Simply Primal - Annie Tries Again

Page 29 of 42 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30 ... 35 ... 42  Next

Go down

Simply Primal - Annie Tries Again - Page 29 Empty Re: Simply Primal - Annie Tries Again

Post by AutumnTiger on Mon Jan 28, 2019 4:35 am

Wow! Sounds like quite a day. Very adventurous.
I love your honesty. We've had times like those when out geocaching when DH decides to "follow the arrow" rather than take a longer route on a recognised path
AutumnTiger
AutumnTiger

Back to top Go down

Simply Primal - Annie Tries Again - Page 29 Empty Re: Simply Primal - Annie Tries Again

Post by Rig D on Mon Jan 28, 2019 8:19 am

Hopefully you burned all that sugar. IMO when confronted with that type of junk food just avoiding the first one is the major event. For me, if I eat one of 'em, I'll clean out the bowl. My "won't power" is sadly lacking.
Rig D
Rig D

Back to top Go down

Post by ONTARIO on Mon Jan 28, 2019 8:34 am

Isn't it funny how we can be 40, 50, 60 years of age or beyond and STILL eat crap that we KNOW is bad for us? When will we learn? And we all do it from time to time. But you'll live to tell! But just imagine what those who eat that stuff every day must feel like and what they must be doing to their bodies. At least dwell in the knowledge that you know better and do better 99% of the time.

Your walk sounds beautiful. And, yes, I bet you worked off all that sugar!

ONTARIO

Back to top Go down

Post by Narrowminded on Mon Jan 28, 2019 8:41 am

What a wonderful day in nature, even though you didn’t quite get where you were headed.

Rig - yes, it’s avoiding the first one. Remember the Lay’s potato chip commercial about “you can’t just eat one”. So very true.

Those that invent the flavors know that and they get paid to make us want more.

Like Ontario said, you are good most of the time, so don’t beat yourself up.
Narrowminded
Narrowminded

Back to top Go down

Post by Annieh on Mon Jan 28, 2019 11:46 pm

Long walk on the beach today with my oldest friend (meaning, we have been friends for the longest time, not that she is 90 years old).

It's very hot today, but a bit overcast, and with the cool breeze at the beach and our feet in the waves it was perfect. My calf muscles and quads are still protesting about yesterday, so this is what they needed.
Annieh
Annieh

Back to top Go down

Post by perennialpam on Tue Jan 29, 2019 4:31 am

I agree with Rig and Ont....I cannot eat just one. But I can refrain for long periods of time.

Robb Wolf says that the companies making food like Doritos, etc. hire engineers who figure out what tastes make us want more. Of course, he does not say it like that but that is the drift. It is sad.
perennialpam
perennialpam

Back to top Go down

Post by Narrowminded on Tue Jan 29, 2019 8:53 am

Ah that walk on the beach sounds dreamy. Esp when it is so very cold here. Smile
Narrowminded
Narrowminded

Back to top Go down

Post by Rig D on Tue Jan 29, 2019 9:01 am

Yeah, I nice walk on the beach would be really nice about now.
Rig D
Rig D

Back to top Go down

Post by Annieh on Fri Feb 01, 2019 1:03 am

I applied for a job that I actually want to get.

Annieh
Annieh

Back to top Go down

Post by AutumnTiger on Fri Feb 01, 2019 2:23 am

Ooh. Best of luck. Everything crossed for you!
AutumnTiger
AutumnTiger

Back to top Go down

Post by Annieh on Fri Feb 01, 2019 4:17 am

Thanks, AT. I must be patient. Applications don't even close for at least a couple of weeks. Perhaps I will forget about it in the meantime.
Annieh
Annieh

Back to top Go down

Post by perennialpam on Fri Feb 01, 2019 7:17 am

Hope you get an interview and then the position. Good for you not giving up!
perennialpam
perennialpam

Back to top Go down

Post by tomi1000 on Fri Feb 01, 2019 11:22 am

Best of luck! Smile What kind of work do you do?
tomi1000
tomi1000

Back to top Go down

Post by Annieh on Fri Feb 01, 2019 6:00 pm

My father in law brought a huge supply of green beans and yellow beans so I have been blanching and freezing all morning.  There are three 500g bags of yellow beans almost ready to go.  I am reluctant to freeze the green ones (as I love them so much fresh) but there is a whole kilo which is probably more than we can get through at once.  Still thinking about them.

Last edited by Annieh on Sat Feb 02, 2019 6:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
Annieh
Annieh

Back to top Go down

Post by Narrowminded on Fri Feb 01, 2019 7:17 pm

Good luck with the job app.

Hugs as you watch the girls head off. Always a bitter sweet time.

Hugs
Narrowminded
Narrowminded

Back to top Go down

Post by Annieh on Sat Feb 02, 2019 3:56 am

My daughter's husband shot her a wild goose! How primal is that?
Annieh
Annieh

Back to top Go down

Post by perennialpam on Sat Feb 02, 2019 4:21 am

Smile
perennialpam
perennialpam

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedidoc on Sat Feb 02, 2019 10:48 am

roast goose!
Pedidoc
Pedidoc

Back to top Go down

Post by Narrowminded on Sat Feb 02, 2019 1:49 pm

Awesome!
Narrowminded
Narrowminded

Back to top Go down

Post by AutumnTiger on Sun Feb 03, 2019 4:29 am

The goose is awesome. I'm intrigued on the how.
I didn't realise they ran wild and/or that shooting/hunting was allowed in your part of the world.

I know what you mean about the fresh beans, but they will only be fresh for a few days anyway so blanching & freezing will preserve their goodness
AutumnTiger
AutumnTiger

Back to top Go down

Post by Annieh on Sun Feb 03, 2019 2:53 pm

Well, first, geese fly rather than run,so I don't see how they could be any other way than wild.  They go where they will.  We have geese at the reserve near us, the sight and sound of them flying overhead morning and evening is one of my joys. The problem is, there is an over-population on my son-in-law's friend-of-a-friend's property.

Hunting and shooting most certainly is allowed in this part of the world (though not actually in my suburban neighbourhood, naturally).   There is actually a season for duck hunting, and the birds know it because they abound in the parks and reserves during those months.

Anyway, the boys only downed one bird between them.  They butchered it and my dd cooked her half, but she said the result was tough, so not a particularly successful enterprise overall.

Last edited by Annieh on Mon Feb 04, 2019 1:25 am; edited 1 time in total
Annieh
Annieh

Back to top Go down

Post by AutumnTiger on Sun Feb 03, 2019 5:14 pm

Thanks for the explanation, Annie. Geese here are usually farm animals, hence my misunderstanding. It is pheasants that roam freely. Ducks are treated almost like pets. Parents take their children to lakes and canals to feed them. Although the supermarkets sell farmed duck.

Shame the goose didn't cook well. Maybe it was an older bird and there is a difference like between lamb and mutton
AutumnTiger
AutumnTiger

Back to top Go down

Post by Annieh on Sun Feb 03, 2019 6:01 pm

Haha, different perspectives are so interesting when they come to light, especially when you never thought of looking at something from another angle.

Pheasants are so beautiful, there don't seem to be many of them left here, but occasionally they can be spotted wandering.

Got offered MORE beans.
Annieh
Annieh

Back to top Go down

Post by Rig D on Mon Feb 04, 2019 7:22 am

Another perspective on geese: Around here, ducks & geese are a giant pain in the butt. When my kids were young, we lost a soccer field in a city park to them, because of the bird's out of control population and the great accumulation of bird crap around a small lake in the park. The city "solved" the problem by building a large skateboard park, seems the birds don't like living on concrete. We now live close to a large city park, and have a growing population of them there around the central lake and the bird crap is a constant annoyance. I'm in favor of the city buying a couple of border collies to help keep 'em away.
Rig D
Rig D

Back to top Go down

Post by perennialpam on Mon Feb 04, 2019 12:38 pm

Good solution Rig.

They are a problem everywhere.
perennialpam
perennialpam

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 29 of 42 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30 ... 35 ... 42  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum