HeuristicFireFlower's Reach for Highest Potential

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Go down

Re: HeuristicFireFlower's Reach for Highest Potential

Post by Pebbles67 on Tue Feb 06, 2018 10:00 am

So happy to hear your health news!

Send some of those healthy eating vibes my way.

I understand the difficulty of going through a parents' things. I have done it in several stages in the 6+ years since my Mom died.

On a lighter note, I binged watched Morrocco: Love in Times of War. (Binging is a theme in my life.) I loved it, but it was over way too soon. I was totally in love with Pedro. The accents are to die for. I lived in Spain for a semester 30 years ago.
Pebbles67

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedidoc on Tue Feb 06, 2018 10:06 am

Fantastic news about the clot. Baby steps are the way to start.
Pedidoc

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Heuristicfireflower on Wed Feb 07, 2018 12:17 am

Hola, Pebbles! how cool to live there. Where were you based? Spain was probably my favorite country to visit of the few I did. Loved the people, the furthur south we traveled the friendlier the folks got, I remember. Loved the historic sites. Yes, the protagonists...muy guapos! I think the most important action I took to change my outcome was drinking loads of water. I shot for 80 oz, ca day, but, was good if I managed 60-70 oz. other days. From my research, one of the biggest contributors to blood stickiness issues in DVTs and diabetes complications is dehydration. It most likely helped to "wash" out the area and helped to clean it out sooner than later. I tried to walk as much as possible and was very conscious of sitting and tried to keep the couch plopping down to less than an hour or hour and a half. Plus was good about taking mu fish oil and curcumin and vit C.
I know the dad clothes project will be a bit painful. Yes, it has had to be in small bites, but, I can see that it is finite and once its done its done! Smile

Thanks Pedidoc, Shout out to you as I finished a batch of turkey lentil chili and working, now, on a small quantity of caramelized onions for some French onion soup. Aaaand that's it for this month, LOL. Im impressed how a busy professor with student corrections and prep for class syllabus can turn out a months worth of good eats. Baby steps even in batch cooking as I figure out the organization part of it. Smile
Heuristicfireflower

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Heuristicfireflower on Wed Feb 07, 2018 4:52 am

Thanks M2M, NM.  Me, put on sow salsa and do a happy dance as well!!!!  Very Happy
Hi LB,  Thank you, moving forward on many many things.  Duly noted the note.  :]
PPam, it seems to be an ongoing thing.  I was pressing an organize site and they had noted a sight called FreeCycle.   It's a goods and services communities exchange by local areas.   Just found one post asking for an unneeded G4 computer.  It sounds like this persons finances are quite limited and am considering donating my machine.  It's doing exactly what the person described - "get in touch if you have a mac you don't want collecting dust"
This is the kind of donating I'm more inclined to rather than to Goodwill or the other bigger thrift businesses.  I found these articles and was a bit taken aback at the profitable industry of reselling to poor folks - Where do your old clothes go?  
The Truth About Where Your Donated Clothes End Up

I'm searching for local charities that work directly with folks who are in need.

Thanks RigD, Yes, a burden on my mind that's been thoroughly relieved.  Wake-up Call has been fully absorbed into my health shift.
Ankle is 95% there as far as mobility.  No thanks to the MediCal referred physical therapist group which never called me back.  The therapist I hired has give me, not only explanations and exercises, but, completely restored confidence in the use and healing of my ankle.  I am grateful that I am healing relatively quickly.
Heuristicfireflower

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Narrowminded on Wed Feb 07, 2018 8:06 am

HFF the happiness coming through in your post is awesome. You sound fantastic. Great report all the way around
Narrowminded

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Annieh on Fri Feb 09, 2018 5:17 am

HFF, so pleased your ankle is healing so well, and your confidence is increasing again.

Nothing to say the person you donate your computer to won't sell or somehow make profit from it.

The donated clothes story was interesting. I read one once about someone who went to Africa and actually found their OWN donated t-shirt, complete with unique logo, in the marketplace. Some of these things go round and round in circles.

It is sad that so much is mass produced and then never cherished.
Annieh

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Meant2Move on Fri Feb 09, 2018 8:56 am

Thanks RigD, Yes, a burden on my mind that's been thoroughly relieved. Wake-up Call has been fully absorbed into my health shift.
Ankle is 95% there as far as mobility. No thanks to the MediCal referred physical therapist group which never called me back. The therapist I hired has give me, not only explanations and exercises, but, completely restored confidence in the use and healing of my ankle. I am grateful that I am healing relatively quickly.

Learning from and incorporating the lessons into our life is so important. A good therapist is a treasure! Once I found one, I've maintained that relationship because I so value what he has taught me and he nearly always has a workable strategy for keeping me moving in a healthy, vital way.
Meant2Move

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Pebbles67 on Fri Feb 09, 2018 1:13 pm

Thanks for the info on how you healed your clot. Cool that you got off blood thinners. I am a lifer.

I lived in Seville in southern Spain for a college semester when I was 20. I would so love to see it again someday. I'm sure things would be much more tame at 50. Spanish men...Yum. Lol
Actually, the teacher in the next classroom is from Spain. I just adore him.
Pebbles67

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Heuristicfireflower on Fri Feb 09, 2018 4:58 pm

Thanks NM,  I have been doing much thinking….    especially on the portion sizes, which has something to do with scarcity in my mind.   I am being conscious about eating smaller portions that actually fill me up rather than overstuffing because it's there or the sense that I will never have it available again.   Eating higher fat helps with that.  Lifetime of emotional attachment to food.  But, am making headway because the reality is I don't want to contribute to a scary unhealthy future of my own making.

Hi Annie,  True, I did think about that.  But, he was asking for a computer that works.  I may hold on to it and turn it into a tower storage as it has 3 HD's in it.  thinking'…..
Oh my god!  That's funny and know I see should;t be surprising.  

M2M, yes!  Eric the PT actually made a point in giving me exercises to increase confidence in using my ankle.  Helped me go full forward in exercise and walking. Using my foot as soon as I could walk on it only made my ankle better.  Eric gave me stretches and weight balance exercises, which I do when have to stand in line, at school. etc.  Even jumping up and down landing on toes as I touchdown is building strength on floor or Pilates machine.  I have 98% mobility once again.  As soon as I have extra pennies will be going back and work with him to systematically fix all the other issues like low and upper back and crimped areas in-between and beneath my shoulder blades.  

Pebbles, Southern Spain is the part I loved most. I got to visit 1st time in my 40's. Was such a grand time. Loved it. I hope to visit again one day. Never give up hope, even with the drug, I'm sure you can work with natural blood supporters. I hope it is not too much hassle for you on the anti-coagulant.

I am thinking on all the research I learned about supporting the healing process.  Vit C was big on the list for helping form new collagen.  Never really incorporated gelatin, but, have had homemade soups often and always some protein at meals. I did a lot of prayer 1st weeks of diagnosis of DVT.  So scared.  I believe God led me to the answers of all the things I could do to help optimize the healing of both.  The fact that I never reached therapeutic levels of Warfarin and the clot cleared in under 3 months is strong testimony that applying natural therapies really really works.   Adequate water intake was the biggest change I made.  I think it definitely helped wash in the nutrient and wash out the clot products, clearing it out naturally.  I'm astounded how important water is to great health.  Dehydration will contribute to sticky platelets and higher blood sugar, kidney stone formation and irritating build-up in veins and arteries leading to inflammation that affects how your blood aggregates and higher risk of abnormal clot formation.
Sedentary is a scary verb for me.  I'm much more conscious of moving.  If i'm standing I'll alternate weight on toe to heal for awhile or stand on one or the other leg for at least 30 seconds.  Sitting I'll squeeze my butt  ad thighs for a few sessions.  Also, will take BREAKS.  No more sitting for 4-5 hours, even, if I have deadlines.  Some studies even point out productivity is actually increased when taking movement breaks.  Brain has better circulation, blood is not stagnant.  

Rare that I get foggy brain.  Only when I overeat starchy carbs and sometimes protein.   Have been waking up with almost no anxiety to start my day in dread.   Tryptophan and adequate sleep is the key for me.
I am more sociable!  Surprising as I am an introvert, but, I enjoy having some nice interactions with the students and my co-workers.  :]
Heuristicfireflower

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Narrowminded on Fri Feb 09, 2018 6:18 pm

HFF I love hearing you so happy and excited about life. I too try to keep up with movement. No sense making our elder years rough

I read something once and can’t completely quote it, but something to the effect of sliding I to homeplate at the end of life. I want that to be me.

Congrats on all you are doing to keep your movement, water etc up
Narrowminded

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lovebird on Sat Feb 10, 2018 2:24 am

Narrowminded wrote:HFF I love hearing you so happy and excited about life.

Ditto! Very Happy

Improve, Appreciate, Connect, Protect.
Lovebird

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lovebird on Thu Mar 01, 2018 7:17 am

Love how you checked in with pretty much everyone on such a positive note. We do expect an update though... whenever you're ready. Wink

Improve, Appreciate, Connect, Protect.
Lovebird

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5