Primal Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Acetyl L-Carnitine

4 posters

Go down

Acetyl L-Carnitine Empty Acetyl L-Carnitine

Post by OnTheBayou Mon Aug 19, 2019 11:02 am

The search function here returned nothing for "carnitine."

I've been doing health research and diet stuff for a decade now and I only just became aware of carnitine, with or without the acetyl part.

This simple, inexpensive supplement does everything but cure Trump's many psychiatric disorders.

In fact, if I could take only one supplement, this would be it.

ALC is a powerful nootropic, jacking your mental processes way up.  Prevents cognitive decline and probably reverses it.  One source said 2g's a day, but I don't know how valid that is. This is the "only" advantage of ALC over LC. Once stripped of it it's acetyl portion, what's left is basic carnitine.  Which has an impressive list of well established benefits.  These include:

1.  Better  insulin response.  I suspect ALC is responsible for a large part of my sudden and significant  drop in FBG.  Postprandial response, too. Along with my (almost) carnivore diet.
2.  Increased strength.
3.  Quicker recovery from exercise.
4.  Pushes fat into the cells for the mitochondria to get energy from instead of glucose.  Probably one mechanism why LC promotes weight loss.
5. Significantly increases glutathione, the body's own master antioxidant.

AS if those aren't good enough reasons there are many more!

https://www.bing.com/search?q=Acetyl+L-Carnitine&form=OPRTSD&pc=OPER

Videos: https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=Acetyl+L-Carnitine&FORM=HDRSC3

OnTheBayou

Back to top Go down

Acetyl L-Carnitine Empty Re: Acetyl L-Carnitine

Post by breadsauce Fri Sep 27, 2019 3:36 am

I have a jar of L-Carnitine which I have begun using again since reading your post. Waiting for results! Items 4 and 5 in particular interest me.

breadsauce

Back to top Go down

Acetyl L-Carnitine Empty To be honest....

Post by OnTheBayou Fri Sep 27, 2019 8:25 am

I can;t say that it has made me a superman. Yet. Of course, maybe I would be worse off without it! I've tried to work in a teaspoon a day, 2.4 grams. That's the Acetyl variant, a reminder.

OnTheBayou

Back to top Go down

Post by Meant2Move Fri Sep 27, 2019 8:38 pm

I've been taking it since mid-June, hoping it might help with a nerve/myelin problem. Any boost to mental clarity would be super welcome since the medications I take for the trigeminal neuralgia are not good for sharp thinking nor memory. Hard to say if I'm getting benefits, I likely need to stop taking it for a few days and see if I notice anything.
Meant2Move
Meant2Move

Back to top Go down

Post by OnTheBayou Fri Sep 27, 2019 10:42 pm

I suggest going off for a week. No scientific evidence why, just seems like you should give opportunity to get back to a baseline.

OnTheBayou

Back to top Go down

Post by SWSL Fri Oct 18, 2019 9:33 am

I just looked into it recently and it seems that this a nutrient we get from eating animal protein? So....

SWSL

Back to top Go down

Post by OnTheBayou Sat Oct 19, 2019 11:17 am

SWSL wrote:I just looked into it recently and it seems that this a nutrient we get from eating animal protein?  So....

(L-) Carnitine is indeed found in meat and I would guess, other animal sources. But this is one of of those adequate vs. optimal amount questions.

And, AFAIK, Acetyl L-Carnitine is not found in meat, or at least enough that I've ever seen mention of that fact.

OnTheBayou

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum