Tomi found her way!

Page 32 of 44 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 31, 32, 33 ... 38 ... 44  Next

Go down

Re: Tomi found her way!

Post by Pedidoc on Tue Jun 05, 2018 11:57 am

Tomi, I have to say you sound fantastic. Your mental healing will surely lead to physical healing. Have you picked a few of your affirmations to put on a sticky note? I know I have some key ones on my mirror, refrigerator, and even the pantry door. When I am having a weak moment it helps me remind myself of my longterm goals.
Pedidoc

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by tomi1000 on Tue Jun 05, 2018 11:59 am

So, my toenail is doing okay, but I still its going to come off. Its got a grey color to it - not pink like the other nails. It sounds hollow when tapped on - which makes me believe it is not attached to nail bed. I'm really bummed about this. I've kept it bandaged with triple abx but now I have it open to the air for some oxygen. My skin was looking a bit white. There is no tenderness or redness. But I need to be careful what type of shoe I put on because I think it could be a problem. Maybe before I put shoes on I will wrap a band-aid around it just for the security of the nail. I don't want to put pressure on it so I'm thinking flip flops will be my best bet. I do have some very soft Go Walk 2 Sketchers that will work nicely.

I certainly won't be using my Muck shoes for a while, and never again will I wear them for more than an hour or so at a time. I'm lucky my right big toe is okay. When I took my shoes off after the second day of working, both toenails were blue. Its unclear to me why though........ because my shoes are not to small and they never felt like they were putting pressure on my toes.

Its very odd.

Well - I'm out of my protein powder and not very happy about that! It will be ground turkey and juice today.
tomi1000

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by tomi1000 on Tue Jun 05, 2018 12:03 pm

Pedidoc wrote:Tomi, I have to say you sound fantastic.  Your mental healing will surely lead to physical healing.  Have you picked a few of your affirmations to put on a sticky note?  I know I have some key ones on my mirror, refrigerator, and even the pantry door.  When I am having a weak moment it helps me remind myself of my longterm goals.  

on my bathroom mirror ---- I love myself inside and outside. (cuz I often see the nekid self in that mirror)

On the cupboard where I keep all my supplements and meds ---- I am healing.
tomi1000

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedidoc on Tue Jun 05, 2018 12:28 pm

tomi1000 wrote:
Pedidoc wrote:Tomi, I have to say you sound fantastic.  Your mental healing will surely lead to physical healing.  Have you picked a few of your affirmations to put on a sticky note?  I know I have some key ones on my mirror, refrigerator, and even the pantry door.  When I am having a weak moment it helps me remind myself of my longterm goals.  

on my bathroom mirror ---- I love myself inside and outside.  (cuz I often see the nekid self in that mirror)

On the cupboard where I keep all my supplements and meds ---- I am healing.

Perfect! If there is one you could put in the kitchen where you are most likely to see it when you are having a weak moment I would suggest doing so. It is a great reminder in those moments.
Pedidoc

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by tomi1000 on Tue Jun 05, 2018 1:21 pm

Yes thats a good idea. I also have a reminder set on my phone for every evening at 8:00 to make healthy choices. That is the witching hour for me............ after dinner is when I want a "treat". But, there are no treats in the house - so I have to choose healthy things.
tomi1000

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedidoc on Tue Jun 05, 2018 1:38 pm

tomi1000 wrote:Yes thats a good idea.  I also have a reminder set on my phone for every evening at 8:00 to make healthy choices.  That is the witching hour for me............ after dinner is when I want a "treat".  But, there are no treats in the house - so I have to choose healthy things.  

Great idea - I'm stealing it! Very Happy
Pedidoc

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Narrowminded on Tue Jun 05, 2018 3:49 pm

Tomi I agree with Pedi you sound great!

So happy you got off the Crestor.
Narrowminded

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by tomi1000 on Tue Jun 05, 2018 4:37 pm

gosh, so am I! I'm tempted to write my former doctor an "informative" letter explaining what my NP has discovered in the 6 months that I've been seeing her. I really liked her at first but in the 5+ years I was under her care all she did was tell me there was nothing wrong with me and I just needed to eat right and exercise more! She did give me the test box for SIBO after I told her I thought thats what was wrong with me. She also wrote me a prescription for Colestid after I suggested I might be suffering from bile acid malabsorption after my gall bladder removal. Oh yes, and she was no help at all when I had an 11mm kidney stone and it didn't show on the ultrasound - she sent me to PT for my back instead of ordering a CT scan. Oh and the 10 years of chronic diarrhea was my fault for not learning to control it with diet and stress management. UGH! Now she's completely changing the direction of her clinic to cater to the LGBT and swinger community. It's all about healthy consensual sex at her clinic now. Her FB says she a safe place for kinky, queer and anything else. She has made it known that this is in line with her and her husbands lifestyle choices. Not judging......... just don't want to be a part of that. I'm glad I made my exit.

I'm angry. when I first started seeing her she talked all about Functional Medicine and how she could help me -- but never delivered.

Oh well --- over and done. Moving on.

Decided yard work needs to wait until my toe is more stable. I'm afraid if I put on a shoe it will disrupt the nail - and I don't want to wear flip flops while raking up dusty ground covered in leaves and dried up weeds. So - I moved on the recumbent for a bit, until I started to feel fatigued and then I stopped. Don't want to push it.
tomi1000

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedidoc on Tue Jun 05, 2018 5:02 pm

Sounds like the doc is jumping on whatever fad medicine she thinks will net her the most revenue. I am pretty sure her patients are paying big bucks out of pocket. Keep in mind someone has to graduate at the bottom of the class.
Pedidoc

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by tomi1000 on Tue Jun 05, 2018 11:18 pm

I think you're probably right......... sadly. I don't really think her practice is going to survive this. But, she also has an aesthetic side to her clinic - that will probably carry her.
tomi1000

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ONTARIO on Wed Jun 06, 2018 8:52 am

Um....your MD sounds odd. As someone married to a professional (he's a chiropractor) I can not imagine divulging our personal, ahem, sex lifestyle to anyone. Good God! That is really, really odd and unprofessional.

We hear this a lot about MDs - the "there's nothing wrong with you". It's really sad. Unfortunately, chiropractic is incredibly misunderstood and most people end up in our office as a last resort. We literally hear, "I've tried everything and my doctors keep telling me there's nothing wrong with me", over and over and over again on a patient's first visit. And, most of the time there IS a problem but doctors can't be bothered. Now, in defense of MDs, I can imagine it's very hard to hear the constant whining and moaning and groaning of ill people every day. But, hey, they should have known what they were getting into and it's not about THEM - it's about the people they are supposed to serve.

Anyway....I could rant forever about MDs. They have their place and I really believe there ARE great MDs out there, but I think many are given far too much credit in the every day lives of the human body. If you're having a heart attack then see an MD. If you've cut off your arm, then see an MD. But a lot of the ailments in society can be solved outside of allopathy. Of course, this is just my opinion and I know others disagree.

I'm glad you've found something that works for you and you're feeling better!

ONTARIO

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rig D on Wed Jun 06, 2018 10:18 am

Ontario, there are some of us who couldn't agree with you more. I consider my chiropractor to be at least even-up with my MD, and will see the chiropractor first for most non-emergency physical issues. I consider both of them to be secondary to my own responsibility in trying to prevent me getting sick

My experience with chiropractic care is excellent, from my 2 sons getting fixed up quickly for soccer injuries, to my avoiding back surgery by giving the chiropractor a little time to work my back issues and my wife having some foot issues taken care of. My younger son is closing in on graduating from chiropractic school, I'm so excited for him.

OTOH, my experience with MD's is decidedly mixed. Missed cancer diagnosis on my mother is the biggest thing. And several occasions of them not being up front about prospects, especially with cancer. Also, the recipe for all things ailing you physically seems to be rest, pills, occasionally some Physical Therapy, and surgery. Very little concept on prevention, very little decent food input. As a positive, a prior MD did "play a hunch" and have my daughter tested to find that she had severe celiac disease.
Rig D

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedidoc on Wed Jun 06, 2018 10:22 am

Regardless of the professional designation IMHO it is the provider who looks at the person holistically who will have the better results in the long run. With today's patient and their access to information immediately, a limited focus is going to result in poor care and patient satisfaction.  I always remind my students that they need to listen to the patient, treat the whole patient, to remember that patient's do not always present the way the textbook says they will, to think outside the box and don't just write a prescription.

Sorry for the hijack, Tomi.
Pedidoc

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ONTARIO on Wed Jun 06, 2018 10:40 am

Pedidoc wrote:Regardless of the professional designation IMHO it is the provider who looks at the person holistically who will have the better results in the long run. With today's patient and their access to information immediately, a limited focus is going to result in poor care and patient satisfaction.  I always remind my students that they need to listen to the patient, treat the whole patient, to remember that patient's do not always present the way the textbook says they will, to think outside the box and don't just write a prescription.

Sorry for the hijack, Tomi.

Agreed! You put it better than I was attempting to articulate. Focus on the person first, the disease second. Well said!

ONTARIO

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ONTARIO on Wed Jun 06, 2018 10:41 am

Rig D wrote:Ontario, there are some of us who couldn't agree with you more. I consider my chiropractor to be at least even-up with my MD, and will see the chiropractor first for most non-emergency physical issues. I consider both of them to be secondary to my own responsibility in trying to prevent me getting sick

My experience with chiropractic care is excellent, from my 2 sons getting fixed up quickly for soccer injuries, to my avoiding back surgery by giving the chiropractor a little time to work my back issues and my wife having some foot issues taken care of. My younger son is closing in on graduating from chiropractic school, I'm so excited for him.

OTOH, my experience with MD's is decidedly mixed. Missed cancer diagnosis on my mother is the biggest thing. And several occasions of them not being up front about prospects, especially with cancer. Also, the recipe for all things ailing you physically seems to be rest, pills, occasionally some Physical Therapy, and surgery. Very little concept on prevention, very little decent food input. As a positive, a prior MD did "play a hunch" and have my daughter tested to find that she had severe celiac disease.

