MDA FORUM CLOSED!!!!

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Re: MDA FORUM CLOSED!!!!

Post by ONTARIO on Wed 13 Dec 2017 - 15:15

Yeah, that message has been there since the day after he made the announcement on the blog about shutting down the forum. The crazy thing is you can still post over there despite their pop-up message saying otherwise. i just went over there and re-posted a thread about this forum existing.

It appears that MDA can't even get it's crap together to shut down a forum. Rolling Eyes

ONTARIO

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ONTARIO on Wed 13 Dec 2017 - 15:20

Lovebird wrote:One can still post... even some spammers have found their way back. Rolling Eyes which means the link to here is no longer the last to show.

I just reposted over there.

Perhaps MS is happy Ontario has created a new forum and took the burden off him and his team...

I'm pretty sure he'll never admit that! I did not join the FB "forum" but I will admit to being embarrassingly interested in whether or not this forum has ever been mentioned over there. And, furthermore, I have to wonder if it HAS been mentioned whether or not the message was kept or deleted by MS or his worker bees.

Just a thought: shouldn't we add some posts with basic info on PB? I've always liked Rig D's way of explaining things to newbies. Wink Clear and precise instructions.

Love this idea! Yes, that is a job for Rig D! I think it would be good for newbies who have basic questions.

ONTARIO

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by OnTheBayou on Wed 13 Dec 2017 - 15:49

It appears that MDA can't even get it's crap together to shut down a forum. Rolling Eyes

Honestly.

I never saw it on the blog, and I noticed that you had some post 12/1 postings.

It also says that there weill be a lot of manpower henceforth. Why not at the forums? I don't find FB conducive at all for topical discussions, like scrapple or veggies.

OnTheBayou

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lovebird on Wed 13 Dec 2017 - 16:04

First of all the original 'We're shutting down the forums' blog was posted on Dec 4th, which makes the message that pops up a lie...

Second: I posted another link to here at that same blog to inform people searching for an alternative. Very Happy

Third: even though I easily could, I will not log in to MDA forums again. The day I joined here, was the day I gave up on them. Having been very loyal and helpful for a long time, enough is enough.
Lovebird

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The Walrus on Wed 13 Dec 2017 - 17:51

Facebook is crap for discussions, and my journal is important to me. I’m so glad we have a new forum!
The Walrus

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lovebird on Thu 14 Dec 2017 - 2:24

OnTheBayou wrote:

Honestly.

I never saw it on the blog, and I noticed that you had some post 12/1 postings.

https://www.marksdailyapple.com/a-new-chapter-for-the-mda-forum-community-with-a-giveaway/
Lovebird

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Neck2 on Thu 14 Dec 2017 - 8:26

Same here. When I joined this site I’d completely given up on MDA forum. I would have appreciated a more truthful “We are going a different way with our buisiness model and won’t be putting any more resources into this forum cause Facebook is free”......rather than the “hang tight gang! We are gonna fix this reeeeal soon!” they tried to spin for 2 years. Lol. No, won’t be joining FB group.

Neck2

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ONTARIO on Thu 14 Dec 2017 - 8:44

Neck2 wrote:Same here.  When I joined this site I’d completely given up on MDA forum.  I would have appreciated a more truthful “We are going a different way with our buisiness model and won’t be putting any more resources into this forum cause Facebook is free”......rather than the “hang tight gang! We are gonna fix this reeeeal soon!” they tried to spin for 2 years.   Lol.  No, won’t be joining FB group.

I haven't joined either. But I will admit, as I posted on another thread, that I am interested to know if anyone has mentioned us over there as an alternative.

ONTARIO

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by John Caton on Thu 14 Dec 2017 - 9:27

The Walrus wrote:Facebook is crap for discussions, and my journal is important to me.  I’m so glad we have a new forum!

From MDA's marketing perspective, Facebook is a good choice for them to capture demographics of forum users. It's a big benefit for their direct marketing profiling efforts. It is a poor choice if you want to avoid being profiled and sold to commercial interests. I assumed the forum would eventually move to Facebook as that was one of the first things MDA implemented with the Primal Health Coach community.

This forum is the best thing that could happen, at this time, in the primal community. I'll be spreading the word.

John Caton

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lovebird on Thu 14 Dec 2017 - 12:18

John Caton wrote:
This forum is the best thing that could happen, at this time, in the primal community. I'll be spreading the word.

Yes. cheers Smile Please do.
Lovebird

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by breadsauce on Fri 15 Dec 2017 - 3:46

I've stopped logging on to MDA too. The forum used to be great and the long, slow decline, trolling etc was so sad to witness. This is a great new forum and I hope it really gets a head of steam up! Thanks Ontario!

breadsauce

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Starkanda on Wed 3 Jan 2018 - 18:39

MDA forum appears to be 404 now

Starkanda

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ONTARIO on Wed 3 Jan 2018 - 19:36

Starkanda wrote:MDA forum appears to be 404 now

I can still get it to load.

ONTARIO

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Pebbles67 on Thu 11 Jan 2018 - 13:50

It is January 11th and I just posted our link in my old journal. lol
Pebbles67

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by perennialpam on Fri 19 Jan 2018 - 7:30

Pebbles, I'm surprised. I do go back to read the Blog.
perennialpam

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Pebbles67 on Fri 19 Jan 2018 - 12:29

Still able to post on my journal as of today? Lol

Pebbles67

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lovebird on Thu 1 Feb 2018 - 12:37

Spam Susan from China is still active... all forums but 2 at MDA are showing advertising/spam as of today.

So much for 'cleaning up and closing down'.
Lovebird

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rig D on Thu 1 Feb 2018 - 13:25

???
You didn't actually expect MDA to handle it correctly, did you?
Rig D

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lovebird on Fri 9 Mar 2018 - 7:11

For some weird reason I did expect them to keep their promise (at some point), simply because that's the way things are supposed to be done Rolling Eyes ... however, as of today:

Home
About
Contact
Press
Podcast
Books and Products

the MDA forum link is gone from the start page... link still works forum.marksdailyapple.com

Before:

Home
About
Contact
Forum
Podcast
Press
Store

Lovebird

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rig D on Fri 9 Mar 2018 - 7:45

The goldfish memory is in play. Not "in play" for 2 months, must be totally forgotten and on the ash heap of history. Give 'em another month or so and they'll have great need to free up all that disk space and the whole thing will disappear.

I wonder if many people ever went to it to explore their primal questions.
Rig D

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lovebird on Fri 9 Mar 2018 - 8:33

Guess Neckhammer was right when he wrote this on 11-11-2016: "I get the feeling MDA is sick of this forum and actively trying to get rid of it."...
Lovebird

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lovebird on Fri 9 Mar 2018 - 9:11

At the bottom of the page it still says:

Home
   Archives
   Blog
   Forum
   Podcast
   Recipes
   Success Stories

then again, who scrolls all the way down... Cool
Lovebird

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rig D on Fri 9 Mar 2018 - 9:34

Scrolling all the way down is definitely way low on my list. Out of site, out of mind. One step at a time to a full purge.

Rig D

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lovebird on Fri 23 Mar 2018 - 8:11

I left a message at the latest blog post:

"OT: "Thanks for stopping by the Mark’s Daily Apple Forum. Over the years, thousands of MDA forum readers have contributed their questions, support and insight with fellow community members. You’ll find good perspective and helpful ideas here for healthy, Primal living.

As of 12/01/17, the forum has been archived. This means anyone—members and non-members—can search its contents; however, sign-up and posting functions are permanently disabled.

Because the forum is archived, you won’t be able to reply or post, but you can explore its full contents for discussion on health issues that interest you."

A bit difficult to do when you remove the link to the forum from the top of the page and only leave the one at the bottom... I understand that it takes time to clean out the spam/advertising junk and actually archive the forum (not why it takes this long though), however if you understood the importance of the forum being kept up/available and the fact that people continue to visit it (to find a way) to stay in touch with their friends & find answers (primalforums dot com for many of them as the place to actually post without spam, we've got moderators... the same people that offered their help to MDA...). Hope you'll reconsider your move. Anyway, thanks for all the information you've given us over the years, at no cost at all, providing the chance to jump into Primal without any financial obstacles, yet if needed there was more to explore. Having a platform to discuss things is important and not everyone wants to join social media. Wishing you all the best."

Not sure why, but I wanted him to know.
Lovebird

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rig D on Fri 23 Mar 2018 - 10:20

It's a windmill out there. Have a go at it.
Rig D

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next