The Primal Intellectual

Page 10 of 19 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 14 ... 19  Next

Go down

Re: The Primal Intellectual

Post by ONTARIO on Thu Mar 15, 2018 7:52 pm

Narrowminded wrote:Ontario the ski idea sounds awesome.  Definitely a good way to relax.

About the Charge2, are you having any issues reading the screen.  Does it stay on long enough for you and always come on when you turn your wrist?  Those are a few of the complaints and I had them with the Alta I tried.  Just curious as to how it’s worked for you.

I just counted to see how long it stays on.......5 seconds. It was definitely long enough to read the screen. And, yes, it always turns on when I quickly lift my wrist. In fact, my only complaint is that it also comes on when in bed and I lift my arm to turn over. It lights up the whole room.

ONTARIO

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Narrowminded on Thu Mar 15, 2018 8:51 pm

I’m happy to hear this is working out. I hope better for you. Maybe get a wrist band to put over it at night so it doesn’t light up the room.
Narrowminded

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ONTARIO on Mon Mar 19, 2018 4:36 pm

The skiing was great. There was a nice groomed, light snow on the runs. I was glad as this was my DD's first time skiing anywhere with any significance. Nicely groomed, light snow makes for easier skiing. She did really well! I was actually very impressed with how quickly she got it. We went down a few green runs and she was doing okay. Then we ended up on a Blue hill and she was quite apprehensive to the point of tears. But I went down first and stopped and then hubby followed behind her. Of course, once she got half way down and realize she could do it she was fine and then skied many blues later that day. It was a really nice day, all in all.

I tried the parabolics. I don't know. They were okay. I'm not sure they were better than my old skis but I also wonder when the last time they were sharpened. I might like parabolics more if I could choose my own. The rentals were Rosignols and they were VERY wide and clumsy at the end of the ski. I was looking at some of the other parabolics that were obviously owned, on others feet, and notices most of them were far less bulky at the ends. I'm going to watch the clearance sales or maybe hit he ski swap in the fall and pick up a nicer pair of parabolics.

I was surprised that I wasn't sore at all the day after skiing. It must be all that walking I've been doing. Other than that things are good. Still walking every day...still eating only real food. Life is good!

ONTARIO

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Narrowminded on Tue Mar 20, 2018 9:14 am

Sounds like an awesome ski trip! I’m glad DD took well to the hills.
Narrowminded

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ONTARIO on Tue Mar 20, 2018 3:49 pm

It's the first day of spring!!!!!!!!! cheers cheers cheers This is always a positive mood turner for me. I live for summer. Now we have thoughts of camping and getting outside and basking in the sun and taking in the fresh air. I can't wait to go camping.

I also love seeing things pop up in the garden and the buds appearing on the trees. The return of the birds and the buzzing insects, and the woody, decaying smell of the gardens as they begin to absorb old foliage and the winter snow. Ah, it's a beautiful thing.

The weather here is a bit cool still compared to seasonally appropriate temperatures. But it's not snowing nor is there any snow in the forecast so that's a good thing. I'll take it!

This time of renewal also makes me take a look at my diet and exercise. There are things I would like to clean up like the small things that have crept back into the diet or the laziness that has crept into my physique through the long, cold winter.

ONTARIO

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by LoonieJ on Tue Mar 20, 2018 6:37 pm

Happy spring!

LoonieJ

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Narrowminded on Tue Mar 20, 2018 7:56 pm

Ontario I’m glad your weather is good for the first day of spring. We have snow Sad

I love spring though once it gets going.
Narrowminded

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Meant2Move on Tue Mar 20, 2018 8:20 pm

I heard a news report about how the spring equinox (vernal I guess is the appropriate term) used to be the start of the new year. That makes so much more sense to me - a fresh start as life renews itself all around us. My primary urge at the moment is for an extended bout of spring house-cleaning some some konmarie tossing of goods thrown in.

Joy and happy spring!

Meant2Move

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rig D on Wed Mar 21, 2018 7:16 am

SW Ohio greets spring with 3" of snow. Boo! Hiss!

My thought on the current calendar's new year: it is about a week after the day begins to lengthen. I can see in ancient times where there would have been concern about the sun gradually "going away" and having it reverse trend and long enough to show that the trend is true would seem like a good time for celebrating and renewal.
Rig D

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Narrowminded on Wed Mar 21, 2018 1:09 pm

Rig you’re lucky you only got 3”. We had about 6 when I got up and it’s still snowing. Probably closer to 9 at this point. I think the calendar is confused.

Start the new year some where between 1st day of Spring and when the snow is gone. Smile
Narrowminded

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ONTARIO on Thu Mar 22, 2018 4:08 pm

Today is my Friday. I have two hours left of the work week.

I'm excited to visit the MenoMex this weekend. It's an authentic Mexican grocery store/restaurant about 40 minutes from our house. We've never been but heard really good things about it. Our area has quite a few Mennonites and, specifically, Mexican Mennonites. We used to live in Texas and became quite accustomed to true Mexican food. It's a hard commodity to come by here in Canada. "Mexican" food here is anything BUT Mexican. So, needless to say, pretty excited about visiting MenoMex this weekend.

During our travels to the Mexican grocery we plan to stop by and see the Tundra Swans. There is a migration stop in our area where tens of thousands of these swans gather each year during their migration from Chesapeake Bay back to the Arctic. It's quite a sight to see the vast amount of these birds all in one place. And the noise can be quite loud. It's majestic. And when you look up you constantly see a gaggle of them coming in to land or taking off. It's something to see!

Other than that it's a quiet weekend. And I'll take it because Easter weekend is going to be nuts for us!

Last edited by ONTARIO on Thu Mar 22, 2018 7:32 pm; edited 1 time in total

ONTARIO

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Annieh on Thu Mar 22, 2018 4:23 pm

Ontario, I hope you can take some photos of the swans for us to see, that sounds incredible.

MenoMex sounds interesting, your trip will be worth it for the swans alone but I hope you come home with some yummy purchases too.
Annieh

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedidoc on Thu Mar 22, 2018 5:04 pm

Heck, I can't even get good Mexican food here in Houston!!
Pedidoc

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ONTARIO on Thu Mar 22, 2018 5:15 pm

I came across this today and thought it quite funny. I am sure some of you Northerners can relate. Wink

ONTARIO

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Narrowminded on Thu Mar 22, 2018 7:06 pm

Ontario I second getting pics of the swans. Yeah, no real mexican food here either. Smile

Love that chart, describes us exactly where I live.
Narrowminded

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lovebird on Mon Mar 26, 2018 7:10 am

Another vote for Tundra Swan pics.

Such an impressive view (and very loud on the ears indeed)

Hope you got some tasty Mexican food to stock up your pantry and other than that a relaxing weekend. Though the skiing one sounded like great fun too. Smile

Last edited by Lovebird on Wed Mar 28, 2018 11:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
Lovebird

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by perennialpam on Mon Mar 26, 2018 9:04 am

Thanks for the video!

Awaiting my Osprey Male and Female to come back to their nest in Maine. Has been entertaining and educational watching. Their names are Steve and Rachel. Haha

perennialpam

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Meant2Move on Mon Mar 26, 2018 3:37 pm

Love the chart, Ontario! We are just heading into "windy season" - my least favorite of the year. And of course, I am still lamenting having entirely missed winter here.

Can't wait to know what you purchased and cooked!
Meant2Move

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rig D on Tue Mar 27, 2018 8:25 am

I also liked the chart, particularly the "Spring of Deception"
I've always heard the "false summer" referred to as "Indian Summer", a particularly nice interlude.
Rig D

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ONTARIO on Tue Apr 10, 2018 4:32 pm

Hey! I took a little internet break. I find that sometimes the constant access to information (whether you want to see it or not) is just a little too much from time to time. So, like Grok, I stayed offline, with the exception of checking my email.

I am feeling a little more relaxed and not so bombarded by the goings on of the world. Gosh, there is SO much negativity out there on the internet. Just the news stories alone. Gah!

Anyway, I'm alive.

ONTARIO

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The Walrus on Tue Apr 10, 2018 5:53 pm

Glad to see you back. Totally understand the internet break, I’ve taken a couple myself. Hey, thanks for the l-theanine reccie - it’s terrific!
The Walrus

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ONTARIO on Tue Apr 10, 2018 7:37 pm

The Walrus wrote:Glad to see you back.  Totally understand the internet break, I’ve taken a couple myself.  Hey, thanks for the l-theanine reccie - it’s terrific!

I know, eh?!

ONTARIO

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Meant2Move on Tue Apr 10, 2018 8:56 pm

Glad that all is well. Yes, so much needless nastiness in the world. I am constanting reducing the negatives and politics and adding more cute cat and dog stuff... Denial works for me!
Meant2Move

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Narrowminded on Wed Apr 11, 2018 6:55 am

I agree, mostly in denial here too, but mine is more from lack of time. Smile

Happy to see you back.
Narrowminded

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ONTARIO on Thu Apr 12, 2018 8:29 am

More Canadian weather humour. Hey, we, Canadians, have to laugh or we'd down right be crying for 6 months of the year. Because, we actually DO have six months of crappy weather each and every year. So, as people who spend HALF our lives in winter or winter-like conditions, it is a Canadian's birthright to complain/joke/cry about the weather. Wink

ONTARIO

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 19 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 14 ... 19  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum