Every day remains a wandering road

Page 28 of 34 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 27, 28, 29 ... 34  Next

Go down

Every day remains a wandering road - Page 28 Empty Re: Every day remains a wandering road

Post by Pedidoc on Tue Jul 17, 2018 10:07 pm

Greensprout wrote:
tomi1000 wrote:Progress Smile
Yeah, perhaps on the physical side, but emotionally, tonight I’m a mess.  Have been PMing with Pedidoc.  Probably just need to go to bed.  See psychologist tomorrow

Glad I could be there for you. Get some sleep. I hope you do not have any dreams. Talk to the psychologist tomorrow and let him know where you are at emotionally.
Pedidoc
Pedidoc

Back to top Go down

Every day remains a wandering road - Page 28 Empty Re: Every day remains a wandering road

Post by perennialpam on Wed Jul 18, 2018 7:03 am

Sorry to hear you are emotionally challenged right now. So much going on with your care! No wonder.

Hang in there GS. You are doing good.
perennialpam
perennialpam

Back to top Go down

Post by Narrowminded on Wed Jul 18, 2018 12:18 pm

Sending big hugs your way. Things are still improving even if you’ve had a little step backwards. You got this!
Narrowminded
Narrowminded

Back to top Go down

Post by tomi1000 on Wed Jul 18, 2018 2:45 pm

Oh I'm so sorry --- I hope today is better. It's good you and Pedidoc are talking. Smile
tomi1000
tomi1000

Back to top Go down

Post by Annieh on Wed Jul 18, 2018 4:40 pm

Kia kaha. Thinking of you.
Annieh
Annieh

Back to top Go down

Post by Greensprout on Wed Jul 18, 2018 10:02 pm

Had a long conference call with Nurse case manager today, after actually being up early and going into the base for newest labwork to be done. She added some new things to mull over, ended up with a lot of tears and tissues used. Supposed to be an hour, ended up 1 hr 37 min! Then just a bit of time to clear head before psychologist appt. that went well. I have some things to think about, which I will not expand on quite yet. Feeling mentally exhausted tonight, and due to being up early for a change, may feel tired enough to go to bed at a decent time, which works with my aim to get sleep cycle back on track.
Greensprout
Greensprout

Back to top Go down

Post by Meant2Move on Wed Jul 18, 2018 10:16 pm

Sleep well, and know that we are all pulling for you!
Meant2Move
Meant2Move

Back to top Go down

Post by Heuristicfireflower on Thu Jul 19, 2018 4:35 am

Those moments of opening up and releasing are helpful in moving forward, as I"m sure you know. I was always afraid of them and resisted for years. Now, as I release things my forward path is less daunting. It's good that you are supported by the professional and family while passing through this.
Heuristicfireflower
Heuristicfireflower

Back to top Go down

Post by Narrowminded on Thu Jul 19, 2018 8:46 am

Sending hugs GS.
Narrowminded
Narrowminded

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedidoc on Thu Jul 19, 2018 9:59 am

I hope you had good dreamless sleep and got up at a reasonable hour. I am sure that the psychiatrist visit will be draining, but it is all part of the healing process. Sending thoughts of strength and healing.
Pedidoc
Pedidoc

Back to top Go down

Post by tomi1000 on Thu Jul 19, 2018 2:57 pm

Remember when you have days of emotional stress such as this, your mind and body need a down time to recover, and to process it all. I hope you are able to have a relaxing day filled with things that bring you pleasure and peace.
tomi1000
tomi1000

Back to top Go down

Post by Greensprout on Thu Jul 19, 2018 7:14 pm

Appreciate the well wishes.

Think I slept well last night, but hubby tells me I snored like a banshee... Sad. So he slept like crap. I feel bad about that, but is out of my control while asleep. He tries to wake and move me, which apparently does not work. Was NOT up early,more like 10 am after an 1130 bedtime.

Had physio consult post wrist fracture (actually 11 weeks ago). Good ROM. She says strength is probably about 75% of normal. So some home exercises with putty and a follow up in a month.

Some thunderstorms with heavy rain late afternoon/early evening. We need the rain. Lost power for perhaps 5 minutes.

Dinner tonight is cleaning up lots of leftovers. I may have cooked too much this week.

Mood today rather flat. Not too down, but certainly not at a normal mood level. Blah blah, rinse and repeat. Think I may actually truly do an early bedtime tonight.

Not much else to say.

Greensprout
Greensprout

Back to top Go down

Post by Narrowminded on Fri Jul 20, 2018 7:57 am

Here hoping the day improves as you go along. Glad you could sleep even if it disturbed DH. You need that sleep.
Narrowminded
Narrowminded

Back to top Go down

Post by Greensprout on Tue Jul 24, 2018 9:36 pm

Still here, nearing end of current sick leave this week. See psychologist tomorrow, and then the next interdisciplinary case conference on Thurs afternoon, following psychiatrist appt. will see where we go from here. Some days are a bit better, some a bit worse, but doesn’t take much for a trigger to send me askew. For sure, am not ready to return to my job, even in a limited capacity. Hubby will once again come to the case conference.
Greensprout
Greensprout

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedidoc on Tue Jul 24, 2018 9:42 pm

Hoping all continues to move forward for you.
Pedidoc
Pedidoc

Back to top Go down

Post by Rig D on Wed Jul 25, 2018 6:14 am

Good news on the wrist. I think "slow and steady progress" is appropriate for all else. Keep plugging away.
Rig D
Rig D

Back to top Go down

Post by Narrowminded on Wed Jul 25, 2018 8:27 am

GS continuing to send hugs. Be kind and gentle with yourself.
Narrowminded
Narrowminded

Back to top Go down

Post by Greensprout on Thu Jul 26, 2018 9:55 pm

Case conference this afternoon. It was good. Sorting out referrals for some of the physical issues, and still making med changes. Off work for another 4 weeks to give time to hopefully sort some things out. Hubby was with me again, which is good. Am somewhat relieved.

Worst part...it seems my oral device is not stopping the snoring, though it may be somewhat less. The last 3 nights hubby has had to leave our bed and sleep in spare room (previously son #1’s). The team is thinking a trial of CPAP or BIPAP may be indicated. I completely hate that idea. The mask and constant positive pressure flow with CPAP I feel would be extremely hard to deal with, I would feel anxious and panicky. May speed up the repeat sleep study post oral device from the plan for Sept. This is a level 3 sleep study, done at home. To get the full level 1 study, which also measures brain activity and REM sleep which is in a lab/hospital has a wait list of a year +. We’ll see where this goes.
Greensprout
Greensprout

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedidoc on Fri Jul 27, 2018 11:38 am

Glad the case conference went well. Another 4 weeks to see how things go and maybe be closer to being done with this stage of your life and moving on.
Pedidoc
Pedidoc

Back to top Go down

Post by tomi1000 on Fri Jul 27, 2018 12:16 pm

things sound like they are moving in the right direction! Smile Sorry about the snoring issue. Hubby has a CPAP and it doesn't even phase him, and its on really high pressure cuz he SNORES!!! They do make less cumbersome units now - with just little nose buds instead of the whole nose/mouth thing that makes it look like your in ICU on oxygen.

Here's an "alternative" suggestion -- there is an essential oil called Valor (young living EOs) that helps to relax the areas that cause snoring. You put it on your big toe --- I know, sounds stupid and crazy! But it really helps! It calmed down hubby's snoring by about 1/2 volume. Still not enough - but it did help. So maybe, with the mouth appliance - AND the Valor it could be enough that your hubby wouldn't be disturbed. Does he wear ear plugs?

Let me know if you want more info on the Valor - I don't sell it, but I do buy EOs and could send you a bottle.
tomi1000
tomi1000

Back to top Go down

Post by perennialpam on Fri Jul 27, 2018 3:58 pm

Some good and some not so good news for you.

Hang in there missy.
perennialpam
perennialpam

Back to top Go down

Post by Lovebird on Mon Jul 30, 2018 5:33 am

Just a thought... is it possible that your snoring is impacted by a food intolerance of some sort? Something that perhaps snuck its way back in after eliminating it earlier? Not sure if you tried to quit all dairy/alcohol for a period of time before, but since you don't eat any gluten you might want to give it a shot. I understand it won't be easy to go that route, so maybe you'd prefer to keep a journal to see if anything you ingest impacts your snoring for better or worse by making smaller changes? Good luck!
Lovebird
Lovebird

Back to top Go down

Post by Greensprout on Mon Jul 30, 2018 10:18 pm

Tomi, thanks for the offer and will keep it in mind.

Lovebird, interesting thought. I did eliminate both dairy and alcohol during a W30 perhaps 4 or 5 years back, didn’t notice any issues when reintroducing foods. Currently do consume some dairy (mostly as butter, cheese, occasional yogurt) and consume alcohol more often than I should. Am planning on cutting out the alcohol for a while and see where things go.
Greensprout
Greensprout

Back to top Go down

Post by tomi1000 on Tue Jul 31, 2018 11:00 am

I did a quick google search and there is a connection between alcohol and snoring. Might help a lot when you cut that from your day. Smile
tomi1000
tomi1000

Back to top Go down

Post by Lovebird on Thu Aug 02, 2018 6:41 am

Greensprout wrote:Currently do consume some dairy (mostly as butter, cheese, occasional yogurt) and consume alcohol more often than I should.  Am planning on cutting out the alcohol for a while and see where things go.

Ditto. Embarassed Not sure exactly when the snoring started, but ofcourse it could be med related, which would make it difficult to cure, as you need them right now, so I hope this helps. Take care GS.
Lovebird
Lovebird

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 28 of 34 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 27, 28, 29 ... 34  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum