AutumnTiger starting over

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Re: AutumnTiger starting over

Post by AutumnTiger on Tue Jan 30, 2018 4:10 pm

Annie - thanks for the breakfast suggestions, I am reintroducing more fruit now I seem to have beaten the infection; and cheese will be on the agenda again soon (in small doses)

Kathi: DH agrees that two is too few if anything goes wrong, and there is probably enough work for three, but four seems to be pushing it. Although there does appear to be some other work that could be picked up. He also learnt how to do one of their tasks in case he needs to help out again. There does appear to be some background shenanigans going on with respect to working a full shift, but there is approval for an implementation of technology that should put paid to that - not that you can necessarily make people work properly even if you ensure they are in the building when they are supposed to be!!
AutumnTiger

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by AutumnTiger on Tue Jan 30, 2018 4:18 pm

PB Laws

1. Eat lots of plants and animals
Improving with the plants, but still a lot of animal
B: banana, chipolatas, bacon, 2 coffee wwo
L: mini roast dinner pan-fried to reheat, raw bar, coffee wwo
S: raw bar, 4 olives, slice ND cheese
D: pan-fried salmon, sweet potato fries (shop), roasted med veg
T: 25g 85% dark choc

2. Avoid poisonous things - no grains, a little dairy & sugar

3. Move frequently at a slow pace - got out for a walk, got my thirty minutes in

4. Lift heavy things - did assisted pull-ups on the machine at the park, 2 sets of five

5. Sprint once in a while - no

6. Get adequate sleep - 7h 35m plus awake 1h 9m

7. Play - Ingress and Pokemon in the park at lunch; phone games

8. Get adequate sunlight - out of season but it was bright sunshine on my walk today

9. Avoid stupid mistakes - I guess so

10. Use your brain - work and coming up language practice

A good day, but I feel decidedly grumpy now, probably because dinner was late (again!) and I feel like I haven't had an evening. Slowly catching up. Need an early night as need to work from early tomorrow so I can finish early as we have a (rare) mid-week hockey game.
AutumnTiger

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Narrowminded on Tue Jan 30, 2018 6:30 pm

Sounds like you’re doing well with your food.

It also sounds like DH’s mission was well worth it. Shananigans May settle for a while since now they know and unexpected visitor may show up.

Great job on the PB laws as well
Narrowminded

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by AutumnTiger on Wed Jan 31, 2018 6:37 am

Small knot of tummy pain today indicates that something in the shop bought veggies, probably in the SP fries, disagreed with me
AutumnTiger

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by AutumnTiger on Wed Jan 31, 2018 9:04 am

Hailstone storm
AutumnTiger

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Annieh on Wed Jan 31, 2018 2:27 pm

Exciting.
Annieh

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by AutumnTiger on Wed Jan 31, 2018 2:45 pm

Different kind of storm at the ice rink tonight. And on so many levels ... the opposition are Manchester Storm and ....

Our big name player - who has seriously failed to impress throughout the season has just received a 20-game ban!
The cardinal sin of hitting an opposition fan at our away game on Sunday.

Very strange atmosphere at the rink tonight.
Mid week games are always a bit weird but this is bizarre! Like after a national disaster.
AutumnTiger

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Narrowminded on Wed Jan 31, 2018 6:36 pm

Wow, that hockey player needed that ban. So uncalled for.

Hope your tummy is feeling better
Narrowminded

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Annieh on Thu Feb 01, 2018 2:36 am

Strange atmosphere indeed, how do fans stay positive in a situation like that?

20 games! Wow.
Annieh

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by AutumnTiger on Thu Feb 01, 2018 5:17 am

Feeling grumpy this morning. Had one piece of chocolate and the rash is back!

Weight loss for January for 4-5 pounds; not to be sneezed at, but it seemed to come at a high price of feeling deprived.

3 inches down across the vital stats of my torso though, which is good - and shows the inflammation is receding, although, as the rash is back I obviously have work still to do.

Limb inch stats are weird, one arm and leg up a little while the other is down a little. As we are talking no more that 1/8 to 1/4 inch I'm ignoring the measurements except for their use as part of a longer term trend.

Only an hour in to my work day and I am already bored of dealing with stupid appeals / lack of taking responsibility!

Sleep log says I got over seven hours, but my average for this week is under seven hours, so I guess I have some catching up to do. Feel in need of the weekend already. Hence the grumps. And I would hazard some mental working over by the (milk) chocolate.

Food wise, there are a couple of things that I have been looking forward to that I am going to enjoy despite the rash, tummy knot, smelly farts, etc. Also, as it is Superbowl on Sunday, and I have Monday booked off so I can watch it, I have a plan for some nachos!
I record the SB and then avoid all media on Monday until I have watched the game.
Oh, and it is known in our house as the Superb-owl - DH loves to play with words Smile

We also never touched the Christmas cake bought for home, so I think mid-afternoon coffee and cake will feature this weekend.

After that, I will go single ingredient, non-packet, food until Valentine's -ish - depending on when we choose to honour that tradition! And which generally involves profiteroles as my favourite dessert Smile

I'm not liking the milk substitute. Plus it has an ingredient list, which can't be good. I'll take my chances with a couple of pints of organic whole milk per week rather than emulsifiers and thickeners.

There will be a few exceptions to the single ingredient idea, including my breakfast sausages, bacon, etc. but I can't think of many.
I've yet to make a decision on whether to do any/some/lots of time dairy free.

My coconut sugar is coming to an end, and I have enjoyed that but we don't seem to be able to find any more. I'll revert to honey as/when/if I decide to continue my wwo-coffee.

Right, well, I suppose I better go and deal with the idiot that drove me away from my work computer ... TTFN.
AutumnTiger

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedidoc on Thu Feb 01, 2018 5:24 am

I understand the "lack of taking responsibility." DH has heard me talking to my laptop saying, "It's in the syllabus" so many times he got me a coffee mug with that on it for Christmas! Just this morning I had someone ask for clarification of the discussion question for next week. It had examples in it, so I am not sure what was unclear other then she wanted me to pick her concepts for her. I also had an email from a student reminding me that the exam is a week from Friday and I had not given them a blueprint yet (translation, I only want to read what I have to). I was going to post it Saturday, but now it probably will be Monday so they actually read this weekend.
Pedidoc

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by AutumnTiger on Thu Feb 01, 2018 5:34 am

Kathi - thanks for making me smile! Judging by that response, which has perfect illustrations of the situations I face, you really did get me loud and clear!
I love the mug story Smile

I also like the tough love approach to making them study. I'd be reminding them that with their knowledge they hold the quality of peoples' lives in their hands. They owe it to everybody to be as knowledgeable as they can be, regardless of whether or not they proved it on a test!
Wouldn't they want anyone caring for their loved ones to be the best at their job as they could be?!!
I'm good at emotional spin Smile
AutumnTiger

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by AutumnTiger on Thu Feb 01, 2018 5:34 am

p.s what on earth is the time where you are, anyway?|
AutumnTiger

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by perennialpam on Thu Feb 01, 2018 9:19 am

AT -- Hi there.

Just had to mention that I saw this video about something you tried to explain to me once.  If you recall I did try it with my grandchildren but I had no idea what I was doing.  

It is the gift you pass around and unwrap and unwrap until someone gets a gift.  Actually that is what I thought it was.  Instead, the person next to the one unwrapping is rolling the dice until they get doubles.  At that moment the wrapped gift proceeds to them and the dice throwing goes on and on.  From the video I now know how to do and am planning on doing it with my g/friends at our cabin retreat at the end of the month.  We may need to do this outside since it can get fairly active.  

I forget what you called it but it does look like fun and I am getting into the groove of what to put inside.  

Smile
perennialpam

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by AutumnTiger on Thu Feb 01, 2018 10:02 am

Hi Pam, that sounds like an interesting variation of our childhood party game, which is called "pass the parcel". In our version the participants sit in a circle and pass the parcel around (clockwise or anti-clockwise) until the music stops. The music is controlled by an adult with their back to the game. There is usually a main present in the very middle, but there is a tradition of putting a sweet or smaller prize in each layer. I'd forgotten that we resurrected the game to play as adults while we were camping. Might have to try that again this year Smile

I like the sound of the version you have found though - do you have a link, perhaps?
AutumnTiger

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by perennialpam on Thu Feb 01, 2018 10:46 am

AT, yes, yours was called Pass the Parcel.

Hope this works: https://www.facebook.com/ashley.baker.123829?hc_ref=ARSBQ8fsIuKANtEGOgafbVeafoNT4QqRTU7X1yN3aNUO2p1g-0L2nnj_a-PEZzhGaKA
perennialpam

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Narrowminded on Thu Feb 01, 2018 6:38 pm

AT and Kathi I hear you in the responsibility part. Some days I think I have a kindergarten class instead of employees.

We played that game this Christmas. In the version that my SIL found, you have to wear a Santa hat and oven mitts while trying to open the gift. The next person is still rolling the dice. It was really fun.
Narrowminded

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedidoc on Thu Feb 01, 2018 9:35 pm

AutumnTiger wrote:p.s what on earth is the time where you are, anyway?|

It was 3am!
Pedidoc

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by AutumnTiger on Fri Feb 02, 2018 8:10 am

feeling much better today. Only slightly more sleep last night, but two consecutive nights of more than seven hours is probably helping.

Having to be super on it today for work after a very poor day productivity wise yesterday.
AutumnTiger

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Annieh on Fri Feb 02, 2018 1:38 pm

NM's SIL's version of pass the parcel sounds the best. I must remember this.
AT, hope you have another good sleep and a better day.
Annieh

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Narrowminded on Fri Feb 02, 2018 10:31 pm

AT I hope the sleep streak continues.

Narrowminded

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by AutumnTiger on Sun Feb 04, 2018 4:56 am

Woohoo!

8h 18m on Friday night and a whopping 9h 4m last night Smile

Those two good nights brought this week's sleep average up to 7h 26m, which is my best week this year so far.

DH continues to suffer with gout. After some initial relief he appears to have suffered a relapse so more diet examination, and looking for good things to add in, which we think we are getting closer.

Got a massive sugar headache last night after having a giant choc-chip cookie at the hockey. Think I have scratched that itch. As nice as they are, and boy do they smell good when they are hot, I think it might be quite some time before I try that again!

Can't believe it is February already and I still do not have some of my better habits in place, or even properly planned. However, I got some good thoughts/processes sorted out yesterday and I'm edging closer. So all forward progress is to be acknowledged and welcomed.

The year is shaping up nicely with things to look forward to ... camping is back on the agenda, and we have a couple of weekend trips planned already. Two arena concerts booked in: Bryan Adams and Def Leppard. We are hoping to go back to Belgium in September. Later this month we are going to a local beer festival, held at a pub in town and with Baja Cantina food on the night we have chosen to go, then after that we are going to a local music night at the Church where we enjoy the Christmas services - Music of the Musicals.
In a couple of weeks we are also celebrating the 10 year anniversary of our local Geocaching monthly meeting - quite an achievement for a very fluid hobby group.

And tomorrow night .... drum roll please .... I may even go back to radio club!
AutumnTiger

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by perennialpam on Sun Feb 04, 2018 7:31 am

Always nice to have events to look forward to.

perennialpam

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedidoc on Sun Feb 04, 2018 7:35 am

Glad you are getting good sleep, as it seems to set the tone for the day IMHO.

You used to be very active in radio club as I recall.

Hope you get your planning done quickly.
Pedidoc

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Narrowminded on Sun Feb 04, 2018 12:41 pm

AT it sounds like you’ve gotten quite a bit of planning done, at least for get always and fun times throughout the year.

Ahh that amount of sleep sounds devine.
Narrowminded

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next