Moving Forward Toward Better Health

Page 29 of 40 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30 ... 34 ... 40  Next

Go down

Re: Moving Forward Toward Better Health

Post by Pedidoc on Sat Mar 03 2018, 22:56

Narrowminded wrote:Happy to hear things are moving along nicely as far as surgery goes.

Hope it you were able to finish your meal prep today.

So sorry the car had to go back to the shop.

I may end up finishing prep tomorrow, as I took an hour nap today.

Car issue was caused by wrong part. Correct part will be ordered Monday and repair done for free. Car is safe and drivable until sensor is replaced.
Pedidoc

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedidoc on Sun Mar 04 2018, 16:21

Good sleep last night. In the home stretch with the meals. I've got French onion soup on the stove, mini pancake banana muffins in the oven, and am getting ready to make some chocolate protein smoothies.

I still need to clean my office. It is on the list for today, but I am not sure I will get to it.

Sausage and kale soup for dinner.
Pedidoc

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedidoc on Sun Mar 04 2018, 23:00

Finished up the cooking. For myself, I have two different smoothies, about 12 breakfast bowls, 16 helpings of either a potato, chicken casserole or green chicken enchilada casserole, 4 quarts of roasted red pepper tomato soup and 4 quarts of French onion soup (no bread, obviously). Felix has a selection of easy to heat up, toddler approved foods. I also added a dinner of spaghetti sauce and one of chili (with some pumpkin and carrot puree snuck in) and 4 2x4 pans of sweet potato brownies.

Had a meet and greet with the lady who will be watching the dogs when youngest gets married. Closer to May, we will do another one at her house, as that is where she will watch them. Mom brought Rodney over, so he could weigh in also. They were all over her, even Shilo who is slow to warm up gave her kisses and sat on her lap. It seems like it will be a good situation for them with 2 walks a day, supervised outside visits, and being able to sleep with humans if they want all for less than a formal kennel.

Took a rather long nap. Just feel like I am moving sluggishly through mud. Okay, off to get dinner started in the IP.
Pedidoc

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by perennialpam on Mon Mar 05 2018, 14:32

I have begun giving into daytime naps too.  Seems as if I need them even though I am getting more sleep these last few weeks.  Glad you take naps too.  My family was against napping.  

Sounds good for the doggy daycare you have scheduled.  I cannot believe they get to sleep with the people too.  I am not that open about my grand dog sleeping with me.  You are lucky.  

All your prep should be no surprise but surprised I am.  You do such an outstanding job of prep!
perennialpam

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedidoc on Mon Mar 05 2018, 16:11

perennialpam wrote:I have begun giving into daytime naps too.  Seems as if I need them even though I am getting more sleep these last few weeks.  Glad you take naps too.  My family was against napping.  

Sounds good for the doggy daycare you have scheduled.  I cannot believe they get to sleep with the people too.  I am not that open about my grand dog sleeping with me.  You are lucky.  

All your prep should be no surprise but surprised I am.  You do such an outstanding job of prep!

DH is against naps, but has given up saying anything to me about them.

Shilo and Romeo sleep on my bed and Rodney sleeps on my parent's bed. Juliet likes her own bed.

The prep helps me feel more in control of the situation.
Pedidoc

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedidoc on Mon Mar 05 2018, 16:14

Great sleep again last night. Up about 30 minutes before my alarm went off.

Today I have lunch with mom (I am trying to do once a month and have been successful so far). Conference call late afternoon. Dinner out with youngest and fiance to celebrate their January birthdays.
Pedidoc

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Meant2Move on Mon Mar 05 2018, 20:28

That sounds like a really good situation for your dogs. It is so much easier being away (or very busy) knowing that they are well cared for.
Meant2Move

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Narrowminded on Mon Mar 05 2018, 23:40

Sounds like everything is falling into place.

Those of you who can nap have my utmost respect. I can’t do it. Even when I lose a lot of sleep with DH. I feel so awe FIL when I wake and for like an hour after. Then I can’t sleep when I go to bed.

DD’s BF is a napper and it bugs her as she’s more like me.
Narrowminded

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedidoc on Tue Mar 06 2018, 13:58

Meant2Move wrote:That sounds like a really good situation for your dogs. It is so much easier being away (or very busy) knowing that they are well cared for.

It makes it less hectic when we get home as they are not stressed out.
Pedidoc

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedidoc on Tue Mar 06 2018, 14:00

Narrowminded wrote:Sounds like everything is falling into place.

Those of you who can nap have my utmost respect. I can’t do it. Even when I lose a lot of sleep with DH. I feel so awe FIL when I wake and for like an hour after. Then I can’t sleep when I go to bed.

DD’s BF is a napper and it bugs her as she’s more like me.

I alternate between needing a nap and not. I have learned to go with the flow when my body wants one. Usually, I am dealing with stressful issues or trying to get sick and if I do not nap it results in a harsher penalty to my body.
Pedidoc

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedidoc on Tue Mar 06 2018, 14:10

Decent sleep last night. Up early to do a phone interview. The Dean wanted me to go in and I had planned to until the meeting that was scheduled for later in the morning was canceled. I refuse to drive 2 hours round trip for a 15-30 minute phone interview that can be done from home.

Dinner with son and fiance went well. Clarified some options for the rehearsal dinner. Hard to believe it will all happen in 3 months. She is doing well in school and was able to go PT at work. He is staying busy at work as a field training officer and is downsizing on his off-duty jobs. He used them for "play" money and does not depend on them to pay regular bills.

After the interview, I may go back to bed as I am still tired. I know I am actively dreaming every night, which I think is not helping me to actually rest. Lately, I have been running from groups of people or working on huge curriculum issues in my dreams.

I still have not cleaned my office. I may do that today. We shall see. I really need to get it done before surgery since I will not be able to lift for several weeks afterward. I also need to catch up on grading, as this is the final week for online classes. I have to submit final grades by Monday but am shooting to have all three classes done by Sunday.

Chicken Cacciatore with cauliflower rice for dinner tonight.
Pedidoc

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedidoc on Tue Mar 06 2018, 19:51

Great phone interview. I hope it works out and she comes on board.

I went back to bed and read, dozed, and read some more. Basically, today has turned into a very lazy day. The office cleaning will not happen today.

Grading catch up is underway.
Pedidoc

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The Walrus on Tue Mar 06 2018, 22:46

I have very strange napping habits - I find very short periods very refreshing, ten minutes or so. I have found that is it better to just go with it and sleep rather that try to power through the sleepiness. Ten minutes should not be long enough to get any real rest, but it works for me.

I'm having a lazy day myself! But even your lazy days put me to shame. Smile
The Walrus

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedidoc on Wed Mar 07 2018, 11:32

The Walrus wrote:I have very strange napping habits - I find very short periods very refreshing, ten minutes or so.  I have found that is it better to just go with it and sleep rather that try to power through the sleepiness.  Ten minutes should not be long enough to get any real rest, but it works for me.

I'm having a lazy day myself!  But even your lazy days put me to shame. Smile

Yes, I find it is better to give in to the need to rest too.
Pedidoc

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedidoc on Wed Mar 07 2018, 11:35

Went to bed very early last night. Turned phone off when I went to bed as usual, but since it was early I missed a couple of calls and emails. Oh well, I answered the emails this morning at 4 am. Read until about 8:30 and then lights out for fairly decent sleep. Awake about 15 minutes before my alarm.

Having to pay a bit more attention to getting ready this morning as I am having professional photos done at work. It is time to redo my faculty photo. I have several meetings today on campus and will do grading in between.

Chicken wings for dinner.
Pedidoc

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Annieh on Wed Mar 07 2018, 21:12

I'm glad you got some beauty sleep in before photo day Smile

It can hardly matter about missing the emails, surely you cannot be continually available at all hours, even if it does seem early to other people.

Have a lovely day, with chicken wings to look forward to later.
Annieh

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedidoc on Wed Mar 07 2018, 23:29

Annieh wrote:I'm glad you got some beauty sleep in before photo day Smile

It can hardly matter about missing the emails, surely you cannot be continually available at all hours, even if it does seem early to other people.

Have a lovely day, with chicken wings to look forward to later.

Thanks, Annieh.
Pedidoc

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedidoc on Wed Mar 07 2018, 23:34

Met with the Dean when I got in at 5.  Got a chunk of grading completed along with some paperwork.  Met with 2 faulty and 2 students.  Attended a faculty meeting while eating lunch.   Picture done - I don't look like a serial killer. Laughing

Had to pick up the FMLA paperwork from the surgeon on my way home because HR did not like that it was not the original forms (it was scanned and printed).  Got home and had another student and another faculty conference.  Still, need to do one more faculty conference.   Submitted all the textbooks needed for MSN courses this summer.

Chicken wings ready to be consumed.

Tomorrow is tax day! affraid
Pedidoc

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by perennialpam on Thu Mar 08 2018, 12:21

So much for the use of computers in this "paperless" society! Follow the rules Pedi. haha

Glad you like your picture. I am not happy looking at pictures of myself no matter how people think they resemble me.

I hate tax day.
perennialpam

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Narrowminded on Thu Mar 08 2018, 14:48

Glad your picture turned out to your satisfaction.

Sorry for the double paper work to do.

Sounds like you did get a lot accomplished yesterday.
Narrowminded

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedidoc on Thu Mar 08 2018, 14:53

perennialpam wrote:So much for the use of computers in this "paperless" society!  Follow the rules Pedi.  haha

Glad you like your picture.  I am not happy looking at pictures of myself no matter how people think they resemble me.  

I hate tax day.

What was so odd, was we submitted exactly the same way we did two years ago when I was having all the breast surgeries.

I do not care for photos of myself, but at least I do not look like a serial killer! Razz

Yes, I hate the day I do taxes, but I can not do them next week with Felix and then it is surgery. I really do not want them hanging over my head while I recover.
Pedidoc

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedidoc on Thu Mar 08 2018, 14:55

Narrowminded wrote:Glad your picture turned out to your satisfaction.  

Sorry for the double paper work to do.

Sounds like you did get a lot accomplished yesterday.

Thanks, NM.

DH got an email last night that the FMLA was approved and he just needed to turn in the original signature page, which he has done this morning. He now can take 1-2 days of 4-8 hours each per week for the next year and blame it on me.
Pedidoc

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedidoc on Thu Mar 08 2018, 14:58

Decent sleep last night. Stayed up way too late watching Pitch Perfect again. I do not know why I like these movies, but I find them relaxing to watch.

Got up several hours before I had to. Getting ready to start organizing the deductions and paperwork (it is in file categories already) that helps make entering information into Turbo Tax much easier. I hope to be done today but have blocked additional time tomorrow evening if needed.

Leftovers for dinner tonight.
Pedidoc

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedidoc on Fri Mar 09 2018, 05:47

Taxes mostly done. I need to do a final review and then submit them. Stayed within my +/- pay/refund allowance, so I'm happy. Once they are filed, I will put away all supporting documents and file what I've gotten so far for this year.
Pedidoc

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Narrowminded on Fri Mar 09 2018, 14:32

Good job on your taxes. Mine are ready to go, just need to get the elctronic signatures to my accountant. That’s on todays docket.

Sounds like you are ready to go for this surgery with everything in place.
Narrowminded

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 29 of 40 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30 ... 34 ... 40  Next