Rig....where is your son attending Chiropractic school?

ONTARIO

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rig D on Wed Jun 06, 2018 11:38 am

He's at Palmer, in Davenport Iowa
Rig D

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Narrowminded on Wed Jun 06, 2018 12:40 pm

Don’t want to continue the highjack, but I love my Chiro too and he is always a first stop for me with physical ailments. However, now I’m going to have to get through DD first, with her PT. I’m finding today, their abilities are getting closer and closer. Smile. And my DS contemplated going for Chiro. May still in the future, who knows?
Narrowminded

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ONTARIO on Wed Jun 06, 2018 1:33 pm

Rig D wrote:He's at Palmer, in Davenport Iowa

Ah, the true home of the origin of Chiropractic! He's going to a VERY principled school. Good for him!

ONTARIO

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by tomi1000 on Wed Jun 06, 2018 1:40 pm

ONTARIO wrote:Um....your MD sounds odd. As someone married to a professional (he's a chiropractor) I can not imagine divulging our personal, ahem, sex lifestyle to anyone. Good God! That is really, really odd and unprofessional.

We hear this a lot about MDs - the "there's nothing wrong with you". It's really sad. Unfortunately, chiropractic is incredibly misunderstood and most people end up in our office as a last resort. We literally hear, "I've tried everything and my doctors keep telling me there's nothing wrong with me", over and over and over again on a patient's first visit. And, most of the time there IS a problem but doctors can't be bothered. Now, in defense of MDs, I can imagine it's very hard to hear the constant whining and moaning and groaning of ill people every day. But, hey, they should have known what they were getting into and it's not about THEM - it's about the people they are supposed to serve.

Anyway....I could rant forever about MDs. They have their place  and I really believe there ARE great MDs out there, but I think many  are given far too much credit in the every day lives of the human body. If you're having a heart attack then see an MD. If you've cut off your arm, then see an MD. But a lot of the ailments in society can be solved outside of allopathy. Of course, this is just my opinion and I know others disagree.

I'm glad you've found something that works for you and you're feeling better!

You know she is really nice and personable. But after about 2 years of seeing her I started to feel she was ignoring what I was saying and dismissing my symptoms. Then when she started with the "It's just IBS and you need to learn to manage it with diet and meditation" thing I got kinda mad. THEN ---- she started telling me all the other stuff and that the weight issue is simply eat less, move more. UGH! She never did more than check a few labs to address my fatigue - and then when she did the 180 and put me on Crestor I had HAD it! I left the office that day knowing I would never return.

My friend who also see's her told me to check out her FB page. I discovered she has 2 pages. One is about her clinic in town where she spells out the changes in her medical focus and the other is a page called Sex Positive Portland. She has the facebook live videos where she talks about healthy sex with who-ever you want as long as there is consent from both parties. She also discusses her divorce on her pages. I think she is trying to be true to herself - but it is very unprofessional and I think she is going to lose an awful lot of patients through this transition in her practice. Whatever......... I'm just sorry I wasted 5 years hoping she could help me.
tomi1000

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by tomi1000 on Wed Jun 06, 2018 1:59 pm

Oh what fun! Smile I like being hijacked Smile all this conversation is wonderful.

I agree -- Chiro and PT are becoming closer - maybe someday they will become one in the same. Physical Chirotherapy. Smile I just invented a new branch of medicine! Smile

I'm thinking of going to a chiro because after all these months of being very sedentary I think my back is messed up. I've been using the roller, but it really hurts to do that. I got on my tummy on the floor and hubby gently pushed and messaged but nothing popped. But it sure feels like it needs to be adjusted.

I got up this morning - showered - paid boat shop bills - and took a nice stroll around the park! It is 850 steps from door to door. So its 1/5 of a mile in one loop. Smile I am going to continue with this walking and increase as energy allows. I don't want to push and find myself in a crash so I'm going slow.
tomi1000

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by tomi1000 on Wed Jun 06, 2018 2:00 pm

Wednesday Affirmations:

1. I am a beautiful woman inside and outside
2. I love myself inside and outside
3. I am strong and ready to show it
4. I am healing
5. I am lovable - and very loved
tomi1000

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedidoc on Wed Jun 06, 2018 2:32 pm

Love #5!
Pedidoc

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by perennialpam on Wed Jun 06, 2018 3:06 pm

Tomi - Clapping for your walk around the block. Remember, if you pass the starting point and keep going --- you can always turn around. You could push yourself that way when you get the urge. Good for you on the walk. Movement and fresh air - wind in your long hair (if it's down) - all good.
perennialpam

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by tomi1000 on Wed Jun 06, 2018 8:19 pm

Smile hair down - and still damp from my shower! Smile It was lovely.
tomi1000

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Narrowminded on Wed Jun 06, 2018 10:24 pm

Tomi I am so excited for you! You got this!!
Narrowminded

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 32 of 44 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 31, 32, 33 ... 38 ... 44  Next