Glad to be here!

Page 2 of 39 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 20 ... 39  Next

Go down

Re: Glad to be here!

Post by Glass Full of Air on Tue Dec 12, 2017 3:46 pm

Hello! I love a place that provides cat-company! It makes a place feel so much cozier (as long as you're a person who likes cats as much as I do)

Glass Full of Air

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The Walrus on Tue Dec 12, 2017 7:50 pm

I know this sounds weird - really, really weird - but I have actually considered staying there again as a sort of Christmas present to myself.  Because of the kitty, of course.  It's only $40 a night!  And it's in a really nice town, much larger than mine with lots of nice shops and restaurants.  Almost a staycation Smile

Hi Tomi, glad to see you here!

More hair stuff - I've found that it looks best when I wash it at night, sleep on it, and then wet it in the morning and do a five minute style. Tames the frizzies and it doesn't stick out every which way. Still learning!
The Walrus

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The Walrus on Wed Dec 13, 2017 12:13 pm

Let’s see if I can post a picture -
The Walrus

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The Walrus on Wed Dec 13, 2017 12:43 pm

Well, it's kinda big, but I can see it and maybe others can too.  It's my Christmas present to myself.  Yes, I'm a big kid and I love cuddly things.  I wanted a fairly large ultra soft cuddly stuffed animal, and this llama fit the bill.  It has a little scent packet in the tail that can be refreshed and the cover can be removed for laundering.  

I just received my Bulletproof order - since it was late, I have a coupon for a discount on my next purchase.  Okay by me, as I wasn't out of brain octane oil yet anyway.  I bought a very large bottle as the sale was quite good.  I also took a punt and tried the vanilla shortbread.  So tasty!  I wanted something for work that would make a nice snack with tea or coffee but not have anything unwanted - this certainly fits the bill.  The main ingredient is cashew butter, so you know it's good.  Also collagen, healthy fats, vanilla - no sugar.  They are quite oily as you might imagine, quite filling.  I'll be trying the other flavors as well, but I would buy this one again too.

This morning was zumba and yoga.  There is an overlap as the classes are scheduled rather oddly and I have to leave zumba 15 minutes before the end.  This is unfortunate as I have to leave as the class is at its most energetic and go get on a yoga mat - still better than the other way around.  I have been doing zumba almost barefoot, with toeless socks with leather patches on the bottom.  This is working great for me.  The other class members are quite curious about this, and I have cautioned them against trying the same unless they are quite used to doing a lot of barefoot activity.  Zumba is actually quite low impact, and I find it much easier to do the moves without sneakers.  I was hurting my knee trying to do the sideways and turning moves.  I have no idea how the others manage.  Dream was quite surprised that people are dancing in sneakers, as he has many years of martial arts study and has always done it barefoot or maybe in flimsy martial arts shoes, which are like almost like close fitting slippers with a strap to keep them on.  When I was in Australia, it was a common sight to see barefoot runners on the concrete path along the harbor.  Very fit looking too, I might add.

I have some pork in the IP - I'm trying the recipe that was on Mark's blog on Saturday.  I wanted something a little different.  I'm not making the kale salad, though, as kale does not agree with me - guaranteed indigestion for hours.  I'm having cabbage, celery, and fennel instead.
The Walrus

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lovebird on Wed Dec 13, 2017 3:16 pm

Not sure if it matters much, but have you tried massaging the raw kale thoroughly? Neutral

I like the sound of that dressing: 'For the salad, whisk together coconut milk, lime juice, fish sauce and shallot. Add a pinch of salt. Slowly add avocado oil, whisking constantly to emulsify.'

Enjoy your meal!

And FWIW you can adjust the size of the image you upload if you find it necessary. Yours is kinda cute though.
Lovebird

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The Walrus on Wed Dec 13, 2017 7:09 pm

I found the dressing needed more acid, so I added some vinegar - much better. Slaw and coconut-lime pork - pretty yum! Cabbages are magic vegetables - they are huge and take a long time to eat, but they last a really long time in the fridge so it works out. And I really like cabbage.

I bought a bag of mini brussels sprouts today, can't wait to make those. Mmmmmm nom nom.
The Walrus

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by perennialpam on Thu Dec 14, 2017 6:42 am

You are making my mouth water, TW!
perennialpam

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Narrowminded on Thu Dec 14, 2017 7:54 am

Love your Llama TW, really cute. Smile

That sounds like a great way to do zumba. The one time I tried, I too had issues with shoes. However, some of the ladies there, had fabric wrapped around the ball of the foot over the shoe to add slide.
Narrowminded

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The Walrus on Thu Dec 14, 2017 9:06 am

Yoga today! All good Smile

I just had my favorite breakfast/meal - I fried the pork in butter, and then fried an egg - crispy white and runny yolk - I could eat this every day.

This new forum is a great opportunity to get to know some people from MDA whose journals I lurked on but didn't post...beware...hehehe...The Walrus is coming...
The Walrus

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The Walrus on Thu Dec 14, 2017 5:08 pm

Had a lovely dinner of beef tenderloin, carrots, parsnips, and brussels sprouts along with a chopped salad of cabbage, fennel, celery, and a large handful of fresh herbs from my window garden.
The Walrus

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Annieh on Thu Dec 14, 2017 5:18 pm

My dd and her dance friends call that footwear "toe undies"  Smile

Cute llama.
Annieh

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The Walrus on Thu Dec 14, 2017 6:59 pm

LOL, they are like toe undies!

I'm thinking Whole30.
The Walrus

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Narrowminded on Thu Dec 14, 2017 10:14 pm

W30 is good. Could use another myself
Narrowminded

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The Walrus on Fri Dec 15, 2017 10:13 am

No dairy...no sugar...yep, smells like Whole30!

I did it again! Just got a lot more hair chopped off. It was just over three weeks ago that I got the chop - November 21. Although I liked it a lot, it already was looking quite shaggy and in need of a trim. And I had no doubts now about having really short hair. It's not full on pixie - still longish on the top, and the back is layered but does not require shaving. I'll post a pic later - I'm in need of color. Actually, I'm thinking reddish!

The Walrus

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rig D on Fri Dec 15, 2017 11:18 am

Don't know your natural hair color. I'm a big fan of natural colors (any). I have to say I'm not a fan at all of the really dark red tones a lot of females around here use to hi-lite, streak, or just plain dye their hair. But the red is better than the blues, greens and metallic gold I see occasionally. If you go red, I'd recommend trying to get at least a naturally occurring shade.
Rig D

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The Walrus on Fri Dec 15, 2017 12:23 pm

Oh, you can be assured it will be a natural color. And I was doing balayage before anyone had heard of balayage.

Just got back from spinning. Haven't been for a month, not since I broke my toe. The toe is 95% better, and is no problem to strap onto a bike pedal. I took it pretty easy, though.

This year I seriously feel like a challenge, and the Y isn't planning anything! D@mn!
The Walrus

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Meant2Move on Fri Dec 15, 2017 12:33 pm

The Walrus wrote:  

Just got back from spinning.  Haven't been for a month, not since I broke my toe.  The toe is 95% better, and is no problem to strap onto a bike pedal.  I took it pretty easy, though.  

This year I seriously feel like a challenge, and the Y isn't planning anything!  D@mn!  

What does this mean exactly - a challenge when one sets goals and tracks or something at a specific point in time? Just curious.
Meant2Move

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Annieh on Fri Dec 15, 2017 12:36 pm

I admire those fake hair colours, most likely because I would not go there myself.
Annieh

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedidoc on Fri Dec 15, 2017 1:09 pm

When I cut mine short (about an inch all around) I went a vibrant red and I've been known to rock bright pink feather extensions in the summers. Now I'm back to a dark blond with some low and high lights.
Pedidoc

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The Walrus on Fri Dec 15, 2017 2:07 pm

Right, my hair is now auburn. I'm waiting for it to be completely dry before I put in the highlights. Looks great, if I do say so myself! So different.

I should have explained - normally around the New Year the Y does one or two special programs that involve weight loss, but also nutrition info, exercise, lifestyle factors, etc. So you pay a modest amount of money, usually $20, and earn points for losing weight, attending talks by chefs, nutritionists, organic farmers, physical therapists, etc. The winner gets a free membership for a year and the money goes to the charity of their choice. I'm totally hankering to be part of a tribe right now, and while the online one is fab and highly valued, I want an IRL tribe, at least for a few weeks. Last year there was a great vibe, lots of special exercise classes, recipes being exchanged. I want that this year!
The Walrus

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Meant2Move on Fri Dec 15, 2017 3:40 pm

Makes total sense, I can appreciate that need.
Meant2Move

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The Walrus on Fri Dec 15, 2017 4:21 pm

I don’t think I can post a pic from my iPad. Grrrrrr.
The Walrus

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedidoc on Fri Dec 15, 2017 5:04 pm

The Walrus wrote:I don’t think I can post a pic from my iPad.  Grrrrrr.

Yes, touch the screen with disc looking thing, pick your picture, add it and the post it. If it is covering final post click preview and then you can post.
Pedidoc

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Narrowminded on Fri Dec 15, 2017 5:18 pm

Can’t wait to see your new do. I’m sure it probably looks amazing.

Why not give the Y a call and enquire? Maybe they haven’t had enough people asking for it. I agree in IRL tribe really does make life easier.
Narrowminded

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The Walrus on Fri Dec 15, 2017 7:34 pm

Oh, I went right to the Y director and asked. Too many employees are taking off between Christmas and New Year's, so no program this year. Grrrrrrrr. Although I am glad people have time off!

My hair is now auburn with subtle golden highlights. I am very pleased with my efforts, it looks fab! Really!
The Walrus

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 39 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 20 ... 39  Next