Every day remains a wandering road

Page 1 of 30 1, 2, 3 ... 15 ... 30  Next

Go down

Every day remains a wandering road

Post by Greensprout on Sun Dec 10, 2017 7:42 pm

Okay, perhaps a new journal is in order. In a turmoil and transition phase. More on that later.

Winter is here, with the cold weather, occasional cruddy driving conditions, sunrise past 8am and sunset before 430pm. Is when after coming home from work the only thought is putting on the fuzzy Jammie pants and turning on the fireplace.

Dealing with my physical and mental health/PTSD issues. Not sure where all is going yet, but carrying on. Fortunately, I have a very supportive boss, which helps tremendously.

Primal dinner of oven baked hot wings and coleslaw in progress.
Greensprout

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Every day remains a wandering road

Post by The Walrus on Sun Dec 10, 2017 7:54 pm

Mmmmmmm nom nom nom. I'll be right over (in spirit at least.)

So glad to see you here. We are gathering a good portion of the tribe here and it's a good place.
The Walrus

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by tomi1000 on Sun Dec 10, 2017 8:10 pm

Hi Greensprout! so fun seeing everyone here now!
tomi1000

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedidoc on Sun Dec 10, 2017 9:27 pm

Glad you are here GS. I think of you daily and am sending positive thoughts your way. I'm glad your boss is understanding and hope you are getting comfortable with the counsler. Please try and check in even if it to say I'm home in my jammies, I worry.
Pedidoc

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Greensprout on Sun Dec 10, 2017 9:52 pm

Thanks, TW, Tomi and Pedi.  Hanging in. Staying primal on the food front, though appetite has been down for a while. May be med related, or not.  Seem to have dropped 5 lbs or so over the past couple of months without making an effort to do so.  Yet I’m not physically active, so likely not loss of good mass.  Have a work connected laptop, so some mornings (which are my most discombulated times) I can work from home (or at least monitor emails) without the pressure of having to get in to the office early.  A strange place indeed.  Many mornings wake from disturbing dreams in a wired, activated state, not a good pace to be, so I need some time those days.  

Glad to be here, and among friends.
Greensprout

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Narrowminded on Sun Dec 10, 2017 11:43 pm

Hi GS good to see you here. I’m a bit behind on what’s going on with you due the the state MDA had been in, but sending positive thoughts your way.
Narrowminded

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Annieh on Mon Dec 11, 2017 1:49 am

Hi Greensprout.

Wow, those daylight hours are really short at the moment.

Keep on Grokking on.
Annieh

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lovebird on Mon Dec 11, 2017 3:31 am

A new journal for Greensprout! Yay. So nice to have you here too.
Lovebird

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by perennialpam on Mon Dec 11, 2017 5:16 am

Hi GS. Glad you are working on your issue and have a supportive boss. I hear you on the small daylight hours although mine may a bit longer.

perennialpam

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Greensprout on Mon Dec 11, 2017 8:55 pm

We’ve decided to go very minimalist for Christmas, Hubby spoke with both boys, nobody really needs anything, so focus will be more on collective experiences. Special meals with group participation (as both boys have restaurant experience), games, perhaps museums, and so on. Takes the pressure off, which works for me, as my last forays into a mall felt very overwhelming and uncomfortable. I think this will be good.

Tonight’s meal was pan fried burger patties (in bacon fat of course) with roasted veg mix - cauli, garlic, red onion, eggplant, yellow and orange peppers, zucchini.

Nice to see friends here. While I may be sporadic in comments, I will be reading. Thanks, all.
Greensprout

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by jeangenie on Tue Dec 12, 2017 3:37 am

Minimalist is a good idea. I decorate the house much less these days - the kids want us to go to them for Christmas anyway and DS, who comes for a couple of days, only ever gets out his ready decorated Christmas tree and stands it in the living room!
jeangenie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by perennialpam on Tue Dec 12, 2017 9:55 am

I have to admit I have not put up my own little tree in a few years. I miss it but the work of decorating and then un-decorating for simply me just does not make sense. Perhaps when i get older and have visitors again I will. With my mom and not being able to get her into my house, well the tree has been a thing of the past. I like minimalist very much. I do have my grapevine wreath wrapped in lights hung. All I have to do is hang it in the backyard and string the electrical cord out there. Good thing I did that a couple of weeks back as the snow now covers the cord (which I like very much).
perennialpam

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Heuristicfireflower on Tue Dec 12, 2017 3:04 pm

Nice to see your journal starting here, GS. I really like that idea of sharing collective experiences with loved ones. Those are the memories that stick. I know some days I can only read and too many distractions some days to post. But, this is a definitely a good place for support.
Heuristicfireflower

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by jeangenie on Tue Dec 12, 2017 4:26 pm

I bought some new outdoor lights this year with loads of cable. Only one problem - the controller is at the end of the lights with all the cable after that and they are hung from the guttering so we have to go up a ladder every time we want to alter the settings!! Very Happy
jeangenie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Narrowminded on Tue Dec 12, 2017 7:16 pm

DS and I just had that same convo this afternoon. He said your list only had 2 things on it. Yup, nothing I need and I'm trying to get rid of things, not add to them. I did put up some decos, but only for DD. I don't always comment either.
Narrowminded

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Greensprout on Tue Dec 12, 2017 10:32 pm

We will do the tree, hubby has outdoor lights on and a table runner in the kitchen. Not doing gifts, although there will be some cash for boys for some stuff. Our gift is a cruise (as of yet not booked) for Feb/March.

