Re: Simply Primal - Annie Tries Again

Post by Annieh on Mon Dec 18, 2017 8:24 pm

Annieh

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Annieh on Mon Dec 18, 2017 8:26 pm

thanks NM.

i have to see the doctor on friday to change this temporary cast so i will talk to him about that idea. meanwhile, shopping for a glamorous stole...
Annieh

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Narrowminded on Mon Dec 18, 2017 9:03 pm

xing fingers the Dr will agree. Especially if you follow all the advice on the bone healing thread.

the waterfall is gorgeous
Narrowminded

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by jeangenie on Tue Dec 19, 2017 3:34 am

Oh dear! Look after yourself x
jeangenie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Heuristicfireflower on Tue Dec 19, 2017 7:48 am

NO! Oh no, Annie. Hope it isn't too painful and mends quickly.
Sigh, the hazards in the pursuit of wilderness beauty.

Definitely healing thoughts and a hug to you.
Heuristicfireflower

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Annieh on Tue Dec 19, 2017 1:58 pm

thankyou all.

day one is done.  

dd drove me to town for christmas shopping, and hunt for a classy wrap to wear over my cast, not sure if i really want the one we chose, may take it back today, it is soft and cosy - too cosy for january down under.  

dh cooked amazing garlic chicken breast for dinner and washed up.

i hung laundry on the line single handed, fed the chickens and watered the basil.

apart from potentially being in a cast for the wedding, my biggest disappointment is not being able to play my piano or flute. even the cajon needs both hands.

i also ruled out bugle, bass drum, pan pipes (for now) and have started teaching myself harmonica Smile  so far i can manage twinkle twinkle, and some of silent night.
Annieh

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by perennialpam on Tue Dec 19, 2017 3:02 pm

Well, at least you are researching and not bored.

You are the sweetest Annie.
perennialpam

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Heuristicfireflower on Tue Dec 19, 2017 4:27 pm

Harmonica.  That's awesome.  Your music muse will not be ignored.
Heuristicfireflower

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Annieh on Wed Dec 20, 2017 5:12 am

day 2. it's really hard to get that much extra protein in. i added gelatine to a drink at both the start and end of the day. 2 eggs for breakfast, a chocolate milk while out shopping, cottage cheese for lunch/snack, two strips of bacon for an even later snack. i think there was a slice of cheese and spoon of peanut butter in there too. dh cooked meatballs and chilli beans for dinner.

also, my sweet neighbour brought over some fresh organic veges - lettuce, baby carrots and weeny yellow tomatoes from her garden. lovely.

my arm isn't hurting too much, except when it gets jarred as when a child ran into me at the store.

got the hang of silent night on the harmonica, and trying a few other tunes. i need to learn to bend the notes, something i have always tried not to do on flute and which is not even possible on piano.

i am already tired of letting other people do my work, i washed the dishes one handed tonight, but gave up on the blender, and the pot the rice was cooked in.

i could totally get used to being chauffeur driven though. my dd could not have picked a better time to pass her driving test Smile
Annieh

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by perennialpam on Wed Dec 20, 2017 6:27 am

Stretching limits is up your alley Annie. Glad you are learning some songs on the harmonica and that you even tried washing dishes with one hand.

And I love your comment about being chauffeured around. Made me giggle.
perennialpam

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Meant2Move on Wed Dec 20, 2017 7:51 pm

Lovely picture, but not worth a broken arm! Darn! I see you are already managing admirably and eating well to give your body what it needs. I never did master bending notes, although I attribute that to my overall lack of any actual musical talent. You'll get it, I'm sure. Hugs!
Meant2Move

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Narrowminded on Wed Dec 20, 2017 10:01 pm

Annie, good going with working on things one handed. And what great practice for the new driver.

Hang I there
Narrowminded

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Heuristicfireflower on Thu Dec 21, 2017 4:46 am

Aah, so nice to get fresh veggies from nearby garden.  Lovely neighbor.   I got one, too.  But, I'm trying to be my own grower starting with herbs...I meant herbs. Lol. Maybe one day hens. ;]

It's been nice when folks have pitched in for me.   May allow more creative energy to surface, while you convalesce.

Last edited by Heuristicfireflower on Fri Dec 22, 2017 12:57 am; edited 2 times in total
Heuristicfireflower

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Annieh on Thu Dec 21, 2017 1:41 pm

thanks pam, m2m and nm.
hff, that's a good way of looking at it. my dd says i should make the most of it. she is right, but i'm not the happiest about it. hens are a great place to start your own food production. i have five.

i have learnt the notes on my harmonica and why you use a c harmonica to play blues in G.  Who knew?  family walk on the beach, sat on a log with my dh and watched the girls swim. took us all back 10 years or so. lol.

not so well on the food, gluten crept in, even vegetable oils which i normally shun, a few rice bubbles.  some good things as well.  

today is another day. i am off to the dr. the girls between them planned who would drive and how they would also get to their dates. this is quite relieving, usually i have to figure out things like that.  "mum, we've been organising your life." this is a direct quote of what i have been known to say to them.
Annieh

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by perennialpam on Thu Dec 21, 2017 4:48 pm

Makes me smile Annie.
perennialpam

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Annieh on Thu Dec 21, 2017 8:14 pm

ok, so dr took $30 then sent me to clinic. grrr, could have skipped that whole step. clinic took another $30, then lovely nurse and even lovelier dr fixed me up. my wrist is now encased in purple but at least i can move my elbow and fingers again.

they kindly made my next appointment for the day before the wedding so i can get a fresh cast or maybe even a splint. i appreciate this a lot.

got home to find i am locked out of the house. the daughters organising my life didn't think of that! persuaded neighbour child to clamber through window - he was reluctant but eventally donned a helmet and let his mum boost him ,lol, i thiught boys were more daring than that.
Annieh

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Narrowminded on Fri Dec 22, 2017 12:03 am

Annie I’m happy you are encased is purple and that you can move both your fingers and you elbow and their willingness to work with you for the wedding. To happy they pulled an extra 30 from you. So not cool.

To cute about your daughters organizing your life and the locking you out of the house.
Narrowminded

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Annieh on Fri Dec 22, 2017 5:44 am

Basic stats:
weight 61.5kg (including heavy cast)
blood pressure 128/78
pulse 60

Not bad at all. Last dr visit was 2011, so now Dr also wants me to go for blood tests, check for pre-diabetes, cholesterol etc. I am curious but I see no need so I probably won't do it. Getting this wrist healed, Christmas, wedding and summer in general (though without swimming Sad )are far more important to me right now.
Annieh

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rig D on Fri Dec 22, 2017 7:24 am

persuaded neighbour child to clamber through window - he was reluctant but eventally donned a helmet and let his mum boost him ,lol, i thiught boys were more daring than that.
They should be. I can't imagine either of my 2 sons as little guys having any hesitation in this situation. Was the helmet his idea or his mum, it all sounds pretty wussy to me.
Rig D

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by perennialpam on Fri Dec 22, 2017 9:04 am

Even "I" would climb through a window.  I had to do that once on the 2nd floor.  Up a ladder I went knowing there was a chair under the window and it was open (the window).  Thank goodness for that chair!

That made me realize that anyone could break into my house with little effort.  Felt uneasy for a bit.  Forgot about it until now.  

So cute about your cast, the dr. working with you and your organizing daughters.
perennialpam

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Annieh on Fri Dec 22, 2017 3:37 pm

Yep, I would climb through the window myself if it weren't for the broken wrist.  

Speaking of which, I am feeling grumpy.  Went in for my plaster check.  The cast was too wide near my thumb and was rubbing on my skin.  So the nurse cut it away with a noisy grinder.  Unfortunately now there is a sharp edge so she pulled a bit of the stretchy lining from inside the cast, folded it over the edge and taped it down.  So now my nice new purple cast has a strip of flesh coloured tape holding it together.  A plaster on my plaster! It looks ugly and doesn't feel any better than before.

Meanwhile, the whole thing is a bit twisted, not enough for them to decide that changing it now would outweigh the disadvantage of disrupting the bone once again.  Especially given the computer was denying access to my xray, which I know is there because they looked at it yesterday.  So, grumpy.

Also, dd has had three more job applications rejected.  It's demoralising for her.  Maybe she will stay home and make babies instead, but you'd like to think that was a free choice, not merely a default option. And all these schools are missing out on a really good teacher.
Annieh

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Narrowminded on Fri Dec 22, 2017 7:07 pm

Annie - here in the US, getting a teaching job is also quite difficult. Please tell her to hang in there, it will happen at the right time and place.

So sorry about your cast. When i had mine, I had to get it redone, it was cutting off circulation. They are definitely not fun.
Narrowminded

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Annieh on Fri Dec 22, 2017 10:23 pm

Sorry for grizzling. Went out for lunch, company was great, least said about the food the better. Everyone else liked it.

Eldest dd on her way home. Smile Smile Smile Smile I love it so much when we are all together. Bittersweet though, end of an era.
Annieh

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by perennialpam on Sat Dec 23, 2017 5:27 am

Yea, I have been through the end of an era....it is tough. Time to make new traditions.

I have been happy when I can get a minimal of my family together....better than only me.

Sorry your cast has been ruined. Wish they would give you another.

Enjoy this time....it passes so quickly. In so many ways.
perennialpam

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Annieh on Sat Dec 23, 2017 1:34 pm

RAIN!

I love rain, which fact was difficult to remember all winter long.  Our region was just yesterday declared officially in drought. After the soggiest winter, summer suddenly arrived and we have been as parched as february or march.  But then I woke up to hear it raining, and it is still coming down. I want to get out there and catch extra from the downpipes for the garden but my cast should not get wet.  I will have to put on a coat.  Meanwhile I scooped enough for a cup of tea.
Annieh

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 26 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 15 ... 26  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum