AutumnTiger starting over

Page 2 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

Re: AutumnTiger starting over

Post by perennialpam on Sat Dec 16, 2017 7:17 am

No, this PlayGirl magazine was from an 1989 folder. Looking through the magazine was odd indeed. Don't remember how I got it but it had to be a present for some birthday or other.
perennialpam

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The Walrus on Sun Dec 24, 2017 6:09 pm

Merry Christmas, AT! santa rendeer And Happy New Year!
The Walrus

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Greensprout on Mon Dec 25, 2017 6:21 pm

Happy holidays, AT. Best wishes to you and family.
Greensprout

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by AutumnTiger on Sun Dec 31, 2017 7:02 am

Yikes, too long again! Thanks to all for the good wishes, and the chuckle re the magazine. I have some interesting things of that nature in my possession thanks to humorous birthday gifts!

We had a great time in France. The gite was amaazing with plenty of space for us all and it was very well equipped.
The time absolutely flew by. One more day would have been nice, just to relax after Christmas day, but otherwise we had the right amount of time. Yes, the children were loud, but there were no major meltdowns, and during the adult only time we had some great fun.
We managed to do a tiny bit of sight-seeing as our village has an interesting tale to tell - it is the source of a river. Apparently one night a couple of hundred years ago a small geyser, about 10ft high, came gushing out of the ground, right in the middle of the road as Murphy's Law would have it, and it is now a small pond and the source of the river La Lys. That is the "lys" as in the Fleur de Lys symbol associated with France. Sadly, my portal submission for the information board was rejected, however, the portal on the local church was accepted, so I am pretty pleased with that, especially as there are no other portals within a couple of miles.

Food and drink was pretty quiet for me over Christmas as I continue to struggle to shake multiple low-level infections. I did overeat Christmas dinner, but then didn't eat anything else for ~22 hours.

I have been working the three days in between, including one day in the office, and those days have been sandwiched by ice hockey games: home and away, so very full on!

Gave in and went to the doctors over my cough, which was the right thing as I now have Amoxicillin for that and Dacktakort for the rash. It was the right thing anyway, but the nurse said my throat was still inflamed. However, judging by the feeling in my throat since then I suspect I was coming down with yet something else. Only had two full days of the abx but feeling somewhat more human; a good night's sleep also helps with that.

After two consecutive very late nights we are planning a low-key New Years Eve. I may not even stay up until midnight.
DH is going to cook "something nice", which is dependent on what our local "posh" supermarket has left in its fridges, but it will be close to primal, and certainly not the frozen and breaded concoctions that could otherwise be considered acceptable on NYE.
We have a bit of chocolate and a few sweet treats kicking about, which I will enjoy today and tomorrow, and then from the 2nd we are both committed to Whole 30 for January.
I am definitely so over low-quality milk chocolate anything! Its actually quite enjoyable becoming a food snob Smile

I didn't really have much planned in the way of resolutions for next year, and had not carried out my annual Best Year Yet exercise, however, during time in the car on yesterday's road-trip, which is always good head-space time, a set of objectives started to come together. So, without completing the whole 10-question review/analysis, I just have a little work to do to finalise some actual goals. Naturally they consist of the usual topics: eat better, exercise more, tighten up the finances, get a new job (again) but there are also lots of fun ones in there, including learning to ice skate.

A pair of ice skates was not on my Christmas list, although DH and I had talked about learning to skate in a very loose kind of way. He had even gone as far to look up some second-hand skates online, so we could give it a try without having to resort to the not-recommended hire skates we could get from the rink, but since then all had gone quiet. Then, completely randomly on Thursday night somebody posted on our town Facebook page that they were selling a pair of skates for just £20 - and they were possibly my size (possibly because my feet are a bit either/or when it comes to footwear). Within twenty minutes DH had collected them and I was trying them on!! They do fit and so DH is now keen to get some for himself so we can have some lessons Smile

House tidying continues to be at the forefront of my mind, and it is highly likely the Chrimbo tree will be down tomorrow - earliest ever - as I look to continuing progress in that area. Although there is a lot to do I am really starting to feel that it is achievable and that it is coming together.

So, there we go, a very busy festive season and I am now eager to get in to the new year and get 2018 underway.
AutumnTiger

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by perennialpam on Sun Dec 31, 2017 8:29 am

Good to hear from you AT.

I'm still in the midst of prepping, loading, carrying a meal to the relatives here from WI.

Too much work and I'll be happy when tomorrow arrives. I do not know if I'll be up this evening either. I guess it depends on how I feel later.

Happy New Year.
perennialpam

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Annieh on Sun Dec 31, 2017 1:30 pm

Hey AT, what a great holiday, exciting about the portal and the ice skates. Sounds like this year may even be the tidiest yet, among other things. You are zooming into 2018, go for it!
Annieh

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Narrowminded on Sun Dec 31, 2017 3:49 pm

AT welcome back and Happy New Year! Sounds like an awesome holiday.

I love to ice skate. Not the greatest when compared to my son, the hockey player, but I do ok out there. Have fun learning
Narrowminded

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by perennialpam on Mon Jan 01, 2018 7:18 am

Happy New Year AT.

When it warms up, hahaha, I'll give ice skating a whirl again. There are rinks in the small towns I travel through. Not on the ice as it is no longer safe with the snow insulating the water from the frigid temps. And the top layer would not be smooth any longer.

Have fun.
perennialpam

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by AutumnTiger on Mon Jan 01, 2018 12:32 pm

Happy New Year all!

Still trying to catch up with journals so sticking to mine for posting.

Late night = late start to the day.

I'm living proof that antibiotics are no use against a regular cold as the suspected one has really taken hold. I guess the abx are doing their job on the other bug though and the cream is working on the rash.

Tree is down - it just wasnt right this season - but other decs & lights can stay until the weekend.

Low key NYE although DH made an amazing dinner: we had a game theme in mind with a partridge breast and a pheasant, we padded it out with lamb, which we probably didn't need. Sides were potato gratin, buttered steamed green veg and babycorn & sugar snap peas. Followed by lemon cheesecake.
I was drinking a WooWoo cocktail that turned up in my Christmas stocking and an alcoholic dandelion & burdock. All was fine until I had an inch depth of champagne to toast new year ... my tummy was not happy at that!

Whole 30 starts tomorrow, the 2nd, although we have very little in the fridge except leftovers, which may have some none W30 ingredients.
However, all the sweet stuff has been put away or is going to DHs work tomorrow.

Currently at the hockey as we play the same team as we went away to on Saturday. My season ticket book sure is getting slimmer Sad

Today's step goal is a challenge with the late start and doing house chores ... off to walk round the rink !
AutumnTiger

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The Walrus on Mon Jan 01, 2018 2:26 pm

So glad to hear about your holidays and that all is well. You will have so much fun skating - a great activity for a couple. I used to skate a lot, many years ago! A rink is being built locally, but I will be moved away by them - happy/sad. (Why couldn't we have had it five years ago?)
The Walrus

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Narrowminded on Mon Jan 01, 2018 7:36 pm

Sounds like a good start for you AT
Narrowminded

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Meant2Move on Tue Jan 02, 2018 8:47 pm

So glad to hear from you, sorry you have been ill.
I am terrible at ice skating but it was always my dream as a kid to be amazing at it... I hope you really enjoy it.

Happy New Year, AT!
Meant2Move

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Greensprout on Tue Jan 02, 2018 9:15 pm

I’m terrible at ice skating, too. Failed my second level figure skating test around age 8 or 9. Last year to rid of the pair of skates we bought perhaps 20 years ago when boys were small. I can live without skating (bothers my knees), but fabulous for you to get on it.

Happy New Year, and happy wishes for your W30.
Greensprout

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by AutumnTiger on Wed Jan 03, 2018 8:01 am

W30 stuttered yesterday due to lack of preparation, leftovers and this darned cold.

I'm on it today, albeit with a little honey to sweeten the lemon/ginger/hot water concoction that I am drinking.

Healthwise I feel like I'm going backwards not forwards as although I can tell the abx are doing their bit I am still suffering a full on heavy cold. The abx end tomorrow and I may return to the docs on Friday morning just to make sure I don't need an extra few days.

At least I have a bit more focus for work today than I did yesterday, although I am about to do something stupid: we have tickets to the hockey away tonight, and I should really be getting an early night, but I am going to go anyway as this is the return leg of our quarter final for the cup. Just two more get ups this week and I will try and get a very early night tomorrow.

Still trying to get my head around my other objectives for the year, they are mostly there but do not have defined, i.e. measurable, endpoints.

Still also trying to catch up here ... but for now its back to work!
AutumnTiger

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Annieh on Wed Jan 03, 2018 2:16 pm

Happy New Year AT, I hope you knock this cold on the head soon, then you will find all your other objectives easier. Hang in there. Nice to have you back posting again Smile
Annieh

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by AutumnTiger on Tue Jan 09, 2018 3:33 am

Not fallen off the planet ... life remains a rollercoaster. The last three days have been manic, and yesterday I was in the office for my 1-2-1, a team meeting and our team "Christmas" meal out.

Still working on a daily plan of action that allows me to do all the things I want to do as well as all the usual things.

Hoping for a quieter few days. Time for coffee ... more later (hopefully, if I can figure out a better routine!)
AutumnTiger

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedidoc on Tue Jan 09, 2018 8:23 am

Hope you get the hectic under control soon AT.
Pedidoc

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Narrowminded on Tue Jan 09, 2018 12:27 pm

Good to see you back AT. hopefully you will soon find a routine that works for you.
Narrowminded

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by AutumnTiger on Sat Jan 13, 2018 11:39 am

So just as I start getting better, DH comes down with lurgy!

Its enough just to be dealing with the day to day stuff at the moment.

I have been finding down-time, which at the moment is taking the form of my picking up the Eternity Puzzle again - its like a giant jigsaw but without the picture to follow - anyway, it is so absorbing that it just completely shuts my mind off from anything other than my puzzling.

So, today is the first day I have had an opportunity to find a little time to take stock. And also, to flesh out the details of some of my goals and objectives for the year.

I've revisited my finances, and have a plan. I've printed off a couple of planning sheets/tools that I use to focus my attention on my goals, and the process goals needed to achieve them.
I have also reactivated my Habitica account, which is a great online tool for tracking habits, daily activities/habits and one-off and/or longer-term To Do's, and I'm working at reviewing where I left off and adding in new things.

A daily check in with my primal buddies is top of my Dailies list!!

On a Whole-30 note ... I am still trying to be compliant. There have been a number of errors, both optional and unintentional, but the worst was in taking a short cut with some pre-marinated chicken thighs and drumsticks yesterday, served with packet frozen sweet potato wedges and pre-prepared parsnip wedges, either too much carbs or something in the sauce, or a combination of both absolutely crippled me and my tummy is still sore.
So, I am effectively re-starting or re-committing today. No idea if it will be only until the end of the month or if I will make 30 days, but I'm keeping on trying!

Good news out of my 1-2-1 is that my home-working has been approved to be permanent Smile
Am trying to resolve myself to the idea of sticking with it for a few months to enjoy the summer at home with the patio doors open and being able to wander in to the garden at will Smile
Working hard to remind myself that my job could be an awful lot worse; its essentially very easy even if I do get paid peanuts!
Its a great opportunity to address my health goals as well. Being home based is great for being able to prepare great food, and to move much more frequently! I'm sure when the weather perks up it will be easy for me to get my daily steps.

I continue to have time on my side tomorrow as well now as we have had to postpone an intended day-trip to the seaside. We only arranged it earlier in the week - when I got a yearning for the smell of the sea - but as DH is unwell we have called off.

So, nearly time for dinner and hockey, but more planning and organising on the agenda for tomorrow.
AutumnTiger

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedidoc on Sat Jan 13, 2018 6:08 pm

I love your attitude of acknowledging the mistake and moving on. I'm starting W30 tomorrow myself.
Pedidoc

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Narrowminded on Sat Jan 13, 2018 11:38 pm

AT it happens, just restart. I know you can do this, and the first week is always the hardest.

I happen to be working a puzzle that while it does have a picture, it doesn’t help much site to large areas of one color. And the pieces are cut so similar, they can be moved and still appear to be correct. It is absorbing.

Have a great day tomorrow getting more organizing done.
Narrowminded

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by AutumnTiger on Sun Jan 14, 2018 5:32 am

I've weighed in and am restarting properly.
My efforts so far have yielded three pounds off, so like a normal diet, which tallies with the mistakes.

Welcome aboard Kathi Smile
AutumnTiger

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by AutumnTiger on Sun Jan 14, 2018 11:57 am

Took another step towards getting the house sorted by moving back in to B's room his old bed and the cabinet that he moved out to the spare room. I decided that seeing as he created the issue with the spare room by moving things before we gave the go ahead then he could have the problem in his room to allow us to get on with our plans!
(we had said it could happen, just not when, and while benefit of the doubt in him doing it himself gives him credit for saving us the work, the flip side is that it is typical of B to do exactly what suits him regardless of anyone else's plans)
There was a mini workout involved in moving a single bed and frame, and a small TV unit from one room to another. This also allowed me to move a bedside cabinet out of the base of the wardrobe, which there is room for now there is no double bed in there. In its place the camping bedding has gone in the base of the wardrobe. As an added benefit the lemon tree, which is over-wintering in the hall but has not been happy, has gone on to the bedside drawers in the spare room where there is more light!

I've also been out for a walk around the park, which gained me about 4,000 steps, three new Pokemon and some Ingress activity.
As an aside there appeared to be a "Pokemon Go party" at one of the portals/pokestops in the park. An eclectic mix of three/four Chinese late teens/early twenties and an older English guy who looked more like a hiker! They were very engrossed in their conversation and didn't really seem to see me pass by doing essentially the same thing. If I see them again I may stop and say hello, but I wasn't in the mood at the time.

I'm re-familiarising myself with Habitica and have added a couple of new items. Its helping me to finalise my objectives and process goals for 2018.

Next up is some play with my Eternity puzzle, because DH has declared himself well enough to cook dinner. I am just going to help with one dish (trying to make sprouts palatable!).

Whole 30 for the day is going well so far.
AutumnTiger

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Annieh on Sun Jan 14, 2018 1:51 pm

good luck on making sprouts palatable, lol.

All best for your whole 30.

I admire your patience for puzzles.

My dd follows her own version of Getting Things Done. It really does get things done. Like planning a wedding for example. She imposed her lists on all of us (family, bridal party, partners of bridal party......) with great success.
Annieh

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedidoc on Sun Jan 14, 2018 3:28 pm

I like sprouts roasted in bacon fat with bacon sprinkles.
Pedidoc

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next