The Time to Take Control of Your Brain Health is Now

Go down

The Time to Take Control of Your Brain Health is Now Empty The Time to Take Control of Your Brain Health is Now

Post by Lovebird on Mon Jul 15, 2019 2:55 am

https://scienceofprevention.com/ hosted by dr. David Perlmutter.. with Max Lugavere/dr. Dale Bredesen/Dominic d'Agostino/Valter Longo, just to name a few. Too bad dr. Datis Kharrazian isn't part of it.

Coming soon: July 17, 12 episodes. Smile
Lovebird
Lovebird

Back to top Go down

The Time to Take Control of Your Brain Health is Now Empty Re: The Time to Take Control of Your Brain Health is Now

Post by Narrowminded on Mon Jul 15, 2019 5:26 am

Love Dr. Perlmutter - his cocktail of nutrients for DH when first DX was huge. Will miss Dr. Datis Kharrazian, as I love his thoughts on things.

Thanks for the heads up LB
Narrowminded
Narrowminded

Back to top Go down

The Time to Take Control of Your Brain Health is Now Empty Re: The Time to Take Control of Your Brain Health is Now

Post by Rig D on Mon Jul 15, 2019 7:54 am

Thanks for putting this link up. I'll be watching. Alzheimers is definitely one thing I want to avoid. I'm adding solar revolutions to my experience, but hopefully not getting "older." Don't need anything to affect brain functioning.
Rig D
Rig D

Back to top Go down

Post by ONTARIO on Mon Jul 15, 2019 4:37 pm

I'm also a fan of Perlmutter. I also follow Max Luavere. He has some great things to say about brain health after watching Alzheimer's take his relatively young mother. Thanks for the link!

ONTARIO

Back to top Go down

Post by Narrowminded on Tue Jul 16, 2019 5:07 am

Don’t know how many of you are aware, but Alzheimers also affected Perlmutter’s mother as well.
Narrowminded
Narrowminded

Back to top Go down

Post by Lovebird on Fri Jul 19, 2019 1:30 am

Narrowminded wrote:Don’t know how many of you are aware, but Alzheimers also affected Perlmutter’s mother as well.

Not that it matters much, but it's his father, the brain surgeon.

However, the subject matter of Grain Brain is something I take so seriously because it has a very personal resonance with me.

My father was an incredibly talented physician in his own right, and it’s he who truly inspired me to go into medicine. The time I spent with him growing up was eye-opening and every time you thank me for my work, you’re really just thanking him for being such a great teacher. Some years ago my father, now 95, was diagnosed with Alzheimer’s. I begin each day with a visit to the assisted living facility he currently resides at to spend some time with him and, though he may not always remember my name, he always asks me to check on his patients. He retired over twenty-five years ago.

The story of my father was very much a driving factor behind my interest in Alzheimer’s and desire to better understand the ailment. I only hope my research and work can provide families like mine with some answers, and helpful insight into how we can prevent and treat this disease.
Lovebird
Lovebird

Back to top Go down

Post by Narrowminded on Fri Jul 19, 2019 5:19 am

Sorry LB. I don’t have my copy of Grain Brain right now, it’s lent out. I did get them confused.
Narrowminded
Narrowminded

Back to top Go down

Post by Rig D on Fri Jul 19, 2019 6:02 am

Well into section 3 of the series, so far it can be summed as follows:
Follow the Primal Blueprint.
Good sleep
Low carb
Exercise

Duh.
Rig D
Rig D

Back to top Go down

Post by Lovebird on Fri Jul 19, 2019 6:29 am

Rig D wrote:Well into section 3 of the series, so far it can be summed as follows:
Follow the Primal Blueprint.
Good sleep
Low carb
Exercise

Duh.

Duh indeed. Smile Did you really expect otherwise? Not that anyone even mentioned Primal/paleo in the series... but keto they did mention..

Watch episode 6 on what to eat... link's in my journal. Wink
Lovebird
Lovebird

Back to top Go down

Post by Lovebird on Sun Aug 18, 2019 2:00 am

Why would the approach to keep your brain in good shape be any other than the one to keep your heart healthy? Or the rest of your body for that matter? I've shared the Bredesen protocol on several occasions as there are multiple factors to keep in mind, as there is no magic pill, however plenty of things one can do to prevent.

http://forum.marksdailyapple.com/forum/the-primal-blueprint-forum-discussion/primal-research/2989035-bredesen-protocol-for-alzheimer-s

https://www.aging-us.com/article/100690/text
Lovebird
Lovebird

Back to top Go down

Post by Narrowminded on Sun Aug 18, 2019 5:09 am

Thanks for the additional links LB. Looks like I’m going to be busy reading this evening. Smile
Narrowminded
Narrowminded

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum