Moving Forward Toward Better Health

Page 24 of 40 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 32 ... 40  Next

Go down

Re: Moving Forward Toward Better Health

Post by The Walrus on Tue Feb 13, 2018 3:40 am

And here I was worrying about giving myself a hernia, and then I popped into your journal...coincidence! All will go well, and you are a pro at recovery. The wedding plans sound fun, what kind of dress are you wearing?
The Walrus

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by perennialpam on Tue Feb 13, 2018 6:50 am

Sad I missed it because I bedded down at the appropriate time.

Yea Shawn
perennialpam

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedidoc on Tue Feb 13, 2018 8:43 am

The Walrus wrote:And here I was worrying about giving myself a hernia, and then I popped into your journal...coincidence!  All will go well, and you are a pro at recovery.  The wedding plans sound fun, what kind of dress are you wearing?

Texted with the MOB and since the wedding is at 5 pm, she is going long and in the burgundy color family. The wedding colors are charcoal and navy. I think I may do long (even though my legs are probably my best feature) and probably in the silver-light grey tones, but I have been cleared for blues, greens, and pinks also. I do not want to look matronly! The best part of a long dress is that I can wear flats.
Pedidoc

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedidoc on Tue Feb 13, 2018 8:44 am

perennialpam wrote:Sad  I missed it because I bedded down at the appropriate time.

Yea Shawn

The whole qualifying event was amazing. They kept scoring higher and higher.
Pedidoc

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedidoc on Tue Feb 13, 2018 8:57 am

About 6.5 hours of sleep last night. I feel alert and oriented and could have slept longer if I wanted to, but was awake so got up.

Today I have a phone interview with a potential student to replace the one we lost due to personal issues. I want to pick books for the next two courses I will be putting together and I plan on reviewing the clinical placement requests students have made.

After the interview, I am running to the grocery store for more bacon (I missed it last night), go get a dress shortened (the hem falls below my knees and is not a flattering line), and drop off a return. I need to make several phone calls, including the follow up with surgeon's office.

Leftovers for dinner. Day 24 W30, Day 25 Mindfulness, Day 13 Squats.

I am ready for W30 to be done, as I miss butter, sour cream, and cheese. I do not have issues with those 3 dairy items, so look forward to having them again. I have mixed feelings about wine. I miss the ritual and hope that I feel more in control of myself when and if I restart it. Frankly, I am not sure I will finish 30 days. I may hit 28 and call it a day. It was more an exercise in control and reset then to find out what gives me issues. When I look at the reintroduction program, I will not be introducing grains, legumes, or milk. I know I can do small amounts of rice and corn tortillas every now and then. I can do the GF flours, but am going to try and keep that as a special treat, since they had become too frequent. I miss chocolate but can live without it.
Pedidoc

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ONTARIO on Tue Feb 13, 2018 2:13 pm

I get you on missing those dairy items. But what a great effort on your part nearing the end of your W30. I could never bring myself to do it.

The wine ritual....I also understand that one! I look forward to every Thursday evening when, ritually, I come home, have dinner and a glass of wine. Thursdays are the end of my work week.

Only 6 days left...you can do this!

ONTARIO

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Annieh on Tue Feb 13, 2018 2:44 pm

A cup of tea ritual can be very pleasant.
Annieh

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedidoc on Tue Feb 13, 2018 3:47 pm

ONTARIO wrote:I get you on missing those dairy items. But what a great effort on your part nearing the end of your W30. I could never bring  myself to do it.

The wine ritual....I also understand that one! I look forward to every Thursday evening when, ritually, I come home, have dinner and a glass of wine. Thursdays are the end of my work week.

Only 6 days left...you can do this!

Thanks, Ontario.  I am hanging in there day by day, but I am really over it at this point. I have proved to myself that once again I can do it, so not sure why it has to be 30 days.
Pedidoc

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedidoc on Tue Feb 13, 2018 3:48 pm

Annieh wrote:A cup of tea ritual can be very pleasant.

Thanks, Annieh. I have been doing a cup of tea (chamomile) every evening since it has been cooler here.
Pedidoc

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedidoc on Tue Feb 13, 2018 3:49 pm

I have a nasty headache that will not go away today. I have eaten a sweet potato and eggs cooked in bacon fat with veggies and taken 2 NSAIDs without change.
Pedidoc

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Narrowminded on Tue Feb 13, 2018 6:16 pm

Hopefully by now your head is feeling better

Happy to hear an all clear with the rehearsal dinner. When is the wedding?

Narrowminded

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Meant2Move on Tue Feb 13, 2018 6:29 pm

I admire your persistence in doing the W30. And you've been so consistent with the mindfulness with what seem to be excellent benefits reading from this side. I have yet to achieve any consistency.

Wear something that will make you feel lovely and yet be comfortable! There are some very pretty shoes with a moderate heel so you could go shorter, show off those legs, and still be comfortable. Celebrations don't come around all that often so do something special for yourself in celebration of the kids.
Meant2Move

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedidoc on Tue Feb 13, 2018 6:44 pm

Narrowminded wrote:Hopefully by now your head is feeling better

Happy to hear an all clear with the rehearsal dinner.  When is the wedding?

Took 2 of DH's baby aspirin and my headache is better. Wedding is 5/25.
Pedidoc

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Annieh on Tue Feb 13, 2018 6:45 pm

Do you really enjoy the chamomile tea? Tastes dreadful to me. I know it's supposed to be very soothing, but I do need something that is also pleasant at the time. My daughter tries all sorts of herbal and fruity varieties however they only come in tea bags, which I dislike.

I tend to stick to regular breakfast tea, and always make it with leaves in the pot, ideally with fresh rainwater, spin the pot around three times and leave to brew nicely before pouring through my golden strainer that my sister brought home from Japan into my inherited china teacups. It's a satisfying ritual that I can repeat several times a day, so I do.

I have even thought of planting a Camellia sinensis, lol, I am obsessed.

Annieh

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedidoc on Tue Feb 13, 2018 6:50 pm

Meant2Move wrote:I admire your persistence in doing the W30. And you've been so consistent with the mindfulness with what seem to be excellent benefits reading from this side.  I have yet to achieve any consistency.

Wear something that will make you feel lovely and yet be comfortable!  There are some very pretty shoes with a moderate heel so you could go shorter, show off those legs, and still be comfortable. Celebrations don't come around all that often so do something special for yourself in celebration of the kids.

Thanks M2M. The mindfulness comes easy now. The W30 is now a bit of a PIA!

I think I'm going to try and keep an open mind on the dress. I plan on looking in April. The nice thing about the RD is it will be casual. The bride is thrilled that she can wear shorts or leggings. I think it being casual will go a long way toward making it fun.
Pedidoc

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by perennialpam on Wed Feb 14, 2018 5:15 am

I also admire you sticking out the W30.  I have never even given it a serious thought.  

I have straining my brain to figure out "RD" above.  The online dictionary was not a help.
perennialpam

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lovebird on Wed Feb 14, 2018 5:42 am

perennialpam wrote:I also admire you sticking out the W30.  I have never even given it a serious thought.  

I have straining my brain to figure out "RD" above.  The online dictionary was not a help.

Personally I think you should have a nice dinner and some quality chocolate today, to celebrate. That would be totally W30! You've proven yourself you can do it and sticking to some arbitrary number of days is useless at this point, but whatever you choose we will cheer you on. Wink

RD = rehearsal dinner, PPam.

Lovebird

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedidoc on Wed Feb 14, 2018 8:49 am

perennialpam wrote:I also admire you sticking out the W30.  I have never even given it a serious thought.  

Sorry, PP - rehearsal dinner.
Pedidoc

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedidoc on Wed Feb 14, 2018 8:51 am

Lovebird wrote:

Personally I think you should have a nice dinner and some quality chocolate today, to celebrate. That would be totally W30! You've proven yourself you can do it and sticking to some arbitrary number of days is useless at this point, but whatever you choose we will cheer you on.  Wink

RD = rehearsal dinner, PPam.

That's kinda where I am at LB. Right now I am being stubborn because I don't want to break my W30, just because society says I should have chocolate today! DH and I will probably go our Sunday night and I think that is when I will consider a glass of red wine - a really nice glass.
Pedidoc

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedidoc on Wed Feb 14, 2018 9:02 am

Slept like a log last night. Woke up about 15 minutes before the alarm, did mindfulness until the alarm went off - probably the longest time I have done. Alarm seemed to go off quickly.

Dentist this morning, drop off a package and swing by the grocery store (I've gone 48 hours without bacon! What a Face ), and then for a facial (the extra one this month is my reward for sticking with the W30). Home, a couple of phone calls, and then shower and clean up to look nice for tonight.

I am on W30 and DH is on the 5:2 and it is the start of Lent which makes dinner a bit of a challenge. I am planning Ginger shrimp and vegetables with zoodles for dinner. I probably will pick up some berries for after dinner.

Pedidoc

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ONTARIO on Wed Feb 14, 2018 10:14 am

48 hour without bacon? Is that even possible? Laughing That might just qualify as a State of Emergency.....

ONTARIO

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedidoc on Wed Feb 14, 2018 2:31 pm

ONTARIO wrote:48 hour without bacon? Is that even possible? Laughing  That might just qualify as a State of Emergency.....

It's been a struggle. I picked up two 2.5 pound packages. I feel more in control now!
Pedidoc

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedidoc on Wed Feb 14, 2018 5:06 pm

Package dropped off. Teeth clean. Groceries procurement complete. Facial was wonderfully relaxing. Bit the bullet and bought a docking station and monitor for my MacBook to use at home. I'm used to two monitors at work and I feel like I need the ability to have two decent sized screens open at the same time at home. I've got all the veg julienned and Misenplace complete for dinner (love my new ceramic knives, they are super sharp)!
Pedidoc

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Narrowminded on Wed Feb 14, 2018 8:02 pm

Ah the wedding will be here before you know it. Weather should be beautiful.

You got this with the W30. When you get to the point you are it’s easy to have a split mind, like I’ve proved it, I can quit but then the I’m doing the 30 days of it kills me. You’ll manage
Narrowminded

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedidoc on Wed Feb 14, 2018 8:30 pm

Narrowminded wrote:Ah the wedding will be here before you know it. Weather should be beautiful.

You got this with the W30. When you get to the point you are it’s easy to have a split mind, like I’ve proved it, I can quit but then the I’m doing the 30 days of it kills me.  You’ll manage

Indoor venue - the weather will be toasty.

Thanks for the W30 support.
Pedidoc

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 24 of 40 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 32 ... 40  Next