Tomi found her way!

Page 6 of 40 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 23 ... 40  Next

Go down

Re: Tomi found her way!

Post by tomi1000 on Sat Jan 27, 2018 2:04 pm

Kathi - yes, I agree with your thought on the sugar/yeast feeding.  I did eat a lot of bad food as a child and I've probably had a yeasty gut most of my life.  I've been "sickly" as far back as I can remember.  My hope is that this diet and the Fluconazole (now at 50mg dose daily, increasing to 100 mg in 3 weeks) will clear out the candida and I will feel a real difference in my health.  Smile  Fingers crossed!

My best friend (Korea) moved home last year Smile  They live about an hour away now.  Her parents are on the other side of town so we try to get together when she comes up to see them.  

I like the analogy between "bad" food and other poisonous type substances.  I'm feeling very strong - the cravings come, but I ignore them.  I've broken my desire to alcohol and I can't tell you how good that feels!  As you know, it was my medicine of choice for fibro pain and sleepless nights.  I have worked hard for the past year to change this bad habit.  I was doing some reading on how the body metabolizes and clears the alcohol.  Knowing that the acetaldehyde must be cleared by molybdenum, and that I am low on that particular trace element, made it easy for me to reject putting that in my system.  Saying that alcohol is a poison takes on a new meaning when you understand the physiology of it all.   Its kinda like knowingly spraying my favorite flowers with round up.  Really dumb when you think about it that way.

My weight hasn't changed for a few days.  No worries though.  My long range goal is to reach a healthy weight - and if comes as I am healing then I will consider it a blessing - but I'm okay with staying where I am for now because maybe my body needs to hold the status quo while it is healing.  

Hubby went to work on the yard at his mom's house.  I think I will throw on some work close and go meet him.  I need some fresh air and a bit of movement today.
tomi1000

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedidoc on Sat Jan 27, 2018 3:24 pm

Tomi, I can tell you've done tons of mental house cleaning and are in a fantastic head space for this part of your journey. I'm so very happy for you.

Hey, I was at least in Asia for friend's location.

Hope you have a great day with hubby.
Pedidoc

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by tomi1000 on Sat Jan 27, 2018 5:48 pm

Thank you - I believe I have done much growing over the past year. I decided to hang low at home as my energy isn't great, and going to mom's house would mean getting involved in some strenuous cleaning.

You did well with remembering! Wink
tomi1000

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Narrowminded on Sun Jan 28, 2018 10:37 am

Tomi I’m so happy you can feel healing happening. I know you can do this and when it’s done and the Cándida is gone, it will be worth every single craving you’ve resisted.

Great job with getting the alcohol out of the picture as mostly that like feeding sugar as well.

I’m so encouraged by your progress. I keep telling my fibro friend about it. He diet isn’t far off as she’s currently AIP, but prob needs to keep to lower glycemic veg as well.
Narrowminded

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by tomi1000 on Sun Jan 28, 2018 4:25 pm

Narrowminded wrote:Tomi I’m so happy you can feel healing happening. I know you can do this and when it’s done and the Cándida is gone, it will be worth every single craving you’ve resisted.

Great job with getting the alcohol out of the picture as mostly that like feeding sugar as well.

I’m so encouraged by your progress. I keep telling my fibro friend about it. He diet isn’t far off as she’s currently AIP, but prob needs to keep to lower glycemic veg as well.

Fibro symptoms are so different for each person - as is the method to control those symptoms. Diet is HUGE for me! Sugar and simple carbs/starchy foods will almost always set off a flare of pain and brain fog. I hope your friend can find her triggers and learn just how important it is for her avoid them. Stress is also a huge trigger for most people with fibro. Eliminating the sources of the highest stress is so important - but not always possible. So learning how to live with the source, while not allowing it to put you in a state of stress is difficult, but possible if you can find the right mind-space. Finding our own source of peace, and resting in it. Easier said than done for sure.

It is day 11 of my candida diet. Still no wavering from the strict version. I am 1/3 done. Smile This is very difficult for sure. But, getting through it will be good for better understanding of what is really going on inside. That what keeps me going strong.

Its a beautiful day here! I'm going to take a short walk around the park.

tomi1000

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by tomi1000 on Sun Jan 28, 2018 7:10 pm

Hubby and I went for a nice little walk around the park - in 60 degrees! and sunshine! It felt like spring! Then we pulled the dune buggy out of the shop and took it for a spin around town. On the way home we talked to some neighbors and had a few good laughs.

Now - jammies and relaxing again. Great day!
tomi1000

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedidoc on Sun Jan 28, 2018 7:26 pm

Sounds like you had a great day and lots of fun.
Pedidoc

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Narrowminded on Mon Jan 29, 2018 6:19 pm

Tomi, my friend also triggers from sweet/carbs and avoids them. Her husband likes to eat out weekly and she will grill the server about whatever it is she is ordering and really does her best. I too think stress is another trigger and sometimes it’s hard to avoid. The holidays were hard for her with family gatherings and such. She will get it calmed down again. However I’m excited to pass on how you are fairing with the Cándida diet. Where she lives, she struggles to find a functional med person and so she stuck with the traditional run around

I’m happy to hear you had such a wonderful day. Sounds like lots of fun.
Narrowminded

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by tomi1000 on Mon Jan 29, 2018 10:52 pm

NM - it sounds like your friend is doing well with it all. Fibro is a "junk" diagnoses IMHO. There must be a cause for the symptoms, they just haven't found it yet. My NP has an opinion that points toward the sympathetic nervous system just responding and reacting to the stress state that some people happen to live in as a way of life. It could be from a situation or a life-long string of events. In my case - I have lived in a state of fight or flight since I was young child - being born into a mess and having to learn how to cope with instability and a lack of emotional support. When I was faced with divorce at the age of 40 - my coping mechanisms no longer served me well in dealing with the situation and that is when my fibro symptoms started. They intensified after marrying hubby and finding my new family was not the haven of bliss I expected it to be. Since the SDs have grown up and moved out and are not a daily source of intense stress my symptoms have really eased up.
tomi1000

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by tomi1000 on Mon Jan 29, 2018 10:54 pm

okay - so Day 12. I can not tell you how boring this diet is getting! But - I will no fail.
tomi1000

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedidoc on Mon Jan 29, 2018 11:10 pm

tomi1000 wrote:okay - so Day 12.  I can not tell you how boring this diet is getting!  But - I will no fail.  

Stick with it, Tomi. You can do it!

Tomorrow is my day 10.
Pedidoc

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by tomi1000 on Tue Jan 30, 2018 3:36 am

Yeah! Good for you, Kathi! How are you feeling? I guess I should check your journal Wink

My calories came in very low today - but it was a busy day and I ate very little fat.

Meeting with builder tomorrow to go over plans for the rebuild of our detached garage/shop. Hoping for a rough estimate on cost and time frame for completion. We got the cities approval to rebuild at the same square footage - even though it is over the regulations for a detached building. But they granted us a bit of leniency since we are parkland on 3 sides. No adjacent neighbors to be bothered by the size of the building. Smile I'm anxious to get this project done - its been in the works for going on 3 years now (flaky contractors!)

I'm secretly hoping to see a small drop on the scale tomorrow Smile I need the encouragement at this point in my journey. But if it stays the same I won't be upset. My gut is still unstable and it seems to get set off by small things. Today I think it was the Tums I ate yesterday ---- and as I look back, what I thought was Lamb bothering me the other day could very well have been Tums that day also. I will need to refrain from Tums and see if those troubles go away.
tomi1000

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Annieh on Tue Jan 30, 2018 5:17 am

Let's hope it wasn't the lamb.
Annieh

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedidoc on Tue Jan 30, 2018 9:23 am

So I will ask the question, "Why did you take the Tums?" Was the problem there before or afterwards?

On my end going well. This W30 is scarily easy. The hardest thing is eating 3 meals, but I'm trying. I credit this with a couple of things: reading Body Beliefs and taking what I could from it, practicing mindfulness (day 12 of 12), a revelation about past contributing to my self sabotage, and a focus on healthy and stronger versus weight loss.
Pedidoc

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by tomi1000 on Tue Jan 30, 2018 12:12 pm

Annieh wrote:Let's hope it wasn't the lamb.

Yes - since I haven't eaten red meat in about a year - it could be. ????

Pedidoc wrote:So I will ask the question, "Why did you take the Tums?" Was the problem there before or afterwards?

On my end going well. This W30 is scarily easy. The hardest thing is eating 3 meals, but I'm trying. I credit this with a couple of things: reading Body Beliefs and taking what I could from it, practicing mindfulness (day 12 of 12), a revelation about past contributing to my self sabotage, and a focus on healthy and stronger versus weight loss.

I took the Tums because I get a bit of acid reflux when I eat the vegan mayo. Its called Just Mayo (Hampton Creek). But its made with canola oil (yuck). The tums settles my tummy. The only time I eat it is when I mix it with tuna or canned chicken. Last night I ate the canned chicken just in the juices it comes in and Smile no acid reflux.

Good to hear you're going strong this go round! I should probably look into that book. It sounds like it would well worth it. I'm glad I have a buddy to go through the 30 days with!
tomi1000

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by tomi1000 on Tue Jan 30, 2018 12:15 pm

Oh hey - I didn't realize Jason Seib was the author of this book! Thats cool.
tomi1000

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedidoc on Tue Jan 30, 2018 1:17 pm

tomi1000 wrote:Oh hey - I didn't realize Jason Seib was the author of this book!  Thats cool.  

I will warn you that he tends to slant his teaching, but if you do the excercise he asks you to do and write down everything that occurs to you, you can apply it to your personal situation. This is what I mean by taking what I could and applying it to my situation. In my case I was looking for why I self sabatoged any weight loss.
Pedidoc

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by tomi1000 on Tue Jan 30, 2018 2:59 pm

I'm still wondering if I should buy it - at this point in my journey I have learned that my weight loss issues are not due to my own lack of good effort. I think I'll hold off and see what happens as my body gets stronger and my gut heals. I know I eat healthy and my calories at the perfect place for weight loss - so I will just have to wait until my body is ready to release the fat. It will. I know it will. Smile
tomi1000

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lovebird on Tue Jan 30, 2018 3:27 pm

tomi1000 wrote:I'm still wondering if I should buy it -

When you subscribe to the newsletter of https://altshiftdiet.com/ you get a link for a pdf and an audio download for Body Beliefs for free. That's how most of us got the book. Cool
Lovebird

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Greensprout on Tue Jan 30, 2018 6:25 pm

Was just about to say what LB already did above. Yes, download audiobook for free.
Greensprout

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Narrowminded on Tue Jan 30, 2018 6:42 pm

Tomi, congrats are making it this far, i know you can get the rest of the way.

My friend did have a string of Very stressful events when this started, add to that she was eating SAD at the time and issues from her youth as well. I agree is a dump dx. Much like ALS, something has to cause it, but it’s still mostly unknown

As to the mayo. It is very, Very simple to make. Just need a blender, blender stick or food processor. I make mine all the time. Just ask if you want the recipe. Takes about 10 min which includes pulling out the ingredients
Narrowminded

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedidoc on Tue Jan 30, 2018 7:35 pm

tomi1000 wrote:I'm still wondering if I should buy it - at this point in my journey I have learned that my weight loss issues are not due to my own lack of good effort.  I think I'll hold off and see what happens as my body gets stronger and my gut heals.  I know I eat healthy and my calories at the perfect place for weight loss - so I will just have to wait until my body is ready to release the fat.  It will.  I know it will.  Smile  

I think if you go to the AltShift site, you can get a free e-copy. https://altshiftdiet.com
Pedidoc

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by tomi1000 on Tue Jan 30, 2018 11:50 pm

I have made mayo myself - but I'm not a fan of olive oil type.  I haven't tried using another good oil.  But with the reflux I guess I should try it.  Avocado oil?  What do you suggest?  

Thanks for the tip on the website and free book Smile  I will check it out.

EDIT: Got it! thanks! You saved me $15 Smile

Day 13 down and done.

The trifecta lunar event is suppose to be a max eclipse at about 4:15 ish in the morning. Hubby and I are going to go sit in the hot tub at watch it Smile
tomi1000

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Annieh on Wed Jan 31, 2018 12:14 am

That sounds so romantic and scientific at the same time!!
Annieh

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Heuristicfireflower on Wed Jan 31, 2018 3:27 am

Good to read that progress and healing continues. Smile
Heuristicfireflower

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content