Simply Primal - Annie Tries Again

Page 36 of 40 Previous  1 ... 19 ... 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next

Go down

Simply Primal - Annie Tries Again - Page 36 Empty Re: Simply Primal - Annie Tries Again

Post by Annieh on Sat May 11, 2019 4:39 pm

I believe in literacy. I believe in written tests. But the purpose of this assignment was to have him learn the purposes and maintenance of the safety equipment and procedures. This purpose was completely overwhelmed by the mental gymnastics required merely to make comprehensible sentences. It's irrelevant, counterproductive, and mean.
Annieh
Annieh

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Simply Primal - Annie Tries Again - Page 36 Empty Re: Simply Primal - Annie Tries Again

Post by perennialpam on Sat May 11, 2019 4:53 pm

Can you tell the "powers that be" your feelings on this particular assignment? If it is not producing the proper outcome they may not know.
perennialpam
perennialpam

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Annieh on Sat May 11, 2019 8:43 pm

I have certainly given my feedback to the person who co-ordinates me. Whether he sends it further is up to him. I know he has the best interests of the students at heart, so if he can do something to help then he will.
Annieh
Annieh

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Annieh on Sat May 11, 2019 9:14 pm

Did you realise that wallpapering is an excellent whole body workout? Stepping up and down, reaching and bending, twisting and balancing...I am feeling it all today.

It would feel even more satisfying if I hadn't run out of paper just half a length from the end of the job.
Annieh
Annieh

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ShelleyM on Sun May 12, 2019 8:23 am

Well that is a bummer! Glad you felt the "burn!"
ShelleyM
ShelleyM

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by perennialpam on Sun May 12, 2019 9:54 am

That really makes one unhappy. I hope you can find more to fix and have some on hand in case of injuries to the existing wall paper.
perennialpam
perennialpam

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Annieh on Sun May 12, 2019 4:03 pm

Lol, my mum will be off to buy another roll today and she will just have to tolerate the bare patch until I find time to hang it for her. She knew at the time she was likely to have underestimated. Finishing off will be no problem, finding somewhere to use most of another roll is the next challenge. Never mind.
Annieh
Annieh

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Narrowminded on Sun May 12, 2019 10:10 pm

Annie so nice of you to wall paper for her.  Painting has that same WO affect.

As to using the wall paper.  The was a lady that went to our church, who has long since past. She used to by wall paper for the express purpose of using it to wrap gifts.  I’m sure she went to the bargain bin, but maybe Mom or you could wrap gifts with it.

I hope the info on that test gets passed up the line.

Happy Mother’s Day
Narrowminded
Narrowminded

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Narrowminded on Mon Jul 08, 2019 8:10 am

good to see you pop in on the sore muscle thread. Been missing you, hope all is well.
Narrowminded
Narrowminded

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Annieh on Wed Jul 17, 2019 7:23 am

Aw, thanks NM. Yeah, I'm ok, apart from being sick for a couple of weeks. The cough is still lingering and I'm not very primally successful right now, nor have been for some time. Turning 55 next week, my weight has continued to creep up, and I am dissatisfied with my condition.

I desperately miss tap, and tramping has been a bit blah. That's to say, I still love the environment, but it's not filling the exercise bill well enough. The one day I hoped to walk in the snow, the weather closed in so we visited a waterfall instead. It was a lovely outing, but now the snow has washed away.

We are now past the shortest day, which always feels hopeful. I cooked a massive beef roast to feed 12 at a family dinner and it went down a treat. I can see myself getting into disc golf with my DH, we had a nice family round yesterday and I even parred one basket!

I loved the energy I had when I was regularly going to the gym. I let the habit slide both for reasons of time and finances, but I am about to recommit, in an effort to restore my enthusiasm. I'm doing a first aid course too.

Annieh
Annieh

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Narrowminded on Wed Jul 17, 2019 8:27 am

Annie - hugs, there are a few of us here that have just recommitted. I’ve gain back 30 of the 40 I lost 2 years ago, due to my last year. WE got this. We can all do it together.

Happy to hear you are recommitting to the gym or at least a regular exercise program. The disc golf will definitely help. Sounds like fun too.

Oh and posting helps too. Smile

Hate to hear you are past your shortest day, as that mean we are past our longest and looking at cold coming as you get your heat.

Hugs
Narrowminded
Narrowminded

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Annieh on Fri Jul 19, 2019 3:33 am

Thankyou NM for your encouragement.  I agree that posting will help, so, here goes:

Today I got myself to the gym.  I am so proud of myself.

I felt a bit timid, but I tried out as many machines as I could remember how to use, and a few that I've never seen before, then explored the areas for free weights and boxing and stretching, so now at least I have my bearings.  This gym is pretty small, pretty basic and only 2km from my front door - a walkable distance for sure (although I drove tonight).  

I was pretty shocked at my profile in the mirror, and jumping on the scales confirmed my flabbiness - 65.1kg (143lb).  Came home and unearthed the tape measure - Hips 40", waist 30 1/2.  Age, 55 next week.

My workout:
5 minutes cycling, 4 minutes rowing machine.

Then I rotated about three times through -
Lat Pulldowns
Quads leg extension
Leg Press
Overhead press
Chest press
Tricep pushdowns
Bicep Curls
Hanging knee raise (abs)
Balance board

And finished up on the cardio machines again, trying out the walker, stair climber, and various bikes. Now I'm going to make myself a running record so I can record each workout (and plan the next).

I already feel better for having moved my body, even though I did it rather cautiously.  I want to be able to move again tomorrow, and the next day, and the next.  It's a true saying that you are only ever one workout away from a good mood.  

Side note about the gym : They are not as cheap as the one in town I was looking at, but they don't have joining fees or minimum commitments, and they have plenty of ways to pay without having to give them authority over my bank account, which I am super uncomfortable with.

Last edited by Annieh on Fri Jul 19, 2019 4:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
Annieh
Annieh

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lovebird on Fri Jul 19, 2019 4:33 am

Well done on the gym. Yeah, start slow and you'll be back again where you were in no time.

Annieh wrote:I was pretty shocked at my profile in the mirror, and jumping on the scales confirmed my flabbiness - 65.1kg (143lb).  Came home and unearthed the tape measure - Hips 40", waist 30 1/2.  Age, 55 next week.

Adding your height would be helpful... which probably still is 5'4''. Smile Nice healthy waist size btw.

Did you see the chart Pedi posted last month?: http://primalforums.forumotion.com/t377p75-moving-forward-toward-better-health-part-5#24888
Lovebird
Lovebird

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Annieh on Fri Jul 19, 2019 5:45 am

Technically, it appears I am in an ok weight range for my height, but I know it doesn't feel as good as it did 5kg ago, and nor do I like the way it looks.

While I'm recording, here's my food for the day (better than usual, despite the scones):

B: 2 eggs, 2 leaves rocket.
L: 2 of mum's cinnamon pinwheel scones, and later a banana.
S: peanut butter, cheese.
D: Chicken casserole with potatoes, peas and a tomato-based cooking sauce.
Annieh
Annieh

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Narrowminded on Fri Jul 19, 2019 9:09 am

Annie great way to get restarted. You are doing far better than I, even though it’s not where you feel best. You got this girl!
Narrowminded
Narrowminded

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by tomi1000 on Fri Jul 19, 2019 4:39 pm

You can do this! Lots of support from here Wink
tomi1000
tomi1000

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Annieh on Fri Jul 19, 2019 10:54 pm

Thankyou Tomi, NM, LB.  Support is appreciated, even from a distance.  In fact, particularly from a distance, seeing as it's something I don't want people in my real life to make a big deal of or even really know about until I start getting results I can be satisfied with.  Husband is neutrally supportive, and that's enough. Today I signed up for three months.

Workout 2:
Stretches (hip flexors); cycling 5mins; Abs - balance board and knee raises.
Resistance, 2x15 slow tempo -
Overhead press, Lat pulldown, Chest press,
Leg press, leg extensions
Bicep curls, Triceps pushdowns.
Stretches and treadmill 5mins.

I met a couple of people and said hello to a couple more, I think this is going to be good.

Afterwards, I found the supermarket had cottage cheese on special, with only one carton left.  So I took that as a sign and am making a concerted effort to improve my nutrition again.

Food so far today:
Egg and green rocket leaves
Chicken and orange salad with coconut and sesame seeds
Cottage cheese with carrot sticks, peanut butter. Small chunk of cheese.
Chicken and green bean casserole, on a bed of steamed silverbeet
Chocolate avocado mousse with blackberries.

4 minute workout.  Boy, does this one get the heart rate up quick!!  3 sets of 10, probably took 3 minutes, and the blood is PUMPING.  So energising (whether that's what I need right before bed is another matter, lol).  Thanks to those who shared this one.  It might just fill the niche.

Last edited by Annieh on Sat Jul 20, 2019 5:21 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Add 4 minute workout.)
Annieh
Annieh

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lovebird on Sat Jul 20, 2019 5:37 am

Annieh wrote:4 minute workout.  Boy, does this one get the heart rate up quick!!  3 sets of 10, probably took 3 minutes, and the blood is PUMPING.  So energising (whether that's what I need right before bed is another matter, lol).  Thanks to those who shared this one.  It might just fill the niche.

Nice... nope, definitely don't to it right before bed. Smile It's kinda fun to know it's called 4-minute workout, while even in the vid it's more like 3 minutes. Discovered and shared this in November last year in my journal, and it's nice to see so many trying it as it's really effective and quick.

Last edited by Lovebird on Mon Jul 22, 2019 11:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
Lovebird
Lovebird

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Annieh on Sun Jul 21, 2019 1:39 am

The four-minute workout (4MW) is not a gentle way to wake up but I did it while my tea brewed, then again while lunch was cooking, and in the afternoon to get warm.  I think increasing the reps from 10 to 12 might help spin it out closer to four minutes than three.

12 holes of disc golf at the domain with my DH.  This was fun, and I even made one par!

B: Leftover chicken casserole
L: Cottage cheese with fruit. Salad of rocket leaves, roast kumara, beans and onion, with a slice of bacon.
S: Banana. Peanut butter.
D: Apricot chicken curry. Chocolate avocado mousse.
Annieh
Annieh

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by perennialpam on Sun Jul 21, 2019 5:10 am

Good to see you back here Annie.  

Sounds like you are doing well with your eating.

You sound good too.

Disc Golf -- I have never played.  Wasn't good at frisbee.  Smile
perennialpam
perennialpam

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Narrowminded on Sun Jul 21, 2019 11:54 am

Sounds like a few great days for you. Good going!

Any idea what Rocket leaves would be here in the states?

Hugs
Narrowminded
Narrowminded

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Annieh on Sun Jul 21, 2019 3:51 pm

NM, according to Britannica : Arugula, (subspecies Eruca vesicaria sativa), also called roquette, salad rocket, garden rocket, or rugula, annual herb of the mustard family (Brassicaceae), grown for its pungent edible leaves. Native to the Mediterranean, arugula is a common salad vegetable in many parts of southern Europe and has grown in popularity around the world for its peppery, nutty taste and its nutritional content. The young leaves are often eaten raw and are a good source of calcium, iron, and vitamins A, C, and K.

Pam, thanks, yes I'm feeling much better even after just two days.  I think it's finally making the call to get serious with myself that has helped. How do I forget how simple it all is?

4MW
2 hour hike up mountain and across snow.  1 hour walk back down the road.
A stint pulling weeds in the garden.

No wonder I was hungry.

B: Cottage cheese with tinned apricots.
L: (Tramping fare) Two hard boiled eggs, chunk of chicken, slice of cheese, handful of dates and a banana, Peanut Slab (chocolate bar).
S: Some peanut butter off the spoon, and another slice of cheese.
D: Orange chicken on rice with fresh coriander.

Last edited by Annieh on Mon Jul 22, 2019 3:29 am; edited 1 time in total
Annieh
Annieh

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Annieh on Mon Jul 22, 2019 3:27 am

What I did for fun today:
Simply Primal - Annie Tries Again - Page 36 Img_2077
Annieh
Annieh

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rig D on Mon Jul 22, 2019 7:02 am

Brrr! That looks challenging in addition to cold
Rig D
Rig D

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Vh67 on Mon Jul 22, 2019 7:32 am

Beautiful hike!
Vh67
Vh67

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 36 of 40 Previous  1 ... 19 ... 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum