Simply Primal - Annie Tries Again

Page 39 of 42 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40, 41, 42  Next

Go down

Simply Primal - Annie Tries Again - Page 39 Empty Re: Simply Primal - Annie Tries Again

Post by Annieh on Fri Aug 09 2019, 11:10

Rig, thanks for dropping in. You and DW are very fortunate to have your sons plan your workouts. This is exactly what I'd like to be able to do for others! To this end I have actually just completed a certificate in personal training and I'm using myself as my first client. I have been working through phase one, and now three weeks in am about to embark on the next phase. I am trying to be very methodical about it.

I realise now that in the past, when attending classes, my best instructor was actually cycling us through these kinds of phases, I just didn't know it. However, as far as using the gym goes, I was happy enough at the time but I never really got past beginner routines. One trainer did sort of try, but I didn't really buy into it because of not understanding the reasoning behind what she was recommending. Also, I didn't feel she listened to me when I said I needed to improve flexibility. She kind of laughed that off, which was a bit upsetting.

When I started this certificate I thought it would open up employment opportunity for me at the gym through which I enrolled. I'm now not sure if this will eventuate after all. Even if it doesn't, I have gained the knowledge that is helping me right now and I still hope to be able to apply it for the benefit of others also.
Annieh
Annieh

Back to top Go down

Simply Primal - Annie Tries Again - Page 39 Empty Re: Simply Primal - Annie Tries Again

Post by Narrowminded on Fri Aug 09 2019, 13:44

Annie - somewhere I missed you were enrolled in an personal training course. That is what my DS teaches. He has a BS is Exercise science. And it can lead to eventual job opportunities, but I think, at least here in the US you’d need to be on-board with the gym as a trainer, then they might pass work your way. Just a thought if you haven’t applied to do such. However, it does take time to grow a clientele. Hugs as you work through this.
Narrowminded
Narrowminded

Back to top Go down

Post by Rig D on Fri Aug 09 2019, 14:05

I've watched the trainers at my gym and it looks to my eye that building a clientele from ground zero while working at a gym could be a real challenge and take a good chunk of time. I'm not sure how I would launch a personal trainer endeavor, but would certainly want to include a nutrition component, along the lines that Sisson does with his program.
Rig D
Rig D

Back to top Go down

Post by Annieh on Fri Aug 09 2019, 22:01

Mmm.  Yes, I have already begun to realise this.   Also, the gym takes a chunk of your income for "rent" and so there go your first few clients.  Thanks for your thoughts, Rig. I do need to do some more research and consideration before proceeding.  NM, I didn't mention this sooner, in case I didn't finish it (like so many of my other endeavours).

Meanwhile, back to my workout today.  I joined a different gym to the one I studied through - it appealed more for various reasons.  So that's kind of odd, too.
Annieh
Annieh

Back to top Go down

Post by The Walrus on Sat Aug 10 2019, 11:38

Congrats on the certificate! Very useful whether or not you decide to make a career of it. Maybe you could work with clients at their homes? Just a thought.
The Walrus
The Walrus

Back to top Go down

Post by Annieh on Sun Aug 11 2019, 13:55

Thanks Walrus. Yes, that's a good idea, I'm not sure how to begin other than by perhaps offering to help friends/family and see what develops from there.

Despite the rain this weekend, I have built a chicken gate and played another round of disc golf. I also made good progress on my next weaving project. I think it will be a scarf for my tramping buddy - not that we have been tramping lately, for one reason or another.

Annieh
Annieh

Back to top Go down

Post by Narrowminded on Sun Aug 11 2019, 14:46

Sounds like a good plan. Glad you are getting back to your weaving. I need to do that eventually.
Narrowminded
Narrowminded

Back to top Go down

Post by ShelleyM on Mon Aug 12 2019, 13:37

Hi Annie, welcome back, and congrats on the restart. I turned 55 in July, welcome to the age. Impressed with the personal trainer certification, what a great way to motivate yourself. Beautiful pictures. Interesting read, as usual, have a great week. Smile
ShelleyM
ShelleyM

Back to top Go down

Post by Annieh on Thu Aug 15 2019, 23:41

I let a few days go by, but got back to the gym and going again today. I am feeling better for it, much better, and it seems like I look better even though tape measure and scales have not changed.

Played a round of disc golf and the score was taken! I threw 46 for nine holes. That is a whopping 19 over par!!!!! Definitely room for improvement there. It is useful to have a baseline. Despite disastrous score there was one par in there, which was gratifying to throw in front of my DH's new friends and make him proud.

Weaving is happening. Every time I do a new project, I learn something the hard way. But I am determined not to give up. I have bought some beautiful yarn online and am waiting for it to arrive in the post. It was expensive so I don't want to mess up.

Food, ho hum. Not terrible, but not ideal either.
Annieh
Annieh

Back to top Go down

Post by Narrowminded on Fri Aug 16 2019, 19:45

Great job getting back to the gym. Yes I think sometimes things shift and we look better even if we can’t pin point exactly where.

Congrats on the par with the disc golf. You’ll get better with practice.

Come on, there is space up here on the eating well wagon, join us. Smile

Hugs
Narrowminded
Narrowminded

Back to top Go down

Post by tomi1000 on Fri Aug 16 2019, 20:36

Good going on getting back to the gym! And remember - the better you eat the more you feel like doing everything else that is good for you! (I need to take my own advice) I like riding the "eating well wagon"! But sometimes life pulls us off.
tomi1000
tomi1000

Back to top Go down

Post by Annieh on Sat Aug 17 2019, 01:36

Thanks Tomi and NM for the encouragement.

I walked out of the gym today feeling like I could conquer the world. Which is pretty humorous as I didn't even have the stamina to finish five more minutes on the treadmill at the end of my workout, lol.

I love planning out my own workouts, I even find them fun while I am doing them, and I love feeling great afterwards. I definitely love seeing the progress in my notebook. I have been at it for a month now, and every single workout has been a progression from the one before in some way or another. Things that were hard now are not, and even my balance is improving. It's exciting.

I might have given the wrong impression about my eating. It's not particularly primal, but it's not terrible either. I am tired of trying too hard to make it tick all the boxes for wholesomeness, tastiness, convenience. But that's ok, I won't worry about it a lot, it just makes me feel a bit of a fraud on here, 'tis all.

Going to finish my latest scarf today, and then try once more to get my head around transferring a warp to the loom without messing up the cross (NM will know what I am talking about, everyone else is probably happier to remain in their ignorance).
Annieh
Annieh

Back to top Go down

Post by Meant2Move on Sat Aug 17 2019, 02:19

I love that post-gym feeling of accomplishment! So satisfying. I think it is exciting that you took the course and are planning out workouts. Even at my best, I was haphazard about what I might do on any given day. There was some effort at balance, but far more whim than anything.

Glad you are getting some results! Don't worry either about feeling a fraud - until recently when I got super strict in hopes of improving a health issue, there was a great deal of "flexibility" in what we were eating at home and in what I was eating in the office.
Meant2Move
Meant2Move

Back to top Go down

Post by Narrowminded on Sat Aug 17 2019, 14:13

Annie you work outs sound awesome.  I too feel great about them when they are over, but I have more trouble motivating myself most days.  Not sure why.

As to your cross moving from the warping board to the loom.  Have you tied your cross?  When it’s on the warping board, and the cross is held by they way you ran the thread.  Take some scrap pieces of yarn in a different color and tie all 4 legs of the cross, just use a bow, this is just to hold it while moving.  Then also tie a a few places along the length, just to keep everything neat and tidy.  When you get over to your loom and need to untie the cross to warp, then take 2 of your warping sticks and place them through the cross to keep it separated like it was on the board.  I really hope that made sense.  I think you have a couple of vids that show you.  Maybe check YouTube if I wasn’t clear.

Here’s a link.  At 2:48 approx you can see the cross tied, I didn’t watch the whole vid, but I’m guessing she shows it later, based upon how the vid was going.

https://youtu.be/kx_XarrMqrg

Have an amazing day.
Narrowminded
Narrowminded

Back to top Go down

Post by Narrowminded on Sat Aug 17 2019, 15:11

Annie I finished watching the vid after catching up here. She does show very well how to tie the warp so you don’t lose your cross on transfer. And she mentions the lease stick, which I had forgotten the name of. I hope this helps.

Narrowminded
Narrowminded

Back to top Go down

Post by Annieh on Tue Aug 20 2019, 10:48

Thankyou NM, I like this video, she seems to have a very patient way about her. My loom is still empty, I'm still contemplating my next project. I am very happy with the latest one.

Look where I went for lunch yesterday:

Simply Primal - Annie Tries Again - Page 39 Img_2083

After no hiking for several weeks, for various reasons, we woke to a spectacular morning. Once above the bushline, we could see literally halfway across the country. Miniature towns dotted the countryside.
Our eyes could take in 160km of coastline in one direction, and three volcanoes almost as far away in another.

The snow was within easy reach, and as soft and powdery as I have ever seen it. This is unusual for our mountain, and very beautiful. But some of it was hard and icy, so we had to strap our crampons on to get to the lodge.

There, we relaxed in the sunshine and watched the other climbers exploring the landscape. It would have been nice to make a loop walk, but the short section in the shade beyond the lodge was potentially treacherous so we retraced our steps in the afternoon and were home by 3pm.

Today was cloudy, windy and now wet, so we were very blessed to have the excellent conditions yesterday.

Tonight I feel both exhausted and hungry. First I taught two early morning keyboard classes, then I went to the gym, then I played 18 baskets of disc golf, and then I taught five more piano lessons. My DH made a good dinner, but to be honest it wasn't quite enough and I'll be making a hot chocolate pretty soon.

Annieh
Annieh

Back to top Go down

Post by perennialpam on Tue Aug 20 2019, 12:20

I have not done extensive snow hiking.  Looks great.  I admire that you get yourself out there to do it.  

Beautiful area you have to do it in.
perennialpam
perennialpam

Back to top Go down

Post by Narrowminded on Tue Aug 20 2019, 14:36

What beauty and the way you describe it Annie, I can just visualize being there with you. Thank you.

Glad you found the vid helpful. Yes she was very patient and explained very well what and why she was doing things. Always helpful and a great refresher for me since I haven’t woven in a long time.
Narrowminded
Narrowminded

Back to top Go down

Post by Meant2Move on Wed Aug 21 2019, 02:59

A snow adventure! What fun, and the picture is lovely. What is it about fresh air that leaves one starving?
Meant2Move
Meant2Move

Back to top Go down

Post by Annieh on Thu Aug 22 2019, 02:15

M2M, I know, the combination of fresh air and exercise seems to increase the appetite exponentially.  Pam, I wouldn't say our snow hiking was extensive - just a couple of hours trudging along in our crampons.  It was super enjoyable though.

Disc Golf Report.  Caution. Annie needs to practice her forehand. When she approaches the tee, members of the public have reason to cower behind the solid barbecue.  

i didn't count my shots today.  Suffice to say there were many of them, and they went in all directions.  Some of them are getting better though.  It's exciting.  Maybe a little too exciting for unsuspecting spectators.
Annieh
Annieh

Back to top Go down

Post by tomi1000 on Thu Aug 22 2019, 08:55

hey - if you're having fun - who cares! Smile
tomi1000
tomi1000

Back to top Go down

Post by perennialpam on Thu Aug 22 2019, 11:07

You made me chuckle!  Those spectators ought to try this disc golf thing and/or be on their toes at all times.
perennialpam
perennialpam

Back to top Go down

Post by Meant2Move on Thu Aug 22 2019, 22:19

I get to play golf once a year when I visit my parents, my dad and I go out. We tend to go at quiet times when there are few others on the course. I've come to realize that it is a safety precaution he takes on behalf of other players who might be injured by my random direction balls! You are not alone...
Meant2Move
Meant2Move

Back to top Go down

Post by Narrowminded on Thu Aug 22 2019, 23:14

You are too funny.

I am thrilled you are enjoying this so much.

GL on your next outing to have the disk go more where you want it too.
Narrowminded
Narrowminded

Back to top Go down

Post by Rig D on Fri Aug 23 2019, 14:52

Maybe time to change golf balls? Before kids when I played a fair amount of golf I used the Woods n Water brand.
Rig D
Rig D

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 39 of 42 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40, 41, 42  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum