The Primal Intellectual

Page 11 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11

Go down

Re: The Primal Intellectual

Post by Rig D on Thu Apr 12, 2018 9:08 am

That's funny. You have my deep sympathy. Long ago I worked with a Canadian from, I believe, Winnipeg and he told me that the parking meters have dip stick oil heaters. Now, I may one leg much longer than the other after that story, but he swore it was true. Anyplace with that is way, way too cold for me. Perhaps it was Winterpeg, as I think someone here posted sometime back.
Rig D

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Narrowminded on Thu Apr 12, 2018 12:53 pm

Love the pic. What it’s feeling like here this year.
Narrowminded

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Greensprout on Thu Apr 12, 2018 9:38 pm

Rig D wrote:That's funny. You have my deep sympathy. Long ago I worked with a Canadian from, I believe, Winnipeg and he told me that the parking meters have dip stick oil heaters. Now, I may one leg much longer than the other after that story, but he swore it was true. Anyplace with that is way, way too cold for me. Perhaps it was Winterpeg, as I think someone here posted sometime back.

Dunno about that, living in Winterpeg, but many workplace parking lot spaces have block heater plug ins, is normal to carry a heavy duty extension cord in the car all winter. Oh yay. Better than 25 years ago living in northern Alberta when on 12 hour shifts (particularly nights) we would run outside to run outr cars for 15-20 min several times per shift so they would start when it was time to leave. In those days, only the “management” had parking spots with plug ins.
Greensprout

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rig D on Fri Apr 13, 2018 7:52 am

^Definitely makes the case that it is way too cold for my thin blood. Plug in device sounds like a much better approach than the oil thing, my memory must be off on the story I heard.
Rig D

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum