Still on the move... Meant2Move's journal

Page 20 of 20 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20

Go down

Re: Still on the move... Meant2Move's journal

Post by Narrowminded on Sat May 12, 2018 8:49 pm

Hope you get to work on house plans a bit this weekend. However more prayers for the winds to settle and rain to come. How I wish I could send some. We had some torrential downpours this afternoon/evening.

Glad the business trip was a round trip quick one. That was nice.
Narrowminded

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Meant2Move on Mon May 14, 2018 7:19 pm

Weekend was good, although I seem to have picked up a cold virus somewhere in my travels. I'm surprised, I generally have excellent immunity. Had a headache off and on which I was blaming on the wind, then the sore throat showed up and today have added sniffles to the mix. I have to admit I used it as an excuse to get out of a scheduled call that I didn't want to do. I just did the work and told the person what was done and why via email along with next steps.

As expected, some wildfires started on Friday - one jumped to over 5000 acres in no time and 2 homes burned along with other structures. Fires down south as well. A lot of people in this community are suggesting that the USFS close the forests until we get appreciable moisture. That puts an economic hardship on the town, but might be a good idea as people can be so careless, and so many have the attitude that rules don't apply to them. It is weird for us when the forests are closed as we live there and are so used to walking out the door to play, yet technically, we shouldn't...

I hauled water so spent some time watering the few plants I think are trying to live - the asparagus went straight to seed along with the rhubarb. Horse radish which is usually more weedlike than anything seems not to have made it through the winter. I'm not too fussed about that. Strawberries and raspberries are iffy at this point - trying to show up, but...

We worked more on the monkey bars - seems with each bit of progress we think of something else we could do to "improve" them, delaying the whole project. Still, there is hope, I think. We took a little walk at sunset, far more in the "stroll" category than our typical hike or powerwalk. It was nice and I certainly didn't mind as I was feeling the pesky cold symptoms by then. T was not pleased with my news. Neither was I come to that - my things to do this week didn't include feeling wimpy.

I was very pleased to make good progress on the house plans. I usually get hung up on some detail and this time I didn't, and the overall plan is good, with many of the features I really want in my new home. Next up, we need to see if we can translate the interior to the exterior - definitely more of a T project than a me project! At least I hope so!

Took some little walks today and throughout the day, so for not formally exercising, I'm actually fairly close to 10k steps. Thinking I'll postpone tomorrow's climbing gym date to Thursday - see how I feel in the morning I guess. I was already going to out in the afternoon as T is having a wisdom tooth pulled and I need to be his medical transport as he is taking a valium prior to the appointment.
Meant2Move

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by perennialpam on Mon May 14, 2018 8:31 pm

Sad to hear about the fires. That sounds so scary for you and your abode.

I hope you will have a quick recovery from that cold! Summer colds are worse, IMHO.
perennialpam

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The Walrus on Mon May 14, 2018 11:12 pm

Wisdom teeth...grrrr...hope it goes well for him (and you.)
The Walrus

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Narrowminded on Tue May 15, 2018 7:47 pm

Hoping you both are feeling a bit better. Take a few days to relax and heal.
Narrowminded

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Meant2Move on Wed May 16, 2018 7:12 pm

Stayed home on Tuesday as I really didn't feel well and I just couldn't get my nose to stop running. I was feeling decidedly, um, germy, and didn't want to risk sharing.

Rested until it was time to go to town. The extraction went pretty well, although it took a couple of rounds for the shots to kick in and his mouth to go numb. Stopped and bought ice cream (non-dairy for T) on the way home as it is a family tradition to have ice cream after nasty dentistry. I am not sure he ever felt good enough to actually have any last night. The bleeding continued and he was fairly nauseated as a result. I went back to bed shortly after we got home so missed out on his gauze pad and blood drama.

Working today (warned everyone to stay away from my office) as I am less "drippy". Took a walk on campus which was lovely, but was pretty well beat after just 2 miles. Good grief! I am eating my veggies in hopes of recharging, but will likely still leave early.

Meant2Move

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Narrowminded on Wed May 16, 2018 8:25 pm

I hope tomorrow finds you even better. So sorry you’re ill

I hope T is healing too

Take time to rest and heal
Narrowminded

View user profile

Back to top Go down