Every day remains a wandering road

Page 33 of 33 Previous  1 ... 18 ... 31, 32, 33

Go down

Re: Every day remains a wandering road

Post by Vh67 on Wed Nov 14, 2018 5:39 am

I am so glad to hear you are making progress and that you will be back!
Vh67

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ONTARIO on Wed Nov 14, 2018 6:23 am

Greensprout - glad to see you have popped in to update us. We miss you around here! Hugs and peace to you!

ONTARIO

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Meant2Move on Wed Nov 14, 2018 12:45 pm

More hugs!
Meant2Move

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Narrowminded on Wed Nov 14, 2018 4:18 pm

Great to see you GS. Happy to hear things are moving in a positive direction. If you don’t pop back in for a while know you’re in my thoughts and prayers.
Narrowminded

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lovebird on Mon Nov 26, 2018 11:55 pm

^ What they said.

((HUGS))
Lovebird

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The Walrus on Sun Dec 02, 2018 9:24 pm

Thinking about you and hoping you are well and busy with RL! Smile
The Walrus

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Greensprout on Mon Dec 03, 2018 6:51 pm

Still around, haven’t been keeping up with all of your journals, but will get there. Look forward to all the updates.

Ongoing therapy, check. New psychiatrist has changed up meds once again, but this time I believe for the better, and he’s more interactive and actually provides counselling/therapy at appts rather than just being focused on pharmaceuticals. Still ups and downs, but less so or dramatic, more even mood more often.

Yes, I am being medically released from the military, but have at least mostly come to accept that. Honestly, don’t think I really need to work after retirement, currently my head is not in it, and financially will work with service pension. Hope to explore my creative, artistic side, which has never been a priority. Mental health clinic on base is starting a weekly art therapy group in the New Year, which I am looking forward to.

Was recently posted to the Transition Unit from my previous job late last month. Point is so they can fill my position (which won’t happen till next summer anyway) and allow me to focus on treatment and rehab/recovery. Strange place to be, but likely for the best. Still waiting on neurology consult for hand/arm paresthesias, and now dermatology for very recent changes to a mole on my face.

In the meantime, last week application for disability award from VA for PTSD was approved. Under current Canadian policy (very controversial since the “new veterans charter of 2006) means a one time payout vice a medical pension. I did receive my payout, which will pay off out mortgage and leave a decent sum to invest for our retirement home. Is at least acknowledgement for service related injury, and will cover any future medical costs related to this for life.

Had my third Float experience yesterday, which was SO much better than the last one. Even my chronic pain issues from knee and hips felt better and remain so today. And another viscosupplement injection for the knee booked for tomorrow, as the previous cortisone didn’t make much of a difference.

Keeping on day by day. Will be back, hiopefully sooner than last check in.

Thanks for the comments and well wishes, all are much appreciated.

Greensprout

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lovebird on Tue Dec 04, 2018 1:48 am

Thanks for checking in and updating us on what's going on. Smile

Glad to hear about the improvements in treatment, slowly but surely, and your succesful float experience.

Greensprout wrote:Hope to explore my creative, artistic side, which has never been a priority. Mental health clinic on base is starting a weekly art therapy group in the New Year, which I am looking forward to.

I like this one particularly. *hugs*
Lovebird

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rig D on Tue Dec 04, 2018 3:26 am

Very happy your PTSD payout was apparently a good sum and will provide you some on-going cushion. Yes, I too would entertain my creative side in your circumstances, lots of time to re-enter the "rat race" if you decide to.
Rig D

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The Walrus on Tue Dec 04, 2018 11:27 am

Glad to hear about the art! That will surely be valuable!
The Walrus

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Narrowminded on Wed Dec 05, 2018 6:05 am

Such a good update in my opinion. I know you still have a lot to get through, but things do seem to be looking brighter.

The art group sounds wonderful for you.

Hugs
Narrowminded

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ONTARIO on Wed Dec 05, 2018 6:09 am

I'm glad things are working out for you. I have nothing to add to help you along but, as a Canadian, I want to thank you for your service. I feel that in the U.S.A. veterans and service personnel are often thanked but in Canada we do not make it known that you are a valuable and essential part of our country. So, even if you only hear it from me today - thank you, I appreciate what you do for our country.

ONTARIO

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 33 of 33 Previous  1 ... 18 ... 31, 32, 33