The Primal Intellectual

Page 21 of 21 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 19, 20, 21

Go down

Re: The Primal Intellectual

Post by Pedidoc on Thu Oct 11, 2018 1:34 pm

Same issue with sons 2 & 3 on the driving front.  Maybe because they are all so connected on a social media front that they do not need to gather as we did in the old days?  Also, there is Uber now to get them around.
Pedidoc

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ONTARIO on Thu Oct 11, 2018 1:49 pm

Pedidoc...agreed. We live in a city with a bus system as well so he can pretty much get anywhere he wants.

ONTARIO

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ONTARIO on Fri Oct 12, 2018 2:10 pm

Big day, here! I now have a personal chauffeur - AKA, the son!

ONTARIO

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by tomi1000 on Fri Oct 12, 2018 3:14 pm

oh wow --- the rite of passage.......... Smile
tomi1000

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rig D on Fri Oct 12, 2018 5:10 pm

So, is he pumped up about getting the DL, or is it very much a no big deal event now that it is done?
Rig D

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ONTARIO on Fri Oct 12, 2018 5:11 pm

Rig....he just wanted it done. He still doesn't care.

ONTARIO

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Annieh on Fri Oct 12, 2018 7:23 pm

Funny regatta story, I loved it.

Pain about the sailing school issues, I hope they can get sorted.

Driving, well done to your DS and hopefully you can both enjoy the role reversal of him being in the role of driver and you as passenger. I felt progressively more free as each of my daughters got their license. We really wanted them to have the safety net of not being in a position where they might potentially be with an unsafe driver and not able to step in. Don't know for sure whether that happened to them yet, but I was glad I was prepared when it happened to me. I LOVED it when my girls drove me while my wrist was broken.
Annieh

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Narrowminded on Fri Oct 12, 2018 11:03 pm

Congrats to DS. So awesome he can take himself places now. However I found the maiden voyage to be a bit nerve wracking on my part. I knew each of them could drive well, but it was still a bit scary
Narrowminded

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ONTARIO on Sat Oct 13, 2018 7:40 am

Busy day, today. Son is off to work and we're off to take MIL to the Butter tart festival. Daughter is coming as well so MIL is thrilled. We have to drive son to work as the insurance hasn't kicked in yet for him on the car. Probably will be Monday before that happens.

Got a chance to speak with the old race team sailing coach. He said the club had contacted him yesterday. He's agreed to sign the certificates but he'll need first to ensure his own Sail Canada membership is paid before he can do that. And, it won't happen now until the spring as he has to see them all sail. So, assuming the club pays their bit (his membership and pay him what he asks for the assessment on the water) son should eventually get his certification. The timing is not ideal because it screws up what level of instructor courses he can take right now. But the season is over and the boats are out of the water so there's not much choice. We're going to request this fix in writing from the club before we agree to it.

ONTARIO

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Narrowminded on Sat Oct 13, 2018 12:08 pm

Ontario, I’m happy there is some resolution in the works for DS. Not ideal for timing, but the old instructor is covering his back by watching them sail. He needs to do that.

Have fun at the festival today!
Narrowminded

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedidoc on Sat Oct 13, 2018 8:46 pm

I agree with NM.  I would do the same before checking off a student since it would be my word on the line.
Pedidoc

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ONTARIO on Sun Oct 14, 2018 2:57 pm

Went to the Butter Tart Festival yesterday. It was insanely busy. Who would have thought that butter tarts would attract thousands of people? They did have gluten free tarts. I bought a two pack. I ate one and then a few hours later took a bite of the second one and felt I really didn't need to eat it. I tossed it in the bin. MIL reminisced when we stopped by her childhood home. She had a good time recalling all the old homes and businesses of her home town.

Today we hoisted son's boat up onto the side of the garage wall. It will remain there all winter. It's become our official ode of "farewell summer".

I made a nice ham chowder for lunch. It seemed appropriate on this cool, fall day.

Tonight son goes to SCUBA and teaches. Last night he taught a class that included his old sailing race team coach. He said it was an interesting role reversal.

We're starting to gather thing as we leave on vacation on Friday. We fly in into Los Angeles Saturday morning. We're leaving home on Friday night and staying over in Detroit for our early Saturday morning flight. I'm ready for a vacation! We start out our vacation with a 10 km hike up to the Hollywood sign. Then the Walk of Fame and Rodeo drive. Next day is Santa Monica. Then day three we get on a cruise ship and head to Catalina Island and Ensenada over four days. Then back to LA where we spend another day and a half at Venice Beach and then fly home. Son is diving at Catalina Island.

We booked this trip based on daughter's wishes. She's pretty much planned the whole trip. She gets the short end of the stick in the summer being dragged all over the place with son's sailing. So we surprised her with the trip about a month ago and told her she could decide what we would do. She's thrilled!

I just have to get through four days of work and then it's vacation mode!

ONTARIO

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Narrowminded on Sun Oct 14, 2018 5:34 pm

Sounds like a wonderful time a head for you and the fam
Narrowminded

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedidoc on Sun Oct 14, 2018 5:56 pm

Enjoy the trip and family time.
Pedidoc

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by perennialpam on Mon Oct 15, 2018 2:24 am

Have a great time.  What a wonderful surprise for your daughter.  So sweet.
perennialpam

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ONTARIO on Mon Oct 15, 2018 8:46 am

Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad

NOOOOOO!!!!!

They're going to get snow just 30 minutes north of us this week. It's coming......... Evil or Very Mad

Ugh....I am not, not, not ready for this.

ONTARIO

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rig D on Mon Oct 15, 2018 8:54 am

^ Totally agree. We are stuck in the 50's F for our highs for the next week, lows in the 30's. And no sun. We had to turn the heat on Saturday, the house was getting pretty uncomfortable. And of course the drop was overnight from mid 80's to 50's. And it has been raining a good bit, staying too wet to cut the forest in the front yard. I feel like this winter will be long and hard.
Rig D

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Narrowminded on Mon Oct 15, 2018 9:05 am

We will be getting low 30’s next week at night as well. GRRRR.

Had to pop my heat on as well. It would have stuck it out, but I have to think of DH.

It will make your trip to Cali even more wonderful as it will be warmer there.
Narrowminded

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by perennialpam on Mon Oct 15, 2018 9:13 am

Me too re: turning on the furnace.  I always try to wait....

My 2nd floor bedroom, though, is still off.  It is electric heat and very expensive so I wait until I see my breath...kinda.
perennialpam

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 21 of 21 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 19, 20, 21

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum