Tomi found her way!

Page 19 of 44 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 31 ... 44  Next

Go down

Re: Tomi found her way!

Post by Pedidoc on Fri Apr 13, 2018 8:56 pm

Yes you are and I know you will continue to do so.
Pedidoc

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by katierose on Sat Apr 14, 2018 11:57 am

Hope you're feeling better today Tomi

Sent from Topic'it App

katierose

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by tomi1000 on Sun Apr 15, 2018 2:13 am

Smile I do appreciate the words of encouragement.

today has been a bit better. My chest is clearing and I'm not coughing so violently. Although I still have a few episodes where I feel very light headed afterwards. This too shall pass.............

I could not sleep last night. I was awake until 5:30! Once I finally fell asleep I slept till 11:30. Sometimes all my sleeping potions just don't work.

Today was a nice day - just kicking back with hubby. My appetite is a bit better so I did manage to eat two meals today.

I haven't been watching my calendar so I have no idea where we are in the whole30........ I'll just do that right now.............. okay - looks like Monday is the 30 days. We've done really good - hubby has been a real support and probably stronger than me! I'm not going to tell him the month is up. I think we will just keep eating this way - but more straight paleo. He's adjusted to using coconut milk and having fruit smoothies for desserts. I see no reason to ease up and let things slide back.
tomi1000

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Narrowminded on Sun Apr 15, 2018 8:24 am

Tomi great job with the past month. Definitely no need to change up the diet when you are doing well. Keep it up.

Praying the cough dissipates quickly.
Narrowminded

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedidoc on Sun Apr 15, 2018 9:34 am

I am glad you are feeling better. A gentle reminder to not forget your "homework."
Pedidoc

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by tomi1000 on Sun Apr 15, 2018 4:33 pm

I haven't forgot............ Embarassed

here we go:

1. I am a beautiful woman inside and outside.
2. I never give up!
3. I am healing.
4. I will be strong and fit again.
5. There is sunshine coming after the storm.
tomi1000

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedidoc on Sun Apr 15, 2018 8:49 pm

Good job!
Pedidoc

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by tomi1000 on Mon Apr 16, 2018 5:41 pm

RANT coming!

well - I'm a bit frustrated today. This lack of energy has gone on long enough! It has been 6 months! I'm not getting any better. I'm sleeping more than I have in my entire life - easily 10-12 hours every night. And yet, I wake up feeling drained and drag through the day, barely able to do the basics of keeping the house up. And I'm still having bowel troubles. I have no life!

I'm going to do a reboot again. Back to the very basics of my supplements and cut the Amy Meyers protein powder. I think this might be causing the bowel trouble. Np pain or bloating - just loose.

I talked with NP last night (text) and she agreed to one more month of fluconazole and then we need to meet to discuss and run some blood tests. I want her to run a full metabolic panel with A1c, Vitamin D, B-12, Thyroid and lipids.

I'm stopping the chinese herbs. I've been using them for a year now and they aren't fixing anything. If they are doing anything at all, its just masking the problem so it can't be found.

I'm angry! Why can't someone figure out what is wrong with me?

Maybe there is are not answers. Maybe what we know so far is all there is - my body is fighting to suppress the EBV, CMV and Roseola. Maybe there is no fix. Maybe this is all there is. Maybe its time I just accept that this is my life............. exhaustion and food intolerance's and bowel troubles.

tomi1000

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by tomi1000 on Mon Apr 16, 2018 5:47 pm

1. I am a beautiful woman inside and outside
2. I will not give up.
3. There is more than this.
4. I will get better.
5. I can't stop trying.
tomi1000

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by tomi1000 on Mon Apr 16, 2018 6:28 pm

needed this today:

tomi1000

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedidoc on Mon Apr 16, 2018 7:36 pm

^perfect!
Pedidoc

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Narrowminded on Tue Apr 17, 2018 9:08 am

Love the pic. I am so very sorry with your frustration. I do want to throw something out there. I know with Fibromyalgia you struggle with sleep. Maybe the fact that you are now getting 10-12 hours is a sign you are healing. Our bodies need rest to heal. For the moment I would look at the additional sleep as a positive. Part of healing.

I agree with the additional month of fluconazole and dropping nearly everything for a reboot. Sometimes we can overwhelm our bodies and then what was supposed to be good is no longer good. And the quality matters too. Not that yours are not good quality, just something to keep in mind.

Get back to a clean slate for at least a month, then reassess.

Hugs as you work through this.
Narrowminded

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by katierose on Tue Apr 17, 2018 10:12 am

Tomi, have you ever had your adrenals checked with a saliva test?

katierose

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by tomi1000 on Tue Apr 17, 2018 6:22 pm

Pedidoc wrote:^perfect!

isn't it? Smile

Narrowminded wrote:Love the pic.  I am so very sorry with your frustration.  I do want to throw something out there.  I know with Fibromyalgia you struggle with sleep. Maybe the fact that you are now getting 10-12 hours is a sign you are healing.  Our bodies need rest to heal.  For the moment I would look at the additional sleep as a positive.  Part of healing.

I agree with the additional month of fluconazole and dropping nearly everything for a reboot.  Sometimes we can overwhelm our bodies and then what was supposed to be good is no longer good.  And the quality matters too.  Not that yours are not good quality, just something to keep in mind.

Get back to a clean slate for at least a month, then reassess.

Hugs as you work through this.

I agree on the sleep - I'm allowing my body to sleep as much as it needs. Last night was on odd night - I was having leg pains (common fibro thing for me) I finally gave in at 2:30 and took 800mg ibuprofen. I slept until 7:15, talked to hubby before he left for work and then slept more from 9:30 - 2:30. This is all so very strange for me as I have always struggled to sleep soundly - and now over these past few weeks I've been sleeping like a rock. So, I am really hoping and praying that this is a sign of healing! I will give myself grace and patience to see it through.

My supplements are all very good quality. I use Pure Encapsulations brand (my NP gets them at 1/2 the price of retail and does not mark them up for her patients.)

katierose wrote:Tomi, have you ever had your adrenals checked with a saliva test?  

It has been about 10 years since my last test. And at that time my cortisol levels were out of whack. I was spiking between 3-5 am. I spent a year on supplements and was feeling better. I talked to my NP about this and she isn't too concerned - considering all else that is happening in my body right now. Her approach is very regimented - taking on one thing at a time so not to muddy the waters too much.
tomi1000

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by tomi1000 on Tue Apr 17, 2018 9:02 pm

STOPPING

Protein Powder
Chinese Herbs

CONTINUING

Multiple Vitamins
B Complex
Glycine
GABA
5-HTP
DHEA
Probiotics
Sleep Aids
Digestive Enzymes

FOOD

Continuing with strict paleo.

SLEEP

As much as my body requires

MOVEMENT

Stretching, gentle yoga, walking as weather permits

SPIRITUAL

Prayer, reading, meditation daily

EMOTIONAL

Grace and patience. Daily affirmations. Self love and kindness.
tomi1000

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by tomi1000 on Tue Apr 17, 2018 9:06 pm

2. Its okay to stumble as long as the journey continues
3. I am healing
4. Tomorrow will be a better day
5. Its okay to be right where I am today.
tomi1000

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedidoc on Wed Apr 18, 2018 8:18 am

I like your list. I also like affirmation #2. I think you need to revisit it often.
Pedidoc

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by tomi1000 on Wed Apr 18, 2018 1:47 pm

Thanks, Kathi Smile
tomi1000

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Narrowminded on Wed Apr 18, 2018 6:39 pm

It does sound like healing with the sleep. It’s been a very long time since you have slept so well.

Love your lists as well. Good going!
Narrowminded

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by tomi1000 on Thu Apr 19, 2018 11:28 am

Not quite so much sleep last night, but I did sleep soundly. Out by midnight - awake once to potty - woke up when hubby got up at 5:30. Couldn't go back to sleep. Up and showered. Thats sapped my energies. Having my morning juice. I think the long, hard sleep was due to the mucinex. I may need a nap today.

It is a bright sunny day and I long to be outside sprucing up my yard......... but that will have to wait for another day. The yard guys are due for a mowing, and hopefully will take care of some the weediness that has emerged with the warmer temps.

I need to run some laundry today. I also need to get to the bank for a business deposit. Not sure I'm up to driving today. Maybe after a nap. Hubby will stop at the store after work and pick up our prescriptions.

I still have no appetite. I have been eating very little for the past 2 weeks.

I like the affirmations that I wrote yesterday - and so will repeat the same today.

2. Its okay to stumble as long as the journey continues
3. I am healing
4. Tomorrow will be a better day
5. Its okay to be right where I am today.
tomi1000

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by marcadav on Thu Apr 19, 2018 11:48 am

Tomi, I understand the lack of hunger. That being said, I think it might be a reason for your lack of energy. If you (general) are not adequately and consistently feeding your body how can it be expected to get/be health and have the energy to do all the things required of it.

I think you are programmed to eat very little after years of thinking you have a slow metabolism and must eat very little to avoid fat gain. I also think that programing needs to be changed through concerted and prolonged effort.

Finally, you seemed to have more energy when you were eating more on a consistent basis before you got sick.

marcadav

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by tomi1000 on Thu Apr 19, 2018 1:10 pm

Yes, I did have more energy. This chest cold took a lot out of me. Isn't it normal to eat less when your sick cuz your body is putting its energies into fighting off the illness - and less into digestion? I've also been very still and quiet during this illness - so not needing the calories. I am trying to eat more, but I get full very quickly, and mostly the thought of food just sounds horrible.
tomi1000

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by tomi1000 on Thu Apr 19, 2018 1:48 pm

Do I get points for making bacon today? I ran out while I was sick.
tomi1000

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by marcadav on Thu Apr 19, 2018 1:57 pm

Depends. Did you eat the bacon or just make it? Laughing

marcadav

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by tomi1000 on Thu Apr 19, 2018 2:04 pm

you can't be serious........... Wink if bacon is cooked - I most certainly eat it! Smile
tomi1000

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 19 of 44 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 31 ... 44  Next