The Primal Intellectual

Page 22 of 23 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23  Next

Go down

Re: The Primal Intellectual

Post by Meant2Move on Mon Oct 29, 2018 4:54 pm

Welcome home. So pleased to read that you and your family enjoyed yourselves.
Meant2Move

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ONTARIO on Mon Oct 29, 2018 8:45 pm

I'm going to try to start posting pics of my meals in an attempt to keep me more accountable.

Monday is the only night we don't eat as a family.

Tonight:
Scrambled eggs with onions and peppers, salsa and sour cream, topped with cilantro.

ONTARIO

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by perennialpam on Tue Oct 30, 2018 5:48 am

Made my mouth water.  Good idea about posting to be accountable.  You notice---I do not post.  Smile
perennialpam

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Narrowminded on Tue Oct 30, 2018 10:01 am

Very nice. YUM
Narrowminded

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ONTARIO on Tue Oct 30, 2018 7:58 pm

Sometimes I feel like I need to reset and revisit things. I'm referring to paleo/primal eating and lifestyle. When I feel things are slipping I tend to start reading old paleo books again. I've started re-reading The Primal Blueprint and going back to the early MDA "Start Here" posts. I find it reaffirms why I choose this lifestyle and re-excites me. It is soooooo easy to slip back into a little bit of SAD here and there. It's soooo easy to crave childhood favourites that are as much tied to sentimentality as taste.

So, what brought this on???? It was the cruise. I looked around and noticed two things:

1. I am not as "Look good naked" as I would like or should be and,
2. There are A LOT of morbidly obese people out there and I sure as hell don't want to be one of them!

So, I'm starting over from square one with all the information I already know but might not be fully applying. If you've read, before, why my diary is titled, The Primal Intellectual, then you'll understand what I'm getting at.

Anyway, here's my food for the day - literally everything I put in my mouth.

Breakfast:

Lunch on Tuesdays I eat at the office. BAS with shredded chicken:

Dinner:

I forgot to take a picture but it was cabbage roll with one small potato.

Other:

Coffee with heavy cream
I will also likely have a black tea with a splash of milk this evening.

ONTARIO

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Annieh on Wed Oct 31, 2018 4:46 am

Yum, what a lovely day's worth of food. Primal food really is the best.

Wonderful holiday, it is so nice to do things as a family.

Sorry, you have to have winter so that we can have summer. Whenever I think it's on the way we have another wet week.
Annieh

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedidoc on Wed Oct 31, 2018 8:51 am

Food looks wonderful!
Pedidoc

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ONTARIO on Wed Oct 31, 2018 10:31 am

I'm feeling much better today. I am more alert and awake. I've felt very groggy and out-of-sorts since getting back from my vacation. I think it was doing a three hour time change twice in a week's time that did it to me. I'm also back to eating "my" food which I am sure helps.

Halloween today! No rest tonight as it will be spent handing out candy. I anticipate we'll get just over 100 kids. I have candy for 150 and all of it candy that I can...not...stand! Yep, I'm smart that way! Wink When I get bored and tired of handing out candy at around 8:30 some lucky teenager will get all that's left.

Steps are fantastic today. I'm already up to over 6000 and it's only 10:30 am. I AM feeling better!

ONTARIO

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rig D on Wed Oct 31, 2018 1:52 pm

Always takes longer to adjust to time zone changes when going West to East
Rig D

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ONTARIO on Wed Oct 31, 2018 2:17 pm

RIG! Good to see you back! Very Happy

ONTARIO

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Narrowminded on Wed Oct 31, 2018 6:36 pm

Your food looks awesome. Great idea re-reading the important stuff.

I need to do that before Monday’s W30 start.

Rig - happy to see you post!
Narrowminded

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ONTARIO on Mon Nov 05, 2018 10:26 am

Not much to report here. It was a good weekend. We mostly did yard stuff preparing the house and gardens for winter. We picked up our beef order. To say the freezer is now stocked is an understatement! Hubby made a really nice beef stew using the bones as they had a ton of meat on them. It turned out quite nice and the meat was very tender.

It's been raining here pretty much everyday this past week. It's gloomy and I wish the sun would come out. I guess that at least I can be grateful it's rain and not snow. However, it seems snow is on the forecast for Sunday. We'll see how correct the meteorologists are this time around.

Food has been good. Although, it seems I am terrible about taking pictures. It seems odd to me to remember to think about taking a picture before I eat. But I am going to try to remember as it would be interesting to have a photographic food journal of EVERYTHING one put in their mouth over the period of a month. This weekend I would have had to take a picture of the M&Ms I had from daughter's Halloween stash. Embarassed

Still getting my daily steps. I have also started IF for breakfast on Monday, Wednesday and Thursdays. I have such a hard time with breakfast on the days I need to be at the office in the morning. So I decided I would just IF on those days. Not only does it take away the stress of trying to think of, and get the motivation to prepare, something primal to take with me, but it saves me some calories in the long run. Win-win!

Started reading a website called The Diet Doctor. It's pretty interesting.

ONTARIO

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Meant2Move on Mon Nov 05, 2018 7:48 pm

I love the notion of a month of meal pics, although for me it would be boring as I am far too content to eat virtually the same thing day after day.

I hope the forecast for snow proves false and the sun comes back.
Meant2Move

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Heuristicfireflower on Tue Nov 06, 2018 12:22 am

Food portraits look good. Awesome reminder that it is as tasty s it looks. I need to recreate your pics on my plate.
Heuristicfireflower

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Narrowminded on Tue Nov 06, 2018 9:25 am

Good thought on a months journal of food pics. However, I generally forget too.

We’ve had a bunch of rain as well. Looking for sun. Our forcast, temp wise is pretty good for this week, then will get colder. Not looking forward to the first snow either.

I’ve read some of the diet doctor. Haven’t really dug in though
Narrowminded

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ONTARIO on Tue Nov 06, 2018 2:33 pm

Your life‘s purpose is not to lose weight or eat a perfect diet. Don’t make it your biggest life-waster either. #realtalkwithdana

I really liked reading this today. This girl has it right. She's a lovely person and I have been following her for a while.

Anyway, just click on the link:

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bp0kS4shUoL/?utm_source=ig_web_button_share_sheet

ONTARIO

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedidoc on Tue Nov 06, 2018 3:14 pm

Great advice!
Pedidoc

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Narrowminded on Wed Nov 07, 2018 5:57 pm

Good article, thanks for sharing. Smile
Narrowminded

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ONTARIO on Fri Nov 09, 2018 7:16 am

I woke up this morning to see it actively snowing. Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad

I'm not ready for this. Gah! How many days until spring?

ONTARIO

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ONTARIO on Fri Nov 09, 2018 8:43 am

It's  starting to accumulate.

I was feeling like a lighter breakfast today so I made avocado toast on GF bread.

Hubby and I are planning on going to see the new Queen movie, Bohemian Rhapsody. It has really good reviews so I hope it's good. We rarely go to see a movie.

Other than that it's my usual Friday stuff - cleaning and laundry.

Have good day!

Last edited by ONTARIO on Fri Nov 09, 2018 8:54 am; edited 1 time in total

ONTARIO

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedidoc on Fri Nov 09, 2018 8:48 am

I will be interested in your review of the movie.  Our temperature has gone from 80 yesterday to 58 today.
Pedidoc

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by perennialpam on Fri Nov 09, 2018 9:33 am

I could roll a snowman if I could lift more than 10 lbs! It is beautiful. Still snowing.
perennialpam

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ONTARIO on Mon Nov 12, 2018 3:29 pm

What a weekend! Well, it snowed so that was one mark against the weekend. We got the rest of our yard work done and ready for the winter. Then on Friday hubby tried to fix the oven with the new part he ordered and found out it has a different nut than the original. So, with the oven torn apart we went to the hardware store to find this elusive, special, reverse nut. Nothing. Couldn't find it. Turns out it's proprietary and we had to order it from Samsung. Now it's ordered and we have to wait for it to arrive.

We never made it to the Bohemian Rhapsody movie on Friday due to the oven. We planned to do it on Sunday and then when found it was sold out. Bummer! So, I swore to myself that tomorrow, when the Friday schedule gets posted I am going to buy us two advance tickets so we HAVE to go.

Sunday we finally got to pull out our camper and winterize it. We've been trying to do it for weeks but it's rained every single day for weeks. I am glad we finally got it done as I was stressing out about it. It's 6 years old now and in perfect shape because we've always taken such good care of it and always cleaned it fully out and winterized it every fall. It's always been stored in our garage as well. I'm glad the weather afforded us time to get it done.

We had dinner at our friends house on Saturday. Always good to connect with friends. And, that night son wanted to go to a get together with his sailing friends. Remember, he isn't keen on driving. Well, well, he was put in a position, because we were out with friends, that he HAD to drive himself or not go. We weren't sure it he'd make it home or end up in China but he got home unscathed and the population stayed the same from the time he left until he came back! Laughing So, he's got it now!!!! Yeah!!!!

Food was good this weekend. Steps were good as well.

ONTARIO

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by perennialpam on Mon Nov 12, 2018 3:58 pm

Sometimes you just need a push and incentive! Glad he safely drove.
perennialpam

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by tomi1000 on Mon Nov 12, 2018 4:26 pm

Gosh what a messy weekend! Don't you hate that "proprietary" crap they pull? Makes a simple repair turn into a nightmare. What exactly is the purpose of a "reverse nut" ???
tomi1000

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 22 of 23 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum