AutumnTiger starting over

Page 3 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

Re: AutumnTiger starting over

Post by Greensprout on Sun Jan 14 2018, 23:24

Pedidoc wrote:I like sprouts roasted in bacon fat with bacon sprinkles.
Me too!  They caramelize into crispy crunchy veggie candy.  And I get to eat them all as hubby doesn’t like them, despite my efforts to win him over> Rolling Eyes
Greensprout

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Narrowminded on Mon Jan 15 2018, 01:51

AT sounds like fabulous progress with the reorganizing. Congrats on getting the W30 restated as well
Narrowminded

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by AutumnTiger on Mon Jan 15 2018, 23:51

W30 compliant today but ate loads .... eat all things kicking in
AutumnTiger

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by AutumnTiger on Wed Jan 17 2018, 13:26

Broken record time (and broken Tiger, too) - I appear to be succumbing to DH's lurgy.

I have been incredibly tired for the past couple of days, eyes watering/closing from the moment I get up kind of tired, yesterday I was freezing cold (although the weather has turned colder anyway) and sneezing and last night and this morning the sniffles have started. On the plus side, today I am toasty warm!

Up until this morning I was doing well on W30 and yesterday my appetite was back to normal.
However, I have tummy troubles. Whether related to germs or possibly impeding TOTM only time will tell.

In my "misery" I have allowed myself two cups of coffee with milk and sugar this morning. Partly to cheer me up and partly to allay the little voice that is telling me I am not well enough for W30 and encouraging me to eat that tube of Pringles I put away!
Real food is off the menu until dinner methinks.

I am being very gentle with myself and getting out of my seat to step (to get my 250/hr) at the end of each audit is on hold.
Gentle box de-cluttering is restarted/continues. Today was ripping out used pages in a notebook wherein I found all the plans I made when returning to uni as a mature student in 2005; the alarm code for my first house and the shopping list and menu plan for the buffet for the housewarming party for said house - happy memories.

I have to be very gentle as we are away this weekend visiting my mom and catching our team playing away (against the team I used to support, which went bust, was resurrected as another team, which then also went bust due to the re-formation of the old, old team. Its complicated and I have no affinity to the new (old) team!!)

I think the caffeine has kicked in as I feel somewhat more alert. But that's as close to "drugs" as I am getting (at this stage).

I'm just frustrated at how once you get a little bit run down everything can just throw you back out of whack again. In mid-winter it is just impossible to get any healthier and recover. YIf you have succumbed once you just seem to be at the mercy of anything.
I'm keeping on with the vits and supplements and Lord knows we eat enough fruit and veg in this house. I really need some winter sun, or just to live in better climes.

Anyway, I'm generally OK and its not the end of the world ... sorry to be a wet blanket Smile
AutumnTiger

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Pebbles67 on Wed Jan 17 2018, 16:07

Hope you feel better soon AT
Pebbles67

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedidoc on Wed Jan 17 2018, 16:40

Take time to care for yourself AT. W30 can wait.
Pedidoc

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Narrowminded on Wed Jan 17 2018, 19:08

Take care AT and drink lots of fluids.
Narrowminded

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Annieh on Wed Jan 17 2018, 19:11

AutumnTiger wrote:
Anyway, I'm generally OK and its not the end of the world ... sorry to be a wet blanket Smile
Smile I love how you let it all out and then end with this. Shows you have not lost all perspective.
May you kick this lurgy soon Smile
Annieh

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by AutumnTiger on Wed Jan 17 2018, 23:32

Thanks for the well wishes.

No departures from W30 other than the milk & sugar in coffee, so not too bad but I know sugar is the villain for me. I only want warm food, too, so salads are out.

Sort of relaxing evening. Got perked up with DH telling me some of his colleagues play trading card games. I have a very large storage box full of them so some sorting out got done. More fond memories. But it did spark the urge, which was not the intention.

Earlyish night pending
AutumnTiger

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Meant2Move on Thu Jan 18 2018, 02:03

Hope your sleep was restful and you soon start to mend.
Meant2Move

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Heuristicfireflower on Thu Jan 18 2018, 11:22

Just remember it's temporary. It'll pass and you'll have your energy back, and you'll be able to pick up where you left off.
Heuristicfireflower

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by AutumnTiger on Thu Jan 18 2018, 14:13

Feeling surprisingly alert for a mediocre night's sleep. Got 6.5 hours with a one hour awake phase from about 2:30am.
However, I am eating minimal amounts and being semi-fasted has proven one of the best ways for me to fight a cold. I'm also keeping the carbs right down, with just those in my sugar and milk in coffee.
Speaking of sugar - we found an organic coconut sugar in the supermarket a few days ago. Now I have found the right measure I can't tell the difference. I know it isn't any healthier, and I'm unsure that is any better environmentally, but it is organic, which is something I haven't been able to find in regular sugar so that's a small win.
And speaking of environment, I do worry about the exponentially growing trend of using coconut. I wonder how long it will be before its use a crop begins to negatively impact the environments in which it is grown *sigh*
All things in moderation, I guess.
AutumnTiger

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Meant2Move on Thu Jan 18 2018, 19:41

You are right to worry. Mono-cultures tend to result from the sudden popularity of any plant product and those are never healthy.

Wow, sorry, that was super negative sounding which was not my intent. We humans change things with our every action. At least organic indicates fewer chemical inputs.

We can drag through this day together...
Meant2Move

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Pebbles67 on Thu Jan 18 2018, 20:01

Love your avatar. That is all.
Pebbles67

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by AutumnTiger on Fri Jan 19 2018, 10:09

Thanks Pebbles - that was am amazing holiday and I am desperate to repeat it Smile

Good night's sleep and feeling brighter today (despite the catarrh getting worse and letting me know I am proper infected).
I'm hopefully that the trip away this weekend will not be a complete washout. And as long as we get decent sleep at the hotel I should be OK.

Lots of personal tasks to do today in between my work tasks as I would like to get my prep and packing for the weekend done before dinner tonight, that way I can have a relaxing evening and early night. Plus, when I am under the weather I tend to run out of steam and concentration by dinner and so even packing for one night away would take twice as long as it should due to brain fog.

Best get to it then!
AutumnTiger

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by perennialpam on Fri Jan 19 2018, 12:41

Have fun packing and this weekend.

<<hugs>> for feeling better sooner rather than later.
perennialpam

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by AutumnTiger on Sat Jan 20 2018, 17:24

Visiting mum and grandma - always bittersweet. And over too quickly.
There may be plans afoot though as mum's house is a project we've had a possible brainwave about!
More another time. Currently in a supermarket foyer with the dog while mum picks up a few groceries.
AutumnTiger

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Narrowminded on Sun Jan 21 2018, 12:30

Ohh sounds intriguing. Can’t wait to hear about the possible project. Enjoy the rest of your weekend.
Narrowminded

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by AutumnTiger on Tue Jan 23 2018, 15:14

Really need to connect today, but too many "priorities" to deal with.

Tidy Magic revolves around clearing floor space as I'm expecting someone to measure up to replace the (not very) faulty carpets. A long story.

On the back foot with work today and just can't motivate myself past it.

Eating is back to fairly primal, I'm doing my best to keep it mostly W30, but not strong enough at the moment to forego coffee my way. I'm rolling with it.

Mulling the ideas from the weekend, too, which is probably adding to the unsettled feeling - another long story. I have lots to share, but no time!
AutumnTiger

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by AutumnTiger on Tue Jan 23 2018, 16:53

Carpet people now coming tomorrow to measure up, so that's a bit of relief.

I'm not looking forward to the eventual fitting though - all three downstairs living areas being done!

That is an awful lot of books/bookcases, desks, units, instruments, electronics and furniture to be moved. We might as well be moving house again!
AutumnTiger

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Annieh on Tue Jan 23 2018, 19:57

What a pain. Three rooms! And just when you had everything where you want it. Maybe it will inspire another layer of minimalising, if you find there are is anything you just can't bear to move twice. Or maybe you can think of it as another good workout or three, Lifting Heavy Things. I am still anticipating moving my piano back where it belongs, unfortunately the empty space has been encroached upon by leftover wedding paraphernalia. We will have to deal with stuff as long as we live.
Annieh

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by AutumnTiger on Wed Jan 24 2018, 11:01

It definitely going to be a good workout Annie. We may manage some minimalising, but most of downstairs is as we want it. There are six bookcases, two of those box-style storage units (one large, one small), one six foot high cupboard, computer desk, dining table, three x two-seater sofas, one keyboard, one drum kit ... and on!
I am sure we will be able to have some clearing out - especially the desk, cupboard and drawers used by DH. And he's more efficient at that kind of sorting than I am. I am a slow, considered plodder, he is much more impetuous. I am definitely looking forward to his addressing his desk area - particularly the vinyl heat press, affectionately known as "the anvil" due to its weight!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
So, the carpet guy has been. And promptly left more dirt on our (pale) carpets in five minutes than we have in four years! Grr! It is a good job they are replacing them.
Somewhat ironic of course that the carpets are being replaced after we bought a wet-style carpet cleaner after Christmas!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I am still focusing on getting more sleep and last night finally managed to get more than eight hours. The two previous nights I was also in bed long enough to achieve that but woke up in the middle of the night, one night for no known reason, but the night before last was due to DH not turning the heating down when he came to bed - guaranteed to wake me up!
Ironically, this morning I struggled most to get out of bed. It took me 30 minutes. Normally, I am out of bed within two minutes of my alarm going off.
However, now I am up and about I feel OK.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I have found two more boxes to continue tidying. Both of which I think are on their second pass, i.e. they have been previously "sorted". So, I guess this will be the filing and homing stage for this material and I am not expecting to throw much away.
AutumnTiger

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by perennialpam on Wed Jan 24 2018, 14:43

Good for you for making the best of the situation and going further with KonMarie.

Glad your DH is along for the W30 or primal ride, I forget which. Must be helpful.
perennialpam

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Narrowminded on Thu Jan 25 2018, 01:02

New carpet sounds wonderful, but the moving of furniture not so much.

Happy to hear the eating is going well. And having a partner in crime always makes it easier.
Narrowminded

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by AutumnTiger on Fri Jan 26 2018, 20:22

Oof! Another week of treading water instead of going forwards. At least I don't (really) feel like I am going backwards.
Every time I have seen a glimmer of hope to get "out from under" this week something else has cropped up. Each time I thought I was done, another task that had to be done would appear ... even tonight ... DH sent a message at 5pm saying he was expecting to leave shortly, then calls at 6.25pm to say he's finally on his way. Its been a week of things like that.

So, although I prepped dinner, its now 7.20pm and we're not fed - very unusual in our house. Only one night this week have we eaten before 7pm. I'm not sure I'm liking DH's new job! (Same employer, different role, new team to manage).

It isn't improved by the fact that I need to work tomorrow morning. After clocking off early last Friday I still haven't been able to make the time up due to one thing and another like sorting out the carpet people. Hopefully, that will be the end of the bad run, and I can start to see some progress next week.

Moan over. Dinner. Hopefully, more "chat" later Smile
AutumnTiger

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next