AutumnTiger starting over

Page 11 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11

Go down

Re: AutumnTiger starting over

Post by Narrowminded on Fri Nov 23, 2018 9:39 am

Sounds like a mixed bag with the phone system. However you could still bring a box or bag of things that need sorted/KonMari’d and have it at the ready for lulls in the phone. You’d still be at your computer, but still getting sorting done as well.

Hope today finds you feeling a bit more energetic.
Narrowminded

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Heuristicfireflower on Sun Nov 25, 2018 2:38 am

AutumnTiger wrote:
B is working tonight, so just DH and me for dinner, then DH is out to Scouts. I was going to colour my hair and do some prep for the Mission Day this weekend, but I am running low on oomph again. Its been cloudy, drizzly and cold all day, so the weather isn't helping. Plus I got TOTM, so hibernate mode is kicking in. I've asked DH to pick me up some snacks on the way home and will spend the evening on the sofa methinks.

Sometimes that's all that's needed, just a big space of downtime. Hope you had a relaxing evening.
Heuristicfireflower

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by AutumnTiger on Mon Nov 26, 2018 3:48 am

I did get time to myself on Thursday, but with only 3.5 hours sleep on Thursday night, Friday was a complete crash, and I took the day off sick. That was the time I needed to rest, recover and have that me space that has been missing in the last few months.

Saturday was a fairly relaxed, stay local kind of day. I got invited out to meet up for coffee with one of the local Pokemon Go/Ingress players who was also coming to the Mission Day on Sunday. Unfortunately, the timings did not work out - it was a fairly loose arrangement, but it meant I went out and got my steps in (while waiting for word about a time to meet). I was glad to get the air and some steps so it was all good.

Fortunately, we did bump in to each other at the Mission Day yesterday, helped by the fact that there was a group photo. I also got to meet another Facebook friend whom I know from the geocaching tribe but wasn't sure we had ever met, or if we had it was a long time ago and we passed on a trail somewhere kinda thing. He has as many varied interests and hobbies and DH and I do, and he always first in on my posts related to Ingress achievements etc. so it was good to finally get to say hello in person, etc.

So, yesterday was a ball - I loved it. The organisation was superb, the people very friendly and it is great to see so much cross-faction co-operation - there are two colour teams who in the normal play of the game are "opposed" to each other, but these cross faction events show how well it works when we all play nicely! Generally, there is a lot of mutual respect among players but as with all things there are those who take it too far and believe the rivalry is real. None of that in evidence yesterday. It wasn't as busy with people as I expected it to be, still several hundred, but low hundreds when I expected high hundreds. But it could just be because the timings that people kept were so distributed. I can only go off the group photo and there were a couple hundred for that and there is no saying how many people didn't bother.

My feet and legs are feeling the 15,000 plus steps/eight and a half miles we did, particularly because it was all on pavements, which are not kind even with decent walking boots on.
We did however still have the energy that when we had finished the missions for the day and had stopped for dinner and we got a message about going to the game for the lower division hockey team that plays out of our rink we decided we were up for that. It is on our route home, so that didn't make any difference, but it did add another three hours to the day.

It seems to have been the restorative play that I needed, and getting some decent sleep always helps. Will need to treat myself kindly in the next four working weeks before I get the Christmas break, but at least the end is in sight.

One other idea DH and I discussed is that a lot of my problems seem to have started since I stopped with the contraceptive pill. Rather ironic seeing as I stopped due to concerns that my hormones had been artificially controlled for over twenty years. Anyway, I may go see my GP about going back on it. And carefully monitor any potential side effects in respect of weight gain, which is said to be an issue, however, I seem to have been the opposite, and gained since I came off.

More generic stuff later, like sleep etc. but that is the weekend caught up on Smile
AutumnTiger

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Narrowminded on Mon Nov 26, 2018 9:34 am

Sound like you had a relaxing and fun weekend. That always helps the mental state. Being anxious and busy all the time wears on you.

Have a great day AT
Narrowminded

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by AutumnTiger on Tue Nov 27, 2018 12:25 pm

Sleep 6h 46m, Awake 1h 16m, REM 1h 16m, Light 4h 36m, Deep 54m
Feel better than the sleep would belie, and I remember being very restless - woke up far too hot at one stage.

However, I have powered through the day, which after a slightly ropey/distracted start has been very productive. Helped by having some easy cases today, for a change.

Now excited that DH and I are off to the cinema tonight to see Fantastic Beasts: Crimes of Grindlewald, and we are going for the upgrade to comfy seats and unlimited snacks and soft drinks, so popcorn and nachos it is for dinner Smile Not primal, but life is short, and this is something we rarely do.
We booked it only in the last hour, after I realised that its Meerkat night and we have no B at home for dinner.
AutumnTiger

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Meant2Move on Tue Nov 27, 2018 4:40 pm

I look forward to hearing what you thought of the movie.
Meant2Move

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Narrowminded on Tue Nov 27, 2018 7:08 pm

Have fun AT - I too want to hear what you think of the movie.
Narrowminded

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by AutumnTiger on Wed Nov 28, 2018 5:48 am

Sleep 6h 36m, Awake 42m, REM 1h 9m, Light 3h 57m, Deep 1h 30m

Wow, some good deep sleep there. One hour of it was as soon as my head hit the follow, so possibly explaining why I feel fairly functional despite an overall short night (for me, for best health).

So, DH has talked me in to going to the away game at Nottingham tonight. We played them at our place on Saturday and took a narrow defeat after conceding an empty net goal to flatter the visitors 3-1.
The coach leaving has resulted in a massive turn around for the team, and the players want to win/have their passion back.
The coach was an odd one, said all the right things but it was his way or no way, wouldn't have an assistant coach etc. and the rumour mill - which I have heard from credible sources, and so many times that I believe it - has it that he fired a guy on the spot, in public, not even in the locker room.

Anyway, our two guys that were standing in on the bench have been named as player-coaches for the rest of the season; the fired guy was re-hired and he got two goals on Sunday for us, the second being in overtime to secure us a win against the top team in the league, who are aiming for their third consecutive league title, at their barn!!

So, our team has its mojo back and the travelling "barmy army" (as the fans are known) is showing its colours. Exciting times, you-only-live-once, etc. So, tonight I am off to Nottingham.

Cramming in work, with an early start, got my boss's approval to take my mobile on the road for the last 30 minutes of my working day. Thankful that it was the manager boss I got to ask as the director boss is on holiday.

More about the movie shortly.
AutumnTiger

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by AutumnTiger on Wed Nov 28, 2018 6:06 am

Fantastic Beasts: Crimes of Grindlewald

Hmm. Yes, I enjoyed it, but it very much felt like a bridging film. It was taking FB forward from a (potentially) stand alone film to creating the backdrop for a new series.
I thought this series was going to be three films, but DH checked after the movie and says five. Sounds about right.

I also think that a lot of the "magic" of the movie is probably in the 3D version, which we did not watch.

Now we know Newt and the others the movie didn't have the fun of new characters, only new interactions, and there was a lot of depth and mystery for setting things up for later. If I'm honest, I would have preferred to read the story as the plot lines are running deep.

And yes, the baby Nifflers are cute, but talk about a cameo appearance!

I'm looking forward to the intrigue of who is who and what happens next, but as a movie I can't say it delighted me like the first one did.

What did you think?
AutumnTiger

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by AutumnTiger on Thu Nov 29, 2018 3:45 am

Sleep 6h 26m, Awake 59m, REM 1h 39m, Light 3h 58m, Deep 49m

A fun time at the game tonight although neither team was particularly on form. It was scrappy end to end stuff but the home team had the run of the puck with their chances finding the net and ours only finding the posts. At 3-1 down in the final two minutes yet again we pulled the netminder - a strange decision as we were never going to win and yet again they got an empty net goal meaning the final score flattered them.
Hey hum - we showed our support, and we know its appreciated.
AutumnTiger

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Narrowminded on Thu Nov 29, 2018 9:28 am

Sounds like our games have been going as of late. Glad you were able to go though
Narrowminded

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by AutumnTiger on Fri Nov 30, 2018 3:50 am

Sleep 8h 9m - no details, shows 17 times restless.

Feeling much brighter after some good sleep. Shame there are no stats, but whatever.

Yesterday dragged as expected after two late nights in a row. However, I was reasonably happy with the work done, 17/20 for audits but lots of calls, and several "tasks" which are follow-up things for previous audits.

I was productive in other ways, too - like colouring my hair in my lunch break.

Last evening I also got some PhD hunting done, and some research on one I am going to apply for.

Can't do everything though hence no check in here.

DH picked up dinner so that also allowed me to get back to my language practice; I had missed a week already! I also made an online payment for some extra swag from the mission day. The patches came out really nice, and DH wanted one and I wanted a second so that I have one to wear and one for a camp blanket.

After two days of cold, grey, windy and rainy weather, tt is bright and sunny today, so I have the blinds in my study open for the first time in two days. Its also quite a bit milder, thank goodness. I do worry about the heating bill now I work from home.

Last day of the month for work today, and for once I finish the month feeling like I have pulled my weight towards the team bonus - hoping we make it. I'm also covering the inbox for the latter third of my working day, and will be doing so for three consecutive Fridays - bah! But at least the chap allocating my work has taken that in to account. Shame the boss who sets the monthly target doesn't!

Anyway - onwards!
AutumnTiger

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Narrowminded on Fri Nov 30, 2018 7:33 am

Here’s to a wonderful day for you.
Narrowminded

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by perennialpam on Fri Nov 30, 2018 8:33 am

You have so many personal goals I am amazed. Good for you.

perennialpam

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The Walrus on Sun Dec 02, 2018 10:44 pm

I'm going to check out that film - we might even get it in our isolated neck of the woods. Actually I have never been to the local cinema, that is a situation that has to change!
The Walrus

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by AutumnTiger on Mon Dec 03, 2018 3:55 am

Morning Walrus, I'm pretty sure the film should make it everywhere. The Wizarding World franchise is ubiquitous.
AutumnTiger

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by AutumnTiger on Mon Dec 03, 2018 4:23 am

Sleep 7h 23m - no details again! Don't remember any of it, and I feel rested, so guessing all is good.

Busy weekend.

Friday night was Christmas lights switch on, with a few fireworks, and there was a special Christmas market, plus there are funfair rides (not many) and lots of noise. We had a good time, bumped into people we know. Called for a drink at the local small local real ale pub that started up a couple of years back. Found out I still can't drink red wine without getting the reflux lump in my throat - boo! Ruined an otherwise love glass of Merlot. We sat out the back of the pub, as it really is a micro pub - twenty people and it is full to the rafters, as it was relatively mild and we dressed for being out, and DH realised he was in a part of town he'd never been in before. The pub backs in to open alleyway of shops - very Diagon Alley style, that DH didn't even know existed, so we mooched around shop windows exploring. I've seen them before but some had changed. Then we wandered home via the supermarket and picked up hot chocolate, marshmallows and squirty cream. Laced with alcohol we made very indulgent hot chocolates when we got home.

Saturday started slowly with coffee in bed and Lego - DH and I both have Lego advent calendars. He has the usual Star Wars while I have gone for Friends (not the TV series!) this year as they have dropped the mini-figures and has all Christmas ornaments, which it appears can all have string attached so they can be hung.
Next up was a trip to town to collect bears and a toy. This weekend was "air the bear" at hockey, where when we score our first goal we litter the ice with teddy bears for charity. The toy was for toy festival at the church where DH and his Scouts did parade this weekend. Again, also to be donated to those less fortunate.
I picked up some new pillows, too, with a memory foam core. Will see if they help with my neck problems.
I also managed to donate a bag of books to the charity shop, which have been waiting by the front door to be taken out of the house for who knows how long. They were too heavy for me to carry and we don't often go/take the car to town.
Then it was time for dinner and out to hockey. DH was there super early as he was working a different patch, selling 50-50 tickets, to cover someone else, which put him out the front of the building so he wanted to be there early to catch everyone arriving. I used the opportunity to play nearby; there was a Pokemon Go event on this whole weekend, so I made a good start. I also got my steps.
Our team got the win, a comfortable 5-2, against the dirtiest team in the league without too many fights/injuries, so that was a lovely end to the day.

Meant to mention, B's study books - that I so carefully wrote up a couple of weekends ago, finally got listed on a local free recycling website and were collected on Friday. So that is a copier paper size box of books less in the house.

Sunday: DH got up and did church parade, I was going to go and PoGo but decided to go later in the day and stayed home and made our cooked breakfast. Then DH went to watch B play football - he doesn't go much any more since B changed teams, and is 17 now, but B now plays for a better team and had asked DH to go. So he finally managed to fit it in to the schedule, and it was a fairly local team, which it often isn't any more.
i used the opportunity to continue the PoGo weekend - I had certain things I wanted to accomplish. This weekend was all about catching up from events you may have missed earlier in the year, and as DH and I only started playing again in summer there was lots I had missed. 12,000 steps and 6 miles later I'd done everything I wanted.
I was rather footsore. I have lovely new walking boots - a pair of ankle high Brashers, but my feet seem to be complaining about the level of support in the shoes. I have flat feet - clinically - and given that I spend most summers in flat Converse style trainers, my feet then complain when they are forced into shoes/boots in the winter months that generally have more support. I don't wear heels, but even the inch thick sole rather than the 1mm of sneakers, makes a big difference. My quads are also telling me I got some steps in, too! It's all good.

Fairly bright start to the morning i.e. the blinds are open, although I do need the overhead light. Still not ordered my lightbox. I found one on the Argos site but can't seem to find it available in any of the local stores or available to deliver for collection at a local store.

The new pillow seems ok. Today, and back to my desk, will be the real test I guess.

Speaking of which - work time!
AutumnTiger

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by AutumnTiger on Mon Dec 03, 2018 4:26 am

This morning - washer on already. Glass recycling* that was washed last night moved from drainer to recycling box. Various bits of tidying of the general "stuff" that gets left around when you are in and out all weekend.

*Forgot to say that I also cleared out the top shelf of the fridge - the condiment shelf - of anything old and/or out of date. About six jars disposed of.
AutumnTiger

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Narrowminded on Mon Dec 03, 2018 9:47 am

Sounds like a productive weekend for you AT.
Narrowminded

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by AutumnTiger on Thu Dec 06, 2018 2:57 pm

A thoughtful and soul searching kind of week.
I'll be back when my head isn't so scrambled.
AutumnTiger

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Narrowminded on Thu Dec 06, 2018 3:57 pm

Hugs AT as you work through whatever it is. Smile

Narrowminded

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The Walrus on Fri Dec 07, 2018 12:54 am

We’ll be here for you! Smile