Tomi found her way!

Page 2 of 20 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11 ... 20  Next

Go down

Re: Tomi found her way!

Post by tomi1000 on Tue Dec 19, 2017 4:04 pm

the buggy is a 1956 VW chassis with the body being a kit project. The motor has been replaced a number of times - I think we've finally got a good one. We have a lot of fun with it!

Here's the link to the candied jalapeno's recipe. https://oldworldgardenfarms.com/2013/08/23/candied-jalapeno-recipe-a-great-use-for-all-of-those-jalapenos/

To make it easier - we buy already sliced jalapeno's in a gallon can.

The party was fun last night. We had prime rib - thats the first time I've eaten beef in about 6 months. Then a white elephant gift exchange.
tomi1000

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by perennialpam on Tue Dec 19, 2017 4:31 pm

That stuff is sooooo good.  My friend makes it and gives out as a present.  Yes, I've been an appreciative recipient once.  

Yum.  

The only problem is it has sugar and usually goes on a cracker.  Sad Any other ways to use it?
perennialpam

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by tomi1000 on Wed Dec 20, 2017 2:26 pm

Yes - tons of sugar. Hubby uses it for lots of things. One being simply eating them straight from the jar. He puts them on sandwiches (paleo bread).

I'm feeling a bit lazy today. I've learned that when I feel this way its best to go with it and let my body relax.

Since I've been off the einkorn baked goods I'm seeing a drop on the scale. Smile
tomi1000

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Narrowminded on Wed Dec 20, 2017 9:32 pm

Tomi, thanks for posting the link to the peppers. They sound delish. Yes lots of sugar, have to work that one out. I’d probably be like your DH and eat from the jar.

Hope you had a relaxing day
Narrowminded

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by tomi1000 on Thu Dec 21, 2017 2:38 am

Thanks, I did have a relaxing day. I cleaned up my sewing room so I can use it again Smile I'm finally getting to redecorate youngest SDs old bedroom. She hasn't lived here in 5 years, but she just moved all her stuff out a few months ago. I've painted, put up new lighting and curtains, got new bedding and I love they way it turned out. Its very cozy.
tomi1000

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by tomi1000 on Thu Dec 21, 2017 2:42 am

My NP texted this afternoon and said she has the results of my urine screen, but she needs to have a phone meeting with the lab to go over all the results so she is clear on everything - that won't happen until Jan. 5 -- so I have an appointment on the 8th. Smile Time to start figuring out how to manage the issues and get me feeling better! YEAH!
tomi1000

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Heuristicfireflower on Thu Dec 21, 2017 4:07 am

Awesome on the new health/nutrition plan to progress to next level. Nice job on the the room deco. I'm sure your SD will appreciate it.
Heuristicfireflower

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by tomi1000 on Thu Dec 21, 2017 3:20 pm

Well, I'm not so sure about her appreciation, but I like it and thats all that matters at this point. Today I need to finish the valances and then the room will be complete. Ready for guests! Youngest SD has matured and moved on with her life - oldest SD is a different story. She pitched a fit after she moved out and I redecorated and repurposed her old room. And I'm not saying - at 18 she pitched a fit - she was 27 years old. Freaking out because we had "totally changed" things. Sorry - but you don't live here anymore. Time to grow up. She's 28, going on 15.

Hubby has officially gotten the diagnosis of Rheumatoid Arthritis. Sad The initial tests were inconclusive, although he has all the clinical signs and symptoms. He's on meds and is controlled for now.

My weight has dropped a little since going off the einkorn flour. So I'm pretty sure it is causing inflammation.

tomi1000

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Narrowminded on Thu Dec 21, 2017 11:29 pm

Yes 27 is too old to complain about a room you no longer occupy

Good job on the redeco efforts. I’m sure it looks amazing.

So sorry about DH’s dx, at least now you know exactly what you’re dealing with and can work toward helping as much as possible.

Good news on your own health front with the NP. And on figuring out the eikhorn isn’t agreeing with you. Hopefully staying away from it will be huge.

Narrowminded

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by perennialpam on Fri Dec 22, 2017 8:43 am

Is this the daughter you have had trouble with before? Seems to me she was disrespectful to you?

Shame on her....she needs to grow up. Of course, you know that.

Sorry about the arthritis diagnosis.

I looked up eikhorn flour out of curiosity. Was there a reason for using it other than it is organic?
perennialpam

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by tomi1000 on Fri Dec 22, 2017 2:05 pm

Yes - same SD that has caused me grief for 17 years!  It began before we even got married when soon to be hubby and I decided we needed a bigger truck with the family going from his 3 to our 5.  The truck he had was an extended cab - and wasn't big enough for all 3 kids to sit in the back.  When we told them we were going shopping for a king cab you would have thought we were telling them we were moving to China.  Oldest SD at age 11 looked her father straight in the eye and declared we would NOT be selling the truck!  She lost that battle - but it never stopped her from trying to win the war over who had control in the family.  The last blow up was last year when she accused me of murdering the 2 cats and dog that they had before we were married.  She said I killed them all.  The cats were killed my coyotes and the dog had cancer...........  But I guess it made more sense to her to believe that I poisoned them all.  I don't understand it - I've been nothing but loving to her and still she hates me.  I've reached the "I don't give a damn" place now.  I've told hubby I'm done trying.  

The einkorn flour is ancient wheat - un-hybridized.  It has a much lower gluten count.  Most people who are sensitive to gluten can eat it with little or no troubles, but it is still not safe for celiacs.  It tastes better and has a beautiful golden color.  I will continue to use it when the need arises for something made with wheat flour.  I can't use any of the wheat substitutions due to my digestive issues.  I bought the cook book from the Jovial Foods company.
tomi1000

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by tomi1000 on Fri Dec 22, 2017 2:48 pm

Speaking of needing wheat flour - I've been asked to bring my snickerdoodles to the family gathering tomorrow - so bake I must.  I also need to put together my smoked salmon dip.  And after hubby gets home we need to make a chicken curry - or it could wait until the morning since we aren't gathering until noonish.  

I slept poorly last night and my energy level is pretty low so I'm letting hubby do the shopping when he closes up the shop tonight.  I didn't ask him to - but he took the shopping list with him just in case I wasn't up to going out.  He's such a good man.  He works a full day and still doesn't mind stopping to do the shopping on his way home.  How did I ever get so fortunate?  Ex husband wouldn't lift a finger for me.  He went to work and I was in charge of the home - stem to stern.  I did all the cooking, cleaning, shopping and yard work.  So - I am thoroughly enjoying life with this man!  Not to mention he's my best friend and soul mate from childhood.  Smile  

I'm waiting for a webinar to start with Dr. Axe on healing leaky gut and improving thyroid health.  It might very well be a seminar on "buy my products" but I thought I would give it a listen and if its just a sales pitch then I will exit out.  I think it starts in about 20 minutes.  

For those of you who remember my MIL passed in April of 2016 ............ I'm sorry to say that the sons still have not closed out her estate.  Two of the 3 homes have been sold to family members - the 3rd home that she and dad lived in is finally cleaned out and is ready to fix up enough to sell.  It is nothing fancy and will likely be sold to someone who will use it as a rental property.  My hubby and his brothers spent 3 weekends clearing out junk from dads shop.  Just junk.  They hauled 16,000 pounds to the landfill.  They recycled what they could, and donated what was reusable.  So we are still waiting to get this all settled and behind us.  They still have a rusted out heap of car parts that belong to a 1920's era Model T that dad was going to restore 40+ years ago that needs to be moved out.  BIL wants it.
tomi1000

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Annieh on Fri Dec 22, 2017 3:25 pm

Nice to have a room of your own to decorate for your own purposes. I am looking forward to that Smile

Sorry about the health issues for you and dh.
Annieh

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by perennialpam on Sat Dec 23, 2017 5:12 am

One house was enough for me. I should start on my own soon. I keep saying that..
perennialpam

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Heuristicfireflower on Sat Dec 23, 2017 9:15 pm

tomi1000 wrote:He's such a good man.  He works a full day and still doesn't mind stopping to do the shopping on his way home.  How did I ever get so fortunate?  Ex husband wouldn't lift a finger for me.  He went to work and I was in charge of the home - stem to stern.  I did all the cooking, cleaning, shopping and yard work.  So - I am thoroughly enjoying life with this man!  Not to mention he's my best friend and soul mate from childhood.  Smile  
That's wonderful.
Heuristicfireflower

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The Walrus on Sun Dec 24, 2017 5:55 pm

Merry Christmas, tomi!
The Walrus

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by tomi1000 on Sun Dec 24, 2017 8:30 pm

Merry Christmas, All!

Here's a pic of all our canning this year. 124 quarts and 56 pints.

tomi1000

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedidoc on Sun Dec 24, 2017 11:32 pm

tomi1000 wrote:Merry Christmas, All!

Here's a pic of all our canning this year.  124 quarts and 56 pints.  

WOW!!blow my mind.
Pedidoc

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Heuristicfireflower on Mon Dec 25, 2017 2:34 am

Wow, that is an impressive feat! Happy holidays!
Heuristicfireflower

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Annieh on Mon Dec 25, 2017 4:05 am

That's amazing!!!
Annieh

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Narrowminded on Mon Dec 25, 2017 3:17 pm

Awesome! I’m jealous. Can’t wait to do that again someday.

Merry Christmas
Narrowminded

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Greensprout on Mon Dec 25, 2017 6:14 pm

Am very impressed with your canning accomplishments. Especially given dealing with your health issues, but you seem to be on a good path to finding balance.

Merry Christmas to you and DH.
Greensprout

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by tomi1000 on Wed Dec 27, 2017 1:50 pm

Yes, the canning was a big hit. The kids love it - and we put our hearts into every jar. We are feeding our kids - what more basic love-gift can you offer a child?

The Christmas gatherings with the kids went well. Hubby and I had some discussions after the first gathering as oldest SD was in her worst form. However, the next day she was absolutely the total opposite. Hubby and I are not sure what to think...... its like Jeckle and Hyde with her. Hubby suggested a bi-polar thing - but her ugliness is only directed at me, so that doesn't fit. The first night she wouldn't even look at me, even though I was seated right across the table from her - the next morning we were all laughing and having a great time and she acted like I was her closest friend. It is all very weird.

I've been wanting to learn to the play the ukulele - and hubby gave me one for Christmas. Its a very basic, inexpensive one - but for learning, its just fine. I've been following youtube tutorials on strumming and chords. I hope to get good enough to play in front of people.

We're doggy-sitting our friends gentle giant. He's 13 years old, and some type of St. Bernardish/mountain dog mix. He was found as a puppy out in the woods - so no one knows what he is. But he's a sweetie and we love him. Whenever our friends go out of town we get to have him. He can be a bit ornery - and they have really spoiled him! But, he's old, and sleeps most of the time, so he's no trouble.
tomi1000

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by tomi1000 on Wed Dec 27, 2017 2:01 pm

For those of you how remember my hair cut due to the shoulder surgery in March of 2014 - here is a pic of my hair after a 2 year grow out.

tomi1000

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedidoc on Wed Dec 27, 2017 2:31 pm

Tomi not sure if things have changed with your DH from your old journal I think I remember he was fond of dairy and gluten containing things. I'm all for western medicine, but he might benefit from seeing your needle guy and trying a Paleo diet. I was diagnosed with JRA that went away when I stopped gluten. If I get some my joints are where I notice it first. JMHO, take or discard what makes sense to you.
Pedidoc

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 20 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11 ... 20  Next