Every day remains a wandering road

Page 31 of 33 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 30, 31, 32, 33  Next

Go down

Re: Every day remains a wandering road

Post by Narrowminded on Wed Aug 29, 2018 8:25 am

A lot going on with you GS. Sounds like MH improvement, albeit slow, but better than the other direction.

Praying your days at the office go well and without incident.

Enjoy your time away.
Narrowminded

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by tomi1000 on Wed Aug 29, 2018 6:03 pm

VI is on my bucket list for when I'm well enough to travel again. Smile I hope you have a wonderful time!

I was anti-depressants many years ago - yes the lift the down, but I too always felt blah! When I came off of them I realized how little emotion I had been experiencing. I would cry at commercials and I would laugh at the silliest things. But still - being without the down made it worth the blah.
tomi1000

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Greensprout on Sun Sep 02, 2018 10:02 pm

Home about an hour ago, actually unpacked fully which is unusual for me, but was just one small bag plus backpack.

Was a completely great few days. While hubby knew the guy very well and his wife a bit, I hardly knew them (had met him a few times and her once). He is retired military, but still doing some part time Reservist service, she is medically released military with PTSD and fibromyalgia. After this visit, I feel like I’ve known them for years and feel totally comfortable around them. Had a few deep chats about the MH issues, with a few tears from 2 of us, but I feel a huge support which will be mutual when we live there. Am very happy we did this trip.

Of course, we ate lots of good food, they did their best to accommodate GF for us, they are already partway there. Drank lots of good wine. Definitely will be a week off that now!

Labour Day holiday tomorrow. Tomorrow will think about the work handover stuff for the coming week, which I’ve tried hard to avoid thinking about these last 5 days.
Greensprout

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Narrowminded on Sun Sep 02, 2018 10:10 pm

GS it is so wonderful that you could make this connection. You’re own mini-support group with someone who totally gets it.

I understand having someone who knows exactly what you are going through all too well.

This is so very awesome for you.

Hugs as you work on the handover stuff. I know that will not be easy.
Narrowminded

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedidoc on Sun Sep 02, 2018 10:47 pm

You sound fantastic!  I am happy you had such a connection.  Another fantastic reason to move to VI.  

You will figure out the handover stuff.  You are smart that way. Wink
Pedidoc

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Greensprout on Sun Sep 02, 2018 10:53 pm

Thanks, NM and Pedi.  As for the handover, will get through somehow.  Likely with assistance from Ativan Neutral

In normal times I would invite the 2 ladies (colleagues as well as friends) to my home for a dinner, but have decided I’m not up for that. May bring up the idea to meet them for a restaurant dinner, hubby would come to as my support. He’s good like that.
Greensprout

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The Walrus on Mon Sep 03, 2018 6:44 pm

So nice to hear about your trip to VI! Isn't it great when things work out that way, and acquaintances turn into friends?

Best wishes for the handover!
The Walrus

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Greensprout on Thu Sep 06, 2018 10:58 pm

The handover was fine, though some Ativan was needed to actually go in. Went in yesterday afternoon and today for a few hours. Out to supper with the visiting colleagues plus regular work folks (including 2 new people who’ve come in this summer), hubby came along, and it was good.

Booked my second float for tomorrow afternoon. Think I can use it. This morning was not so good, so this should be helpful for the calming it generates.
Greensprout

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedidoc on Fri Sep 07, 2018 8:22 am

Nicely done on the handoff.  I'm sure the float will help.  Probably to be expected that you are having a down day after doing something so stressful.  Hoping that now that the handoff is done you will have more peace about leaving the team.
Pedidoc

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rig D on Fri Sep 07, 2018 9:38 am

+1
Rig D

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Narrowminded on Fri Sep 07, 2018 5:42 pm

+2. Enjoy that float.
Narrowminded

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Greensprout on Sat Sep 08, 2018 10:57 pm

Ok, so I had to cancel Friday’s float, as I woke late and had some issues with refill of some meds that I would run out of in a few days that I can’t stop abruptly. Did rebook float for Tuesday. Will be repeating the at home sleep study Mon night, and have to return the device in the am, so booked float for mid morning.

Son #2 reminded me of an event downtown this weekend called “Manyfest”. There’s a food truck wars on from 11-6 tomorrow with 41 food trucks. Hubby and I will likely pop down and check it out, despite forecast of rain. https://www.manyfest.ca/food-truck-wars
Greensprout

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedidoc on Sun Sep 09, 2018 12:09 am

Have fun with hubby.  I hope you find some great food.
Pedidoc

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Narrowminded on Sun Sep 09, 2018 9:05 am

Sounds like a neat way to spend the day. . Enjoy checking out all the food trucks. Smile
Narrowminded

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ONTARIO on Sun Sep 09, 2018 9:30 am

Food trucks! Oh, now I would love to be able to cruise the food trucks! It sounds like fun!

How are you today? I hope you are feeling calm. It does sound like you have a great support network. And retirement should surely help once you settle in to that new normal.

I hope today is a positive one for you!!!!

ONTARIO

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Meant2Move on Mon Sep 10, 2018 9:12 pm

A food truck fest sounds like so much fun and a great opportunity to taste test.

Enjoy the float tomorrow!
Meant2Move

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Greensprout on Tue Sep 11, 2018 8:28 pm

Ahh, unfortunately we had rainstorms come thru that kept us away from the food trucks.

Did the rescheduled float today. Last night did the repeat at home sleep study and had to return the equipment by 930, so booked float for 1030. Hadn’t had a good sleep, and was moderately anxious this morning. While the float was a good thing (nothing wrong with feeling like near zero gravity in body temp water with 800 lbs of magnesium salts), I could not relax as much as the first time. Monkey mind would not settle. And I heard every tiny little digesting noise my belly made, amplified by ears being immersed. And by the end, I had to pee... Chatted with the gal at reception afterwards, she said sometimes time of day makes a difference. Last float was mid afternoon. Perhaps morning is not my time. Anyway, not a bad experience, just not as good as I had hoped. One more float left on my intro package.

Tomorrow is a very long overdue hair trim and highlight touch up. 11 days until New England trip. Yesterday was psychologist, Thursday review of sleep study results with respirologist, Friday follow up group session from OSI chronic pain group from last spring. Next week starts the cognitive processing trauma group.
Greensprout

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedidoc on Tue Sep 11, 2018 9:38 pm

Busy, busy, busy.  I'm glad you are taking some time to heal in New England.
Pedidoc

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Greensprout on Tue Sep 11, 2018 9:43 pm

Pedidoc wrote:Busy, busy, busy.  I'm glad you are taking some time to heal in New England.

Thanks. BTW, that news story/video I linked on FB is the big project we were working on for the past 2 years. May have been the last straw to the bringing back of my OSI issues. I sincerely wish them all well, but worry tremendously. Most of the 3 medical teams there are friends of mine.
Greensprout

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Greensprout on Thu Sep 13, 2018 5:33 pm

Happy with hair appt yesterday, toned down the highlights so is much more suited to fall. Booked a facial for next week. New place, as the one I’ve been to twice this year seems to have shut down. This is a nice spa at the hair salon I use, had lots of great reviews.

Met with the Respirology doc this morning to review the results of Monday nights sleep study (with oral appliance in, about 3+ months into use). While I sort of already knew this, based on hubby’s reports of my continued snoring and frequent moving to son #1’s vacant bedroom during the night), it shows mild sleep apnea. No long apneaic episodes or dangerously low oxygen desaturation, but a number of episodes of very low respiratory effort and sats down to low 80s. And LOTS of snoring. So he recommends what I’ve been dreading: trial of CPAP. Not happy. But probably necessary. Agreed to the trial, likely will be able to use just a nasal mask or “pillow” device, rather than full face mask. Go in to get set up end of next week, just before heading on our 2 week New England getaway.
Greensprout

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Narrowminded on Thu Sep 13, 2018 6:03 pm

I’m glad you went for the study. While I’m sure the CPAP will not be fun, it may actually help with your healing. Good sleep is essential. Good luck getting used to it.

When DH started with the bipap, it took him a couple of weeks.
Narrowminded

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Greensprout on Thu Sep 13, 2018 7:28 pm

You are probably right, I just have some (perhaps a lot) of anxiety related to feeling confined in the mask. But on the other hand, not sure I can recall the last time I woke up after 7-10 hours of sleep feeling rested. ☹

Sent from Topic'it App
Greensprout

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Greensprout on Thu Sep 13, 2018 7:33 pm

And sushi delivery is on the way for dinner, so that helps make a better end to the day. 😐

Sent from Topic'it App
Greensprout

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedidoc on Thu Sep 13, 2018 8:28 pm

The video was very interesting.  I can see that it would take a lot of planning.
Pedidoc

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lovebird on Sat Sep 15, 2018 4:17 am

Narrowminded wrote:I’m glad you went for the study.  While I’m sure the CPAP will not be fun, it may actually help with your healing.  Good sleep is essential.  Good luck getting used to it.

+1

Greensprout wrote:And sushi delivery is on the way for dinner, so that helps make a better end to the day. 😐

How could it not... yum!

Take good care of yourself Connie. *hugs*
Lovebird

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 31 of 33 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 30, 31, 32, 33  Next