Every day remains a wandering road

Page 3 of 32 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 17 ... 32  Next

Go down

Re: Every day remains a wandering road

Post by Pedidoc on Thu Dec 21, 2017 8:12 pm

Greensprout wrote:Cruise is booked.  Flights too.  Yay!

Retirement likely in 2019.  We both have good pensions, so not really need to find more employment.  Thinking more about volunteer opportunities to give back.  If it is 2019, hubby will be 54 and I’ll ne 51.

That is young. DH was in the same place when he retired from the police department. He found a retirement job working for a university police department. I figure I will teach online as long as I am mentally able.
Pedidoc

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Greensprout on Thu Dec 21, 2017 8:57 pm

‘Tis true, but seems quite doable
Greensprout

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Greensprout on Thu Dec 21, 2017 9:04 pm

Dinner was oven baked chicken breast, oven potato wedge fries and steamed carrots.

Psychologist appt today, still not sure where it’s going, but she’s digging deeper. Every session needs a tissue. She lent me a book today, “Managing Pain Before it Manages You”. Has good reviews, and she’s used it with other clients. Will peruse over the holidays.
Greensprout

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Narrowminded on Fri Dec 22, 2017 12:07 am

GS good for you if you can retire early. Enjoy
Narrowminded

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Heuristicfireflower on Fri Dec 22, 2017 12:55 am

Wow, nice to have a set retirement to look forward to. Volunteering, I'm sure will be rewarding as well.
Enjoy your cruise!
Heuristicfireflower

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by perennialpam on Fri Dec 22, 2017 8:53 am

Wow, that's an early retirement for both of you. Congratulations.

Glad your vacation is all taken care of. Now sit back and dream about a wonderful time.
perennialpam

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Greensprout on Sat Dec 23, 2017 10:27 pm

Still decidedly unfestive in mood.  The past 2 nights, I’ve slept for perhaps 10 hours, but still woke unrested.  Ugh.  Trying to focus on self care, less than successful.  Had some nice chats with boys in the meantime.  Mostly slothful, but have procured kitchen provisions for the next few days, and perusing options for the upcoming cruise.  Appetite still down, but will make room for Christmas Eve meal.  Seem to be down another pound this week, with no planned intent.  Whatever.

Yesterday dinner was oven baked cod, rice and steamed carrots.  Leftovers tonight.

Christmas Eve feast is changing this year from a buffet of smalll bites to a 5.7 lb prime rib roast.  Son #1 and girlfriend, plus son #2 will be here.  Roasted potatoes and veg will accompany.  Expect both boys will be at girlfriends homes for Christmas day dinner.  

Heading into a veritable deep freeze of a polar vortex for the coming week. Oh yay Crying or Very sad .  Don’t have to be anywhere so perhaps not so bad.  Fuzzy Jammie pants, Netflix and fireplace FTW.
Greensprout

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedidoc on Sat Dec 23, 2017 10:41 pm

Nothing wrong with fuzzy pjs, fireplace, and Netflix. Take a deep breath and enjoy the family time.
Pedidoc

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Narrowminded on Sun Dec 24, 2017 12:02 am

Sounds like some wonderful plans. Enjoy every minute
Narrowminded

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The Walrus on Sun Dec 24, 2017 5:53 pm

Merry Christmas! And all the best for the New Year! santa rendeer
The Walrus

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Greensprout on Mon Dec 25, 2017 7:48 pm

Christmas Eve meal was lovely.  Son #2 did all the veg prep, as well as the cheese board.  Both sons and girlfriends were here, prime rib turned out lovely, though perhaps a tad closer to medium than the mid rare I’d wanted.  Still good.  Great time with the kids, and we had a card game (Wizard) later.  All stayed here and now are at respective gal’s family meals tonight.  

Low key day, upgraded from fuzzy pjs to yoga pants for the day.  Leftovers for dinner.  Admitting to some artisan sourdough bread/buns.  

Interestingly, despite the AlltShift, hubby is considering a W30 for Jan.  Not sure I’m going there, but he wants to drop some fat before cruise, it worked well for him when we did so a few years ago.  I feel like I have enough on my plate but will support what he wants to do.  Personally have dropped a few lbs in the past few months due to decreased appetite with my MH issues and perhaps med related.

Forgot to mention the polar vortex. Today was -27C with windchill of -40C/F. Brr.

Last edited by Greensprout on Mon Dec 25, 2017 8:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
Greensprout

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Greensprout on Mon Dec 25, 2017 7:59 pm

Here’s where I’m at these days...my head at least. Neutral

https://youtu.be/4N3N1MlvVc4

Last edited by Greensprout on Tue Dec 26, 2017 4:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
Greensprout

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by perennialpam on Tue Dec 26, 2017 8:39 am

Thanks for sharing GS.

It is cold here too. -4F = -20C
perennialpam

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Greensprout on Tue Dec 26, 2017 5:05 pm

Still bloody cold, no need to go anywhere.  Slothful day and have no issues with that.

Booked a Saturday upcoming Escape Room for us, both boys and girlfriends.  Should be fun.  Tomorrow is hubby’s birthday (52). Son #2 isn’t working till 10am, so is planning on making hubby birthday bacon and eggs, I get to partake as well.  Well done kid!

Otherwise, melancholy in mood, as perhaps the previous YouTube linked indicated.  Getting by.  See a psychiatrist early Jan for a med review.  Will see where that goes.  Sleep still restless, but not waking for about 9 hours since I’ve been off work.  Dreams persist.  Wake unrested, but not so bad once up and about.

Last edited by Greensprout on Wed Dec 27, 2017 3:23 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Typo)
Greensprout

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Narrowminded on Tue Dec 26, 2017 8:50 pm

Sounds like a wonderful,holiday for you. Been really cold here to, but based on your temps, my teens probably sound balmy Smile
Narrowminded

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Greensprout on Wed Dec 27, 2017 3:29 pm

Did venture out briefly today, crazy frigid.  Hubby wanted burgers (homemade of course) with oven wedge potato “fries” for birthday meal, which necessitated a run to the butcher and grocery for a few bits.  Also grabbed 10 lbs of wings for tomorrow, unsure if boys will be here or not, but if they are, I fear there will be no leftovers affraid

Deep freeze expected to continue into next week. Hubby returns to work on the 2nd, while I’m off all next week. Plan to focus on self care. Have booked a facial (first in a few years) and may do masssage as well.
Greensprout

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedidoc on Wed Dec 27, 2017 5:50 pm

Good for you focusing on self care. I love my monthly facial and pedicure. Hope you enjoys your facial too.
Pedidoc

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Heuristicfireflower on Wed Dec 27, 2017 11:06 pm

Not, sure what the Escape Room is, but, I'm sounds like an adventure and something to look forward to.
I thought the video was cute.  Kinda calming and fun to see how the kids designed each idea.  I love to imagine the fun they had doing it, sort of touched me.

Massage is always a great treat and very soothing.  Glad to know you'll be enjoying some self time.
Heuristicfireflower

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedidoc on Wed Dec 27, 2017 11:31 pm

Greensprout wrote:Here’s where I’m at these days...my head at least. Neutral

https://youtu.be/4N3N1MlvVc4

I get it, but C. You are so much more then that. I understand that you are in a dark place right now, but please know that is not how others see/feel you. I sincerely hope that you will share this with the counselor. It speaks volumes as to how you are feeling.
Pedidoc

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Greensprout on Thu Dec 28, 2017 12:51 am

K, hear you. Perhaps that was a bit over dramatic. See psychologist again on first day back to work after the holiday. Hanging in. Much family support, for as much as I do choose to share.
Greensprout

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by perennialpam on Thu Dec 28, 2017 5:14 am

Glad for the family support. It means the world I'm sure.

I've been curious about the Escape Rooms that are popping up everywhere. A few of my friends have done one and seem to have enjoyed it. I believe it is something you try once at least.

It is frigid here too but nothing like what you are going through. -14F at 4:30 a.m. today.
perennialpam

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedidoc on Thu Dec 28, 2017 10:07 am

Greensprout wrote:K, hear you.  Perhaps that was a bit over dramatic.  See psychologist again on first day back to work after the holiday.  Hanging in.  Much family support, for as much as I do choose to share.

I'm glad you have the family support and that you are seeing a psychologist. Maybe I worry too much, but it did raise red flags for me. As a health care professional you understand, I'm sure. I'm hoping they get the titration of meds figured out soon.
Pedidoc

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by jeangenie on Thu Dec 28, 2017 12:39 pm

What Pedidoc said. Thinking of you.
jeangenie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Greensprout on Thu Dec 28, 2017 5:23 pm

Am okay, despite fitful sleep from 3am and waking uncomfortable and anxious around 8. Day got better.

Not quite so frigid, but still cold. “Only” -20C/-4F. Took car for a wash, as was truly filthy. Making oven baked hot wings for dinner. Son #1 and girlfriend going to The Nutcracker ballet tonight, how lovely. He says it was “their” idea, but I suspect hers, heheheheh.

Son #2 was coming down with a cold and feeling cruddy the past 2 days, but focused on hydration, vitamins, nutrition and sleep. Woke feeling better today for work, but seems to have passed onto girlfriend, who had to return from work less than 2 hours after she left. Hopefully no germs spread among the rest of us.
Greensprout

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ONTARIO on Thu Dec 28, 2017 5:26 pm

I feel your pain. In Ontario we are near -30 C with the windchill. I read today that it's colder in Winnipeg than it is at the Arctic Circle. Shocked

Canada.....live half your life in winter........  When is summer coming???

ONTARIO

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 32 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 17 ... 32  Next