Tomi found her way!

Page 25 of 40 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 32 ... 40  Next

Go down

Re: Tomi found her way!

Post by Narrowminded on Wed May 09, 2018 6:22 pm

Happy to hear you have a call into the therapist. Since you’ve been there before, at least you have an idea of what it will be like. Remember to give yourself some slack when healing.
Narrowminded

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by tomi1000 on Wed May 09, 2018 10:19 pm

well, the therapist called back and said she has a wait list. Sad Six people in front of me. She couldn't give me an idea of when I might get an appointment. This is disappointing. I think I will contact the counselor that hubby and I used for marriage counseling and see if he can refer anyone. I know he has some partners so maybe there will be an opening there?

I will check tomorrow. First I need to remember his name. Oh yes........... it just popped into my brain! Smile
tomi1000

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by tomi1000 on Thu May 10, 2018 3:47 am

went to bed at 10. talked to hubby about the counseling, of course he is totally supportive Smile I fell asleep for a few minutes, but fibro legs and burning feet are keeping me from being able to sleep, so now I'm up at 12:45. Ugh.

I am going to send a text to my NP tomorrow and see if can give me a referral to a counselor. I checked the website of my other guy and his clinic does only marriage counseling with an emphasis on research. He could possibly give me a referral though. I can send him an email.
tomi1000

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lovebird on Thu May 10, 2018 4:20 am

Sorry you can't sleep because you are in such pain.

Please watch this video http://primalforums.forumotion.com/t223-doctor-in-the-house as it might give you hope for the future. After finding it, I posted with you in mind, as Nicola also has fibro/SIBO etc and the advice definitely helped her, even if it wasn't easy.
Lovebird

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rig D on Thu May 10, 2018 8:57 am

Sounds like a "win" day to me.
Rig D

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Narrowminded on Thu May 10, 2018 9:54 am

Great job reaching out and trying to find someone. Prayers that today will find a good and available counselor.
Narrowminded

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by tomi1000 on Thu May 10, 2018 1:56 pm

Lovebird wrote:Sorry you can't sleep because you are in such pain.

Please watch this video http://primalforums.forumotion.com/t223-doctor-in-the-house as it might give you hope for the future. After finding it, I posted with you in mind, as Nicola also has fibro/SIBO etc and the advice definitely helped her, even if it wasn't easy.

I watched 1/2 last night during my leg pain can't sleep time Smile and the rest this morning. I can certainly relate to the feelings of hopelessness and fear that life will never get better. I can also understand the "this is too damn hard" part.

If I look back over the past 11 years and focus on what I've overcome, it is huge and helps me know that I can continue to overcome. Life doens't have to be this way. I've overcome SIBO though meds and diet, I've overcome Candida through meds and diet, I've greatly reduced my fibro symptoms through diet alone. I learned what natural supplements and music can do to help me sleep. But I need to take the diet further. I have been giving it 80% for the most part. Sometimes I do better, but I don't think I ever fall below an 80% effort. I need to get that number lots higher. 95-100% would be in my best interest. I need to MOVE better as well.

I think just starting with yoga is the best approach to movement. After a few months, or if I feel like it, I will add walking.

I will need to be very conscious of what I'm eating. I need to get back to recording what I'm eating because it makes me accountable and aware of every bite. I have been doing really well these past 2 months of not tracking, but I can easily slide if I'm not staying focused. Looking back over the past 2 months I can say I've eaten something that is not best for me probably twice a week. Such as: Rice, einkorn waffles w/real maple syrup, burger and tots (just once), granola bars. Its not a lot but enough to keep me from progressing to better health. I'm going to change this.

I did start taking another digestive aid - its called Gold Lipo and its basically just lipase. I think it is really making a difference in the bathroom.

I got an email back from my former marriage counselor and he says he has an intern that would be great for working with me. Smile I am expecting an email from her today and I'm so ready to get started!!!

Sleep was not good last night. I believe the rice I had with dinner caused the leg pain.

I am going to try to make a bank run and go to the grocery store today.
tomi1000

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by tomi1000 on Thu May 10, 2018 1:58 pm

Rig D wrote:Sounds like a "win" day to me.

Narrowminded wrote:Great job reaching out and trying to find someone.  Prayers that today will find a good and available counselor.

thank you! Smile yes a win for sure.

I should be hearing from an intern today.

I'm ready to move forward with my healing process.
tomi1000

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by tomi1000 on Thu May 10, 2018 5:33 pm

I still want to try to do keto --- for many reasons, but mostly for the weight loss. But, I am putting it aside for now. I will continue to read and research and gather recipes, but I won't try to do it until after I take care of some other things. For now - just keeping eating healthy, and work on making it even better.
tomi1000

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by tomi1000 on Thu May 10, 2018 11:31 pm

Affirmations:

1. I am a beautiful woman inside and outside.
2. I love myself inside and outside.
3. I am healing inside and outside.
4. I am happy inside and outside.
5. I am healthy inside and outside.

I like these - I'm going to stay with them for a while. Smile

No call from the counselor today Sad Hopefully tomorrow.
tomi1000

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Narrowminded on Fri May 11, 2018 8:28 am

Tomi it’s great to see your positive attiude and the things you plan on righting in your diet.

As for the recording to be accountable. I would like to suggest you stay way from MFP or the like and just use a notebook. When you do I don’t want you to write amounts, just items.

Such as breakfast, eggs, jalapeno, sweet potato. That way you are only focusing on what foods your having.

Hugs as you move forward.
Narrowminded

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by tomi1000 on Fri May 11, 2018 4:21 pm

NP - thats a good idea. I will do that.
tomi1000

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by tomi1000 on Fri May 11, 2018 4:42 pm

Still no contact from the counselor Sad I was really hoping to have an appointment made by end of day today.

I see the NP next Thursday. I'm making a list of things to go over with her. I'm am very concerned that the SIBO has returned. I'm having the same types of symptoms - but it could be just the IBS. I went the most part of the past 2 years with very little cramping and pain - and now that is a daily occurrence again. Always after I eat the first meal of the day (just like before). Today the pain was so bad I thought I might throw up. It has been getting worse over the past months. And the pain lingers for hours, just enough to know its there and make me feel cruddy. Getting my diet up to near 100% clean might make a difference with this.

I'm feeling rather down today. Physically and emotionally. I want to get on with the process of healing, but it feels like I'm just running in place. It will get better............ I'm just feeling not so great today. Beyond knowing what my blood test showed - the viruses living in me, and what the urine test showed - the lack of nutrient absorption, we don't really know anything yet. The mega doses of vitamins have helped my energy just a bit, but not enough.

Anyway....... I'll carry on. Can't do anything else.
tomi1000

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Meant2Move on Fri May 11, 2018 7:58 pm

Just adding a second to NM's idea of writing down what you eat, but not quantities.

Also, related to a comment you made a few days back about feeling better after you ate the fast food - you may have felt better because of the high sodium content in that food. Being low on salt, either because of restrictions, just not eating salted food, or due to having the scoots frequently, will leave you feeling bad - low energy, tummy distress, etc. I'm more active than the average working woman so I'm pretty aware of electrolytes. When I'm low on salt, my stomach cramps or bloats, my energy is low and I feel terrible.

Not that you need another nutrient to worry about, but it is something to consider. Advice to keep sodium intake low is another bit of conventional wisdom that can seep into our brains without our realizing it and it can be harmful.
Meant2Move

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by tomi1000 on Fri May 11, 2018 11:44 pm

M2M - I bet you're right. I was trying to eat more salt while I was cutting carbs and upping fat, but probably it wasn't enough. I will write down my daily intake in notebook. Thank you! Smile
tomi1000

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by tomi1000 on Fri May 11, 2018 11:48 pm

Counseling appointment tomorrow at 3:00. Better yet, the office is just up the street from my house. Smile Won't take me 5 minutes to get there. And since she is an intern of our marriage counselor I can't imagine she is anything but great - he was amazing!

So - I'm on my way. Praying this is productive in more than just gut health. Wink

Affirmations:

1. I am a beautiful woman inside and outside.
2. I love myself inside and outside.
3. I am healing inside and outside.
4. I am happy inside and outside.
5. I am healthy inside and outside.

today was pretty good energy day - I went the bank, even went inside!, then to the grocery store Smile and when I got home I did a little gardening. Smile Yeah me!
tomi1000

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Narrowminded on Sat May 12, 2018 9:00 pm

Tomi some good things here. Knowing that you have that counselor appt seems to have already helped you feel better, look at that you’ve accomplished.

Second M2M on the possible lack of sodium.

How did that appt go today? Don’t need to share specifics as it may have dredged up things you don’t want to share, more did you like this person, seem to click etc.

You got this!
Narrowminded

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by tomi1000 on Sat May 12, 2018 9:59 pm

Yes, we clicked nicely. She has a similar experience, only much worse, so she totally understands. I like her and she's a Christian so we can bring the spiritual into the healing as well. Remembering who I am in God's eyes (not ex-husbands) will be very helpful. I expect good things to come from this. Even if it doesn't help my gut issues (which is doubtful) I know it will help my self-image and many other things. I see her again next Friday. We will meet weekly until I decide to change it.

It was surprising, as I told her about what ex-husband said to me I started to cry. It was 28 years ago - I had no idea I was still carrying that kind of pain with me. That says a lot. She says we will change the tape that has been running in my head for 28 years. Smile

I had the best day I have had in over 6 months! I got up and showered and even put on make up! Dried my hair and everything. Smile Appt at 3 and then hubby and drove out to the nursery and bought 9 big flower baskets for the yard, brought those home and then went to Home Depot for more flowers. I still had energy to get veggies cut up and in the oven for roasting. Smile It feels wonderful!
tomi1000

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The Walrus on Sun May 13, 2018 3:19 am

So glad to hear you had a good experience!
The Walrus

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rig D on Sun May 13, 2018 9:53 am

She says we will change the tape that has been running in my head for 28 years
Definitely time to wipe that sucker clean and toss it in the trash. Glad you clicked with your counselor and also very happy you both have the same religious faith, I think that will be a big factor for you
Rig D

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Narrowminded on Sun May 13, 2018 5:09 pm

Tomi that is WONDERFUL news. Keep up,the awesome work.
Narrowminded

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by tomi1000 on Sun May 13, 2018 10:01 pm

The Walrus wrote:So glad to hear you had a good experience!

Rig D wrote:
She says we will change the tape that has been running in my head for 28 years
Definitely time to wipe that sucker clean and toss it in the trash.  Glad you clicked with your counselor and also very happy you both have the same religious faith, I think that will be a big factor for you

Narrowminded wrote:Tomi that is WONDERFUL news. Keep up,the awesome work.

Yes I'm very thankful to have been connected with her. I really do need to change the tape - and I thank all of you for the gentle encouragement.

I had a great weekend, aside from the gut troubles, with hubby. We got all our baskets hung and most of the bedding plants in. We worked this morning from 9 am until noon-ish. I was dead tired, but so happy to have had the energy to do it! Smile The gut troubles started after we were done so I just laid low after that.
tomi1000

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by tomi1000 on Mon May 14, 2018 7:17 pm

Affirmations

1. I AM ENOUGH!
2. I am beautiful inside and outside.
3. I am stronger than my illness.
4. I will be healed and healthy.
5. I love myself inside and outside.

Not a good day -- I am more suspect that the SIBO has returned. All too familiar symptoms. It has been consistently bad for weeks now, and the pain is much worse. Sad Bummer.
tomi1000

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by tomi1000 on Tue May 15, 2018 7:11 pm

So - it's been 60 days of no tracking, measuring or weighing. Also - no changes in supplements, although I did eliminate a few several weeks back when my gut started to take a turn for the worst again.

Results:
- I have definitely become less concerned with calories, macros and the number on the scale.
- my weight has not changed.
- I think I still eat the same amount whether I track or not because I eat when I'm hungry, and I always eat the same amounts.

My gut is just not happy. Pain, diarrhea and a constant burning sensation. So - I checked on coverage of Xifaxan because I am certain the SIBO is back. Insurance pays for it AFTER I meet my out of pocket for the year ($7150). I'm not spending $2200 on medication. So I ordered a SIBO kit from Amy Myers website. It was $200 for a 2 month treatment. I also ordered l-glutamine and collagen to help heal my leaky gut.

Hopefully I will soon be on anti-virals, and maybe I will feel a boost in energy.

I'm really tired of taking so many pills - and even more tired of what it is costing us.

I'm in a bad mood today. Combination of feeling sorry for myself, feeling tired and lethargic, feeling worried that I will never find the end of this, and feeling just plain pissed off about it all.
tomi1000

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Narrowminded on Tue May 15, 2018 8:15 pm

Hugs Tomi. When do you see your NP? I sure hope after you purchased the stuff from Dr. Amy that she agrees it is SIBO.

Great job sticking to the 60 days of not tracking/weighing etc. The good news is, you did not gain. That is a huge positive and should be an encouragement to you.

Please don’t forget you are healing.

Hugs
Narrowminded

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 25 of 40 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 32 ... 40  Next