Simply Primal - Annie Tries Again

Page 18 of 43 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 30 ... 43  Next

Go down

Simply Primal - Annie Tries Again - Page 18 Empty Re: Simply Primal - Annie Tries Again

Post by Annieh on Tue Jul 03, 2018 9:21 pm

Tooth has been filled, I was imagining root canal, or crown or extraction...but nope.  Just clean out rest of old filling and put in a new one.  This one is white, not black, so I'm happy about that too.

Great walk in the bush this week.  We are staying off the mountain in wintry weather, still waiting for a fine Monday to get up in the snow.  We found another hunter's track (I call them goat highways).  It didn't seem to lead anywhere but gave us a good workout as there was a lot of up and down.   We also retraced part of our route from last week, just to make sure we know it, and have planned our next loop in the area.  

No rainbows or hail or glistening roads this week, and only a few birds, but very beautiful trees:
Simply Primal - Annie Tries Again - Page 18 Img_2013
Annieh
Annieh

Back to top Go down

Simply Primal - Annie Tries Again - Page 18 Empty Re: Simply Primal - Annie Tries Again

Post by Narrowminded on Tue Jul 03, 2018 9:24 pm

Sounds like a nice hike.
Narrowminded
Narrowminded

Back to top Go down

Post by perennialpam on Tue Jul 03, 2018 9:36 pm

Up my alley.... Exploring and adventure. Great pic.
perennialpam
perennialpam

Back to top Go down

Post by Heuristicfireflower on Wed Jul 04, 2018 6:39 pm

I LOVE coming up to spots like your tree pic. What beautiful country you live in.
I always have in mind "Forest Bathing" which you must have oodles of in your hikes. A goal of mine every outing. In my urban hikes, I always pick the blocks that have well grown tree canopies.

Enjoyed reading about your barrel expedition. Re-use of something that would have been junked in a wild setting. Good going while making it a fun project getting to car!

Glad the tooth is good as new.
Heuristicfireflower
Heuristicfireflower

Back to top Go down

Post by Annieh on Sun Jul 08, 2018 7:29 am

My job hunting record is not looking too flash.  In three months of searching, I have applied for 14 positions without landing any of them.  Despite two interviews, I have received several rejection emails and a couple of calls, while the other applications seem to have vanished into thin air.  In one case I received a disconcerting notice that my details may have been hacked during some sort of internet outage, but no actual response regarding the job in question.  Other times, I'd see the job re-advertised. Time to change something up, just not sure what.
Annieh
Annieh

Back to top Go down

Post by Narrowminded on Sun Jul 08, 2018 9:50 am

Hmm - so sorry about the job search. Hopefully you can figure out what path to persue going forward.

The one about the hacking is definitely concerning.
Narrowminded
Narrowminded

Back to top Go down

Post by Annieh on Mon Jul 09, 2018 7:45 am

Today I tried line dancing for the first time. It was good exercise, which is what I needed on a wet and windy day with my tramping buddy away. It's not the same as tap, but similar enough that I was able to catch on.

Later, I went for a wander in the domain, not another soul in sight which is not surprising given the weather. Later still, I went back to the line dancing for another hour - same instructor, mostly the same material, but a different group.

All in all, it still doesn't add up to as much exercise as I usually get on a Monday, but it was fun for a change.

Dinner was roast pork, with pumpkin and potatoes.
Annieh
Annieh

Back to top Go down

Post by Narrowminded on Mon Jul 09, 2018 7:51 am

A lot of line dancing gets done at weddings around here, if we are talking the same thing. Since I don’t go to many, I always have to relearn the steps. Fun though.

Glad you could do something different.
Narrowminded
Narrowminded

Back to top Go down

Post by perennialpam on Mon Jul 09, 2018 8:12 am

I grew up on line dancing of various sorts. I love to dance so any chance I get I do. And learning a new one isn't that difficult other than feeling out of it at first. Glad you had fun.

Good for you for getting outside is not dependent upon weather conditions. The no other soul works for me.
perennialpam
perennialpam

Back to top Go down

Post by Heuristicfireflower on Mon Jul 09, 2018 3:54 pm

I'd have to rehearse before stepping into line dancing, mind legs don't sync fast enough. :}

Envy your climate. Rainy, cool days are a dream right now with heatwave...
Heuristicfireflower
Heuristicfireflower

Back to top Go down

Post by The Walrus on Mon Jul 09, 2018 6:53 pm

I don't go to a lot of weddings these days, but it seems that the happy couple choose a dance beforehand and practice - that was the case at the last couple of weddings I attended. I wish I had known the chosen dance ahead of time! The last wedding featured the Electric Slide, which I have not done since 1978. I didn't attempt it, but I wish I had.

I'm not having much luck with job hunting either (although I am currently stalled due to my injured hand.). I either hear nothing, or I get a terse and borderline rude email stating that I wasn't up to snuff. Really discouraging as I haven't applied for anything beyond my qualifications or capability. I'll be jumping back into the fray very soon as my hand continues to heal - we'll see!
The Walrus
The Walrus

Back to top Go down

Post by Meant2Move on Mon Jul 09, 2018 7:01 pm

We are required to use a template when sending out correspondence to no hires, and while we are not supposed to tinker with it, I do because I feel it is borderline rude. Certain snotty paragraphs don't survive the copy/paste function...

I am sorry you are stymied. Be sure you are explaining your absence from the workforce clearly, and are very clear about the skills you have that match the posting.

Good for you for getting out and going dancing when a longer trek wasn't an option.
Meant2Move
Meant2Move

Back to top Go down

Post by Annieh on Thu Jul 12, 2018 6:13 pm

I took my sister-in-law to line dancing.  It was a hoot.  The class was under way when we arrived so we slipped in the back.  If you have ever seen line dancing, you will know this is not a particularly clever strategy for beginners.  As soon as everyone pivots you end up at the front.

We did our best, but it was definitely not the same as what everyone else was doing.  I would blithely shuffle forward only to find everyone else was doing a vine to the right, or I would be bouncing my heels and suddenly hear them do their step-clap and realise I was dancing to a different beat, so to speak.

No pix of this event, thank goodness.  After class, we were given handouts, with links to the videos, so we can be better prepared should we be brave enough to return.  

Beautiful primal omelette for breakfast.

Thanks M2M for your input.
Annieh
Annieh

Back to top Go down

Post by Rig D on Thu Jul 12, 2018 6:30 pm

Line dancing -- I've been blessed with two left feet, so dancing of most all types has always been something very difficult, if not impossible. Congrats to you for sticking with it.
Rig D
Rig D

Back to top Go down

Post by tomi1000 on Thu Jul 12, 2018 8:33 pm

a little like this? Smile Smile Smile
tomi1000
tomi1000

Back to top Go down

Post by Narrowminded on Thu Jul 12, 2018 10:54 pm

Annie you sound like me at weddings, but I figure what the heck, I’m going to have fun. I’m glad you stayed and stuck with it.
Narrowminded
Narrowminded

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedidoc on Fri Jul 13, 2018 3:47 am

I had a good laugh at the Lucy clip. Thank you, I needed one.
Pedidoc
Pedidoc

Back to top Go down

Post by perennialpam on Fri Jul 13, 2018 7:19 am

Annie: it was nice of them to offer some info. They know that this type of dancing isn't always easy to get a hold of. Please go back. Glad you took a friend.

perennialpam
perennialpam

Back to top Go down

Post by Rig D on Fri Jul 13, 2018 10:41 am

Yeah, I'm very much like Lucy, but not nearly as good. Ain't got no rhythm. I was the kid in 1st grade that all the other kids watched and laughed at when we worked with the rhythm sticks and supposedly kept time to various cadences.
Rig D
Rig D

Back to top Go down

Post by Annieh on Fri Jul 13, 2018 10:37 pm

1st grade is pretty young to decide you ain't got no rhythm!  Sure, it comes more naturally to some than others, but we can all learn.  I guess you couldn't read then either, but you wouldn't say you ain't got no literacy now.  And a teacher who was getting kids to keep time to "cadences" may not have been the best musician out there either.  My daughter's school teacher once had her choreograph a waltz to a 4/4 pop song.  

However, I agree that Lucy's not really so bad, she seems to actually be in time with the music if not with the other dancers. Tomi, thanks for the laughs.
Annieh
Annieh

Back to top Go down

Post by Rig D on Sat Jul 14, 2018 9:24 am

Ha, I've never been able to do anything with rhythmic things, ever. Or with making music in any form. I've got a good ear for listening, but I'm a charter member in the monotone choir.

Lucy was a phenomenal talent, IMO you can see that she is actually having to work at being bad. The woman could do just about anything and I used to love the I love Lucy shows.
Rig D
Rig D

Back to top Go down

Post by Annieh on Tue Jul 17, 2018 5:34 am

Arduous, is how I would describe yesterday's walk. There's a particular waterfall that can only be reached by those willing to endure several hours of mud and supplejack. My friend wanted to visit it (again, we were only here a few months ago), so off we went.

There were times I wished we had made another choice. Like when trailing vines wrapped themselves around my neck, my feet slipped out from under me in the mud, ponga stumps collapsed under my weight, my boots filled with water in the river, and the bush lawyer caught hold of me. And especially the time my friend let a particularly weighty strand of supplejack flick back into my face. I can still feel the bruise, although it is invisible, which I cannot decide is a good thing or not.

The track markers were made of hazard tape, an entirely appropriate choice given the geography. However, bright yellow is not as readily visible in the bush as you might expect. Though our forest is so-called "evergreen" there are a remarkable number of yellow leaves at this time of year, which frequently deceived us. It was also raining.

So by the end of the day we were wet to the skin, battered and scratched, but victorious.

Today the sun is shining and I suddenly remembered I have a garden. I pulled a few weeds and next is to pull out those horticulture materials I am supposed to be studying.

Annieh
Annieh

Back to top Go down

Post by perennialpam on Tue Jul 17, 2018 9:04 am

Sounds like a great stomp. Makes you realize you can do almost anything.

I forgot about your garden...what are you studying again? Sorry.
perennialpam
perennialpam

Back to top Go down

Post by Narrowminded on Tue Jul 17, 2018 12:22 pm

Wow a frustrating but rewarding walk.
Narrowminded
Narrowminded

Back to top Go down

Post by Annieh on Tue Jul 17, 2018 10:05 pm

Yes, NM, one of those walks that's better in hindsight than at the time.

Pam, there's no reason you would remember my garden, seeing as I pretty much forgot about it myself. Today is really nice, almost spring-like, even though we are not far past the shortest day.  I have been weeding and composting one or two little spots.  

As for the horticulture studies, I am really annoyed with myself.  While I have been sulking I have let some deadlines go by, including the paper on Soil Types that was all but done. I think I have also missed the boat with Pruning, which is a shame as that was another fun one, but I may have time to redeem myself with Weed Identification, gah.  Naughty me.
Annieh
Annieh

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 18 of 43 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 30 ... 43  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum