Tomi found her way!

Page 3 of 44 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 23 ... 44  Next

Go down

Re: Tomi found her way!

Post by Narrowminded on Wed Dec 27, 2017 7:41 pm

Happy to hear the canning was a hit with the kids. So sorry about your SD. Maybe someday it will iron out.
Narrowminded

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by tomi1000 on Sat Dec 30, 2017 11:20 pm

Pedidoc wrote:Tomi not sure if things have changed with your DH from your old journal I think I remember he was fond of dairy and gluten containing things. I'm all for western medicine, but he might benefit from seeing your needle guy and trying a Paleo diet.  I was diagnosed with JRA that went away when I stopped gluten. If I get some my joints are where I notice it first. JMHO, take or discard what makes sense to you.

I have stressed the importance of changing his diet for the sake of his health - and he's onboard. He still hasn't taken the initiative to go 100% gluten and dairy free - but he's made some big changes! His RA is under control now and he's pretty much back to normal as for as strength - and his hands haven't been this small in years! He has very little pain as well. He did get an excellent rheumatologist. He's taking hydrochloroquine, a low dose of prednisone that is being lowered each week, an powerful nsaid (can remember the name right now). He's open to seeing the needleman and doing acupuncture and/or herbs is necessary. Thanks for the advice - its always appreciated.
tomi1000

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by tomi1000 on Sat Dec 30, 2017 11:22 pm

Happy New Year, Everyone!

My son and his girlfriend were visiting yesterday. The came at 6:00 and stayed till nearly 11:00. It was fun.
tomi1000

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by tomi1000 on Sat Dec 30, 2017 11:23 pm

I see my NP on the 8th and I'm so very anxious to find out what my nutritional analysis shows. I'm ready for more info and answers and a plan to get my health on the upswing.
tomi1000

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by tomi1000 on Sun Dec 31, 2017 1:49 am

I was able to download my urine analysis results today. I'm thinking we're going to get some good answers and start to understand the why's of my long standing health issues. If I'm understanding parts of it - I have a serious issue with the metabolism of proteins. I have 3 amino acids that are completely off the chart - elevated. Of the essential amino acids all but 2 are at the high or extremely high levels. Non-essential amino acids are all in the normal range. I can't wait until I can go over all of this with my NP. I've never been so excited about going to the doctors office!
tomi1000

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by marcadav on Sun Dec 31, 2017 2:14 am

Tomi, I really hope you are on the path to a breakthrough!

marcadav

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lovebird on Sun Dec 31, 2017 3:05 am

^^ Ditto.

tomi1000 wrote:Happy New Year, Everyone! 

I would have thought Annie would be the first around to enter 2018... Cool
Lovebird

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Annieh on Sun Dec 31, 2017 6:02 am

Lovebird wrote:^^ Ditto.

tomi1000 wrote:Happy New Year, Everyone! 

I would have thought Annie would be the first around to enter 2018... Cool

Here I am, 2 minutes after midnight. Happy New Year all primal friends. Grok on.
Annieh

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lovebird on Sun Dec 31, 2017 10:03 am

Happy New Year Annie.

We still have some time to spend in this year. Some more than others...
Lovebird

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by tomi1000 on Mon Jan 01, 2018 3:34 pm

2018 --- a great year for health and new found energy and new adventures! Lets do this!
tomi1000

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Narrowminded on Mon Jan 01, 2018 8:03 pm

Here, here
Narrowminded

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by tomi1000 on Tue Jan 02, 2018 2:29 pm

I am starting to really appreciate not working at the doctors office.  Its been 2.5 months now and I'm just settling in to the idea that its okay for me to be home, doing the boat shop bookkeeping, and taking care of myself.  I am so very blessed to have the freedom to do this.  I don't take it for granted because there are so many who have no choice but to push on and maintain home, job and health issues.  I so appreciate my  husband.  

I'm doing some more online research today - studying the results of my urine test.  The more I understand, the more confident I am that we can manage this problem and restore my health to a higher level.  I'm feeling good about the future for the first time in many, many years.  

As I was reading yesterday I learned that adrenal fatigue is a part of the puzzle.  I was treated for this about 5 years ago, and it got better but the signs and symptoms never completely went away.  One of the things pointing to adrenal stress for me is early morning nightmares.  It starts around 4 am and doesn't stop.  I will wake up from a bad dream at around 4 - fall asleep and repeat the process several more times.  Usually I will have 3-4 bad dreams between 4:00 and 6:30 - then I just lay there, unable to fall asleep again.  Last time I was tested for cortisol levels I was peaking between 3 and 4 am.  

I hope this week goes by fast cuz I am so ready to get started on a plan to combat this mess.
tomi1000

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Narrowminded on Tue Jan 02, 2018 9:08 pm

Tomi, that’s great news that you feel you’ll finally get things going in the right direction. Can’t wait to hear all about the plan
Narrowminded

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by tomi1000 on Tue Jan 02, 2018 11:06 pm

Narrowminded wrote:Tomi, that’s great news that you feel you’ll finally get things going in the right direction. Can’t wait to hear all about the plan

Thanks! I will let you know what I find out.
tomi1000

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Annieh on Wed Jan 03, 2018 2:22 pm

Yep, you are your own expert. All the best with your plan and for continuing health improvements. Less stress will be a good chunk of it, I imagine.
Annieh

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedidoc on Wed Jan 03, 2018 7:56 pm

So very happy that after so long you are getting close to figuring it all out.
Pedidoc

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by tomi1000 on Thu Jan 04, 2018 6:33 pm

Annieh wrote:Yep, you are your own expert.  All the best with your plan and for continuing health improvements.  Less stress will be a good chunk of it, I imagine.

Pedidoc wrote:So very happy that after so long you are getting close to figuring it all out.

Thanks for the encouragement. It has been a long hard road with mountains of dead ends and disappointments - so this is very exciting for me!
tomi1000

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by tomi1000 on Tue Jan 09, 2018 5:04 pm

I saw my NP yesterday.  She confirmed my assessment of the results - malnutrition due to poor absorption of everything.  The first line of attack is to run a 30 day course of Fluconazole to clear out any yeast overgrowth, should there be any.  I'm picking up the Rx for that later today.  At the same time I am to ramp up my B vitamins by taking a high potency multiple plus B complex 3 times a day.  I need to take high potency probiotics (50 B), high potency digestive enzymes, to include chewable papaya with every meal.  I need to take bile supporting supplements such as Beta Plus.  I need to add 1000 mg of Glycine daily.  I need to be eating/drinking fermented things, and juicing densely nutritious veggies and fruits (berries).  I also need to use Heather's Tummy Fibers and drink bone broth.  We will add antivirals later if needed, but she wants to combat this with natural things as much as possible.  

So - here we go!
tomi1000

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Narrowminded on Tue Jan 09, 2018 7:26 pm

Tomi this is exciting. My thoughts are with you as you being this new journey. Praying this is the healing you’ve been looking for for so long.
Narrowminded

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedidoc on Tue Jan 09, 2018 10:32 pm

Looking forward to hearing about your healing.
Pedidoc

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Heuristicfireflower on Wed Jan 10, 2018 2:07 am

tomi1000 wrote:2018 --- a great year for health and new found energy and new adventures!  Lets do this!

I hear that!!!

Excited for you and the health protocol you will be on. Hope improvements are soon!
Heuristicfireflower

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by tomi1000 on Wed Jan 10, 2018 11:46 pm

thank you all for the encouragement.  It helps a lot! Smile

I've got everything I need to get started except the Glycine - its on order - and the bone broth.  Need to find a source of grass fed chicken or beef bones so I can make a pot.  I have a butcher I can call, but its a bit of a drive.  

I'll start on the Fluconazole Friday night since she warned of the die off - flu-ish symptoms - that will come if there is any yeast to kill off.  

I'm eating eggs again.  I haven't for over a year now.  I love eggs!  Smile  So far no tummy aches.  

Over the next few days I should be in full swing - all guns blazing to re-claim my health and get my life back.

Last edited by tomi1000 on Thu Jan 11, 2018 3:57 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : wrong drug name)
tomi1000

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedidoc on Wed Jan 10, 2018 11:48 pm

Yes for eggs!!!
Pedidoc

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by tomi1000 on Thu Jan 11, 2018 4:04 am

I have an avatar Smile this is one of the solar light garden trellises that I built when I was doing garden shows around the state.
tomi1000

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by perennialpam on Thu Jan 11, 2018 7:13 am

Love the news and the solar trellis.
perennialpam

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content