Tomi found her way!

Page 7 of 27 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 17 ... 27  Next

Go down

Re: Tomi found her way!

Post by perennialpam on Wed Jan 31, 2018 4:24 am

I peeked out the window and could not see a moon. I heard last night it is a Blue, Blood and we should be able to see the earth's shadow go across it.

Then I looked at my weather forecast site and the moon will not be coming up until 6:12 p.m. So I gather I should be looking for the moon set vs. moon rise. In that case I will not be able to see it from where I am.

Hope you enjoy it Tomi.

P.S. when you spoke about buying the book I was going to say that Lovebird would tell you where to go as I did not have the info on hand....and lo and behold, who posted the location of Body Beliefs. Hi LB!

perennialpam

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedidoc on Wed Jan 31, 2018 8:07 am

I use avocado oil almost exclusively. Maybe get a small bottle and see if you like it?
Pedidoc

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by tomi1000 on Wed Jan 31, 2018 6:00 pm

Well - sadly we were all clouded over last night and couldn't see the moon. So, no romantic science happening in my backyard last night Sad

Okay - day 14! A full 2 weeks in and I'm still doing fine.

I'll add avocado oil to my list - super bowl shopping must be done tomorrow.

I emailed the link from Jason to my 3 sisters - they all struggle with weight issues and body image.

tomi1000

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Narrowminded on Wed Jan 31, 2018 7:01 pm

To I, yes I have used avacado oil to make Mayo, works great. Lots of times I use a blend of AO and Olive O. I’ve even added bacon fat in a small quantity too. Evoo is not recommended though, it should be a light OO

SOS rey you could see the moon. Didn’t even realize it was last night, so I have no clue.

Narrowminded

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by tomi1000 on Thu Feb 01, 2018 2:08 am

I'll try to pick up the right oils tomorrow. I had been using EVOO in the past - perhaps that is why the taste was not appealing? and the mayo was very thick and heavy.

Getting my long shopping list ready and organized for tomorrow. I'm not a fan of grocery shopping and the shorter my time in the store - the happier I am. When I have to do shopping for big stuff like this, I type out the list and organize it so I'm not back tracking or running all over the place. I start in produce, then meats, then dairy and then I hit the inner rows. I'm getting very efficient! I need to find large prawns and a good cut of beef that will give me tender and juicy bites on the kabobs.

I've been watching a series on Netflix that I am very much enjoying. Its called, "Call the Midwife". Its really good. Smile

I'm starting to see very slight improvements in my overall well being. My brain is a bit clearer, my energy level is a slight bit higher, and my mood is better. Smile I am not expecting things to improve quickly - my hope is that by this time next year I will be much better and more able to have a fully life. And with any luck - maybe I will see a smaller frame in the mirror.

tomi1000

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Annieh on Thu Feb 01, 2018 2:20 am

My friend is a nurse, and she loves Call the Midwife too. I did watch an episode with her once.
Annieh

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by perennialpam on Thu Feb 01, 2018 10:39 am

I missed the moon's show due to clouds also. Was bummed out. I did see it this morning, though, and it was truly beautiful.

Glad things are coming together for you.
perennialpam

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Narrowminded on Thu Feb 01, 2018 6:30 pm

Tomi that is awesome news.

Yes, it probably was the evoo turning you off. If you use the light of it has no tastes to impart to the mayo.

I love hearing about your progress.
Narrowminded

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by tomi1000 on Fri Feb 02, 2018 6:35 pm

Well -- yesterday was spent tied to my desk, paying bills for home and business and organizing the tax packet to go to the accountant. So shopping was put off till today. I went the bank and then to the TCM guy to pick up my herbs. Then to the grocery store. I was doing okay, a bit tired, but I didn't quite get finished with my list when I felt the drain plug go and I started to feel very tired and my body felt so heavy! I started getting fuzzy brained and very hot --- I knew my energy stores were depleted and I needed to stop - so with only about 10 things left on my list - I got through check out and came home. I got every thing put away and now I'm on the sofa, feet up and very much wanting to take a nap. I think I will ask hubby to get the rest in the morning.

I seem to be in a pattern of good day/bad day. I'm sleeping about 7-8 hours, but its broken sleep and I don't fall asleep until very late. Usually 2:00 am. I do best if I can sleep a good 10 hours. But that rarely happens. I'm going to climb back into my bed and see if I can sleep some more.

tomi1000

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by tomi1000 on Fri Feb 02, 2018 6:44 pm

I want to apologize for not visiting your journals more - I read, but comment rarely. Sometimes just writing in my own takes all the energy I've got. And when I do have energy - I don't want to be sitting idle when there are so many tasks waiting to be done. But I really enjoy reading your comments and the encouragement is a big help.
tomi1000

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Narrowminded on Fri Feb 02, 2018 10:56 pm

Tomi, no apologies needed, your health and recovery are the most important things.

I’m happy to hear you were able to get out and get done what you did, that was awesome.

Do you think the WholeTones are helping overall. It’s tough with broken sleep. Sometimes I find that worse than just getting say 4 hours.

Hope you get better sleep tonight.
Narrowminded

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Annieh on Sat Feb 03, 2018 1:23 am

Tomi, I agree with NM. These journals can become time consuming, but as you say it is also encouraging to know others have their challenges too.
Annieh

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by tomi1000 on Sat Feb 03, 2018 4:14 am

Thank you both for the understanding. It is sad, but yes, misery loves company Sad If only to know that others truly do understand the struggle of it all. I know we all come from different places, with different challenges - but the struggle to get through each day usually holds the same emotions and weariness. And there is the feeling of utter hopelessness at times. For me that is the worst. On those days, or during those hours, when I feel better health will not come, I come here to find encouragement and like mindedness. I find it hard to talk to anyone about what I'm going through and how I'm feeling throughout my day. People like to hear the good parts, but they don't know what to say when I feeling totally drained of energy and wondering if I'm just slowly dying. They give the cliche's....... hang in there...... you'll get through it....... I'm so sorry. That sort of thing. It would be nice if they would just ask - what are you really feeling? I would like to have someone want to really understand. Hubby is wonderful now that he knows there is something medically wrong, he's very helpful and very sympathetic when I struggle to just make it through the day. But he doesn't really get it. He doesn't know that many times I feel so weak and so weary of the struggle to regain my health that I've prayed to God to just take me home. There are those days when I feel the life is just slowly draining out of me. But then, I have a good day and I find hope again. If it weren't for those good days I would fall into a very bad place and I'm not sure I could find my way out.

OKAY ..... I'm here to confess that I fell off the straight and narrow today. Being very tired and having too many temptations in the house did me in. A few handfuls of peanut m&ms and a slice of corn bread with butter and honey. I did ask my NP if I could take a day off (super bowl party) and she said it would be okay as long I didn't have too many carbs and that I should take a full dose of fluconazole for a few days. So, I don't feel too bad about it. I'll get back too it on Monday - I promise!!
tomi1000

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Annieh on Sat Feb 03, 2018 4:29 am

That is not a major departure. You will be straight back to it tomorrow.
Annieh

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Heuristicfireflower on Sat Feb 03, 2018 5:38 am

Hope is the basis for every effort. Those small windows are just tastes of things to come. There is always a rough battle before the war is won. You will do this.
Heuristicfireflower

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Narrowminded on Sat Feb 03, 2018 5:56 pm

Tomi I totally understand you falling off the wagon a bit. It’s ok, we are human. Here take my hand and I’ll pull you back on.

I also totally get about people not really wanting to know how you are. They don’t really want to know how things are with DH either. And like you, I can’t really know what you are going through anymore than you can me. But we can still support one another.

I woke with my FL friend today and told her of the progress you are seeing with the Cándida diet. She hasn’t tried that, but at this point feels best on AIP. I love being able t share your progress with her. I know how she struggles as well.

The light at the end of your tunnel is getting bigger, you are getting closer. I believe you can make it to the end.
Narrowminded

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedidoc on Sat Feb 03, 2018 7:16 pm

Reading, supporting with prayer, just busy.
Pedidoc

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by tomi1000 on Mon Feb 05, 2018 1:30 pm

Such wonderful, kind and supportive messages. Thank you.

The weekend was a flurry of cooking and preparing. All went well. I rested when I was feeling like I needed to step away and sit a bit. The party was a lot of fun, great game, really great commercials, great company and good food. I strayed, but not too far. I am, however, paying for it today. The bathroom troubles started at 5:00 am and haven't stopped yet.

My plans for the day include sitting on the sofa, snoozing if I need to, and getting up only when necessary.
tomi1000

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Narrowminded on Mon Feb 05, 2018 5:53 pm

I hope you were able to rest as planned today. I’m glad you had a good party for the game. Yes, it was good. And the commercials were much better this year than last.
Narrowminded

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Pebbles67 on Tue Feb 06, 2018 2:29 pm

Good Job, Tomi!

Small slips are no big deal, just get right back to it. I'm so glad you are seeing improvement
Pebbles67

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by tomi1000 on Tue Feb 06, 2018 5:21 pm

yes - I'm back at it! I really didn't do too terribly. But my tummy seemed to feel differently about it and let me know! Yesterday I was back on the Candida diet 100% and we have no distractions anytime soon. I'm taking the full dose of fluconazole again. Maybe in a couple months things will improve.

I slept really well last night! Asleep around midnight and I slept until 10:30. A couple very long stretches!

Spring isn't too far away now! I need to see flowers and sunshine Smile
tomi1000

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Narrowminded on Tue Feb 06, 2018 6:40 pm

Awesome sleep. That’s fantastic!
Narrowminded

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by tomi1000 on Wed Feb 07, 2018 2:10 pm

Sleep last night was not as good. Took over an hour to fall asleep and then I woke up numerous times during the night to pee and/or to get in a more comfortable position. I also had a few unsettling dreams. I must have a very strong fear of being robbed as I often dream of having our home or vehicles broken into. And I'm always powerless to do anything about it, so calling for police, or even trying to wake hubby to tell him never works. I have those silent screams dreams - you try to scream but nothing but air comes out. And if I'm trying to call the police they never answer the phone. Why is it I am never able to call for help in my dreams? Do others experience this also? I wake with such an utter feeling of helplessness and victimization. I was abused as a very young child - my sister and I both were. I wonder if I have a deep seated knowledge that even if you call for help - no one will come. I don't remember very much about what happened. I have some memory of it, but am too scared to explore it further. Maybe I need to.

So - today is a down day on the energy scale. I hate these days. My mood seems to follow my physical energy levels so, tired body equals tired spirit. But, this will pass. Tomorrow will be a better day.
tomi1000

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Narrowminded on Wed Feb 07, 2018 6:06 pm

Tomi, Mae needs trying to explore what you’ve pushed below the surface. Who know, could be the missing link in your healing, but do find a good person to work with. Hugs
Narrowminded

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by tomi1000 on Wed Feb 07, 2018 8:40 pm

thank you - I will take it into consideration.
tomi1000

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 27 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 17 ... 27  Next