Moving Forward Toward Better Health

Page 40 of 40 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40

Go down

Re: Moving Forward Toward Better Health

Post by perennialpam on Wed Apr 11, 2018 9:00 am

Well at least it was timely since you are already scheduled with your doc.

Sorry.

I've never had an aspiration but I know many males in my family have had it for their knees. I could not watch that as my fear of needles is too high due to a teasing father when young. haha
perennialpam

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Vh67 on Wed Apr 11, 2018 4:22 pm

I am sorry about the fluid! Hopefully the aspiration isn't too painful. You deserve for it to feel like puppy kisses!

Vh67

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedidoc on Wed Apr 11, 2018 5:36 pm

Thanks, Pam and V. It did not feel like "puppy kisses." Three separate pokes with an 18 gauge needle and 120 cc later it was gone. Now I get to wear a rectangular piece of 1/2 inch thick foam between skin and compression garment to put extra pressure on the area. I get to go back Monday morning at 8:30 for more probable aspirations. She is being quite nice as her father is having surgery Monday and she is coming into the office just for me since I go back out of town Tuesday.

I was glad DH did the driving today. We did do lunch out and got in some good conversation. Dropped off returns, went by the bank, did groceries, and topped off the gas tank for my trip tomorrow. I promptly took a nap when we got home.

I picked up a rotisserie chicken and a bag salad for dinner because that is about all I can face putting together at this point.
Pedidoc

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by tomi1000 on Wed Apr 11, 2018 6:31 pm

wow - productive, but exhausting day! Sorry about the fluid build up - icky 18 gauge is a honker!

I had some fluid build up when I had my gall bladder out - but the incision didn't close up all the way - so I just palpated the area and drained off the fluid. It wasn't much - about 2 TB per day for about week, then the whole closed up and it was all fine. I suppose thats totally normal.

Hoping for no more needles for you!
tomi1000

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedidoc on Wed Apr 11, 2018 6:36 pm

tomi1000 wrote:wow - productive, but exhausting day!  Sorry about the fluid build up - icky 18 gauge is a honker!

I had some fluid build up when I had my gall bladder out - but the incision didn't close up all the way - so I just palpated the area and drained off the fluid.  It wasn't much - about 2 TB per day for about week, then the whole closed up and it was all fine.  I suppose thats totally normal.  

Hoping for no more needles for you!

Thanks, Tomi.
Pedidoc

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Greensprout on Wed Apr 11, 2018 7:40 pm

Ouch on the 3 pokes with an 18 gauge...not fun. Hopefully thats the last of it. Sleep well tonight.
Greensprout

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedidoc on Wed Apr 11, 2018 8:52 pm

Greensprout wrote:Ouch on the 3 pokes with an 18 gauge...not fun.  Hopefully thats the last of it.  Sleep well tonight.

Thanks, GS. I'm thinking bed is coming pretty quick now. I'm pretty sure Monday will bring more fluid aspirations, but am trying not to think too much about it.
Pedidoc

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedidoc on Thu Apr 12, 2018 9:58 am

Decent sleep considering how tight and uncomfortable the compression garment is. I am up and moving a bit before I have to be. I need to get ready and packed. Then I hit the road for a 4-hour drive. I will probably stop about halfway and have some lunch.
Pedidoc

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Narrowminded on Thu Apr 12, 2018 12:57 pm

So sorry you had to have the aspirations. Not fun at all. Praying no more will be needed and the compression garment will do it’s trick.

Take you time and be careful today.
Narrowminded

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedidoc on Thu Apr 12, 2018 4:20 pm

Narrowminded wrote:So sorry you had to have the aspirations.  Not fun at all.  Praying no more will be needed and the compression garment will do it’s trick.

Take you time and be careful today.

Thanks, NM. I arrived safely.
Pedidoc

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedidoc on Thu Apr 12, 2018 8:35 pm

I got registered and then made the decision that I was done for the day. Cleaned my face, changed into nighttime pressure garment and nightgown. Did some email catching up and then ordered room service. Ate about 3/4 of my chicken tortilla soup and 1/2 of my corn tortilla quesadilla. Enjoyed a nice glass of pinot noir with dinner. I keep forgetting with the pressure garment, I can not eat much. Early day tomorrow, so I will turn lights out by 10 so I can try and get 8+a bit hours of sleep.
Pedidoc

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedidoc on Fri Apr 13, 2018 8:22 am

Restless sleep last night. Up about every 2 hours, but able to drop back to sleep easily thankfully.

Enjoying a cup of coffee while my hair finishes drying. My fluid baby is back - I can only imagine how big it will be by Monday.

Time to get ready to start the conference.
Pedidoc

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by perennialpam on Fri Apr 13, 2018 8:54 am

Mad
perennialpam

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Vh67 on Fri Apr 13, 2018 1:09 pm

So sorry to hear about the most unwanted fluid baby. And even more sorry to hear that the removal of the last one did not feel like puppy kisses. I have to admit, when I have unpleasant things done, I scroll through a list happy things and puppy kisses are one of the things I think of. It keeps me from punching people, which is frowned upon.

Enjoy your trip!
Vh67

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Narrowminded on Fri Apr 13, 2018 5:20 pm

Kathi so sorry about the fluid baby. Guess losing Danny was a bit premature. Sad
Narrowminded

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedidoc on Fri Apr 13, 2018 8:59 pm

Vh67 wrote:So sorry to hear about the most unwanted fluid baby.  And even more sorry to hear that the removal of the last one did not feel like puppy kisses.  I have to admit, when I have unpleasant things done, I scroll through a list happy things and puppy kisses are one of the things I think of.   It keeps me from punching people, which is frowned upon.

Enjoy your trip!

Thank you, V. My surgeon knows I visualize a warm beach and watching the waves while doing Lamaze breathing.

-------

http://primalforums.forumotion.com/viewtopic.forum?t=217
Pedidoc

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 40 of 40 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40