COVID-19 news & status

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

COVID-19 news & status - Page 4 Empty Re: COVID-19 news & status

Post by Pedidoc on Wed Mar 25, 2020 10:26 pm

One of the documented differences between the virus in the US versus China and Italy, is it seems to be hitting the young people harder in the US. More are requiring hospitalization and a ventilator. I do know that in the US there are about 320 million people and we have ONE million hospital beds. So far 20% of those infected in the US are requiring hospitalization and anywhere from 5-12% require a ventilator.

I do think the media is full of hype, but I also think there is reason for caution.
Pedidoc
Pedidoc

Back to top Go down

Post by perennialpam on Thu Mar 26, 2020 6:47 am

I'm currently dealing with an email from mom's Hospice RN.  They are cutting back hours.  Need to call mom's residence to be assured I will be able to fill her pill box, and do other things for her should the assistance stop.
perennialpam
perennialpam

Back to top Go down

Post by ONTARIO on Thu Mar 26, 2020 8:35 am

Pedidoc wrote:One of the documented differences between the virus in the US versus China and Italy, is it seems to be hitting the young people harder in the US. More are requiring hospitalization and a ventilator. I do know that in the US there are about 320 million people and we have ONE million hospital beds. So far 20% of those infected in the US are requiring hospitalization and anywhere from 5-12% require a ventilator.

I do think the media is full of hype, but I also think there is reason for caution.

I actually wonder if this is due to diet and nutrition and alcohol consumption. In China they eat VERY healthy, drink much more  moderately than Americans and Canadians, and very few are overweight. We primal people must see the connection there. Most of the people in North America, on the SAD diet are dismally unhealthy. Also, in China MANY older people smoke but young people do not. In North America many young people are now vaping. I also wonder if there is a connection there.

ONTARIO

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedidoc on Thu Mar 26, 2020 11:44 am

Smoking has been shown to be a risk factor. I actually just redid my vaping presentation to add that it could be a risk factor for C-19. Diet most likely factors in, as anyone with co-morbidities is at higher risk.
Pedidoc
Pedidoc

Back to top Go down

Post by Narrowminded on Thu Mar 26, 2020 8:56 pm

No new changes here
Narrowminded
Narrowminded

Back to top Go down

Post by perennialpam Yesterday at 4:46 am

People on the lake are meeting at 6pm tonight on their porches, docks, decks to have a drink together.  Unprecedented and I plan on participating. 

The computer I supposedly got fixed at Best Buy will still not let me download a thing.  I was invited to another meetup via Zoom.  Yep, I got the same message...."a virus was detected and it was deleted".
perennialpam
perennialpam

Back to top Go down

Post by Rig D Today at 10:03 am

Smile for today:
<Sometime around 2030>
"Why is my sister's name Paris?
Because we conceived her in Paris.
Thanks Dad.
No problem, Quarantine"
Source link

On a serious note, anyone with 3-d printing expertise or knows someone with those skills, this might be a viable thing to try, the Italians have come up with it. Converting scuba masks to medical masks.  It looks kind of funky but what the heck?
Scuba to Medical masks
Rig D
Rig D

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum