Simply Primal - Annie Tries Again

Page 37 of 42 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 36, 37, 38 ... 42  Next

Go down

Simply Primal - Annie Tries Again - Page 37 Empty Re: Simply Primal - Annie Tries Again

Post by perennialpam on Mon Jul 22, 2019 7:50 am

Glad you are still tramping!  Makes things better especially during the winter months!

Outdoors, fresh air, exercise.
perennialpam
perennialpam

Back to top Go down

Simply Primal - Annie Tries Again - Page 37 Empty Re: Simply Primal - Annie Tries Again

Post by tomi1000 on Mon Jul 22, 2019 1:53 pm

What a view! Smile
tomi1000
tomi1000

Back to top Go down

Post by Narrowminded on Mon Jul 22, 2019 5:28 pm

Beautiful landscape once again.

Thanks for the tip, I figure I knew what the veg was, just not by that name. I like arugula myself.

Great job with the eating.
Narrowminded
Narrowminded

Back to top Go down

Post by The Walrus on Mon Jul 22, 2019 6:27 pm

Okay, you've inspired me to get back into the 4-minute workout!
The Walrus
The Walrus

Back to top Go down

Post by Annieh on Mon Jul 22, 2019 8:07 pm

Thanks all for your feedback on my hiking pic.  Rig, that small segment in the photo was indeed the most challenging part of our day, being snowy, steep and shaded.  However, it really wasn't bad. I managed in my boots and without poles, although my friend did use sticks and her mini crampons for extra security.  The rest of the day was straightforward walking and not even cold - I was down to bare arms on the uphill.

Pam, you are right, tramping makes everything better.  

Val, Tomi, the view was stunning while it lasted, which was only briefly.  Here's looking the other way:
Simply Primal - Annie Tries Again - Page 37 Img_2080

NM, thanks, I've always been very good at eating.  It's one of my favourite activities Smile
Walrus, 4MW - you go for it!!

B: Two boiled eggs.
L: Cottage cheese with cinnamon and sliced pear.  Orange chicken on rice (actually more rice than chicken and more chicken than orange.  But I added plenty of fresh greens - parsley, coriander and rocket).
S: Bacon with mushroom and banana.  I had some more nibbles too, probably peanut butter/cheese/maybe honey.  These workouts are making me hungry!
D: Lasagne with wholemeal pasta, lovingly cooked by my DH.  

Workout 3.
Similar to last time.  Added some calf stretches, and finished on the bike because all the treadmills were in use.  

Tuesday seems to be old codgers day at the gym, but there were a couple of other women, and, as I was leaving, some young mothers arrived presumably after having dropped their children at school.

It's a glorious day, I have pulled some more weeds and contemplating what to grow, even though it's really too early.

Last edited by Annieh on Tue Jul 23, 2019 5:57 am; edited 2 times in total
Annieh
Annieh

Back to top Go down

Post by Narrowminded on Mon Jul 22, 2019 8:30 pm

Annie it’s still so amazing to not only think you are in winter, but that school is in session. And you’re starting to think about your garden.

I love hearing the difference, just so hard to contemplate.
Narrowminded
Narrowminded

Back to top Go down

Post by Annieh on Tue Jul 23, 2019 6:03 am

The school terms still rule my life.  As a piano teacher, I work after school and before school, but not in the school holidays.  But I am also gradually becoming more attuned to the rhythms of nature, and am waking up to gardening earlier each year.  When I was younger I was dismissive of gardening, but now I have finally reached the age when I think it's a suitable hobby to have.  My peers are already very accomplished and live in gorgeous surroundings, which sometimes makes me wish I had invested earlier.  But they have not had as many tramping adventures as I have, if any, and are unlikely to start now. No regrets.
Annieh
Annieh

Back to top Go down

Post by Narrowminded on Tue Jul 23, 2019 8:36 am

Wow if I didn’t have so many things tying me here, I’d love to come and spend some good quality time there, learning the tramps and playing in the dirt with you. Maybe someday.
Narrowminded
Narrowminded

Back to top Go down

Post by Annieh on Tue Jul 23, 2019 8:02 pm

Come on over whenever you're ready.

B: Fresh Salad: Rocket, grated carrot, boiled eggs, diced orange, fresh cut parsley and coriander, sesame seeds.
L: Fried onion, mushrooms, bacon, silverbeet. Ricies with milk, banana and blackberries.
S: Various snacks of pear with cheese, honey, peanut butter.
D: Will be Pineapple chicken and Crispy Potatoes.

Haven't done my 4MW yet.

Last edited by Annieh on Wed Jul 24, 2019 2:37 am; edited 1 time in total
Annieh
Annieh

Back to top Go down

Post by Meant2Move on Tue Jul 23, 2019 10:30 pm

Loved your snow pic! We had a fantastic winter and still have snow on the peaks, but I didn't go by myself for various reasons, including safety, and T isn't ready for that yet... (I have plans for that man next winter!).

Really nice to see you back and posting.
Meant2Move
Meant2Move

Back to top Go down

Post by Annieh on Wed Jul 24, 2019 3:51 pm

Where I live:
Simply Primal - Annie Tries Again - Page 37 My_hom10

This pic came across my facebook feed this morning, and I thought to share it. Enjoy.
Annieh
Annieh

Back to top Go down

Post by ONTARIO on Wed Jul 24, 2019 3:59 pm

Annieh wrote:Where I live:
Simply Primal - Annie Tries Again - Page 37 My_hom10

This pic came across my facebook feed this morning, and I thought to share it.  Enjoy.

Oh, my goodness! What a beautiful place to live!

ONTARIO

Back to top Go down

Post by The Walrus on Wed Jul 24, 2019 5:14 pm

Beautiful pics and I love your description of both tramping and tutoring I love you
The Walrus
The Walrus

Back to top Go down

Post by Annieh on Thu Jul 25, 2019 2:49 am

Workout 3.  Similar to before.  I feel I am not working QUITE hard enough, definitely don't want to push too hard and cause injury or burnout, but do feel I can step it up in some way.  Maybe add a few more sets?  Maybe just add the 4MW as well.  I did it once, so far, today.  EDIT: And then again in the evening.

B: Fried mushroom, bacon and silverbeet with leftover pineapple chicken. Ricies and milk with banana and berries.
L/S : Cottage cheese with cinnamon and persimmon; carrot and peanut butter; Cheese; Chocolate - really I can't remember what else I ate today as I rather grazed.
D: will be roast lamb with pumpkin, cauliflower and gravy.  Can't wait!

Last edited by Annieh on Fri Jul 26, 2019 5:48 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Add 4 minute workout.)
Annieh
Annieh

Back to top Go down

Post by Heuristicfireflower on Thu Jul 25, 2019 4:11 am

I'm joining in the recommit movement!   Love where you live.
Heuristicfireflower
Heuristicfireflower

Back to top Go down

Post by Narrowminded on Thu Jul 25, 2019 8:00 am

Annie that view is just stunning. I will get there one day, I will.

Good job on the eating.

HFF - happy to hear you will be joining us.
Narrowminded
Narrowminded

Back to top Go down

Post by Annieh on Fri Jul 26, 2019 5:38 am

I did not need to go to the gym today.  Instead, I did a 4MW, and dismantled my chicken coop.  I moved it a few metres across the back yard, then reassembled it, and then erected a fence to keep the chickens where I want them (unfortunately, it didn't and so I will be trying again tomorrow).  

Then, I pruned a plant that is growing where I want to grow veges.  I would remove it completely, but it screens our view of the neighbour's carport, and their view of my chicken run. Also, I spied a monarch butterfly land on it, so on balance it is earning its spot.  

Next, I dug a hole to bury the prunings and cover them up again, creating what I hope will be a productive hugelkultur bed in the former chicken run.   It's very tempting to plant something straight away, but we have a lot of cold weather still to come, I wonder how long I can hold myself back.

My in-laws delivered homegrown kumara, yams, beetroot, cauliflower, carrots and cauliflower.  We ate half tonight with yesterday's roast lamb.

Meals were late today, breakfast about 11, lunch around 3, dinner after 7.
B: Eggs and green salad with lime juice dressing.
L: Ricies and milk, with banana and stewed feijoas. I'm sure I ate something else but can't recall what.
D: Roast lamb, gravy, crispy potatoes and green beans. Yams and kumara from grandad's garden. Dark chocolate.

Hi to everyone who dropped in, nice to have your comments.
Annieh
Annieh

Back to top Go down

Post by Narrowminded on Fri Jul 26, 2019 7:33 am

Wow, yup you did your own workout with the chicken coop. Good job. I know you do this regularly, but still, excellent.

Yum to the fresh veg in the middle of winter for you.
Narrowminded
Narrowminded

Back to top Go down

Post by Annieh on Sat Jul 27, 2019 3:58 am

Another outdoor day, after a quick trip to the garden centre for more fence stakes.
Got the fence sorted, then got hungry. Fixed that, then dug and filled another hugelkultur hole in my round garden. I need some flowering plants in here to attract the pollinators to my as-yet-unfruitful plum tree.  

The chickens have weeded so well over the past months that I am now calling them my assistant gardeners. However, they are now banned from this area and will need active managing till summer is over, while they do their duty in my other neglected areas.

Dinner was awesome - a huge plate of veges (potato, beetroot, peas and delicious fresh carrots) with sliced lamb and homemade gravy.  The rest of the day passed in a flash and I can't remember exactly what I ate but probably similar to yesterday.

To drink, lemongrass tea. This was rather nice and refreshing, and apparently has many health benefits.  Also, from my internet research, it seems my lemongrass may not be the authentic plant after all, but rather a "citronella grass".  I can't see this matters much for tea, but explains why we didn't have thick juicy stems for Thai-style cooking.

4MW

Tomorrow is my birthday.  I am looking forward to a family gathering, and calls from my absent daughters.
Annieh
Annieh

Back to top Go down

Post by Narrowminded on Sat Jul 27, 2019 8:22 am

Happy Birthday Annie!

I hope you get to enjoy it in every way.

So nice to have some assistant gardeners. Wish I had a few, but sadly cannot have them here. Sad

Hmm, I guess you can make tea from citronella grass, to me sounds strange since that is what is used to make candles to fight bugs. Can’t imagine drinking it.
Narrowminded
Narrowminded

Back to top Go down

Post by Annieh on Sat Jul 27, 2019 4:46 pm

Hahaha, I didn't think about the citronella candles until AFTER I drank the tea.

B: One egg (stopped there because I knew birthday lunch was coming).
L: Kumara soup and foccaccia bread, lasagne, mini mince pies, sandwiches, asparagus rolls; chocolate cake, fruit salad and cream.
D: Not really hungry after all that! Nevertheless ate some more asparagus rolls.

Received golf discs for my birthday! Threw them across my brother-in-law's paddock, chased them down, and threw them back again. So much fun.
Better do at least one 4MW this evening.
Annieh
Annieh

Back to top Go down

Post by Narrowminded on Sun Jul 28, 2019 8:09 am

Annie what a wonderful BD celebration!

You did exercise while you were playing with those disks. That did sound fun. Haven’t thrown a disc in a long time.

Narrowminded
Narrowminded

Back to top Go down

Post by Annieh on Mon Jul 29, 2019 3:16 am

Today's tramp was more of a stroll down a country lane, interspersed with more birthday feasting, so I took myself to the gym as well, as I haven't been since Friday.  My routine remains similar but I stepped most things up a notch - extra incline on the cycle and treadmill, extra weight on some of my resistance routines, and extra sets on some others.  Added a stretch for the lats.  I'm not very good at this one yet.  Feeling good after all that.  Food I don't really want to record, but, here goes:

B: Fruit salad, two eggs.
S: Crackers, brie, chutney, grapes, cheesybacon mini pies, dark choc drops.
L: Pancakes with maple syrup and boysenberries, chippies, more chocolate, lemon and coconut cake (gluten free).
D: Pork with apple sauce and crackling, pumpkin, cauli and peas.
Annieh
Annieh

Back to top Go down

Post by Annieh on Mon Jul 29, 2019 6:19 am

Simply Primal - Annie Tries Again - Page 37 Img_2081
Annieh
Annieh

Back to top Go down

Post by Narrowminded on Mon Jul 29, 2019 9:21 am

What a beautiful country lane.

ok pick yourself up and dust yourself off and eat better today. Smile
Narrowminded
Narrowminded

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 37 of 42 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 36, 37, 38 ... 42  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum