Moving Forward Toward Better Health

Page 6 of 40 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 23 ... 40  Next

Go down

Re: Moving Forward Toward Better Health

Post by Pedidoc on Tue Dec 19, 2017 9:53 pm

Heuristicfireflower wrote:Pork butt sounds so good.  Reminds me to get my ingredients for traditional tamales.  Hope your day at the clinic is smooth and not too wild.

Clinic was busy. DH said pork was great. I'm in the middle of a 48-hour fast, so do not get to eat until dinner tomorrow.
avatar
Pedidoc

Posts : 2128
Join date : 2017-11-30
Age : 57

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Moving Forward Toward Better Health

Post by Pedidoc on Tue Dec 19, 2017 9:54 pm

The Walrus wrote:I think I'm going to make pork for Christmas, or maybe a meatza.  I've got some cashew cheese that I'd like to try.

Can't go wrong with pork. Cashew cheese....let me know what you think.
avatar
Pedidoc

Posts : 2128
Join date : 2017-11-30
Age : 57

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Moving Forward Toward Better Health

Post by Pedidoc on Tue Dec 19, 2017 10:00 pm

Done with the clinic until late January. Got a small Christmas bonus, which is nice.

Off to bed as I've got a full day cleaning tomorrow.
avatar
Pedidoc

Posts : 2128
Join date : 2017-11-30
Age : 57

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Moving Forward Toward Better Health

Post by Narrowminded on Tue Dec 19, 2017 11:16 pm

Kathi sounds like a good day overall for you. Good going on the fast.

avatar
Narrowminded

Posts : 2174
Join date : 2017-11-29

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Moving Forward Toward Better Health

Post by Pedidoc on Wed Dec 20, 2017 8:12 am

Narrowminded wrote:Kathi sounds like a good day overall for you. Good going on the fast.


It was a good day NM. Lots of walking and at least one new patient parent grateful that we might be on track to fix her 2-year old's 2 month long cough. I see her again in January and hope to see her running around like a normal 2-year old then.
avatar
Pedidoc

Posts : 2128
Join date : 2017-11-30
Age : 57

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Moving Forward Toward Better Health

Post by Pedidoc on Wed Dec 20, 2017 8:18 am

Great sleep. Did not hear DH leave. Was dozing when my alarm went off.

Enjoying a quiet start drinking my coffee and catching up with the tribe. I've given myself another 45 minutes to fully wake up before I get moving. It is nice too that I woke up not feeling bloated and I'm not hungry, so other than coffee I'm still fasting.

My brother is in town, so my parents, DH, and I are going to dinner with him tonight. I had to rearrange my plans to allow time to clean up before dinner.

avatar
Pedidoc

Posts : 2128
Join date : 2017-11-30
Age : 57

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Moving Forward Toward Better Health

Post by perennialpam on Wed Dec 20, 2017 8:33 am

Like your avatar Pedi. Had not noticed it prior.

Have a good time with family this evening.
avatar
perennialpam

Posts : 1101
Join date : 2017-11-29
Age : 70

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Moving Forward Toward Better Health

Post by Pedidoc on Wed Dec 20, 2017 9:48 am

perennialpam wrote:Like your avatar Pedi.  Had not noticed it prior.  

Have a good time with family this evening.  

Thanks PPam. It's from one of our cruises. Thinking of an ocean is my go to relaxation place.
avatar
Pedidoc

Posts : 2128
Join date : 2017-11-30
Age : 57

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Moving Forward Toward Better Health

Post by Pedidoc on Wed Dec 20, 2017 1:21 pm

So far today:
3-hours scrubbing walls, trim, baseboards, light switches, and air vents up and down stairs. The majority of the time was upstairs where I'm still trying to get it fully clean post Felix and family.

Cleaned stove vent and scrubbed all kitchen cabinets.

Got the downstairs guest room ready for the couple going on the cruise with us.

Made keto waffles and baked bacon. Broke my fast with a bacon waffle sandwich.
avatar
Pedidoc

Posts : 2128
Join date : 2017-11-30
Age : 57

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Moving Forward Toward Better Health

Post by tomi1000 on Wed Dec 20, 2017 2:29 pm

oh that sounds yummy......... how do you make keto waffles?

when and where this time?
avatar
tomi1000

Posts : 1190
Join date : 2017-12-10
Location : Oregon

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Moving Forward Toward Better Health

Post by Pedidoc on Wed Dec 20, 2017 3:52 pm

tomi1000 wrote:oh that sounds yummy......... how do you make keto waffles?  

when and where this time?

2 eggs plus either 2 oz cream cheese or 2 T mayo (I used marscapone today) blended until frothy in blender. Pour into heated waffle pan. Cook until steam stops (about 5 minutes). They are not crispy, but do crisp more if toasted. I've also used them to make grilled cheese and they crisp nicely in the pan.

Cruise is a short 5 day out of Galveston chosen because we will celebrate the New Year and friend's birthday on board.


Last edited by Pedidoc on Wed Dec 20, 2017 8:17 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Cruise is 5 days!)
avatar
Pedidoc

Posts : 2128
Join date : 2017-11-30
Age : 57

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Moving Forward Toward Better Health

Post by perennialpam on Wed Dec 20, 2017 4:38 pm

Oh the cruise is right around the corner! What fun.
avatar
perennialpam

Posts : 1101
Join date : 2017-11-29
Age : 70

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Moving Forward Toward Better Health

Post by Meant2Move on Wed Dec 20, 2017 7:01 pm

Pedidoc wrote:So far today:
3-hours scrubbing walls, trim, baseboards, light switches, and air vents up and down stairs. The majority of the time was upstairs where I'm still trying to get it fully clean post Felix and family.

Cleaned stove vent and scrubbed all kitchen cabinets.

Got the downstairs guest room ready for the couple going on the cruise with us.

Made keto waffles and baked bacon. Broke my fast with a bacon waffle sandwich.

This is impressive, and the bacon waffle sandwich sounds amazing!
avatar
Meant2Move

Posts : 904
Join date : 2017-11-30
Location : AZ

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Moving Forward Toward Better Health

Post by Pedidoc on Wed Dec 20, 2017 8:11 pm

Meant2Move wrote:
Pedidoc wrote:So far today:
3-hours scrubbing walls, trim, baseboards, light switches, and air vents up and down stairs. The majority of the time was upstairs where I'm still trying to get it fully clean post Felix and family.

Cleaned stove vent and scrubbed all kitchen cabinets.

Got the downstairs guest room ready for the couple going on the cruise with us.

Made keto waffles and baked bacon. Broke my fast with a bacon waffle sandwich.

This is impressive, and the bacon waffle sandwich sounds amazing!

I decided the scrubbing and squats were my workout today. Yes, the bacon waffle sandwich was amazing.
avatar
Pedidoc

Posts : 2128
Join date : 2017-11-30
Age : 57

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Moving Forward Toward Better Health

Post by Pedidoc on Wed Dec 20, 2017 8:16 pm

Dinner and visit were good. As we age my brother and I bump along better.

We went to my parents favorite Mexican place. DH and I had fajitas. I did not get rice, beans, or tortillas. I got avocado instead.

Tomorrow they are coming to clean the carpets and couch upstairs and the couch downstairs. DH and I will do the area rugs and the master closets' carpets.
avatar
Pedidoc

Posts : 2128
Join date : 2017-11-30
Age : 57

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Moving Forward Toward Better Health

Post by Narrowminded on Wed Dec 20, 2017 10:16 pm

Wow, want to come clean here next? You made me tired reading all you did. Great exercise!

Hope the 2 year old is healed by then as well.

Cruise sounds fun. Enjoy

Have to try those waffles. DD has a recipe that uses almond flour along with eggs, CO and prob something I’m forgetting that are really good too, but yours sound easier.

avatar
Narrowminded

Posts : 2174
Join date : 2017-11-29

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Moving Forward Toward Better Health

Post by Pedidoc on Wed Dec 20, 2017 11:05 pm

Narrowminded wrote:Wow, want to come clean here next?  You made me tired reading all you did.  Great exercise!

Hope the 2 year old is healed by then as well.

Cruise sounds fun.  Enjoy

Have to try those waffles.  DD has a recipe that uses almond flour along with eggs, CO and prob something I’m forgetting that are really good too, but yours sound easier.


I would, but I've got plenty to do here still! Rolling Eyes

The waffles are super easy. If you want to make them savory, you could add some spices or sprinkle bacon in them. If you want to make them more a sweet treat, then some vanilla would work.
avatar
Pedidoc

Posts : 2128
Join date : 2017-11-30
Age : 57

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Moving Forward Toward Better Health

Post by Greensprout on Wed Dec 20, 2017 11:12 pm

Sent you a pm
avatar
Greensprout

Posts : 439
Join date : 2017-12-03
Age : 50
Location : Canadian prairies (for now)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Moving Forward Toward Better Health

Post by Heuristicfireflower on Thu Dec 21, 2017 5:03 am

Pedidoc wrote:
Thanks PPam. It's from one of our cruises. Thinking of an ocean is my go to relaxation place.

I had the same thought when I saw the photo.  Brings to mind soft foamy surf breaking and a breeze on the skin....very relaxing.   Cool
avatar
Heuristicfireflower

Posts : 302
Join date : 2017-12-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Moving Forward Toward Better Health

Post by Pedidoc on Thu Dec 21, 2017 8:29 am

Greensprout wrote:Sent you a pm

Got it!
avatar
Pedidoc

Posts : 2128
Join date : 2017-11-30
Age : 57

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Moving Forward Toward Better Health

Post by Pedidoc on Thu Dec 21, 2017 8:34 am

Heuristicfireflower wrote:
Pedidoc wrote:
Thanks PPam. It's from one of our cruises. Thinking of an ocean is my go to relaxation place.

I had the same thought when I saw the photo.  Brings to mind soft foamy surf breaking and a breeze on the skin....very relaxing.   Cool

I've used similar images to get through 4 natural births.
avatar
Pedidoc

Posts : 2128
Join date : 2017-11-30
Age : 57

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Moving Forward Toward Better Health

Post by The Walrus on Thu Dec 21, 2017 2:38 pm

I imagine you could make those keto waffles into pancakes (says she who does not have a waffle iron.)

Ocean - yes! I can see it out of my window - the sunlight is dancing on the waves. Cold though!
avatar
The Walrus

Posts : 621
Join date : 2017-11-30
Age : 59
Location : Maine

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Moving Forward Toward Better Health

Post by Pedidoc on Thu Dec 21, 2017 2:47 pm

The Walrus wrote:I imagine you could make those keto waffles into pancakes (says she who does not have a waffle iron.)

Ocean - yes!  I can see it out of my window - the sunlight is dancing on the waves.  Cold though!

The batter is pretty thin, but it would make crepes!
avatar
Pedidoc

Posts : 2128
Join date : 2017-11-30
Age : 57

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Moving Forward Toward Better Health

Post by Pedidoc on Thu Dec 21, 2017 2:54 pm

Got another MSN course finished on my end. I've sent it off for production. 4 loads of laundry and cleaned my office desks to round out the day.

Carpet guys have been at it for 5 hours now and still going strong.

DH is on his way home, so hopefully I can pick up the schnauzers from their spa day when he gets home.

When I can I want to do a grocery run so I can make the spiced pecans and GF Chex mix I plan to use as stocking stuffers.

I will finish getting the guest rooms ready this evening.

I'm doing the fast thing today and as close to dinner tomorrow as I can.

I still need to wrap/bag gifts and stuff stockings, but that will be tomorrow.
avatar
Pedidoc

Posts : 2128
Join date : 2017-11-30
Age : 57

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Moving Forward Toward Better Health

Post by Pedidoc on Thu Dec 21, 2017 6:35 pm

Carpet guys finished after about 6.5 hours. Of course my couches are still damp which makes finding a spot to plant difficult.

Except for getting the furniture placed back where it belongs after the carpet is dry, the guest rooms are ready to go.

Got the grocery store done. Made rice crispy treats (a weakness) and have the pecans and chex mix to do this evening.

Almost done with what needs to be completed before Christmas. Tomorrow the dogs go to the vet for their annual check up and after they are returned home, I will finish the few errands I have left to do.
avatar
Pedidoc

Posts : 2128
Join date : 2017-11-30
Age : 57

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Moving Forward Toward Better Health

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 40 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 23 ... 40  Next

Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum