Every day remains a wandering road

Page 30 of 33 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31, 32, 33  Next

Go down

Re: Every day remains a wandering road

Post by Meant2Move on Wed Aug 08, 2018 10:26 pm

Strange indeed. I can certainly appreciate why you are nervous, and also imagine you've some worry about heading back down. Those cycles are surely normal. But, do enjoy and appreciate the good days while they are here, and know there are more to come. You are a strong person, I have such confidence you will make it through this difficult time.
Meant2Move

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Narrowminded on Wed Aug 08, 2018 10:47 pm

Happy to hear you are still in an upswing. I’m praying it’s one that s meant to last and does not go over board. I agree with M2M just try to enjoy it.
Narrowminded

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rig D on Thu Aug 09, 2018 7:48 am

All sounds good to me. A good number of days in a row feeling more upbeat can't be bad, enjoy it. Keep up the good work.
Rig D

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by tomi1000 on Thu Aug 09, 2018 2:34 pm

I can relate to the feelings/fears that this "good" won't last. Mine being energy and gut function - but its the same feelings and wonderings. But - I'm learning that "right now" is all I must think about. I am good "right now". Smile
tomi1000

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Meant2Move on Thu Aug 09, 2018 4:18 pm

One of my favorite people has "this moment is all that exists" tattooed on his arm. A good reminder to be in the now.
Meant2Move

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Greensprout on Sun Aug 12, 2018 9:18 pm

Had 6 decent days in a row, then not so much. The past 3 days woke anxious and mildly panicky, and took a while to sort myself out. That said, not as low as many days in the past many months. Today did manage to do a bit more decluttering in my bedroom. Many old socks are now in the trash, and the drawer is organized.

Will see where this week goes. Hubby and I will likely book our next cruise (likely Feb) this week.

Greensprout

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The Walrus on Mon Aug 13, 2018 6:16 am

Where are you planning to go?
The Walrus

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Narrowminded on Mon Aug 13, 2018 8:17 am

GS I’m sorry that things took a step backward after a week of goodness, but the good part is you know your healing. I think those good streaks will continue to grow in length until the bad ones are no more.

Sounds like fun booking a new vacation. Smile
Narrowminded

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedidoc on Mon Aug 13, 2018 9:26 am

As with most things, it is usually 3 steps forward and then 1 step back. Good job cleaning out the drawer. We booked ours for next fall when we were on board the ship.
Pedidoc

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Greensprout on Mon Aug 13, 2018 10:37 pm

Appreciate all the comments.

Saw psychiatrist today, he was encouraged by the decent days last week, despite the downturn. First sign of potential improvement since I started seeing him in January. More adjusting of meds, and we’ll see where it goes from here.

Today was an okay day.
Greensprout

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lovebird on Tue Aug 14, 2018 12:37 am

Here's to more decent days to come. Smile Sounds like finally the meds are kicking in/right doses for you got figured out, which is a good thing.

And even those down days you've managed pretty well, from the sound of it. *hugs* You'll get there.
Lovebird

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Greensprout on Wed Aug 15, 2018 9:28 pm

TW, plan on booking the cruise tomorrow. 14 days in the Caribbean, as that’s what makes sense Ir thr Jan/Feb/Mar timeline, and the cruise line we use is launching a new ship in Dec, so are looking at those iterneraries. Expect will be last time to Caribbean for a long while, as there are so many other places to go, but will be in retirement.

Mostly flat mood last 2 days, but was up for a 2 mile wake this morning. Psychologist appt was deep, but I believe good. Continuing to try and focus on the positivity of baby steps forward.
Greensprout

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedidoc on Wed Aug 15, 2018 10:43 pm

Forward is good no matter how small the steps.
Pedidoc

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Narrowminded on Thu Aug 16, 2018 2:29 pm

The cruise sounds awesome. Steps are steps and any are good.

Hugs
Narrowminded

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by perennialpam on Thu Aug 16, 2018 5:20 pm

Big changes in your entries here and so glad to read them. You are making progress. Keep up the good work, GS.

Hug and more hugs.
perennialpam

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Greensprout on Fri Aug 17, 2018 7:02 pm

Saw sports medicine doc today about ongoing knee pain due to OA. He gave me the viscosupplementation injection nearly 2 years ago, which didn’t have any noticeable results. Now I will be having a cortisone injection next week. Fun, fun.

Skies here have been very smoky with poor air quality the past 2 days due to wildfires in BC. Clearly is much worse there, but we are hazy and the smoke smell is quite noticeable. Air quality alerts in place.

And yes, cruise is booked for Feb, plus flights on travel miles. We splurged on a good deal for a small suite...should be great.

Mood up and down, at least not too low. Treatment continues.
Greensprout

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Meant2Move on Fri Aug 17, 2018 7:10 pm

Something to look forward to!

Sorry to hear you are getting the smoke too. We've had so much this summer, both from fires some distance and from that are far too close for comfort.

Not to tell your doc's how to do their job, but based on hub's knee stuff, if you have swelling, consider asking that they first try and aspirate extra fluid before injecting the cortisone, otherwise it seems to be more painful and less effective.

Meant2Move

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Narrowminded on Fri Aug 17, 2018 7:34 pm

Happy to hear the cruise is booked. Sounds like fun.
Narrowminded

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedidoc on Fri Aug 17, 2018 9:43 pm

Nice going on the suite!
Pedidoc

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Greensprout on Fri Aug 17, 2018 9:45 pm

M2M, interesting point. Swelling isn’t bad currently, but will mention if it’s more when I go for the injection.

NM, I’m looking forward to it.
Greensprout

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rig D on Sat Aug 18, 2018 6:46 am

The cortisone shot in the knee is a wonderful thing for knee pain, and while the needle is big and intimidating, the injection is not painful. I had one in each of my knees in the couple of months leading up to my knee replacement operations, and both times I walked out of the Dr.s office in virtually no pain at all after barely being able to walk in.

There is a BIG caution -- Cortisone is not a good long term thing. Whatever you do that is causing the pain will continue being done, you just won't notice it so it you will not heal. And if you use it regularly over the long term, it will eventually lead to joint deterioration. Be sure you check this out and discuss with Doc before you start relying on repetitive shots.
Rig D

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Greensprout on Tue Aug 28, 2018 11:36 pm

Had the cortisone injection last Friday. Rig, you are wrong, it does hurt like heck!! Knee is feeling pretty good this week.

Kind of hanging even on the MH front. Fewer really down days, a few a bit better, most kind of blah, which is better than down. Had an intake interview and will be starting a cognitive processing group (happens to be all women) next month with the focus on trauma. Weekly groups for 12 weeks. Intimidated, bou it should be a good adjunct to my current tx.

Hubby and I are taking a few days away, fly tomorrow am to the west coast (Vancouver island) until Sunday. Staying with friends in our intended retirement location. Should be fun. Seem to have managed to pack all necessary bits into a carry on bag. Trying out the rolling technique for packing clothing for the first time. All fits nicely. Not an early flight, Tapp Car coming at 830.

Next week, a colleague is coming here with the intent that I do a handover of much of my work projects, as she is now in a position that is my counterpoint in higher HQ. Honestly, I’m quite anxious about it, as I have only very briefly popped into the office twice in 5 months, both for brief signing of stuff or picking something up. Will certainly not be doing 2-3 full days with her, but hope to be able to go in for at least an hour or two maybe each day. Hubby thinks this may give me some closure on my thoughts about letting the team down and all that crap since being away dealing with my own stuff. Perhaps he’s right, psychologist thinks it may be good too, will see how I fare. Last thing I want is to go in, and have to depart abruptly in an emotional mess due to the content of some of the files/projects, which is a definite possibility. Fingers crossed.

Looking forward to a few days away before that occurs.
Greensprout

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedidoc on Wed Aug 29, 2018 5:59 am

Glad you are taking a few days together.  Jelious that you will be on VI.  Maybe on the flight or while soaking in the views, you could start a list of what she needs to know.  Then put it in order of importance and start at 1 when you meet with her.  If you can only do a couple of hours, you will have a starting point for the second time you meet and so on.  Just a thought from my list-loving brain.  I did something similar when I had to train my replacement at the other university.  I added a place to put a date I discussed it and turned it over to my boss before I left.  No questions about if I taught her stuff that way.
Pedidoc

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by perennialpam on Wed Aug 29, 2018 6:14 am

Good to see a post from you GS! The results of your MH sound much better. Be patient.

As usual, my list loving friend is providing helpful advice about organizing. Good job Pedi.
perennialpam

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rig D on Wed Aug 29, 2018 7:22 am

Sorry the cortisone shot hurt, that was not my experience. Hopefully it will continue to give good relief. My shots lasted for at least 3 months on pain relief before I started feeling twinges of pain returning.
Rig D

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 30 of 33 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31, 32, 33  Next