HeuristicFireFlower's Reach for Highest Potential

Page 7 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Go down

Re: HeuristicFireFlower's Reach for Highest Potential

Post by Lovebird on Sat Nov 10, 2018 3:57 am

Hope you're feeling much better by now. *careful hug* Pilates sounds like a great idea. Smile Your muscles may have been dutifully exercised/stretched for years, but it's likely that needed relaxation/massage was ignored (as knots/tightness prove, due to stress being high, for far too long... Sad ).

Glad you've got a good chiro to help out too. Don't forget to work that booty as well. Wink
Lovebird

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Heuristicfireflower on Thu Nov 15, 2018 3:30 pm

Thanks NM, Tomi

I believe you're right LB.  Smile   Lack of work / break balance has taken a toll.   I look forward to Pilates.  I long to move full range without injuring myself.

Currently grateful for:  The season of heat and ants are finally gone.  Those little bastards where present every single day of summer.  Exasperating!!!  Grateful that I have a home esp. after watching reports of so many homes go up in flames.  The day after it started walked out to a big red angry sun and ashes all over the cars and ground.  Sad to think these little grey specks were trees, someones home or worse...My heart goes out to those that lost their homes in the fire.  

Grateful to find my mom safe every day I come home from Pasadena.  
Right now recovering not only from my low back spasm, but also from a lousy gut flare-up.  6 days and finally today no pain with no painkillers.  Yay.   But the stress continues……

At least once a week we were calling the police as transient campers kept setting up their tents and junk along the sidewalk across our homes.   There was a big deal over residents in Long Beach going out to secure their neighborhood by doing a neighborhood watch type walk   They were criticized for caring about how bad things are getting with drug addicts and thieves and the enormous amount of trash that has become unacceptable.  City suits force citizens to band together to protect their area and homes.  Makes me mad that residents are called names and grouped as vigilantes by fools who don't live and deal with this daily.  

Right now trying to figure out how to work with the local PD and get their consistent support while we try different ways to repel the meth camp 500 feet from us.   The neighbors on the other side of the freeway are contending with the worst type of transient that expose themselves, trash the street and act aggressively towards residents. The transients invaded the freeway planted zone and set up permanent camps inside city private property across from homes. RV's squat in limited parking spaces and take over the sidewalks.  The city does nothing.  On our side of the freeway two rental property owners hired evening security to partially cover the alley entrance.  The effect was quite dramatic - Our side cleaned up.   No more drug buys in the alley.  I hope the security guard is armed.  He needs to stay safe as well.

My plan as the transient encroachment time ticks on:
I am working towards learning new art skills. Am learning the ropes of game and film character design.  It really is something I want to do as a profession but, need speed.  I have to remind myself,  I am learning and with time the confidence will come as well as speed.  I still despair that I will never be ready and it will be longer for me to secure a good paying job.Plus the fact that I am older makes me more insecure.  In Los Angeles there is a LOT of competition.  I have to work to distinguish myself from all the others in quality and understanding, plus following art direction.   My strong suit is I know how to draw humans quite well.  

The class assignment is designing 3 characters from a book from scratch.  Which means research on face types, body types, attitude, costume and culture.  Culture is bound to climate and environment.  My research has led me to Aegean, Island culture from the Bronze Age.  This is where I pull from to build my character's clothes, technology and finally my take on the look.  Very engrossing and I really enjoy this, but also, very stressful when the ideas are not forthcoming.  

I need a full time job to handle the process of leaving this area.  One year. I give myself one year max to get it done.
Interesting that while I was indisposed, my stress was gone  since I couldn't do anything about it I didn't look out front, back alley, avoided thinking about the area and i felt peaceful.  
Soon as I could walk straight and pick up where I left off I began to see transients setting up tarps on sidewalk and the emails from neighbors coming in……. the stress came back.  I had forgotten what it's like to live without worry about my safety. I long for that peaceful existence a little while longer...
There has to be places in California that doesn't have enforcement or fire issues.  I continue to look.
Heuristicfireflower

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Narrowminded on Thu Nov 15, 2018 5:58 pm

HFF I continue to pray for your situation and your ability to get away from it.

So thankful for the security guard.

Hugs
Narrowminded

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lovebird on Sat Nov 24, 2018 12:18 pm

Sorry to hear your gut acted up again, even if it's not really a surprise with all that stress going on. Glad to hear it passed already and the meds helped. Grateful you're relatively safe, at least from the fire and also due to the security guard.

Hope you enjoyed your Thanksgiving festivities and that you and your mom are okay, as are the rest of your supportive family members.

Hugs.
Lovebird

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The Walrus on Mon Dec 03, 2018 12:27 am

Hoping all is well with you and hoping even more that conditions have improved in your neighbourhood. I know the gut issues! Take care -
The Walrus

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7