Simply Primal - Annie Tries Again

Page 17 of 17 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 15, 16, 17

Go down

Re: Simply Primal - Annie Tries Again

Post by Rig D on Wed Jun 13, 2018 8:39 am

Trust your gut on what to do, the cool job w good pay may be worth the wait. Your perception of the company and job in hand certainly would not be exciting to me, unless I really needed to get a pay check started. OTOH, you could accept and if the preferred job comes through, you could be #2 to back out, or have a very short tenure.

Telling the preferred job people that you have "one in the wings" may well be considered as an undue pressure move on your part. Tread carefully. If you made a good, friendly connection with one of the interviewers, that person might be your best contact point for an informal, "no pressure", check on how things stand.
Rig D

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by tomi1000 on Wed Jun 13, 2018 1:10 pm

Hope you are able to come to the right choice.
tomi1000

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Annieh on Wed Jun 13, 2018 3:54 pm

Tomi, thanks. Rig, you have summed up wisely.
Today I am ready to decline offer in hand and wait patiently for outcome of the other.

Meanwhile stay focussed on my tasks of the day ie teaching my students and buying my groceries.

Grok on, everyone.
Annieh

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ONTARIO on Wed Jun 13, 2018 4:11 pm

I would always go with whatever job offers you the most autonomy. Sure, you still need to make enough money to live but there is something to say about having a work-life balance.

ONTARIO

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Annieh on Thu Jun 14, 2018 6:37 am

Ontario, you make a good point.
Annieh

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Annieh on Fri Jun 15, 2018 5:20 am

This has nothing to do with primal, but today I almost ran over a police officer! His own fault for wandering on the road, just around a corner. Luckily I was moving slowly, as it was also in a school zone.
Annieh

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by perennialpam on Fri Jun 15, 2018 9:54 am

I can imagine your horror!

Last year when I making a left turn I never saw a bicyclist coming straight at me. He was riding down a hill at a fast pace. I just missed him or he just missed me. I can still feel it in the pit of my stomach. Definitely was my fault. Am thankful, as you should be.

perennialpam

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Annieh Yesterday at 7:17 am

Thanks Pam, mostly I am just baffled that someone who should know a LOT better was setting such a bad example and outside a school too!

I have taken up my weaving again, it has been sitting there mocking me for far too long, but after our group meeting I realise time is of the essence, there is not enough to do everything we want to in life, but I can certainly aim to do as much as possible, and that includes this new hobby.

Weather is not looking too promising for tomorrow's hike but we will go anyway.
Annieh

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Narrowminded Yesterday at 7:20 pm

Annie - what a scare! Happy to hear everything was ok, but I know you were shook.

Good job getting back to the weaving. I’ve set my knitting down for the past week or so. Have to pick it back up.
Narrowminded

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Annieh Today at 4:44 am

With the weaving, NM, I have so much to learn.  I just did a whole section that I think is coming out upside down, I must have misread my charts.  It's unsettling how I can feel like I understand something and then realise when I actually do it that I haven't grasped it at all.

Today I was woken by thunder and lightning.  This was not enough to deter my friend from our weekly outing, however we agreed to do a walkway in town, rather than head to the national park. By the time she had driven in from the country, and I had driven across the city, the rain was torrential and the streets were flooded.  I said she was the only one of my friends who would go walking with me in such conditions, and she said the same Smile

The river was running fast and dirty.  We saw logs, and beach balls and polystyrene boxes and plastic rubbish all floating downstream.  We saw a shag in a ponga tree.  And we also saw not one, but two, blue 44-gallon drums careening past us, and when we arrived at the river mouth both of them were washed up on the rocks.  The tide was about to turn, so we dragged them a little higher so they wouldn't end up in the ocean.  

After our walk, my friend rang her husband who said he could find a use for the drums, so we drove back to the beach and salvaged them.  This entailed clambering down onto the rocks and hoisting the first drum end over end to bring it up onto the walkway.  Then we rolled it down the path and chased after it, finally loaded it into her car, giggling all the while.  I'm glad no one was there to see us. Perhaps they might have thought we were doing a CrossFit workout in our hiking boots and wet weather gear - or perhaps not.

Then we drove to the next spot, and found the other drum, it was lighter and had a rim so we could carry it together and eventually squeezed it into the boot of her car.

So that outing was even more fun than I expected when I left the house this morning. Here is the drum speeding by:

Sorry for blurriness of photos, water on the lens will do that.
Annieh

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by perennialpam Today at 7:06 am

What a fun escapade! Glad you found a use for the drums. The owner would probably not have found them anyway.
perennialpam

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Narrowminded Today at 8:23 am

Annie - I love reading your hiking/walking adventures. They make me smile. Thank you.

That was some rain that you were traipsing about in. I’m so glad you could enjoy it. And came home with something someone could use as well. Nice.

As to the weaving, one thing I’ve noticed about charts, is that don’t all read the same way. Some left to right, top to bottom and some the opposite. So maybe that could be the issue? If you like puzzles, then figuring out what went wrong is interesting, if not, a pain.
Narrowminded

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 17 of 17 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 15, 16, 17

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum