AutumnTiger starting over

Page 7 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Go down

Re: AutumnTiger starting over

Post by AutumnTiger on Wed Feb 28, 2018 9:19 am

Unhappy digestion this morning. Not quite as hungry today when I woke up, so had breakfast a bit later. Two hard boiled eggs and a banana - first time I have felt pain in my back since I started the meds. Maybe the eggs were too cold, which is a yeast infection issue so I've read, but I don't know about how cold food affects acid.
Didn't have a snack and then coughed after lunch, also for the first time since the meds.
Lunch as essentially the same as yesterday, so I'm a bit confused. The minor variation was pan heating the chicken with a bit of coconut oil as opposed to using the microwave yesterday. Also, the olive oil I used on the salad was slightly different.
All the above are very small margins, but I'm just trying to keep track.

Not sure why I am supposed to be snacking. Presumably to distribute my calories more evenly to avoid overloading my stomach. Perhaps, too, to keep calories up and prevent hunger - this does feel like any other LFHC diet! Finally, not sure if it keep the acid in my stomach busy, and working. Although that doesn't tally with then having at least twelve hours food free to prevent acid rising at night.
Still reading the original book and lots more to think about and learn.
Must note: FODMAP. Something came up yesterday that makes this worthy of further investigation in relation to my condition.
AutumnTiger

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by perennialpam on Wed Feb 28, 2018 11:52 am

I finally checked out a FODMAP list. It is a long one; longer than I originally thought.

Hope you find out what your issue is AT.
perennialpam

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Narrowminded on Wed Feb 28, 2018 11:24 pm

Good going with recording what you are eating to try a pond ferret out the culprit(s) to your issue. It will take time to heal as this didn’t happen overnight, even though it seemed like it. Hang in there, you’ve got this.
Narrowminded

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by AutumnTiger on Sun Mar 18, 2018 6:50 am

/quietly sneaks back in the room

All is roughly under control at Tiger Towers, just continuing to have more to do and want to do then there will ever be time for. Much "free" time has been spent trying to work out what I can eat with fewest symptoms, not to mention the inevitable "squeeze in as much hockey as possible before the end of the season" game that DH likes to play at this time of year.
What other time there has been has been spent with DH. We have spent time round the dinner table chatting after meals and watched a couple of films this week. Smile

The acid watching diet (Jonathan Aviv) continues - mostly successfully - but healing will take time. I've experienced some recurrence of the annoying lump in throat feeling, which seems to have occurred following dinner out on Wednesday (hockey away match).

Further reading has revealed that maybe I should finish that course of PPI medication after all. Apparently twelve weeks is a recommended course to help accelarate healing, and six months is not uncommon. At the very least I'll finish my 28-day course and then review.

Some additional reading is revealing other potential pitfalls, there is some overlap with acid symptoms, but more is about general inflammation. The book is The Plant Paradox by Steven R. Gundry. Its got some pretty interesting information about plants defensive strategies that cause inflammation - mostly due to lectins, all sorts of lectins not just gluten.

The problem with both approaches is that they contain items already ruled out by other n=1 experiences.
Plant Paradox would allow onions, garlic, vinegar and lemon, which are all on the dirty dozen list for acid watchers.
Acid watching still pushes whole grains. Interestingly, Plant Paradox actually takes a paleo/primal stance on grains, although says if you must have them then go white.
Add in candida, and another major flare that left me soothing the burning with baby wipes tucked into my armpits for 36 hours, and the safe food list remains fairly limited.

On the whole though there is progress, and it is very welcome.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
In other news: we had hockey away mid-week this week, and tonight we are attending the end of season awards night. The season finale for our team, who are not going to the playoffs, is next weekend. Our final home game is on Saturday and we are travelling to the away game in Cardiff - who are the league champions - on Sunday.
Our hockey fix wont quite be over though as we are attending a GB game at our rink a couple of weeks later, and a couple of weeks after that there is a charity hockey match with players from all teams making up the North v South competition.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Job hunting is also a major feature of the current agenda. After a couple of false starts, mainly DH encouraging me to follow the money, I have found some areas to focus on.

I'm also on a 30+day streak of language learning. I am using Duolingo for Dutch, which is the closest I can get to Flemish, for our visit to Belgium in the summer.

Speaking of Belgium, it looks like this trip will be just DH and myself as B has asked to go to a festival on the weekend we are going. Part of the problem of having to book holidays so far in advance. He is being allowed to go because he will then spend the remainder of the week with his grandparents. Being in rented accommodation we wont take the risk of leaving a 17-year old home alone. While it may not be their intention to have too many people round, annoy the neighbours and/or trash the house, we can't risk the situation getting out of hand.
Anyway, a week away together will certainly be a treat for DH and me. We'd already had lots of good ideas about what we want to do, and some of those trips will be much easier without B.

Before that though, and desperately needed, it is just two weeks until our first week off of the year. We are going over to stay in the cottage next to my in-laws, and as it will be Easter, I am sure we will spend some time with them. But weather permitting we hope to get some day trips in, up to the coast and to one of the National Trust properties over there.

Just need the sun to make an appearance now, and then the healing can really crack on.
Not forecast for any time in the next week, and we have a light dusting of snow at the moment.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Oh, and I have started Postcrossing again, and yesterday received my first two cards in a very long time Smile
AutumnTiger

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Narrowminded on Sun Mar 18, 2018 9:23 am

AT - its great to see you! Wow you’ve been a busy girl.

I would definitely finish out the PPI. I too hate to take meds, but sometimes they are necessary. Def avoid things you know don’t work for you and maybe slow test those others that are possible recommendations. If you have the chance, check out Dr. Amy Myer’s, Autoimmune Solution. Good tips in there and some awesome recipes that would fit for the Candida protocol and still fit the acid one as well

So sorry your hockey team won’t be in the playoffs. Ours is going, not sure how long they’ll last if our top Goal Tender isn’t back from his concussion.

Great job with duo lingo. I have to get back to that. I use it for Spanish due to my DIL’s family. I do well for a while and then that falls to the bottom of the priority list.

Sound like Belgium will be a nice trip for you and DH. Can’t wait to hear all about it on your return.

What is Postcrossing? Never heard of that.
Narrowminded

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7