Every day remains a wandering road

Page 18 of 34 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 26 ... 34  Next

Go down

Every day remains a wandering road - Page 18 Empty Re: Every day remains a wandering road

Post by Greensprout on Thu Apr 19, 2018 6:51 pm

Did ask hubby if he was willing to go, he will if I want him too. Asked psychologist today with the caveat that I was hesitant. She says is fine if we want it, but up to me, and not necessary if he doesn’t feel he has his own issues. Suggested the OSISS family support group for him, but I don’t see it, as he’s not a group kind of guy, plus as a group for spouses, I suspect will be 80% female, which may not be a good fit. Will keep all in mind as time goes by. As will he.

I’m rather exhausted after both appts today. Will be starting the Wellbutrin tomorrow on top of the current meds. See psychiatrist again in 2 weeks. He’s finding me a bit of a puzzle for not responding as expected to standard tx. Still investigating physical potential factors. RBC and HGB on the low side, but WNL. Potential for needing thyroid help. Interestingly, sodium and chloride were a tad low, as was potassium, which seems odd. Kidney function is ok. More labwork to follow.
Greensprout
Greensprout

Back to top Go down

Every day remains a wandering road - Page 18 Empty Re: Every day remains a wandering road

Post by Pedidoc on Thu Apr 19, 2018 7:23 pm

Here's hoping the Wellbutrin works for you.
Pedidoc
Pedidoc

Back to top Go down

Post by marcadav on Thu Apr 19, 2018 7:32 pm

I've been wondering if you had new thyroid test results.

marcadav

Back to top Go down

Post by Greensprout on Thu Apr 19, 2018 7:59 pm

marcadav wrote:I've  been wondering if you had new thyroid test results.
Testing again soon
Greensprout
Greensprout

Back to top Go down

Post by tomi1000 on Fri Apr 20, 2018 2:59 pm

could any of your current meds explain the low electrolytes?

I hope you have good results with the addition of the wellbutrin.

It's good that hubby is willing to go with you. I understand the "not a group" thing. I don't like those either. I've never found any benefit to them. I think people find comfort in being with others who understand what they are going through, but do they really do anyone any good? I think one on one therapy is more helpful in dealing with really tough issues. I am sure you and hubby will figure it out and make the best choice.
tomi1000
tomi1000

Back to top Go down

Post by Greensprout on Fri Apr 20, 2018 6:20 pm

tomi1000 wrote:could any of your current meds explain the low electrolytes?  

I hope you have good results with the addition of the wellbutrin.  

It's good that hubby is willing to go with you.  I understand the "not a group" thing.  I don't like those either.  I've never found any benefit to them.  I think people find comfort in being with others who understand what they are going through, but do they really do anyone any good?  I think one on one therapy is more helpful in dealing with really tough issues.  I am sure you and hubby will figure it out and make the best choice.
Good question re other meds impacting electrolytes, but doc was a bit puzzled. And I think was actually slightly high, not low potassium.

Started the Wellbutrin today. So far isn’t making me feel crappy, so thats positive. In fact, though I had a very sluggish start to the day, I feel not bad tonight, and even got work done on the evals for work (which are late). Promised boss I’d get them to him by end of weekend, which I finally think I can deliver on, now that I’ve finally made a good start. One draft complete, the next ready to start tomorrow.
Greensprout
Greensprout

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedidoc on Fri Apr 20, 2018 6:28 pm

That is a huge accomplishment. I am hopeful that you will continue to feel better with the Wellbutrin.
Pedidoc
Pedidoc

Back to top Go down

Post by Narrowminded on Fri Apr 20, 2018 6:57 pm

Good luck with the Wellbutrin. Maybe that will finally be the ticket.

Tomi has a good idea ie the meds, maybe not one of them individually, but maybe the certain mix of meds you are on are impacting your lytes.
Narrowminded
Narrowminded

Back to top Go down

Post by Greensprout on Sun Apr 22, 2018 8:15 pm

Ok weekend, nothing notable. Since I’ve recently decided to accept friends on FB (very choosy about whom), I’ve had some good messanger chats with old colleagues which is helpful for getting me through some rough patches. Did so Fri and Sat evenings, plus some chat with a military colleague I’ve not met but am connected with on some other groups.

Managed to get through first draft of second pers eval today, should be able to review and send to boss tomorrow as I go into 4th week of sick leave. I seem to have a lot of support out there. Much appreciated.

Sushi on order for delivery tonight...in fact. I think its just arrived!
Greensprout
Greensprout

Back to top Go down

Post by Narrowminded on Mon Apr 23, 2018 8:31 am

Happy to hear you could connect with others who can completely understand where you are and what you are going through. Makes a huge difference.
Narrowminded
Narrowminded

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedidoc on Mon Apr 23, 2018 12:16 pm

Sounds like a productive weekend.
Pedidoc
Pedidoc

Back to top Go down

Post by Greensprout on Mon Apr 23, 2018 6:24 pm

I’m totally disturbed from the events in Toronto today. Son #1 was of do course nowhere near that, but WTF? http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toronto/pedestrians-struck-white-van-1.4631564

Greensprout
Greensprout

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedidoc on Mon Apr 23, 2018 9:08 pm

I immediately thought of you and your family. So sorry for those affected, but so glad it was not you or yours.
Pedidoc
Pedidoc

Back to top Go down

Post by Greensprout on Mon Apr 23, 2018 11:07 pm

I am very disturbed by this event.

Although clearly it doesn’t personally impact me or my family, this will stick in my head for days...prayers for the 10 lives lost plus those 15 fighting to live and all of their families.

Horrible.
Greensprout
Greensprout

Back to top Go down

Post by The Walrus on Tue Apr 24, 2018 4:04 am

What the hell is wrong with people? Many prayers for the recovery of the injured.
The Walrus
The Walrus

Back to top Go down

Post by perennialpam on Tue Apr 24, 2018 7:38 am

Glad you and yours are okay. Sad for those families affected by this indescribable tragedy.

perennialpam
perennialpam

Back to top Go down

Post by Narrowminded on Tue Apr 24, 2018 7:59 am

What an awful tragedy. So thankful you were not directly impacted. Thoughts and prayers going out the the families who were.
Narrowminded
Narrowminded

Back to top Go down

Post by tomi1000 on Tue Apr 24, 2018 4:21 pm

Good job on the work stuff! That really is huge as it takes discipline and motivation to tackle something like that!

I'm sorry for the incident, and sorry it has upset you in this way. I get all upset by this type of thing also - I have had to stop watching any and all news for this reason. The things on the news were causing me to have anxiety and nightmares about really bad things happening. I figure - I can't do anything about the bad things that are reported on the news, and it is their job to "sensationalize" enough to increase viewership and ratings. It is in my own best interest to just not watch or read anything. Maybe it would be good for you to try this also. There is truth to the saying, "Ignorance is bliss" Smile
tomi1000
tomi1000

Back to top Go down

Post by Greensprout on Tue Apr 24, 2018 5:36 pm

Thanks, NM and Tomi.  Staying awar from the news is difficult, as i do have some need to know due to my job, but I agree its too easy to get caught up in the media sensationalizing every last unnecessary detail for ratings.  

Did a dumb move last yesterday (I’ve been along with other med side effects such as mild nausea, low appetite, mild headache and random slight feeling off balance) and fell in the garage.  Putting a handful of bits into large recycle bin whilst twisting sideways on top of 2 steps.  Poor body mechanics for sure.  Anyway, lost balance and fell the 2 steps to concrete floor.  Left wrist seems to have taken the brunt, but bruised knees as well as a tiny one on the chin.  Wrist is a bit swollen and sore, but decent ROM, no pinpoint tenderness on palpating, or crepitus.  Am icing regularly.  I truly don’t think it needs formal check or X-ray.  Will continue to ice and do ROM regularly. From the area of bruising/light swelling it isn’t a typical FOOSH injury.
Greensprout
Greensprout

Back to top Go down

Post by Narrowminded on Tue Apr 24, 2018 5:55 pm

GS so sorry about your fall. Hoping the wrist shows signs of healing quickly. Of course you could look at it as confusing the pain. Concentrating on it verse the other issues.

Hugs
Narrowminded
Narrowminded

Back to top Go down

Post by Meant2Move on Tue Apr 24, 2018 8:09 pm

Dang! Sorry to read of your fall and I hope you will continue to mend without formal care. Not what you needed! Take care.
Meant2Move
Meant2Move

Back to top Go down

Post by Greensprout on Tue Apr 24, 2018 8:34 pm

Wrist seems a bit better tonight, so am quite convinced its just soft tissue injury.

As sick leave ends on the weekend, I had an appt booked with GP for Fri pm. Thus out I’ve been accepted into the OSI clinic chronic pain mgmt group, which meets every 2nd Friday pm. Emailed GP, he says they’ll get me on Wed, so will extend my sick leave until that appt.

Asked psychiatrist last week about how long we should be looking at for adjusting to med changes, he says we’ll pretty much need to reassess that weekly for now... wow. See him on Thurs next, day after seeing GP. Will try in the meantime to shift my bedtime earlier so I don’t sleep till 11am every day. Last night was bed at 11, was awake at 0930
Greensprout
Greensprout

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedidoc on Wed Apr 25, 2018 5:36 am

The waking up seems to be improving. Hopeful the Welbutrin is working for you.
Pedidoc
Pedidoc

Back to top Go down

Post by Narrowminded on Wed Apr 25, 2018 8:58 am

GS I’m surprised by the weekly med checks. Everything I know about SSRI’s is that they take more than a week to get up to speed, so I would guess that changes wouldn’t be appearant in just a week either.

I know when I was on Celexa, when starting they said 6 weeks, same for Zoloft. I find it interesting they change you so often.

Narrowminded
Narrowminded

Back to top Go down

Post by Greensprout on Wed Apr 25, 2018 1:21 pm

NM, I get what you’re saying. I’ve been on the celexa since perhaps Sep or Oct, started the Effexor when I got in with Psych in Jan with an immediate regime of increasing dosage every 1-2 weeks. Since starting to taper off, it’s more closely monitored due to side effects and we’ve slowed the taper, while starting the Wellbutrin. This is all via Psych. My GP is more of following the rest, and the occupational health side, like medical employment limitations, ordering lab work, sending other referrals as needed. As the GP placed me on sick leave, he needs to reassess at the end of that period for readiness to return to work full time, part time, or not yet. Make any sense?

The wrist does feel better today, less swollen, so clearly nothing serious. Not up today until 10.

Still need to finish last parts of evals, concentration still sucks. The news on Monday’s tragedy threw me totally off that day, and yesterday I tried, but spent many hours staring at the laptop looking for the right works to type. Is priority for today.

Otherwise, still feeling consistent mild nausea (meds) daytime fatigue and periods of anxiety. Boo. Periodic mild headache as well.
Greensprout
Greensprout

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 18 of 34 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 26 ... 34  Next