Moving Forward Toward Better Health - Part 5

Page 2 of 34 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 18 ... 34  Next

Go down

Moving Forward Toward Better Health - Part 5 - Page 2 Empty Re: Moving Forward Toward Better Health - Part 5

Post by Pedidoc on Thu Jun 06, 2019 11:17 am

ShelleyM wrote:Good news for DIL. I tend to agree with NM about going home. I know how rough this situation is on young families. Praying continues.
I am in agreement also about better to be safe and stay in the hospital.  I kind of would like them to keep her until she is 24 weeks at minimum.
Pedidoc
Pedidoc

Back to top Go down

Moving Forward Toward Better Health - Part 5 - Page 2 Empty Re: Moving Forward Toward Better Health - Part 5

Post by Pedidoc on Thu Jun 06, 2019 11:18 am

Thanks, Ontario.  It is very good news.
Pedidoc
Pedidoc

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedidoc on Thu Jun 06, 2019 11:22 am

Horrible time going to sleep last night.  Finally around 2:30 am I got to sleep.  Sleep: 5-16; awake 1-28; REM 56m; light 4-1; Deep 19m.  I am beyond exhausted.

I have had my coffee w/stuff and done a weigh in.  I have reached a new low for the year.  I have moved everything off my calendar for today that I can.  I will keep my hair appointment, but will take my laptop and work through the processing times, as usual.  I am thinking that I will make a 0 point chicken & veggie scramble and have another cup of coffee.  If I do not perk up, I am going back to sleep for a couple of hours.

Dinner is clean out the fridge night.
Pedidoc
Pedidoc

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedidoc on Thu Jun 06, 2019 6:14 pm

I did give in and take a couple hour nap.  I still do not feel well - body aches, headache, general malaise.  

DDIL1 has gone 48 hours without bleeding. Smile

Pretty sure we have one last faculty leaving.  No great loss as she is to quote another faculty, "black hole of sucking negativity."  Just means one more to replace.
Pedidoc
Pedidoc

Back to top Go down

Post by tomi1000 on Thu Jun 06, 2019 8:11 pm

Oh I'm so sorry you are not feeling well! I hope it passed quickly!

Great news on DDIL1 and the baby. They can do amazing things for premmies now! In 1984 I lost twins at 21 weeks Sad That was just too soon to do anything. But things are different now. Medical advances are saving so many babies.
tomi1000
tomi1000

Back to top Go down

Post by The Walrus on Thu Jun 06, 2019 8:24 pm

Of course I don't get a vote on this, but geez louise, they should keep her!

Glad to hear you are doing well with WW. I have found a WW workshop near me, haven't quite decided yet. It is in the evening, and my evenings are kind of sacred as that is family quality time. However, Jason Seib is starting a new online group...I'm thinking of that. It is comparable in price to WW.
The Walrus
The Walrus

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedidoc on Thu Jun 06, 2019 9:19 pm

Thank you, Tomi.  Even now a days 21 weeks is early, especially for twins who are usually smaller.  I am sorry you went through the experience.

I think they should keep her longer too, but I do not get a vote either.  I do not do the f-2-f.  I am fine with the online tracking.  I can hold myself accountable and I "talk" to the tribe.
Pedidoc
Pedidoc

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedidoc on Thu Jun 06, 2019 9:20 pm

I still feel blah.  I did eat some chicken and veggies and am pushing fluid.  I will do to bed in a bit as I have the clinic tomorrow.  Fortunately I have 2 students to help me out.
Pedidoc
Pedidoc

Back to top Go down

Post by ShelleyM on Fri Jun 07, 2019 7:36 am

Oh dear! Praying the blah feeling is short-lived and that you are well rested for today. Take care.
ShelleyM
ShelleyM

Back to top Go down

Post by Narrowminded on Fri Jun 07, 2019 8:18 am

Praise the Lord for 48 hours with no bleeding. I can’t remember you mentioned her getting to 24 weeks, but how far is she now?

So sorry you are feeling ill. I hope it passes quickly. Body aches are not a good sign.

Great job sticking to the points. I’ve had a rough week with Mom, so not as good as I should have been.

Hope you have a better day.
Narrowminded
Narrowminded

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedidoc on Fri Jun 07, 2019 9:03 am

ShelleyM wrote:Oh dear! Praying the blah feeling is short-lived and that you are well rested for today. Take care.
Thank you, Shelley.
Pedidoc
Pedidoc

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedidoc on Fri Jun 07, 2019 9:07 am

Narrowminded wrote:Praise the Lord for 48 hours with no bleeding.  I can’t remember you mentioned her getting to 24 weeks, but how far is she now?

So sorry you are feeling ill.  I hope it passes quickly.  Body aches are not a good sign.

Great job sticking to the points.  I’ve had a rough week with Mom, so not as good as I should have been.

Hope you have a better day.
Thanks, NM.  She is 19 weeks right now, so a long way to go.
Pedidoc
Pedidoc

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedidoc on Fri Jun 07, 2019 9:18 am

Sleep:  5-15; awake 1-13; REM 53m; light 3-35; deep 47m.  I went to bed earlier last night and really thought I would get in almost 7 hours with more deep.  I am tired and not really looking forward to the day at the clinic, but as the pediatrician took the day off and I have students coming I have to go. Sad

I am trying to get syllabi and courses together for summer 2, which starts July 1.  I am still getting quizzes entered for the two courses I am currently teaching.  The students that are coming are checking off for one of the three clinical classes I am teaching.  

I am also trying to get the group of FT applicants through the process far enough that we can bring them all on campus 7/11 to give presentations to faculty.  I think summer staffing is settled and am moving on to fall staffing. 

Of course, I am also worrying about DS1, DDIL1, and Lily.

Tuesday I leave for Austin.  I have an evening and night alone and DH will join me from training Wednesday.  We will get an evening and night alone and then will have dinner with Felix and parents Thursday with Felix spending the night Thursday and maybe Friday night. Home Saturday.
Pedidoc
Pedidoc

Back to top Go down

Post by tomi1000 on Fri Jun 07, 2019 1:40 pm

As always you are so busy! It makes my head spin.

I hope the sickies go away soon! Prayers and hugs!
tomi1000
tomi1000

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedidoc on Fri Jun 07, 2019 9:54 pm

Thanks, Tomi.
Pedidoc
Pedidoc

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedidoc on Fri Jun 07, 2019 9:59 pm

I made it through clinic and actually had a good day. I have 3 fantastic students (1 Baylor PA and 1FNP and 1 PNP that are from my school). Two spoke Spanish and the other Vietnamese - we used both languages today, so it was good to have the skill set available. Got done at 4, out by 4:10 and home by 4:55, which is really good.

Got my grading caught up. Last night of leftovers for dinner. I did my usual BAS with chicken.  Then had an ounce of dark chocolate, almond, sea salt bark since I had plenty of points available.  

I am tired, but feel pretty good, or at least better than I have been.  Getting ready to go to bed.
Pedidoc
Pedidoc

Back to top Go down

Post by Narrowminded on Sat Jun 08, 2019 8:04 am

Sounds like you ended up with a really good day. That’s awesome.

And it sounds like an awesome week coming up with the kids and me time and DH time. Perfect.

Good on you sticking to the points.
Narrowminded
Narrowminded

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedidoc on Sat Jun 08, 2019 8:48 am

Narrowminded wrote:Sounds like you ended up with a really good day.  That’s awesome.

And it sounds like an awesome week coming up with the kids and me time and DH time.  Perfect.

Good on you sticking to the points.
Thanks, NM.  I am looking forward to not having an alarm go off tomorrow!  Rolling Eyes
Pedidoc
Pedidoc

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedidoc on Sat Jun 08, 2019 8:51 am

Sleep: 6-37; awake 39m; REM 1-34; light 3-57; Deep 1-6.  Deep improved, but I am still dragging this morning even with a shower and coffee.

Have to hustle to get ready to leave, but I just did not feel like packing my bento box last night.  Hard boiled egg, apple slices with lemon juice, and 2 small containers with 2T unsweetened vanilla almond milk for another coffee when I get to work.

More later.
Pedidoc
Pedidoc

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedidoc on Sat Jun 08, 2019 9:06 pm

Had a great get together with students from all 5 cohorts.  Some brought their families and we had the BSN students to watch the kids.  

I got most of what I needed printed before the event began and ate my bento box with a cup of coffee while doing it.  Lunch was fajitas, so I had chicken, veggies, and pico.  I did not eat any M & M s during the "ice breaker."  I stayed until about 5:30 getting some detail work done that required concentration (about 4 hours worth).  Stopped at the grocery store for a few things on the way home.

After I got the groceries unpacked and put away, my stuff put up, face cleaned, and changed into soft clothes I made a chicken and veggie scramble for dinner.  Now feet are up and I am chillaxing!
Pedidoc
Pedidoc

Back to top Go down

Post by Narrowminded on Sun Jun 09, 2019 8:20 am

Wow sounds like a fun and productive day. I hope you sleep is just as good.
Narrowminded
Narrowminded

Back to top Go down

Post by perennialpam on Sun Jun 09, 2019 9:15 am

Sounds very productive and the chillaxing is even a better end to your day.

Congrats.
perennialpam
perennialpam

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedidoc on Sun Jun 09, 2019 11:59 am

Thanks NM and PPam.  I deliberately stayed when I was the only one in the office to work on things, because tomorrow SWMBO will be there and I am sure I will not have extended periods of time where I can concentrate on things.
Pedidoc
Pedidoc

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedidoc on Sun Jun 09, 2019 12:15 pm

Sleep: 8-40; awake 1-36; REM 51m; Light 6-57; Deep 62m.  Great on the length of sleep as I finally got over 5 hours, but could have used more deep as usual. I feel tired, the bottoms of my feet hurt, and I have a bad case of the I do not want to do anything.

I move a few things around so that today I plan to try on the stuff that I have ordered, make some chicken salad, look at a syllabus and fix it to work as an independent study for one person, review the 6 courses being offered the second 8-weeks of the summer semester, and picking questions for a quiz to type in later.  There is still enough food in the fridge for dinner.

I bounced up 0.2 pounds after being at my yearly low and I am sitting there. I need to be patient, because I know it will drop down and stay down. I really would love to be in the 150s in 3 weeks when we go to EP. It would require a 4.4 pound drop to reach, so there is no guarantee. In 6 weeks we go on the cruise with the couple we travel with. You may remember she is the one who had the weight loss surgery and talks a ton about what size she wears and how little she eats.  I would be thrilled to be around 155 at that point, but that would be an 8.4 to 9.2 pound drop, so I am fairly resigned to not making that wish come true.
Pedidoc
Pedidoc

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedidoc on Sun Jun 09, 2019 6:09 pm

Got everything on the list done.  

Made a quick stir fry type meal for dinner with onion, green beans, yellow squash, and chicken.
Pedidoc
Pedidoc

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 34 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 18 ... 34  Next