Tomi found her way!

Page 18 of 44 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 31 ... 44  Next

Go down

Re: Tomi found her way!

Post by Pedidoc on Fri Apr 06, 2018 5:31 pm

tomi1000 wrote:Am I supposed to mean it?  Or is the point of saying it - to get me to believe it?  Cuz if thats the case then this just became much easier!  Smile  

The point is saying it enough so that you believe it - just like school.... Very Happy
Pedidoc

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by tomi1000 on Fri Apr 06, 2018 7:57 pm

Pedidoc wrote:
tomi1000 wrote:Am I supposed to mean it?  Or is the point of saying it - to get me to believe it?  Cuz if thats the case then this just became much easier!  Smile  

The point is saying it enough so that you believe it - just like school.... Very Happy

gotcha Wink
tomi1000

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by tomi1000 on Fri Apr 06, 2018 8:02 pm

Today's affirmations:

1.  I am a beautiful woman inside and outside!  Wink
2.  I will never give up.
3.  I will be healthy and strong again.
4.  I am worthy of the life I want
5.  I am a good wife, mother, sister, daughter, and friend.
tomi1000

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by tomi1000 on Fri Apr 06, 2018 8:05 pm

I'm watching Winnie the Poo on Netflix................. Rolling Eyes
tomi1000

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedidoc on Fri Apr 06, 2018 8:23 pm

tomi1000 wrote:I'm watching Winnie the Poo on Netflix................. Rolling Eyes

Fun!
Pedidoc

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by tomi1000 on Sat Apr 07, 2018 8:49 pm

April 7 - It's my son's birthday. He's not doing so great, depression. Sad He's not answering my texts with more than just a word or 2. I don't really know what to do. He says he doesn't want to "deal with people".

It's been a good day. Energy is pretty good and brain is clear. We did some much needed spring cleaning and a little bit of yard work - WEEDS!!! GRRR!

Food has been good - almost all primal, but not quite whole30. Hubby says he wants to stay clean, but relax from whole30 on the weekends. So, rice has been happening, and butter.

Today's affirmations:

1. I am a beautiful woman inside and outside!
2. I will regain my health and get my life back.
3. I will never give up my goal to be well again.
4. I really do love eating healthy food.
5. Healthy food will help heal my body.

It's supposed to be storming, but so far all we're seeing is heavy rain. They said high winds, but things are pretty calm out there.

Going to hunker in and watch movies tonight. Smile
tomi1000

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedidoc on Sat Apr 07, 2018 10:19 pm

Good job on the affirmations, Tomi.

I understand how your son feels - I need time alone to process and not deal with people. Hopefully, that is what he meant.

Instead of butter, can you use ghee? Track DH RA symptoms after rice, if he does not seem to have issues, then I say a small amount is okay.
Pedidoc

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Narrowminded on Sun Apr 08, 2018 10:07 am

Tomi great job with your affirmations!

Kathi has a great idea about the ghee. And even if DH has some rice, you could avoid it.

I think you’re doing great!
Narrowminded

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by perennialpam on Sun Apr 08, 2018 11:47 am

^^Listen to those 2 above.^^

Great job on your affirmations. Hope you actually say them to yourself.

Glad your DH is trying....
perennialpam

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by tomi1000 on Sun Apr 08, 2018 2:05 pm

Pedidoc wrote:Good job on the affirmations, Tomi.

I understand how your son feels - I need time alone to process and not deal with people.  Hopefully, that is what he meant.

Instead of butter, can you use ghee?  Track DH RA symptoms after rice, if he does not seem to have issues, then I say a small amount is okay.

Narrowminded wrote:Tomi great job with your affirmations!

Kathi has a great idea about the ghee.  And even if DH has some rice, you could avoid it.  

I think you’re doing great!

perennialpam wrote:^^Listen to those 2 above.^^  

Great job on your affirmations.  Hope you actually say them to yourself.  

Glad your DH is trying....  

Well - we use very little butter but I get what your saying. I need to make ghee. I cook with olive oil almost exclusively.

I don't think rice effects him, but its hard to know if he is having inflammation from a food source or from his hard work. Some days he comes home from work and I see the swelling in his hands from a lot of hard griping and wrenching. Now that we are heading into the busy season it will be worse. His doc told him to take more Prednisone on the days when he is having more swelling. He is currently taking 2-3 mgs per day. And yes, I could avoid it also.

I am saying the affirmations. I was doing just that this morning as I was drying off after taking a shower Smile

It is wonderful that hubby is trying and he is really doing well.

Right now we are both suffering with chest colds. I really hope it doesn't develop into bronchitis. Last night I could hear myself wheezing as the last bit of air was being expelled with each breath.

Today is going to be a quiet day. After all the cleaning and little bit of yard work yesterday I need to just lay low. Hubby is running a couple errands right now and then it will be jammies and movies for the day! Smile We took out chicken for dinner and have left over roasted veggies from last night.

Today's Affirmations:

1. I am a beautiful woman inside and outside!!
2. My body is strong!
3. My metabolism is NOT broken and my body will release this fat when its healthy!
4. I am taking the time I need to heal and I love myself for doing it!
5. I am an even better wife, mother, sister, daughter and friend because I am going through this hard journey!
tomi1000

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by tomi1000 on Sun Apr 08, 2018 2:09 pm

Marcadav --- if you haven't tried the new Gyro Stop across the street from Bi-Mart --- I highly recommend it. The plates are almost primal. If you eat hummus then totally primal (as long as you pass on the pita bread). The chicken thigh dinner plate is wonderful!
tomi1000

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by marcadav on Sun Apr 08, 2018 2:56 pm

Thanks Tomi. My sister was just telling me about how good the food was at Gyro Stop.

I rarely eat out. I do have a monthly lunch date with a cousin and sister. One of us will probably pick that place soon.

marcadav

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedidoc on Sun Apr 08, 2018 5:03 pm

Hope movie time is everything you want it to be.
Pedidoc

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by tomi1000 on Tue Apr 10, 2018 2:14 am

Today a man very dear to me passed away. He hasn't been a part of my life for many years, but he never left my heart. He was the dad of a man (boy) I dated in high school. I was a part of that family for many years - even after I married my first husband. Growing up fatherless, this man became a surrogate dad in a sense. He even cautioned me not to marry my first husband, he told me he couldn't give his blessing on the marriage. That was always painful for me - even so, he and the entire family attended my wedding. I tried to stay close to the family over the years, but the guy that I had dated has a big alcohol problem, and being around him caused issues. So, I kept my distance. Now, my dear father figure is gone from this world. He discovered last week he had pulmonary fibrosis. He was terminal. My good friend and "sister" in the family, and her husband have been keeping me informed about his condition. And today, his battle ended. He is home now. I will hear soon when and where the service will be held. I need to be there. My heart hurts so deeply - and yet, I have no tears. I am thankful he is out of pain and at peace now. I will see him again, and when I do, there will be no boundaries that this life has placed between us.

My affirmations will need to be put on hold today - I can't even begin to go there.
tomi1000

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rig D on Tue Apr 10, 2018 6:24 am

I empathize with your loss. Losing a person who is dear and very significant in your life is always tough to get through. Don't hide your grief, and make every effort to attend the service. My Dad always said that the final services were a key part of the healing process.
Rig D

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Narrowminded on Tue Apr 10, 2018 9:23 am

Tomi I am so very sorry for your loss. Praying for peace and comfort for you as you work through this situation. Knowing you’ll see him again is a great comfort. Hugs
Narrowminded

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedidoc on Tue Apr 10, 2018 10:38 am

Tomi, I am sorry for your loss. I know there are no real words of comfort to ease your grief. Take out the memories you have of him and enjoy the good ones again.
Pedidoc

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by katierose on Tue Apr 10, 2018 10:40 am

So sorry for your loss Tomi

katierose

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by tomi1000 on Tue Apr 10, 2018 11:51 pm

Thank you all for the kind words.

Gosh - this chest cold is moving in to my sinuses and it is severely kicking my butt. I sent a text to my NP and she said if I'm not better tomorrow to call and she can see me on the Thursday. I have been coughing a lot! The good thing is the sputum is white - so, so far nothing bad to worry about. I'm taking Mucenix and it is helping a lot. It really knocks me out though. Yesterday I didn't even get out of bed until 2:30. NP told me when we were first getting a handle on my health issues that I need to be very careful about getting sick because my immune system is already working overtime. I expect it will take a few weeks to completely clear this out of my system.

Today's Affirmations:

1. My body is strong and capable of fighting off these viral invasions.
2. I am so very blessed to have a patient and kind husband.
3. Its okay for me to lay low and allow my body to heal.
4. A healthy body is possible for me.
5. I am a beautiful woman inside and outside.

Food today - ground turkey, bacon, chicken veggie soup.

Not much - but I'm not needing much right now.
tomi1000

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Narrowminded on Wed Apr 11, 2018 7:08 am

Take time to heal. Maybe this cold is a way of forcing you to be patient and take time.

Great affirmations!
Narrowminded

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedidoc on Wed Apr 11, 2018 8:50 am

Rest, push fluids, rest
Pedidoc

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by tomi1000 on Wed Apr 11, 2018 4:15 pm

Smile thanks Smile Yes, I'm resting a lot! was in bed for 14 hours, sleeping almost the entire time. I woke up to potty a few times and took more decongestant when it was time. I'm out of mucenix so I'm using Nyquil night time. I just took a dose so I'm sure I'll be sleeping again in about 30 minutes. I got out of bed cuz my lower back was aching, and I think I pulled a muscle in my back along my ribs. It is very tender! I don't think I'm going to see the NP, I'm not showing any signs of serious illness. No fever to speak of, just a very low grade so far. Hubby went to another room to sleep around 3 am cuz I was snoring Sad

Still haven't heard when the service will be. My sister sent me a message this morning with a link to a facebook post saying the town he lives in is lowering its flags to 1/2 mast in honor of his passing. Wow. He was a good man. He bowled since he was a young adult, and was basically a pretty big deal in the amateur leagues. He also played guitar and sang in a small group that would entertain the local retirement centers and play at local events. I loved him dearly.

I don't expect to be well enough to attend his memorial. Facts are facts. Even on my good days it would be a stretch to think I could push myself to attend, and then deal with the emotional side of things as well. It is what it is. Personally I've never found memorials to be of much comfort, I need solitude and reflection to grieve and heal. I am glad I sent them a letter about a year ago, I told them both how much I loved them and what they had meant to me.

Okay............. I'm fading. I drank a warm cup of protein powder with my herbs and fiber to stave off any hunger. So I should be good to go and will sleep a long while.
tomi1000

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by tomi1000 on Fri Apr 13, 2018 5:20 pm

I slept 12 hours again. The chest/head cold is clearing - but the chest part seems to be pretty far down now. I'm taking Mucinex to help loosen things up so it will move when I cough.

I'm considering doing another month on the fluconazole. I don't want to stop to soon and have the candida take hold again. Need to ask NP about this.

I haven't eaten much all week. My appetite is non-existent, and I have no hunger signals at all. I'm guessing my totally daily calories has been somewhere around 500 -800. I don't see any visible signs of weight loss. Energy is still very low, but I shouldn't expect anything else since my body has been fighting off this respiratory thing for the past week.

Affirmations:

1. I am a beautiful woman inside and outside
2. My body will heal and find its strength again
3. This too shall pass
4. What doesn't kill you makes you stronger!
5. I can do this.

Feeling a bit defeated today.
tomi1000

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Narrowminded on Fri Apr 13, 2018 5:23 pm

Hang in there Tomi. Again please don’t think about your weight until your healed. I know it’s tempting due to eating very little.

Praying the cold leave quickly.
Narrowminded

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by tomi1000 on Fri Apr 13, 2018 7:39 pm

I'm trying.
tomi1000

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content