Simply Primal - Annie Tries Again

Page 40 of 42 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 39, 40, 41, 42  Next

Go down

Simply Primal - Annie Tries Again - Page 40 Empty Re: Simply Primal - Annie Tries Again

Post by Annieh on Tue Aug 27, 2019 5:57 am

Rig, that's an ominous sounding brand name for golf balls - exactly where you don't want them to land! NM, it's a relief to know I'm not the only sportsperson who is a danger to others rather than herself.

I haven't yet thrown my disc in the river, but today it did end up in the shrubbery on the far side of a bog. It also landed behind a tree, deep in grass, over a hill, past a basket...I'm sure you get the idea. I am getting plenty of exercise chasing after it.

At the gym I have had a lesson on using the free weights, this is going to increase the challenge and hopefully improve everything about my body, haha.
Annieh
Annieh

Back to top Go down

Simply Primal - Annie Tries Again - Page 40 Empty Re: Simply Primal - Annie Tries Again

Post by Rig D on Tue Aug 27, 2019 10:37 am

In my younger days I played golf regularly with a group of senior citizens. Those old dudes beat the crap out of me every week. They couldn't hit the ball very far, but they were deadly straight with drives and good putters. 2-3 shots to reach the green, many 1 putts. I could hit the ball much further but never straight. Perhaps you might try their technique on your disc game by shortening the drives up to get better accuracy.
Rig D
Rig D

Back to top Go down

Post by Annieh on Tue Aug 27, 2019 8:14 pm

Yes, this is the exact advice I have received from one of our best players.  Use my more stable disc and develop my consistency.  I did a whole round with it one time, and I'll try it again next time.

Meanwhile, all the guys (I'm the only female so far), are in awe of the older man they just met who can flick his disc with apparently minimal effort and have it fly 100metres.
Annieh
Annieh

Back to top Go down

Post by Narrowminded on Tue Aug 27, 2019 10:01 pm

I’m so glad you are having fun with your disks. Yes, wrist technique on throwing can be huge.
Narrowminded
Narrowminded

Back to top Go down

Post by perennialpam on Wed Aug 28, 2019 5:11 am

So nice to be surrounded by men....sometimes.  Like my DSs softball team.  

Glad you are enjoying your play.  Very important.
perennialpam
perennialpam

Back to top Go down

Post by tomi1000 on Wed Aug 28, 2019 2:51 pm

I have never tried disc golf but it looks like so much fun! Lots of skill needed I'm sure!
tomi1000
tomi1000

Back to top Go down

Post by Annieh on Mon Sep 09, 2019 7:13 am

Six hour hike.  Didn't quite achieve our goal to join two different ends of a through route.  
Got home cold and wet, tired, hungry, thirsty, and contented.
Annieh
Annieh

Back to top Go down

Post by perennialpam on Mon Sep 09, 2019 8:26 am

Sounds perfect Annie.

perennialpam
perennialpam

Back to top Go down

Post by Narrowminded on Mon Sep 09, 2019 5:35 pm

Annie - doing what you love best. So happy you could have that excursion. Rest contentedly tonight.
Narrowminded
Narrowminded

Back to top Go down

Post by Annieh on Thu Sep 12, 2019 4:54 am

I have loved tramping best. But now disc golf is up there too.
Annieh
Annieh

Back to top Go down

Post by perennialpam on Thu Sep 12, 2019 8:15 am

Annie, it is good to have things we love to do. I am happy for you.
perennialpam
perennialpam

Back to top Go down

Post by Annieh on Fri Sep 13, 2019 2:20 am

Thanks Pam. Yes, I'm really happy because it's something my DH and I can both enjoy together. Neither of us is doing it just to please the other, we both love it. It's making the empty nest adjustment much more enjoyable.
Annieh
Annieh

Back to top Go down

Post by perennialpam on Fri Sep 13, 2019 8:47 am

Oh how I forget the empty nest. Long time ago for me and I did it alone.

perennialpam
perennialpam

Back to top Go down

Post by Annieh on Wed Sep 18, 2019 4:52 pm

Personal best on disc golf course yesterday.
Annieh
Annieh

Back to top Go down

Post by Narrowminded on Wed Sep 18, 2019 6:07 pm

WTG. Annie!
Narrowminded
Narrowminded

Back to top Go down

Post by Heuristicfireflower on Thu Sep 19, 2019 4:10 pm

Annieh, How awesome to be certified as a personal trainer!! That’s great knowledge to have under your belt. Disc golf…now I have to look that up!

Your hikes sound heavenly. Wink With your descriptions I imagine how it must feel to see the pristine white all around the wilderness as I trudge in powder. Lovely photo. So beautiful. Very fortunate to have this as your back yard
Heuristicfireflower
Heuristicfireflower

Back to top Go down

Post by Annieh on Sat Sep 21, 2019 3:54 pm

HFF, thankyou for reading back over past entries, and thank you for your positive comments.

Cooked a meal for seven yesterday, not much remains.  I had almost forgotten how much young people  can eat - especially when they have spent a day moving furniture and climbing mountains (the men), and creating a wedding dress (the women).  

The menu: Slow cooker beef in herbs and red wine, crispy potato cubes, roast pumpkin, green peas, simple fresh coleslaw with cabbage, carrot, mint leaves, lime juice and peanut oil, with my daughter's delicious stuffed mushrooms with onion and blue cheese and goodness knows what else.

For dessert one of the girls bought the ingredients, read me the recipe and made the sauce for a sticky date pudding.  It was said to serve 12 but I can tell you there was none left.

It was such fun to have my house full, and the guests finished feeling like "fat happy cats", and I quote.

Today we better work it all off with a game of disc golf.  

Also, desperately needed to get back to the gym, which I did.  It was almost deserted because it was such a beautiful day outside.
Annieh
Annieh

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedidoc on Sat Sep 21, 2019 5:00 pm

Sounds like a wonderful feast and a fun get together.
Pedidoc
Pedidoc

Back to top Go down

Post by Narrowminded on Sun Sep 22, 2019 12:55 pm

What a wonderful way to spend a day. I’m sure your heart was full of joy. What a blessing.
Narrowminded
Narrowminded

Back to top Go down

Post by Annieh on Mon Sep 23, 2019 6:15 pm

Workout #23. I have grown stronger, faster and have gained at least 1kg. Time to switch up my routine (and my diet) and burn some fat.

Five hour tramp yesterday, just enough really.
Annieh
Annieh

Back to top Go down

Post by Narrowminded on Tue Sep 24, 2019 4:33 pm

The tramp should burn some fat.

Congrats on the strength gains. Awesome.
Narrowminded
Narrowminded

Back to top Go down

Post by Rig D on Wed Sep 25, 2019 8:24 am

1 kg gain sounds like a fair trade off for faster/stronger.
As some wag once said about college football here "Bigger, stronger, faster may not always win, but it is the way to bet."
Rig D
Rig D

Back to top Go down

Post by ShelleyM on Thu Sep 26, 2019 11:26 pm

Enjoy reading about your doings! Smile
ShelleyM
ShelleyM

Back to top Go down

Post by Annieh on Wed Oct 02, 2019 6:47 am

Well, thanks, Shelley. My latest doings are really super dooper boring though.

On the basis of my current first aid certificate, I have been conscripted to look after the emergency phone at the local polytechnic while the nurse is on leave. The fact that I have literally zero first aid experience is irrelevant because the students are also absent and so the chances of anyone actually calling this number are remote.

Therefore some other tasks have been sent my way. I guess I would call them data entry - generating reports from a student survey, and creating a new survey. Goodness me, now I believe I understand why my niece has resigned her office job without any future plans beyond a spot of dog walking and car grooming. How do any of you who do computer work stand it????????????
Annieh
Annieh

Back to top Go down

Post by ShelleyM on Wed Oct 02, 2019 8:53 am

As Ontario put it over in Pedi's journal, some of us have "Social Anxiety Disorder." Too much people interaction and I am totally drained! Computers are my friend. Smile Seriously, do make sure you get up every hour or so and move around.
ShelleyM
ShelleyM

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 40 of 42 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 39, 40, 41, 42  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum