Moving Forward Toward Better Health - Part 5

Page 26 of 41 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27 ... 33 ... 41  Next

Go down

Moving Forward Toward Better Health - Part 5 - Page 26 Empty Re: Moving Forward Toward Better Health - Part 5

Post by Pedidoc on Tue Sep 10, 2019 5:18 am

Up before dawn to go into campus with DH. He is teaching nonviolent crisis intervention techniques to our mental health students. My phone an update and Fitbit is not talking to it yet.

I plan on doing paperwork until I go to pick up my car. I am not sure what SWMBO has planned, since she "needs me there." I am not sure if I will have my appointment as they called and asked me to come in the morning, which I could not do. I asked if the doc could just call with the results.

If I have time, I will make a quick grocery run for DH on my way home. Chicken is for dinner.
Pedidoc
Pedidoc

Back to top Go down

Moving Forward Toward Better Health - Part 5 - Page 26 Empty Re: Moving Forward Toward Better Health - Part 5

Post by ONTARIO on Tue Sep 10, 2019 5:12 pm

Pedidoc wrote: I am not sure if I will have my appointment as they called and asked me to come in the morning, which I could not do. I asked if the doc could just call with the results.

You must be anxiously waiting. I hope he at least calls you and you get some answers today. It has to be hard waiting on the results.

ONTARIO

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedidoc on Tue Sep 10, 2019 9:15 pm

Got word that she wanted me to come in, which caused much anxiety until my appointment. I did get done picking up the car and over to their office about 30 minutes early, so she went ahead and saw me. As she walked into the room, she said, "I come with good news." Polyp and scrapings all tested negative. The theory is the polyp caused the issues that sent me to see her. I am cleared to go back on my hormone patch - great news.

SWMBO was is rare form today to the point that she had to apologize to me. I made sure to tell her that DH wants to move back to EP and I have had a firm Associate Dean offer there. She knows I will be there next week, so she probably is worried, as she should be. Since she has never apologized before, it tells me she knows she is behaving badly. On a conference call she was talking so fast she was tripping over her words - manic like. Got several things off my list and am ready for both classes and the medication review tomorrow. It will be a long day - up at 4am and home by 8pm.
Pedidoc
Pedidoc

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedidoc on Wed Sep 11, 2019 6:03 am

Restless sleep and not nearly enough of it. I hate back to back early days.

Two classes to teach and then I've got 3 hours scheduled for medication quiz remediation. I worked all the problems yesterday, so I am ready to go. I will spend the time waiting for traffic to clear putting in the post lecture quizzes.

Leftovers tonight for dinner.
Pedidoc
Pedidoc

Back to top Go down

Post by Narrowminded on Wed Sep 11, 2019 7:16 am

Praise the Lord. Those darn polyps. There were a bain to my existence for a long time.

I’m glad you gave SWMBO something to worry about, in regards to you staying or leaving. Maybe she will get her act together.

Have an awesome day today
Narrowminded
Narrowminded

Back to top Go down

Post by Rig D on Wed Sep 11, 2019 7:48 am

Very glad your tests came back negative., a big relief for you.

Certainly SWMBO doesn't give you any great reason to want to stay vs moving to El Paso. How do you feel about moving there?
Rig D
Rig D

Back to top Go down

Post by perennialpam on Wed Sep 11, 2019 8:43 am

Good news indeed!

Also glad you have an offer to get out of your employment circumstances should you make that decision.

Have a great day Pedi.
perennialpam
perennialpam

Back to top Go down

Post by tomi1000 on Wed Sep 11, 2019 12:42 pm

So very happy the results were in your favor! Smile What a huge relief!

I'm also glad you told SWMBO that you have other options. Now she knows that you don't have to stay in this position and that her behavior could very likely have a strong influence on your decision.

Moving? Wow, that is something exciting to think about!
tomi1000
tomi1000

Back to top Go down

Post by ONTARIO on Wed Sep 11, 2019 1:42 pm

Whew! So glad the results were negative! I'm sure this is a load off of your shoulders.

SWMBO is an idiot. Honestly!

ONTARIO

Back to top Go down

Post by Meant2Move on Wed Sep 11, 2019 9:07 pm

I too am so relieved to learn that the results were negative.

Hope you get some quality rest soon. Your days sound hectic and long and icky! Take care!
Meant2Move
Meant2Move

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedidoc on Wed Sep 11, 2019 10:19 pm

Thank you, everyone. We moved here from EP and I am really not wanting to go back. Ideally, I'd like to retire in the Hill Country around SA.

Yes right now my days are long and not much fun. Today I taught the pedi class (new faculty starts in 2 weeks, thankfully so this was the last time I have to teach it) for 2 hours and then followed with 2 hours of OB. I love teaching the Pedi content and I am qualified to teach the OB content its the 4 hours straight of teaching that is hard. Took about an hour to eat, have some student meetings, and do some other stuff. Then I spent 3 hours doing 50 math problems on a chalkboard and making sure they understood for the retest on Friday. I left the house at 0530 and got home at 830pm. I did stop and do a quick grocery run so DH will have food while I'm Lily watching.

Got good news today that the phone conference/presentation from last Thursday impressed the CFO enough that we can hire 4 more faculty and she absorbed the pre-nursing advisor position into the university budget. Of course, I had to let her know that if they did away with that position, the faculty would walk out because we cannot absorb 300 more advisees. This is a huge win. We have a face to face meeting with her Friday. It will be interesting.

Tomorrow is my rescheduled spa day. I am looking forward to a day with no makeup or hair! Although I do have to say with the messy shag DS3 had me get, I'm pretty much wash and wear with about 5 minutes of messing with a curling iron since the layers allow the natural curl to come out.

Now that the results are back, I can stop doing the stress eating thing and get back on the wagon. If I am not careful, Tomi is going to lap me!
Pedidoc
Pedidoc

Back to top Go down

Post by Annieh on Thu Sep 12, 2019 4:59 am

Pedi, I'm so late, but echo what everyone else said re your tests, and work situation.
Enjoy your spa day. Your work days really are ridiculously long.
Annieh
Annieh

Back to top Go down

Post by perennialpam on Thu Sep 12, 2019 8:20 am

Good news on the biopsy results and congratulations on the phone conference/presentation and the ability to hire more faculty and the loss of responsibility for the pre-nursing candidates.

Have a nice spa day.

perennialpam
perennialpam

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedidoc on Thu Sep 12, 2019 9:57 am

Thanks, Annieh and PPam.

Sleep:7-1, awake 1-36, REM 1-5, light 4-50, deep 1-6, SS 69 (fair). This is actually a fairly good night's sleep for me.

Quick check in before my conference call. I can't believe tomorrow I am off to EP!

Dinner is a GF pasta bake because there will be leftovers for DH while I am gone.
Pedidoc
Pedidoc

Back to top Go down

Post by tomi1000 on Thu Sep 12, 2019 1:20 pm

I'm feeling your readiness to be off to EP! You NEED it and deserve it!
tomi1000
tomi1000

Back to top Go down

Post by Narrowminded on Thu Sep 12, 2019 8:42 pm

Praying for a wonderful time in EP and snuggle time with Philip.
Narrowminded
Narrowminded

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedidoc on Thu Sep 12, 2019 8:57 pm

Spa day was very relaxing. I got the 2 post lecture quizzes and exam 1 entered into the course shell. The test blueprint is also posted, so I feel very productive today! I'm checked into the hotel and have my boarding pass printed. I am TSA Precheck and was upgraded to 1st class.
Tomorrow we have the big meeting with the CFO. I've got a suit set out so I am ready to go early in the morning.
Pedidoc
Pedidoc

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedidoc on Fri Sep 13, 2019 6:04 am

Sleep: 4-51, awake 52m, REM 1-16, light 2-18, Deep 1-16 SS 65 (fair). Not long enough but at least I had decent deep and REM. Up, showered, hair partially dry, drinking coffee and catching up. I have about 15 minutes before I need to finish getting ready.

I plan on leaving campus as soon after the meeting with CFO as I can. I am sure SWMBO will try to delay me.
Pedidoc
Pedidoc

Back to top Go down

Post by Narrowminded on Fri Sep 13, 2019 6:37 am

Good luck today and hopefully you can sneak away before SWMBO grabs you. Of course you have your flight to catch and I doubt she’d want to pick up the cost of your ticket. Smile. Enjoy every moment.
Narrowminded
Narrowminded

Back to top Go down

Post by perennialpam on Fri Sep 13, 2019 8:48 am

Have fun Pedi! Give Philip a squeeze from me.
perennialpam
perennialpam

Back to top Go down

Post by tomi1000 on Fri Sep 13, 2019 12:45 pm

Have a wonderful trip!
tomi1000
tomi1000

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedidoc on Sat Sep 14, 2019 12:10 am

Thanks everyone. The meeting went very well, but SWMBO was in a horrible mood. Right before the meeting she needed her door closed to get her mind right and after the meeting when I stopped by to say I was leaving and did she need anything, she said yes. I asked what and she went off on a tirade that it was too complicated for me to do if I was leaving and once again she was going to have to work the weekend. I do not feel bad about leaving, because she volunteered to do what she is doing and I think she is making it harder than it needs to be while not utilizing all available resources.

Got home, had some lunch, and crashed for a nap. She wears me out! Got up, packed, and DH took me to the airport. Had plenty of time as the flight was about 30 minutes late. Service in 1st class was not what I've had in the past, so while the seat was nice, I was disappointed. Picked up car, checked into hotel, and did a quick grocery and dinner run. One of my students brought me a GF mini bunt cake from where she works, so I brought it with me and will have some for dessert.

Hopefully I will sleep well tonight. I've got the room cooling off well, as I love to sleep cold!
Pedidoc
Pedidoc

Back to top Go down

Post by perennialpam on Sat Sep 14, 2019 4:50 am

SWMBO is simply jealous of you and does not have the same planning ability that you do. She probably does not do the work at home like you.

Hope you slept well.

I'm a cold room sleeper too and am looking forward to a change in the weather.

Have a great time.
perennialpam
perennialpam

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedidoc on Sat Sep 14, 2019 1:00 pm

PPam, I know that she is easily distracted. I have told her before that I cannot help her if she does not tell me what she needs help with. It is easier for her to complain to everyone about how overworked she is and everything is a competition. For example yesterday when asked about MSN staffing, she started saying that lots of the faculty could teach in the program, which is not true. I added that the faculty who could teach in the MSN were currently teaching in the BSN and adjuncts were teaching in the MSN. When questioned further I said the the FNP coordinator and I are both teaching face to face courses and I had 65 students. SWMBO quickly said, so am I and I have 90! I mean seriously, it is not a competition, it is about getting the appropriate faculty to meet all the students' needs.
Pedidoc
Pedidoc

Back to top Go down

Post by tomi1000 on Sat Sep 14, 2019 1:09 pm

Pedidoc............ she sounds mentally damaged to me! Is it menopause? I think she's in WAY over her head with this position - and she knows it!

Put it all out of your head and just relax and enjoy your time with family.
tomi1000
tomi1000

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 26 of 41 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27 ... 33 ... 41  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum