Moving Forward Toward Better Health

Page 25 of 40 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 32 ... 40  Next

Go down

Re: Moving Forward Toward Better Health

Post by Pedidoc on Wed Feb 14, 2018 8:53 pm

I'm sorry, Annieh some how I totally missed your question.

Camomile tea is okay. I prefer either English or Irish breakfast, but the caffeine would keep me up. I only do the herbal at night.
Pedidoc

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedidoc on Wed Feb 14, 2018 8:55 pm

I've decided that instead of giving something up for Lent, I will take on a good habit. I'm going for 10,000 steps a day - motivated by my family here. Started late today, so it will take a concentrated effort.

Bacon baked in the oven for tomorrow.
Pedidoc

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Meant2Move on Wed Feb 14, 2018 9:05 pm

That is a wonderful idea, such a good habit to get into!
Meant2Move

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Heuristicfireflower on Wed Feb 14, 2018 10:37 pm

Oh NO! Hernia! Hope it's over and dealt with and not too painful.

Pedidoc wrote:I've decided that instead of giving something up for Lent, I will take on a good habit.

Like the way that sounds. 10,000 steps is an excellent way to go.
Heuristicfireflower

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by tomi1000 on Thu Feb 15, 2018 2:43 am

Yeah for bacon! and good choice on the steps!
tomi1000

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedidoc on Thu Feb 15, 2018 10:41 am

Meant2Move wrote:That is a wonderful idea, such a good habit to get into!  

Thanks, M2M, I never would have been in a good head place to even contemplate it before this year.
Pedidoc

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedidoc on Thu Feb 15, 2018 10:42 am

Heuristicfireflower wrote:Oh NO!  Hernia! Hope it's over and dealt with and not too painful.  

Pedidoc wrote:I've decided that instead of giving something up for Lent, I will take on a good habit.

Like the way that sounds.  10,000 steps is an excellent way to go.  

Hernia repair may have to wait. The insurance is being a PIA, about it. We will see what happens as it is out of my control - worrying about it will not help.

Here is to developing good habits!
Pedidoc

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedidoc on Thu Feb 15, 2018 10:43 am

tomi1000 wrote:Yeah for bacon!  and good choice on the steps!  

I had bacon for a snack last night and for breakfast this morning.
Pedidoc

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedidoc on Thu Feb 15, 2018 10:53 am

Great sleep last night. I got in about 9.5 hours. Was woken up by the sound of the Basset hound trying to yak - a sound guaranteed to get you to leap out of bed and run frantically to the back door! Laughing So I was up about 90 minutes before my alarm was to go off. Good thing I did my mindfulness when I woke up while DH was showering.

Feet were not surprisingly a bit sore this morning, but the NSAIDs seem to have fixed the issue. I am doing the coffee, bacon, and catch up thing before starting to work on getting in 2,000 steps before leaving for lunch with mom (rescheduled from Monday).

Even though I started around 4 pm my time, I got a few hundred over 10,000 steps in yesterday. I have a circle through the downstairs that is about 300 steps. I can do that during commercials easily.

Today is lunch with mom as mentioned. When I get home I need to pay bills and make some phone calls. I also want to make my sausage egg scramble and portion it out for the next few days breakfasts.

Dinner is meatloaf, vegetables, and either mashed potato (not sure how I feel about using chicken broth to make them) or some other W30 allowable starch.

Okay, off to do some "laps."
Pedidoc

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Meant2Move on Thu Feb 15, 2018 1:19 pm

Go you! Set the internal expectation and then make it happen!
Meant2Move

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Narrowminded on Thu Feb 15, 2018 6:22 pm

So sorry the insurance is being a pain. Curious as to the rational that a her is doesn’t need repaired?

Probably too late for your dinner, but coconut milk works nicely in mashed potatoes, along with ghee.

Great job adding 10,000 steps. Yup it actually winds up being fairly easy to get steps doing laps around the house
Narrowminded

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedidoc on Fri Feb 16, 2018 5:03 am

Meant2Move wrote:Go you!  Set the internal expectation and then make it happen!

Thank you, M2M. You are a great cheerleader!
Pedidoc

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedidoc on Fri Feb 16, 2018 5:05 am

Narrowminded wrote:So sorry the insurance is being a pain. Curious as to the rational that a her is doesn’t need repaired?

Probably too late for your dinner, but coconut milk works nicely in mashed potatoes, along with ghee.

Great job adding 10,000 steps. Yup it actually winds up being fairly easy to get steps doing laps around the house

We have found in the past that the insurance will deny usually twice before they finally say yes. So it is a matter of playing the game.

Good to know about the coconut milk for the future.

The dogs think I am crazy walking in circles... Rolling Eyes
Pedidoc

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedidoc on Fri Feb 16, 2018 5:21 am

Great sleep last night. Woke up before the alarm by about an hour. Got in my mindfulness. Have showered and now have some extra time to catch up. I am letting the NSAIDs kick in then I am going to work on getting the first 2,000 steps in.

Have another appointment scheduled with the surgeon so we can strategize the insurance. I think one of the issues is it is a hernia that happens more frequently to women versus men. IMHO men's health issues are more easily covered.

I got 10,000 and change yesterday. The first week I am happy to get to 10,000 and anything extra is nice. As the days go on, I will see if I can do a personal best each day, but for now the fact that I am doing 10,000 daily is great.

Going into the university. Have to get my office cleaned up before the site visit next week. My desk is an organized mess. I've got 2 meetings and need to grade while I have two monitors. I ordered what I need for a home split monitor set up and after I get my office cleaned and the sofa table I ordered to use in my office for the set up to get in I will get it set up. I am looking at eventually getting the stand that goes up and down so I can do some standing computer work, which is why I needed the sofa table versus my current desk that has a hutch on it. I probably will not get it done this weekend, but may if everything works out.

Dinner tonight for me is leftover ginger shrimp with veg. DH is having cheese quesadillas.
Pedidoc

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by perennialpam on Fri Feb 16, 2018 5:26 am

Pedidoc wrote:The dogs think I am crazy walking in circles... Rolling Eyes

Sounds like when I try to clean my DGDog's paws in the snow in the back yard of her house. She follows though. Laughing

Good luck on getting the medical assistance you need. Perhaps all this asking is what starts adding up the insurance costs. Stupid.
perennialpam

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedidoc on Fri Feb 16, 2018 5:27 am

perennialpam wrote:
Pedidoc wrote:The dogs think I am crazy walking in circles... Rolling Eyes

Sounds like when I try to clean my DGDog's paws in the snow in the back yard of her house.  She follows though.  Laughing

Good luck on getting the medical assistance you need.  Perhaps all this asking is what starts adding up the insurance costs.  Stupid.

Agreed, and there I go being a "Questioner" again.

The dogs start out walking with me and then stand and watch me then finally go to bed.
Pedidoc

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedidoc on Sat Feb 17, 2018 7:23 am

Decent sleep last night - woke up much earlier then I had to.

Dogs and I are going to have our hair done today.

Day 28 W30, Day 29 Mindfulness, Day 17 Squats, Day 4 10,000 steps (pending completion)

Chili for dinner tonight. Thinking of going out to dinner tomorrow night. If we do, I may be done with W30, but we will see.
Pedidoc

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Narrowminded on Sat Feb 17, 2018 10:51 am

Hopefully you can get the insurance to finally agree to the surgery

Only 2 days left of the W30, you can do it.
Narrowminded

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedidoc on Sat Feb 17, 2018 5:26 pm

Narrowminded wrote:Hopefully you can get the insurance to finally agree to the surgery

Only 2 days left of the W30, you can do it.

Insurance will probably eventually come around - just may not be on my time schedule.

2 days - we will see. I feel less pressure on myself to finish it, because I have given myself permission to end when it feels right.
Pedidoc

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedidoc on Sat Feb 17, 2018 5:27 pm

Dogs and I are home with freshly done hair. I have managed to get in a bit over 7,000 steps even with the hair appointment. Spent a lot of the time walking around the salon instead of sitting while I was processing.

House smells wonderfully of chili!

DH is on the way home from work.
Pedidoc

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Annieh on Sun Feb 18, 2018 5:28 am

Herbal tea at night is a wise choice.

Hey I like your Lenten goal. Good work on it so far.
Annieh

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedidoc on Sun Feb 18, 2018 11:43 am

Annieh wrote:Herbal tea at night is a wise choice.

Hey I like your Lenten goal.  Good work on it so far.

Thanks, Annieh. I can definitely tell I have been walking more than I am used to, but hoping that the odd aches and pains gradually resolve as my body gets used to it.
Pedidoc

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedidoc on Sun Feb 18, 2018 12:15 pm

Lights were out by 9:00 last night. Had some waking for brief moments and did mindfulness before falling back to sleep and being woken by the alarm at 9:30 this morning. I figure I got about 11.5 hours of sleep. I felt a bit groggy, but as I have had coffee, done some walking, ate a breakfast scramble, and started on chores, I am feeling more alert and oriented.

Today I finished up grading for patho. I will go over and grade for theory after this and will be caught up for the first time since the semester started. I've got a load of laundry going, need to clean my closet, try on some boot that came last week, and then start packing. I am trying to get 500 steps done in-between the other stuff (about every 30 minutes).

Dinner tonight will be at a steakhouse. I will forgo the wine, but I am thinking about sides and if I want a baked potato with butter and sour cream. We shall see.
Pedidoc

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Narrowminded on Sun Feb 18, 2018 1:13 pm

Wow, you always amaze me with the length of time you can sleep. I can’t remember ever sleeping that long.

Sounds like a productive day as well.
Narrowminded

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedidoc on Sun Feb 18, 2018 1:45 pm

Narrowminded wrote:Wow, you always amaze me with the length of time you can sleep. I can’t remember ever sleeping that long.

Sounds like a productive day as well.

Remember it was after several days of 4 to 5 hours only. I was pretty much running on fumes at that point. I feel my best if I can get 9 hours on a regular basis. My mother says I have always been that way. Maybe because I do so much during my awake times?
Pedidoc

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 25 of 40 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 32 ... 40  Next