Tomi found her way!

Page 4 of 44 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 24 ... 44  Next

Go down

Re: Tomi found her way!

Post by Narrowminded on Thu Jan 11, 2018 9:18 am

Tomi, so happy you can get started. Love your new avatar too. Eggs are awesome.
Narrowminded

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by tomi1000 on Thu Jan 11, 2018 3:30 pm

Thanks! I'm excited and jumping right in! I slept late cuz I was awake until 4:00 with a combo of insomnia and fibro leg pain. So, its now noon - I've showered and juiced up a concoction of 10 different fruits and veggies. Carrots, celery, cucumber, spinach, romaine, beets, apple, lemon, ginger root, and orange. I'm Eating the Rainbow! (I forgot to add blueberries - dang!)

I will try to start everyday with juice and my TCM herbal tea with Heather's Tummy Fibers added. Plus, my first dose of pills and maybe 2 eggs. Once I start feeling a bit more energetic I will add laps around the park next door. But I'm not going to push it - a slow and easy stroll will be just fine.

Since I'm not working outside the home now I can make my days as regimented as I choose. The weekends will be more relaxed but I still need to take all the pills on schedule. With all these vitamins and supplements I need to be organized. So - of course I have a spreadsheet to help me keep it all straight. Smile I will be weeding out some of the supplements that I'm taking at bedtime because they don't seem to be working anymore. So as I run out I will not be replacing. I go to bed feeling tired and sleepy - but sleep eludes me.

I have purchased a Wholetones 2Sleep player, not sure of delivery date yet. Wholetones is based on the music that puts the brain into different wave patterns. I think thats how you say it. So, the sleep music is supposed to induce Alpha and Theta waves. There are 6 songs, each 22 minutes long. The player can be set to play for a limited time or on loop to play all night. It was not cheap - but hubby insisted I give it a try.

Hubby's RA seems to be flaring again. His hands are not looking so good. I got on his case yesterday because he said "well they don't hurt". I tried to explain to him that its not the pain that will cause the damage to the joints, but the inflammation. His rheumatologist told him to bump up the prednisone if he was hurting so he has been ignoring the swelling. GRRRR! The hydrochloroquin has to build up in his system, taking 1-2 months to be fully effective - so they are trying to reduce the prednisone to match - but I think they are going at it too aggressively. I told him to go back up for a few days to see if the inflammation is reduced. I got mad at him for not being more in tune with this disease. I told him "don't make me mother you!" I don't want to be that kind of wife who has to take care of every detail of her husbands life - but sometimes it feels like that is exactly what I need to do with him. I had to go with him to his doctor and insist he get a sleep study - the results being extreme snoring and really bad sleep apnea. And I had to call his doctor to get his meds changed and tell his doctor he DID NOT have carpal tunnel, and get him scheduled with an rheumatologist to test for RA. Do ALL wives have to be the health police with their husbands? I don't like it. I'm a bit frustrated with him right now.
tomi1000

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Narrowminded on Thu Jan 11, 2018 11:22 pm

Sounds like you are off to a great start with this new routine. I’m praying it does the trick and healing will come.

As to men and their health, if I had not made appts and insisted on DR visits for my DH, he would have probably neede a wheel chair before he took the time to go figure out what was up. Men are stubborn, at least those i know Smile
Narrowminded

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Heuristicfireflower on Thu Jan 11, 2018 11:44 pm

Ah no.  Frustrating to have to pick up health slack for non-compliant family member. Not fair to you while you struggle with your own health.  
My father ignored his health issues, too.  It fell to me to check his blood sugar when he refused to care about his diabetes.  I remember pulling out the juice and pastries from the shopping cart and him putting it back in. Incredibly frustrating and unfair.  Perhaps, finding what the damage will eventually look like from neglect may help your husband understand the the possible complications or seeing the cascade of other things affected may make an impression.

Glad eggs are on the menu for you and not triggering anything.  How fun to do displays with plants.  I used to help create Orchid show displays many moons ago.  It's fun working with green and flowery things.
Heuristicfireflower

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by tomi1000 on Sat Jan 13, 2018 8:38 pm

Yes - men can be the most stubborn creatures on the face of the earth - but dang it - we do love them! NM I'm sure you're DH is thankful that you pushed him to find out what was wrong - even though there really isn't a treatment - at least knowing the beast takes out some of the stress. You are amazing the way you care for him - and I pray strength and rest for you.

Hubby is doing what he's told as far as taking his meds - but he ignores his body signals. I get frustrated with him - but I love him too much to leave his health in his own hands! Smile so I will continue to be vigilant with his treatment.

I've run out of my Pure Encapsulations Nutrient 950 vitamins........ I have them on order through my NP and should be able to pick them up on Monday - so a day and a half shouldn't hurt anything.

Hubby and his brother are trying to get their moms house ready to sell (she passed 2 years ago April). They've decided to hire brothers son to do all the work inside (painting and new trim, new light fixtures, fix some dry rot in the bathrooms..... ) He does this for a living and is a perfectionist so we know he'll do a great job. He should be done with it in a few weeks and then it can go on the market. We will go over there next weekend and try to get the yard cleaned up. Luckily its a small yard but the weeds have taken over all the flower beds. It will be so good to have this done and behind us.

I am suffering through a terrible head cold right now. I've been feeling like something was trying to take over my throat for about week - well yesterday morning I was doing okay, but last night I was completely stuffed up and running a fever. Ugh........... It could be worse, I've been reading about a pretty nasty flu bug that is covering the country.
tomi1000

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Narrowminded on Sun Jan 14, 2018 12:07 am

Tomi, I’m going to hope that the cold is not the flu. And that it’s your body starting to heal due to the new regime.

Thank you for your prayers, they are greatly appreciated. I will be keeping you in mind as well.
Narrowminded

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by tomi1000 on Mon Jan 15, 2018 12:20 pm

Thanks, NM! I am feeling better so I guess it was just a cold, or a very mild flu. Maybe the extra vitamin load helped me shake it faster. I slept pretty well last night and didn't need a decongestant. I seem to have more energy this morning - was up at 7:00, showered, dried my hair and started laundry. Then I made my juice and settled for a bit. Not much on my calendar for the day. I'm hoping my vitamins come in at the NPs office and if so I will go get them this afternoon. Other than that - I need to do some tax prep for the business, finish up all the laundry, and clean up the house for hubby's men's gathering tonight.

tomi1000

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Narrowminded on Tue Jan 16, 2018 9:26 am

Tomi so glad to hear you’re doing better and your energy is up.

Yeah working on tax stuff for our biz too, not fun
Narrowminded

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Pebbles67 on Tue Jan 16, 2018 12:08 pm

Tomi,

I am so excited that you are working a new plan with your NP. Your tone of hopefulness is so much different from the beginning posts of this journal in December. I am so glad you shared your true state of mind and body with us so that now we can rejoice with you as you work the new plan. I hope I can be as honest.

I'm glad you have taken good care of yourself by quitting your job. You do enough by being a good business partner and loving wife to your husband and taking care of Mom. Also happy to hear that you are done trying to placate crazy people. Wink

It was nice to "hear" your voice again through this new journal. Hugs. P
Pebbles67

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Annieh on Wed Jan 17, 2018 1:32 pm

tomi1000 wrote:Do ALL wives have to be the health police with their husbands?  I don't like it.  I'm a bit frustrated with him right now.

So hard when the issues are so important but he is not helping himself.

Annieh

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by tomi1000 on Wed Jan 17, 2018 3:53 pm

Hubby is not totally slacking - he's just not as attentive to his body as I want him to be - but I guess it's a guy thing. I will stay on top of it while trying not be a nag. Wink

Paula! Hello!

I had a set back yesterday - energy totally tanked again. I guess I can't expect this journey to be a constant surge forward. If I do that I'm going to set myself up for a lot of frustration and disappointment. My body has a long way to go to be healthy and strong. Vigilance is important, no it's KEY! I have to do things that are all good for my body at the cellular level - and avoid anything that could be harmful. This includes food/drink, emotions, and movement (or lack of). My NP says my body needs to be rested and allowed to rebuild. So, I am pretty much a sloth these days.

So my days are pretty much a routine of hitting my health markers for the day. I start the day with freshly juiced fruits and veggies and my first dose of vitamins, then a small meal of protein with probiotics and digestive enzymes. Next is my herbal tea with TCM herbs and Heather's Tummy Fibers mixed in. I'm certainly getting lots of water. I have vitamins and herbs that I take multiple times a day, most need to be taken with food so, small bites of nutrient rich foods throughout the day. I drink 1/2 a bottle of kombucha in the afternoon, then dinner is a protein and a veg or rice. Another TCM herbal tea with my bedtime supplements at 10:00. I have a powdered bone broth on order - so will add that to the routine soon. I'm still using the Isagenix pea-protein bars once or twice a day, but I'm working them out of my diet as my supply runs out.

I received my WholeTones 2Sleep speaker with 6 sleep inducing instrumentals loaded. I used it last night and I think it really helps to get my brain in sleep mode. I felt like I slipped into that falling asleep place very quickly. It was expensive ($129) but if it helps my body get and stay asleep then the money is well spent. It is a little tricky to balance the volume but I'm sure I will get used to it. You can set it to run through once and stop or you can put it on a continuous loop to play all night. Since I have issues with waking up during the night I set it on continuous and I slept for much longer segments. Smile
tomi1000

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Narrowminded on Wed Jan 17, 2018 7:12 pm

Tomi that is so good to know about the whole tones. I’m going to pass that along to my friend who has fibromyalgia and has trouble sleeping.

Sorry you were tired today, however they say when your first catching up on lost sleep you can be more tired, so maybe that’s an indicator that not only did you sleep longer, maybe it was deeper/more restful as well.

I think you’re doing great and you’re in my prayers
Narrowminded

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Heuristicfireflower on Thu Jan 18, 2018 5:38 am

That sounds like a great protocol for healing. Supersaturating with nutrients, no way, it doesn't have a grand positive affect on your health. Smile
Heuristicfireflower

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by tomi1000 on Thu Jan 18, 2018 11:22 pm

My energy tanking has less to do with sleep and more to do with my poor nutrient absorption due to a really jacked up digestive system. The boat loads of vitamins and minerals, and the added glycine are supposed to be the treatment. That, and a very low key life, free of stress, with lots of rest. My cells are starving for energy that they are not getting from the food I'm eating. So we are working to heal my gut and get my digestion working properly.

My NP has decided I need to be on strict candida diet for a month. So, I started today. I'm hoping to see some improvement in my digestion soon.
tomi1000

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by tomi1000 on Fri Jan 19, 2018 2:48 am

I tried the powdered bone broth - yuck. I should have done a bit more research before ordering this one. I'm guessing I just wasted $18. Bummer. I know I should make my own - but finding a good source of bones will be a problem.

So, I've made it through day 2 of the strict candida diet. I've eaten 6 eggs and 4 strips of thick sliced bacon - plus a can of green beans. Not even 1000 calories. I'm not sure what to do. I will try to get the veggies I need to juice that will be okay for this diet. No sweeteners of any kind, no apples, oranges or lemons. No carrots. So, greens, cucumbers, celery.............. anyone have any suggestions? Must be very low glycemic index veggies and fruits. Berries are okay. I need more than meats, eggs and green beans or steamed broc and cauli. I am tempted to eat a protein bar cuz I'm very hungry, but I can't because its made with pea protein and has natural sweeteners --- so, I'm going to bed instead.
tomi1000

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Narrowminded on Fri Jan 19, 2018 6:15 pm

Tomi, zucchini juices well and would fit the bill. Can you do peppers, or yams or even beets? Not sure how glycemic raw Yam/sw potatoes are. Can you sauté those veg in CO? How about s good stir fry of veg and protein? Or a scramble. I do homemade sausage (pork with sausage seasoning, I’ve also used ground turkey or even beef). Sauté that with a bunch of veg and greens, then put to eggs on top sunny side up, cover with a lid and they are like easy over. Then bust up the yokes and mix it all up. Very filling.

Hope that helps
Narrowminded

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by tomi1000 on Fri Jan 19, 2018 8:31 pm

NM - thanks for the suggestions. Zucchini - yes. Yams and beets no. Too much sugar. I'm making a similar meat veggie scramble for dinner tonight. Eggs, bacon, ground turkey and cauliflower/broccoli. Hubby can add cheese and sour cream to his - and more spices.

Must be having die off symptoms already cuz I've been wiped out today! Brain fog, dizziness, poor coordination, headache, tummy pain and frequent trips to the little girls room - and really tired. I was supposed to go out with friends for dinner - but decided to stay home. I might just sleep on the sofa after dinner.

tomi1000

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Greensprout on Fri Jan 19, 2018 9:56 pm

Is lemon ok? Juice of greens, cucumber, ginger, lemon. Some citrus adds a lot if you can tolerate it. Lime as well.
Greensprout

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by tomi1000 on Sat Jan 20, 2018 2:46 pm

lemons and limes are not allowed. Basically the the only fruits allowed are berries. I'm going to get some greens, cucs and berries today and see what I can come up with. I've been living on eggs and ground turkey for 3 days now. It tastes good, but I'm getting tired of it. Tonight I'm making roasted veggies and salmon Smile I need to get to the store - energy is keeping me home. I'm going to try to today. I need to get out of the house.
tomi1000

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by tomi1000 on Sat Jan 20, 2018 9:09 pm

Dinner tonight - grilled salmon with roasted squash, broc and cauli. Smile yum!
tomi1000

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedidoc on Sat Jan 20, 2018 9:47 pm

Tomi, how is your DS? I believe he was in a relationship the last you posted.
Pedidoc

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by tomi1000 on Sat Jan 20, 2018 11:21 pm

Hi Kathi - thanks for asking about DS. He's been in a crazy relationship for the past year - on and off and very much filled with drama. He has just recently decided to end the relationship for good. Her mental struggles (borderline personality disorder as per DS's therapist's opinion) has been way too much to deal with. She has gotten physically abusive recently. So, after a week long visit at Christmas (she lives in another state now) the crazy behavior got to be too much. I am sad, cuz when she is in a sane state she is wonderful woman, and I very much enjoy her company. She is warm and funny and extremely intelligent. But she gets quite messed up in her thinking and I don't want my son to live his life with that kind of trouble. He's lonely again. He wants so badly to find a good match and to have a future with a woman. He is again using the dating sites in hopes of finding a mate. People just don't seem to meet like they did when I was young.
tomi1000

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Narrowminded on Sun Jan 21, 2018 6:46 am

Tomi, I’m happy to hear the eating is going well, if boring. Hopefully your energy will start returning.

How is sleep going with the wholetones? I did pass that I do to my GF and she’s trying the few samples on YouTube before investing.

So sorry for your DS. I’ll be praying he finds the right person for him.
Narrowminded

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedidoc on Sun Jan 21, 2018 11:42 am

In general we do not have to interact face to face with people like we used to. I have a couple of friends who met on a dating site. It makes sense to spend your time meeting people who in theory you are campatible with. I hope he has better luch this time.
Pedidoc

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by tomi1000 on Sun Jan 21, 2018 7:42 pm

Narrowminded wrote:Tomi, I’m happy to hear the eating is going well, if boring. Hopefully your energy will start returning.

How is sleep going with the wholetones?  I did pass that I do to my GF and she’s trying the few samples on YouTube before investing.

So sorry for your DS. I’ll be praying he finds the right person for him.

I like the Wholetones sleep music a lot. The volume is a little tricky to get just right, but otherwise the sound is really good (and I'm picky about the sound of speakers). The unit is really small which surprised me! Its small enough to fit into a cup cake! Smile It does help me shut down my thoughts and go to sleep. Now if I could stop waking up every 2 hours to pee! Need to stop all liquids earlier in the evening.

Pedidoc wrote:In general we do not have to interact face to face with people like we used to.  I have a couple of friends who met on a dating site.  It makes sense to spend your time meeting people who in theory you are campatible with.  I hope he has better luch this time.

I agree. I also have friends who met on dating sites. I wish he would go all in and do the full price membership version, but he says its really expensive and is not sure if its worth the investment.
tomi1000

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 44 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 24 ... 44  Next