Glad to be here!

Page 5 of 23 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 14 ... 23  Next

Go down

Re: Glad to be here!

Post by Narrowminded on Wed Dec 27, 2017 7:47 pm

I’ll be with you on the W30as well.

Sounds like you are getting a lot done in prep for the move. You’ll be ready when the time comes. Can’t even wrap my brain around moving 1/2 way around the world. Good on you
Narrowminded

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedidoc on Wed Dec 27, 2017 9:26 pm

I'd like to do another W30, but we are on the cruise until 1/3. I may start on 1/4.
Pedidoc

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by perennialpam on Thu Dec 28, 2017 4:56 am

I'm impressed: one suitcase.

Good thing you thought of the title, etc.

America time is running out. Smile
perennialpam

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The Walrus on Fri Dec 29, 2017 9:29 pm

Do join us, Pedi! Any old time is good!
The Walrus

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The Walrus on Sat Dec 30, 2017 10:50 am

I weighed myself and took a few measurements in preparation for my Whole30. Although I am not happy with the number on the scale, I am glad it isn't more. I have done some stress eating this past week.

Zumba this morning! Really fun. I have become quite brave and I stand in the front row or the middle row. Makes it easier when I can actually see the instructor and I have gone past caring about how I look or if I'm doing the steps right or turning the wrong way.
The Walrus

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Narrowminded on Sat Dec 30, 2017 12:31 pm

You sound like me at a dance class or the inevitable line dance at weddings. Good on you moving to the head of the class
Narrowminded

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by perennialpam on Sun Dec 31, 2017 8:33 am

I am a back of the room person myself although it has been years since enrolling in group exercise.

Happy New Year Walrus.

Hope you are not under loads of snow like Cleveland, OH. 65"! Good grief.
perennialpam

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The Walrus on Sun Dec 31, 2017 12:14 pm

Not snow - we only have a small covering - but we're in the deep freeze. I'm going through firewood like crazy! We've had a series of clear sunny frigid days.

My packing has hit a snag as I have loads of boxes that need to be taken to the thrift shop and used book store etc. but everything is closed for the holidays and no donations are accepted during that time. Grrrrrrr.

Happy New Year everyone! It's gonna be great! king geek cheers

Getting ready for my Whole30. I've known that dairy is a problem for quite some time, but I'm in denial. The last few weeks have been especially indicative of a dairy intolerance. Dairy is much harder to give up than gluten. Gluten - phew. Dairy - ahhh, please, not dairy! Bloating, skin problems...ugh.

The Walrus

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Annieh on Sun Dec 31, 2017 1:35 pm

I would likely cry if I had to give up dairy.  Maybe it will only need to be a temporary phase, perhaps in Oz you will find more wholesome sources.  Here's to health and happiness.

Last edited by Annieh on Mon Jan 01, 2018 9:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
Annieh

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The Walrus on Mon Jan 01, 2018 9:12 am

Off to a roaring start on my Whole30 with a breakfast meatza. Highly recommended. And a bulletproof tea (still mostly off coffee for some reason.)

Happy New Year everyone!
The Walrus

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Narrowminded on Mon Jan 01, 2018 8:02 pm

TW what did you use on your breakfast meatza? I may give me a go this week
Narrowminded

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The Walrus on Tue Jan 02, 2018 9:48 am

I use turkey sausage - there is a local brand that has no unhappy ingredients. I roll it out very thin, bake it for awhile on parchment paper, blot off the grease - I like onions, bell pepper, and olives with fresh thyme, basil, rosemary, whatever needs cutting in the herb pot. And I've become very fond of cashew cheese - it works very well on this type of food. I just scoop out little bits and sprinkle them around in an aesthetic pleasing pattern. Of course you can put any veg you like on the meatza - you could even put more meat on a meatza.
The Walrus

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The Walrus on Tue Jan 02, 2018 9:50 am

This morning breakfast was hard boiled eggs. I have been eating breakfast the last few days because of the bitter cold - it is hard to stay warm, and although it sounds a bit melodramatic, I feel I should eat something before venturing outdoors, even if it is in my heated car. (Cars break down and icy roads sometimes eject wheeled vehicles.) I also had bulletproof tea.
The Walrus

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The Walrus on Tue Jan 02, 2018 12:49 pm

Got some things accomplished, but not as much as I would like. My car is filthy, I will be selling it soon...the car wash is closed! Gah! The firewood place is still out of firewood! Double gah!! The food co-op does not have my Whole30 approved creamer OR the cashew cheese that I like. But I was able to drop off a bag of things at the thrift shop and four boxes of books at the used bookshop, very satisfying. More importantly, I have freed up some space for more packing/boxing/donating. So I'd better get to it! Wink
The Walrus

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ONTARIO on Tue Jan 02, 2018 1:15 pm

I'm shivering right along with you in the deep freeze. It's VERY cold!

