Still on the move... Meant2Move's journal

Page 39 of 40 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40  Next

Go down

Re: Still on the move... Meant2Move's journal

Post by Meant2Move on Fri Dec 07, 2018 10:14 am

Kind of a rough night. I think the gabapentin gives me bad dreams. They tend to be about animals which is very disturbing to me.  I don't remember the dream this morning but I woke at 3:50 rather distressed.  Took me a while to find my iPod and ear buds (didn't set them up in bed as I usually do, and hotel... ). I did have the luxury of having a neck warmer nearby, so the combination helped me get back to sleep eventually.  Then I snoozed my alarm several times, something I never do at home. 

Up late and groggy. Decided to crack open an exercise DVD that I always carry around but never use. Good option for me.  Got in some lunges, squats, kicks, punches, push-ups and stepping. Used my big water canteen as a light weight - make do as one must!  Anyway, I feel much better now. 

Must get moving so will have to catch-up other journals later. 

Hoping your days are bright and the weekend is excellent! 
My fav snowperson pic:

Meant2Move

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lovebird on Fri Dec 07, 2018 10:35 am

M2M wrote:Up late and groggy. Decided to crack open an exercise DVD that I always carry around but never use. Good option for me.  Got in some lunges, squats, kicks, punches, push-ups and stepping. Used my big water canteen as a light weight - make do as one must!  Anyway, I feel much better now.

Laughing Others would prefer a cup of coffee and perhaps a walk to feel better... you've chosen your member name wisely (as if we didn't know that, after all these years); as much as I like to get moving, exercising first thing in the morning is not my preferred timing to do so. Glad to hear it helped you, always good to get that heart rate up!

Hope you'll get some useful answers soon and perhaps a new pillow, anything to make that pain go away. Lots of solutions are based on what you're already doing, with the imaging and such... yeah I know, not much help there. Sad
Lovebird

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Narrowminded on Sat Dec 08, 2018 8:24 am

M2M - sorry about your night. I’m happy you got in some good movement this morning. I too am a morning exerciser. Getting trained by DS means late day, so I make do, but left to my devices it’s a first thing kinda deal.

LB - Coffee then exercise, so I do both Smile

Hope the rest of your day goes well.
Narrowminded

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Meant2Move on Mon Dec 10, 2018 7:45 pm

Oh, there was coffee! Coffee before, during and after that exercise session...  Laughing bounce
Meant2Move

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Meant2Move on Mon Dec 10, 2018 8:04 pm

That meeting was a chore. Then a meeting after the meeting... I was hoping to make good my escape when I listened to my voicemail and had to go back and find a wifi signal in order to help one of my managers who was onsite and a lot farther away from home than I was... escaped for real an hour later just in time for nasty going home on a Friday traffic.  

Stopped at Trader Joes and bought a goodly number of seasonal treats along with the few items that were actually on my list.  So glad that we do not have a TJ's nearby! I won't drive 2 hours to go unless I'm on business anyway. 

Ate chocolates as I drove up the hill, then switched vehicles, dropped stuff off in the office, bought groceries (multiple stops required which I usually don't mind but did because I just.wanted.to.go.home!) did an extra stop as a honey do... home and crashed!

Nice walk with T Saturday morning. We talked about snowshoes, but decided against them as the snow wasn't that deep after Friday sunshine. Then spent a big chunk of the day splitting firewood.  All bins were empty after a nasty cold snap and skipping doing wood last weekend. I enjoy the chore but was feeling it in my core by the time I was done. Headed in and made a yummy stew - loads of veggies, quinoa, and chicken before lazing in front of the TV with an old Star Trek movie. We hadn't seen it so it didn't matter that it was old. 

After a lazy start to Sunday, I dug out my big mountaineering boots and gaiters, then set off on my annual enchainment of all the cinder cones that surround our valley. Unfortunately, the beacon function with Strava didn't work, so T couldn't track me.  Will have to dig into what  the problem is... 

It wasn't really the kind of training that I needed, but the woods still have far too many hunters and there is still a fair bit of snow on the ground, so I wasn't too interested in a long hike far from home. Much better to stay within site of our little community.  Lots of animal and hunter tracks, I was a bit surprised to see that people have actually be hiking through the snow and up these cones. My loop was 6 miles with 1900 feet of elevation gain. 

This pic is from my last ascent (Turkey Hill - so called because we usually see wild turkey when up there) looking south towards our valley. Shoe Hill, Snowcone, and "Chip's hill" are visible with the San Francisco Peaks in the distance. 
Meant2Move

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Meant2Move on Mon Dec 10, 2018 8:15 pm

Finished the course of antibiotics Sunday. Latest MRI results no longer indicate possible mastoiditis, so maybe they cleared that up, or it wasn't really there. Didn't help the problem but I don't regret giving it a good try.  Everything they were concerned about with the first MRI was deemed not to be an issue with the follow-up test done with contrast. Vascularization was good/normal/healthy - whatever. So all in all, no clue as to my actual issue. 

Ear flush took care of the spot the doc thought she saw last week that was still there this week. Next stop - see a neurologist. I gather those appointments are hard to come by so I expect to be in a holding pattern for some time while I wait.

Doc is pushing follow-up on the mammogram results.  I'm good with 'nothing has changed since last year - keep up with annual exams', but she is not.  I'll think on that one. 

Started having some fairly intense itching on hands and feet Sunday that continues today. Hoping that is just after effects of the antibiotic and that it will go away soon. I just want to go back to normal...
Meant2Move

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Meant2Move on Mon Dec 10, 2018 8:18 pm

And on a far happier/I am excited note: new climbing shoes ordered!  Backordered so I won't get them for ages, but good price and something to look forward to.
Meant2Move

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedidoc on Tue Dec 11, 2018 9:05 am

Gorgeous picture.
Pedidoc

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Vh67 on Tue Dec 11, 2018 9:13 am

I hope you get an answer to your face pain problem. I have found that there are some things that the medical community is better at diagnosing and treating than others. It just goes to show that there is so much we don't know yet about the human body.

Yay on the new climbing shoes!

And your valley is beautiful!
Vh67

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Narrowminded on Tue Dec 11, 2018 9:45 am

What a wonderful weekend by the sounds of it. Love the pic! Such beauty.

Sorry Strava didn’t work the other day. Hopefully an easy fix.

Those new shoes will be wonderful when they arrive.

Still praying for you about the nerve pain. Hopefully the neurologist can find some answers for you.

Hugs
Narrowminded

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The Walrus on Tue Dec 11, 2018 4:32 pm

That photo is breathtaking!

New shoes! I'm due for some myself. Shoes are shockingly expensive here, often twice as much as the U.S. and yes, that is taking the exchange rate into account.
The Walrus

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Meant2Move on Tue Dec 11, 2018 6:45 pm

Thank you for the many picture compliments.

Right, Val, medicine is amazing in so many ways, yet in others... well, truly the body is very much a mystery.  I've particularly come to realize (and be surprised) at how little we seem to know about pain and pain management. It is hard to believe there are not better tools for that. 

It will be months before I see a neurologist as that practice is a very limited resource around here, so I need to do more digging/researching myself, and explore some other treatment options.
Meant2Move

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Meant2Move on Tue Dec 11, 2018 6:51 pm

Got in a nice campus walk on Monday that combined with the MD visit. Still can't get the beacon function to work and Strava support, like many apps, is very limited.  Still poking at it.

Today was not as nice a day out - clouds moving in along with a dry cold front, but I was walking to meet my guy for our weekly climbing gym date so I didn't care and enjoyed it anyway. Excellent gym session too.  T is being very cautious, but is so excited to be climbing again. I'm not trying to lead, just enjoying top ropes and rebuilding lost upper body endurance as well as grip strength.
Meant2Move

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rig D Yesterday at 8:37 am

It will be months before I see a neurologist as that practice is a very limited resource around here, so I need to do more digging/researching myself, and explore some other treatment options
Totally agree with your approach. Plus there is the all too probable outcome at the neurologist of "I dunno". I may be too skeptical, but I wouldn't put too much money on the line that the neurologist will have the answer.
Rig D

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ONTARIO Yesterday at 10:14 am

Rig D wrote:
It will be months before I see a neurologist as that practice is a very limited resource around here, so I need to do more digging/researching myself, and explore some other treatment options
Totally agree with your approach. Plus there is the all too probable outcome at the neurologist of "I dunno". I may be too skeptical, but I wouldn't put too much money on the line that the neurologist will have the answer.

Agreed! Neurology is a whole-body, all encompassing phenomenon. As you all know my hubby is a Chiropractor. As a society we think Chiropractors are back doctors when, in fact, they are nerve doctors. They do not deal with 'sore backs" but with the nervous system that just happens to have it's biggest presentation as it runs down the spine. Everything in your body is controlled by nerves of the nervous system - everything. No nervous system and you're dead. Period. Chiropractors release pressure on nerve - so, pressure from a misaligned spine (subluxation) that impinges nerve function to whatever part of the body that nerve would go to. My point is ..... that it's such a vast, vast network that pinpointing things can be nearly impossible especially since neurologists typically ONLY look at what is happening in the head/brain and not in the rest of the body.

You are smart to research.

ONTARIO

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Meant2Move Yesterday at 7:11 pm

Thank you, Rig and Ontario. Yep - lots of research to do. Also, I do plan to research the person your husband recommended, Ontario. I've not tried chiropractic in the past, but I am open to new, whole-body approaches.
Meant2Move

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Meant2Move Yesterday at 7:16 pm

This morning we finally looked at the proposed xmas card pictures... laughed 'til my eyes watered at a particular sequence (the camera was on a tripod and the timer took a picture every 30 seconds... Our timing/expectation of when the shutter would click was off).  Would have been fun to use them as a collage, but T couldn't wrap his brain around the idea, so instead we are going with a classically awkward picture as the best of a bad lot.  Oh well... As promised - the bad red fleece pic:

Meant2Move

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by tomi1000 Yesterday at 7:29 pm

I think its a wonderful picture! I'd much rather see natural, honest pictures than posed and poised. Smile
tomi1000

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Meant2Move Yesterday at 7:38 pm

Got in a really good walk around campus today - cool, windy, and I just went anyway. Good speed for being in a dress and tights: 14:04/mile average. 

Used an Audible sale to pick up the brain candy books I plan to use at ATY. The challenge will be saving them until then! I need to actually pick a date to "race" and then make a hotel reservation and sign up for the event. The weekend weather looks good so I think I'll try for at least 25 miles as a "yes, I can do this" confidence builder. As such, I won't actually commit until next week.  

Did a formal interview with a young man (21 or 22) who has been working as a temp for us. We'd like to move him into a permanent position. I know his father, so am aware that he has a serious medical condition. He nearly died at 16 until they figured out what was wrong. Having grown up with it, he tends not to think long term as he didn't, and maybe doesn't, expect to live much past 30. His parents tell him to stay healthy and look/hope for medical advances. I know him to be a hard worker and committed to doing a good job so it rather took me by surprise when he said he doesn't really look more than a year or 2 ahead because of the condition. 

At that age, I certainly didn't know for sure where I was headed (college/work but what sort of job?) but I fully expected to be alive...
Meant2Move

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Meant2Move Yesterday at 7:39 pm

tomi1000 wrote:I think its a wonderful picture!  I'd much rather see natural, honest pictures than posed and poised.  Smile  
Thank you, Tomi!
Meant2Move

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedidoc Yesterday at 8:33 pm

I like the picture. It shows personality.
Pedidoc

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lovebird Today at 1:22 am

That's quite a story M2M... wow... Sad hope there will be some sort of medical breakthrough on time for him coming years...

Great picture! Collage idea sounds nice too, but this one is quite fun to watch, 2 happy active people in bright red sweaters placed in such a beautiful snowy background. Smile
Lovebird

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by perennialpam Today at 6:37 am

I really like the picture too! You are such a handsome couple.

Glad you are doing the ATY. I forget what that stands for.

Like the previous pictures with all your cones. Smile

perennialpam

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ONTARIO Today at 8:29 am

I also really like the picture - it's real and not all set up to be perfect. And, let's face it - most of us never look as put together as a portrait studio picture. I think it definitely portrays who you two really are - outdoors people who love nature and often have a nice, rosy hue to their cheeks!

ONTARIO

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Narrowminded Today at 4:33 pm

Love the picture, so nice to actually “see” both of you.

Hopefully the young man you interviewed will start looking further toward the future. Disease or not, the mind is a powerful thing as my DH proved.
Narrowminded

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 39 of 40 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40  Next