Sorting though my medical issues. Still some referrals pending. Administratively, looks like I’m on the path to a medical release from the organization, though am likely to be retained in current job for a few years. Gives me time to work through the medical issues while retaining the option to depart with 30 days notice should I decide it’s time to do so.
Greensprout

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedidoc on Tue Dec 12, 2017 10:51 pm

That sounds like a great plan. I did have the thought with the decreased daylight hours of do you have some SAD? It would exacerbate the other issues, so something to consider.

Cruise - the ABC islands were fantastic!
Pedidoc

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by perennialpam on Wed Dec 13, 2017 9:25 am

Pedi---GS --- Just read my AARP about brain health and there are reasons to use a light for the loss of daylight...not only for depression but for health of the gut and brain. Who knew?

I like that you have a plan in place. It leaves you the option and may help with your frustration in the future. Bless you GS.
perennialpam

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Greensprout on Wed Dec 13, 2017 8:56 pm

Pedi, SAD is an interesting thought. I have intentions when we move to the west coast about getting a SAD lamp, as its often overcast and rainy. We do get a LOT of bright sun in winters here, but usually either during indoor work hours or its just too damn cold to have any decent skin exposure. Perhaps something to consider this winter, certainly couldn’t hurt. ABC islands??? Looking at Caribbean somewhere.

PPam, thanks for your thoughts.

Keeping on one day at a time in the meantime. Will be on break from work from 22 Dec till 8 Jan, though on call duty from tomorrow through 27 Dec. basically just monitoring pager/emails unless something comes up.

Son #2 has last class tonight for the repeating math and English from high school to improve grades with intent to apply for business degree at local uni next fall. Has done well at recommitting to studies after 3 years with goals in mind. Son #1 currently on the road back to Toronto to resume college classes for Jan, but will fly back home for Christmas break probably this weekend.

Dinner today was chicken breast, rice and green beans. Don’t think I actually had a meal last night, was leftover cleanup and I wasn’t feeling it.
Greensprout

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedidoc on Wed Dec 13, 2017 10:05 pm

Aruba, Curaçao, and Bonair.

Why don't you try a light now? If it helps great. If not you gave it for when you move.
Pedidoc

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Greensprout on Wed Dec 13, 2017 10:31 pm

Last Panama’s canal cruise, we did stop at Aruba (snorkeled) and Curaçao (hubby was having some gi distress, we just hit some shops and I bought some tanzanite jewelry. Just planning to look at what’s available for the timeframe that works for us and just go.

May have to start perusing amazon for a SAD light. Could always put it on when getting ready for work in the pre dawn hours.

Also looking for places nearby for therapeutic massage. The neurologist I saw some months back who did a crap ton of investigations for the lingering carpal tunnel/neuralgia issues recommended it, along with physio and accupuncture. I did have physio with accupuncture for a while, but massage isn’t covered under our plan. Case manager I’ve now seen suggested just doing it out of pocket. Truly, we’re a bit spoiled in the service, that we don’t think about paying for medical treatment, but I can afford to do some regular therapeutic massage therapy. Just sorting through the places not too far from home. Some good prospects, and not unreasonable costs. Just have to actually make an appointment. Seems indulgent to me, who is frugal in some areas but clearly not in others. As its for my health and wellbeing, seems a reasonable investment.
Greensprout

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedidoc on Wed Dec 13, 2017 11:28 pm

Sounds like you are being proactive. I've got a tanzanite bracelet, ring, and earrings. All procured at different times.

I say get the light!
Pedidoc

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Annieh on Thu Dec 14, 2017 5:34 am

I looked up tanzanite. It is very beautiful.
Annieh

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by perennialpam on Thu Dec 14, 2017 7:48 am

I agree with Pedi, re: the light. I'm considering one too.

And that tanzanite is gorgeous.
perennialpam

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rig D on Thu Dec 14, 2017 8:37 am

+1 on the light. A friend of mine lived here for about 5 years and found that sitting under this kind of light was mandatory. The family finally gave up on Ohio and returned to Florida.
Rig D

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 30 1, 2, 3 ... 15 ... 30  Next