How do you make bulletproof tea? Is it basically the same as bulletproof coffee but with tea?

ONTARIO

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by tomi1000 on Tue Jan 02, 2018 8:14 pm

I'm in awe of your upcoming move - I can't imagine what it takes to pack up your entire life and move to the other side of the globe. I wish you could make a video for us all to watch on youtube so we could be sharing in the experience. Are you finding it difficult to let go of certain things?
tomi1000

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Narrowminded on Tue Jan 02, 2018 9:29 pm

Shivering here too. I agree, good to go outside fueled in this weather.

Great job with all the dropping off of items you no longer need/want. I’m sure the excitement builds with each donation.
Narrowminded

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The Walrus on Wed Jan 03, 2018 11:56 am

Yep, bulletproof tea is just like bulletproof coffee, just with tea. I like it a lot.

Actually I would like to just walk away and leave everything! But I know that I will miss my nice things, such as my artwork and nicer decorative objects that made the KonMari cut. I'm going to the other side of the planet - new friends, new family, new home, new continent, new hemisphere - I think it is prudent to take some familiar things.

Last night was a barn-raisin' zumba session - we never stopped for a minute - then this morning zumba again. Whew, my legs are tired. Then yoga. Yeah, I'm tired. Although I am embarrassed when I read M2M's saga! Zumba isn't even a warm-up for her adventures.

We have a tiny respite from the bitter cold - funny how 20F can actually feel warm. Tomorrow a nor'easter is going to hit, bringing a lot of snow. I am going to plan to stay at work Thursday night. This driving in nighttime hazardous conditions has become very, very old, so I'm going to avoid it when possible. Luckily it's like staying at a two star motel - comfortable and clean enough, not luxurious at all, but free!

Last night I made Nom Nom Paleo Sheet Pan Chicken Fajitas - very easy and very, very tasty. I have some grass fed ground beef that is probably destined to become meatballs. Got to get cooking so that I have food for my six-day work stretch coming up.
The Walrus

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Annieh on Wed Jan 03, 2018 2:17 pm

On a roll, Walrus. Smile
Annieh

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedidoc on Wed Jan 03, 2018 7:59 pm

The Walrus wrote:Do join us, Pedi!  Any old time is good!

I will be starting 1/14. I need time to get the junk out of the house and prepare.
Pedidoc

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Narrowminded on Wed Jan 03, 2018 9:34 pm

TW not sure I mentioned, I’ve had to put my start off until DD goes back to school. I am however with you in spirit until next week. May copy your menus too.
Narrowminded

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Meant2Move on Thu Jan 04, 2018 2:03 pm

Stay safe, that storm sounds nasty!

Thought of you with some envy last evening as I was looking around the train wreck that is my house at the moment. While I wouldn't give my spouse away for anything, his desire to keep everything makes me a little bit crazy at times. How I would love to be boxing stuff up to give away to the thrift shops, book stores and the recycle bins.

I am certain you are making some difficult decisions about what to keep/take with you and you are right about needing to have some treasured items as you move into a new life/new world.
Meant2Move

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Meant2Move on Fri Jan 05, 2018 6:00 pm

The Walrus wrote:Last night was a barn-raisin' zumba session - we never stopped for a minute - then this morning zumba again. Whew, my legs are tired. Then yoga. Yeah, I'm tired. Although I am embarrassed when I read M2M's saga! Zumba isn't even a warm-up for her adventures.

I appreciate this, but let me just say that I admire that you go to all the classes and take part in such a wide variety of activities. Zumba sounds like such fun but I just don't seem to ever make time for a class for all that I love to dance.
Meant2Move

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The Walrus on Fri Jan 05, 2018 7:37 pm

One thing I have realized about myself is that I need to work out with other people - I need that motivation/stimulation/energy. Zumba has all that and more, and people who do zumba at my gym are very supportive and friendly. And I don't have a partner to motivate me - at least not in the same hemisphere.

All good here - I've stayed on track at work, which is always the scary place food-wise. If I don't bring Whole30 food, I won't be able to get any at the hospital! Sad. And SAD. Sad
The Walrus

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Narrowminded on Fri Jan 05, 2018 9:45 pm

Great job TW with staying on track at work. I will say that some hospitals have the worst food selections. Patient and employee side.

When I had my hyster years ago, I was not eating sugar then and for the life of them, they could not figure out how to feed me. I actually spoke with someone in the dietary/kitchen. They asked about sending a fruit cup, I said as long as it’s in juice and not syrup. I haven’t eaten corn syrup/HFCS in prob 15 years. They were confounded. My tray kept coming with soda, extra sugar packets, and even pie. Hello?

I like the social aspect of doing classes as well.
Narrowminded

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 23 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 14 ... 23  Next